• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
@ Louie G. Louie G. : Why exaclty is an Awakening Representative "obvious?" besides the false assumption that Sakurai adds teh must recent of Fore Umblums?
I mean, Roy kinda shows that Sakurai likes to keep FE recent.
Not to mention Awakening being a huge game for FE, a great seller that SAVED THE SERIES.
And did I start a Krystal argument?

D

Deleted member

I'm actually questioning whether Diddy would be separate from the ND reveal or not.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
I'm actually questioning whether Diddy would be separate from the ND reveal or not.
Probably separate, i highly doubt they would waste a nintendo direct reveal on him, unless theres a trailer that shows more than one character but even then i think they like showcasing the newest revealed character on the front page so i cant see them throwing out a handful like that.

Anyway where does everyone keep getting that we are having a ND in february, are we just assuming since weve had some at a month by month basis or what? We usually dont know till a few days before anyway

D

Deleted member

Global NDs are bi-monthly.

February is the 2nd month after December.

Do the math. :p

Manny Toons

Smash Journeyman
...Yes.
Forms take just as much development time as an unrelated character, perhaps more when the balancing aspect comes into play.

This is why Sakurai lists Brawl as having 39 characters; he counts Sheik, Zero Suit Samus, and the Trainer's Pokémon individually.
Oh, there's no doubt that they do. But both the X and Y forms could definitely both be included if Sakurai were willing to put the effort into them. No newcomer needing to be sacrificed. That would only happen if there was a huge time constraint (which is most likely the case on the developers' ends). So with that being said, we'd be lucky to even see one form. I was just throwing out ideas. (Even though Mewtwo X is rather ****ty design-wise, imo)

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Hey man that's a low blow.
-eyeroll-

I find myself increasingly filled with the urge to distance myself from my fellow Fire Emblem fans simply because of how detestable I find their opinions.

And most people want to play as older Fire Emblem lords...
"People" being the minority. I don't think you realize how small the percentage that want to play as Roy and Lyn are compared to the rest of Smash's audience. Their chances are even smaller.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I'm thinking about moving over to Robin. But, I'm still worried that Roy is too requested, important, and missed to leave out. And most people want to play as older Fire Emblem lords...

but, then again...:rosalina:

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Global NDs range from a little under a month to about 2 months (as history shows), so we could get one as early as late January or later than February, due to standard deviation and what have you.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I'm thinking about moving over to Robin. But, I'm still worried that Roy is too requested, important, and missed to leave out. And most people want to play as older Fire Emblem lords...

but, then again...:rosalina:
If Sakurai's looking for uniqueness this time around, Robin's the best choice with his/her magic.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Oh, there's no doubt that they do. But both the X and Y forms could definitely both be included if Sakurai were willing to put the effort into them. No newcomer needing to be sacrificed. That would only happen if there was a huge time constraint (which is most likely the case on the developers' ends). So with that being said, we'd be lucky to even see one form. I was just throwing out ideas. (Even though Mewtwo X is rather ****ty design-wise, imo)
I don't think Mega Mewtwo will be anything more than the Y form as a Final Smash to pay tribute to Extreme Speed Genesect

If Sakurai's looking for uniqueness this time around, Robin's the best choice with his/her magic.
Relevance is good to. Not to mention, Robin may become a staple in Fire Emblem. Or at least the Avatar.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
-eyeroll-

I find myself increasingly filled with the urge to distance myself from my fellow Fire Emblem fans simply because of how detestable I find their opinions.
"People" being the minority. I don't think you realize how small the percentage that want to play as Roy and Lyn are compared to the rest of Smash's audience. Their chances are even smaller.
Wait, which characters/opinions don't you like? Legitimately curious.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
I'm completely indifferent to Ike (which makes people constantly fawning over him even more annoying), I don't like Radiant Dawn, I don't like Roy and I don't understand how people think he's important, I like Chrom, I like Lucina, I like Robin, and I like Awakening in general. It's my favorite Fire Emblem, and yes, I've played older ones.

Also, while I think Lyn is pretty cool, but I don't think she has a snowball's chance in hell.

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
Am I the only one that doesn't care at all which FE characters get picked, as long as they're unique? Marth is really the only one I feel needs to be there.

D

Deleted member

Given how Sakurai plans ahead, if he planned on giving Mewtwo both Megas, he would have planned on not having an undetermined pair of characters in their stead.
Not saying those two characters would get in if Mewtwo didn't use both Megas, but still. He sets these kind of limits each game.

That being said, I am expecting the Y Mega to show up in some form.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I'm completely indifferent to Ike (which makes people constantly fawning over him even more annoying), I don't like Radiant Dawn, I don't like Roy and I don't understand how people think he's important, I like Chrom, I like Lucina, I like Robin, and I like Awakening in general. It's my favorite Fire Emblem, and yes, I've played older ones.
Also, while I think Lyn is pretty cool, but I don't think she has a snowball's chance in hell.
To be honest, I'm new to the series, I've been playing Awakening for a month or so.

I like Ike. I loved Roy in Melee. I like Chrom okay too. But I absolutely love Lucina and Anna (of the potential Smash Candidates, anyway).
I really want a female FE character for SSB4 as the series has so many good ones. Lucina and Anna are my personal picks, Lyn and Micaiah are my bandwagon picks.

I agree about Roy. He's my Melee main, but he was included to promote an upcoming game, and nothing else.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I'd love it, but the almost inevitable Diddy Kong reveal next month inclines me to think otherwise. I know that every second Direct seems to be a big one, and the next big one is in February, but I don't see why a newcomer can't be announced in one of the lesser ones, say March. Rosalina was announced for Super Mario 3D World in one of the smaller Directs as the main attraction, I'm fairly certain they could do the same with a Smash newcomer. So yeah, I think a March newcomer is possible, maybe an April one too. We've gotta get at least one more newcomer before E3 though, I don't see us being kept waiting for yet another 6 months.
Assuming an actual newcomer will be revealed in, say, March, I would like it to be a Fire Emblem one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom