• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
I don't understand why people don't like Toon Link.
Toon Link is one of the most lovable video game characters there ever was.
Period.
Because i like link in general, i dont see a reason to split him in two based on art design and thus have to represent each portion from here on out.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Hey guys. Try to think of the worst Nintendo character to add in Smash 4. And I mean look real deep in yourself to find the worst choice.

Like adding of the baby versions of all the Mario characters. That'd be terrible.
I really think it would have to be Mii. Repetitive (with Villager and Game & Watch's movesets being composed of hammerspace items), visually unappealing, annoyingly voiced, usurpers of significant development time (with their weights/heights considered) who represent a departure from adding unique or fan-requested characters for the sake of appeasing the demographic amused by Hiitler and Piinises.

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
I don't understand why people don't like Toon Link.
Toon Link is one of the most lovable video game characters there ever was.
Period.
Because we already have Link, so why bother? I myself love Toon Link, even more than Link, but two Links just seems pointless. Especially when there are so many other Zelda characters they could add in instead who are far more unique, like Impa, Vaati, Skull Kid, or dare I say...Tingle.

Morbi

Scavenger
Pac-Man is a gaming icon.
Having him in Smash Bros would complete the Big 4: Mario, Sonic, Mega Man, and Pac-Man.
Limbs or not, he's Pac-Man.
I didn't know that Pac-Man was part of the "Big 4". I always assumed that he was the main character in an iconic game that wasn't comparable to characters like Mega Man, Sonic, and Mario... that was until Namco started co-developing Smash, that was when I realized that Pac-Man is one of those lovable gaming icons. People love the character of Pac-Man, there is just so much substance to him.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
As far as third parties go, Sonic and Mega Man feel perfect, Snake is my favorite and most anticipated veteran. Pac-Man wouldn't get me all excited but it would put a smile on my face, a true arcade classic. The only other third party I care about is Rayman, not terribly likely or even that wanted, but I hardly expect him anyway. Though with how Ubisoft has been supporting the Wii U, I could see a kind of Snake situation of sorts. I can dream anyway.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
But Toon Link IS unique.
Yes, you heard me right.
He may be a clone, but he plays so drastically different than Link that they are hardly the same character.
He's a lot more unique than clones such as Roy, who everyone seems to love for some reason.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I'd ragequit if Starfy was playable. I just can't stand that character.

Morbi

Scavenger
But Toon Link IS unique.
Yes, you heard me right.
He may be a clone, but he plays so drastically different than Link that they are hardly the same character.
He's a lot more unique than clones such as Roy, who everyone seems to love for some reason.
Did you forget about his FIRE SWORD?

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
But Toon Link IS unique.
Yes, you heard me right.
I'll agree with you there. Roy is nothing more than Fire Marth (at least in Smash Bros.), but that doesn't really make Toon Link any more unique.

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
A 3rd party character has never been inserted late before, not in recent memory. That would certainly be unprecedented. :awesome:
I honestly don't think Namco alone is enough to give Pac-Man a last minute slot. Sonic had a gigantic following, and I just don't see that for Pac-Man.

I highly doubt that, kid Icarus was fresh off the shelves so I doubt anything was decided before Namco was involved. That's why they were involved in the first place, to help sakurai with the game development.
Namco was to help with game balance. I doubt Namco had anything to do with the roster. Sakurai knew he was gonna make Smash Bros next. Don't you think he would at least come up with some ideas during KI:U's development?

Louie G.

Smash Hero
How do you guys know that Pac-Man wasn't planned once Namco decided to work on the game?
I know that Sakurai said that Namco doesn't get any special treatment, but Pac-Man has his own merits to begin with.

Morbi

Scavenger
I honestly don't think Namco alone is enough to give Pac-Man a last minute slot. Sonic had a gigantic following, and I just don't see that for Pac-Man.

Namco was to help with game balance. I doubt Namco had anything to do with the roster. Sakurai knew he was gonna make Smash Bros next. Don't you think he would at least come up with some ideas during KI:U's development?
I forgot about the huge following that Snake had too. Silly me. :awesome:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Honestly, I wouldn't consider Pac-Man likely if it wasn't for the fact that Pac-Man is an iconic character and Sakurai is literally living next to Namco's headquarters and working with them daily. I think that Sakurai will have really missed a great opportunity if Pac-Man is not in the game.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Considering the factor of Namco being the reason we'll get a character is thrown out the window, you'll instead have to look into the actual qualities of the characters instead.

Which is where Pac-Man falls flat incredibly hard.

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
I forgot about the huge following that Snake had too. Silly me. :awesome:
Snake wasn't a last minute addition. From what I recall, he was planned from the start. He would of been in Melee but Kojima asked too late. I would assume Kojma asked pretty early in Brawl's planning.

Morbi

Scavenger
Wait wait, can we go over again why Pacman is a good choice?
Who doesn't know that Pac-Man fellow? He catches more ghosts than the Ghost Busters. I mean, really, he has a great diet consisting of mostly fruit. It all comes down to his fighting game relevance though, he was phenomenal in Tekken X Street Fighter.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Snake wasn't a last minute addition. From what I recall, he was planned from the start. He would of been in Melee but Kojima asked too late. I would assume Kojma asked pretty early in Brawl's planning.
Kojima asked for him in Melee, actually, it was too far along though. So Snake was indeed there at the start of Brawl, he was in the very first trailer even.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom