• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
Hello, everyone! There is something I'd like to bring up today!

Keep in mind Roy and Mewtwo technically count as new additions while I present this:

Okay, so Brawl had a total of 18 New Characters (this includes Toon Link, ZS Samus, Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard). Assuming there are no more characters with others within them (EX: Sheik, Pokemon Trainer) A 45 character roster would feature 10 new characters total. A 48 character roster would feature 13 new characters total, and a 50 character roster would feature 15 new characters Total. And finally a 53 Character Roster would match Brawl as 18 new characters total.

Which roster amount is more likely and why?
it just seems like a likelier option than the others

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
Because everyone has already done it....
No Mii: THANK GOD
No Takamaru: aww man...
No Ridley: cant say im surprised...but kinda sad
No K.Rool: oh well didn't see it happening anyways
No Palutena: do not care
No Isaac: damn..=(
No lil Mac: NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU D=<
also eww to the baby Mario and Yoshi pairing. like smash needs baby Mario..ugh

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Cuts doesn't necessarily mean removing characters from the last installment. Removing anyone from Brawl would be insane.
Well removing Toon Link wouldn't be insane. But he came back anyway, with no new unique attacks so far. Though everyone else can stay.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Okay, so obviously I think Ridley is most likely gonna be a stage hazard, but I'll add him just in case since I'm making a 48 character roster to be more realistic (contrary to me making a 45 roster to achieve the same thing before I realized how many characters Brawl had). So I added the 3 characters I'm skeptical about lately, anyway: Palutena, Ridley, and Mii.

This will give more characters to pre-existing IPs and a new character to a pre-existing IP that hasn't gotten one yet, as it should be in Smash. I feel with the exception of my doubts on some characters, this is much more realistic.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
My favorite arbitrary number. I feel that if 40 was his ideal number, he wouldn't go more than ten characters over. That would be a 25% increase in the roster which doesn't seem realistic to me. Just an assumption on my part.
I see. I was just making sure that it wasn't a typo on your part and that I was fully understanding you.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Hey guys. Try to think of the worst Nintendo character to add in Smash 4. And I mean look real deep in yourself to find the worst choice.

Like adding of the baby versions of all the Mario characters. That'd be terrible.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
Okay, so obviously I think Ridley is most likely gonna be a stage hazard, but I'll add him just in case since I'm making a 48 character roster to be more realistic (contrary to me making a 45 roster to achieve the same thing before I realized how many characters Brawl had). So I added the 3 characters I'm skeptical about lately, anyway: Palutena, Ridley, and Mii.

This will give more characters to pre-existing IPs and a new character to a pre-existing IP that hasn't gotten one yet, as it should be in Smash. I feel with the exception of my doubts on some characters, this is much more realistic.

I like it,
though I question why vaati is there

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Hi guys, I'm back. I just finished beating Brawl's All-Star mode with every character. In doing so, I've come to appreciate the more divisive characters in the roster, like Wolf and Lucas, and how "complete" of game Brawl is in general. I really hope no one gets cut for new characters, as it would feel like there's a hole where the old character once was, rather than something better.

tl;dr We Like Ike Chrom Sucks

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
Hey guys. Try to think of the worst Nintendo character to add in Smash 4. And I mean look real deep in yourself to find the worst choice.

Like adding of the baby versions of all the Mario characters. That'd be terrible.
Agitha from Twilight Princess.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

(I sense hate towards a floating head)
I don't really hate any Nintendo character out there but if I had to choose, a character from the Mystery Case Files series, the most forgettable series IMO.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I understand,
though I think he'll choose someone more noticeable than vaati...
Maybe, but so far Vaati is the only one left with an important role and a feasible move set. The only other well known character that would really work is maybe Tingle assuming he doesn't want to have Toon Zelda/Tetra.

There WAS a Four Swords for DSi Ware though... :/

Morbi

Scavenger
Hi guys, I'm back. I just finished beating Brawl's All-Star mode with every character. In doing so, I've come to appreciate the more divisive characters in the roster, like Wolf and Lucas, and how "complete" of game Brawl is in general. I really hope no one gets cut for new characters, as it would feel like there's a hole where the old character once was, rather than something better.

I believe that cuts are necessary evil, as such, it doesn't really matter who he cuts to me. He can cut all my mains and I will remain content... progress for the sake of progress (Umbridge would labor a disdain for my heresy).

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845

Unpopular opinion here, but I would not be surprised if the Pokemon Trainer or Ike was cut for another character. Pokemon Trainer simply because he's three characters in one and Ike because IS might request that Sakurai not include a character which they are no longer really using. I think it's more likely that Ike will stay, for sure, but I think he's more likely to get cut than a lot of people here think.

Nintendo characters only.

and I don't like you.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Nurse Paper Baby Daisy in her sports outfit.

In all seriousness, Navi, or any of the fairies from Zelda would be........urgh........

And what about Kaepora Gaebora? Actually, I'd find a Final Smash involving characters dying of boredom from listening to a long lecture repeatedly thanks to Kaepora Gaebora's "Do you want me to repeat what I just said?" question quite amusing.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Hey, I asked people on Miiverse who their favorite newcomer is, and some people are actually giving me good answers!
There is hope for Miiverse after all!

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I understand,
though I think he'll choose someone more noticeable than vaati...
More noticeable than Vaati, hm? I can think of someone ;)

Tingle, but that's an opinion.

The notion that adding Nintendog or Pacman to SSB4 would suck is fact.

I believe that cuts are necessary evil, as such, it doesn't really matter who he cuts to me. He can cut all my mains and I will remain content... progress for the sake of progress (Umbridge would labor a disdain for my heresy).
You really are morbid.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Sometimes Sakurai does what's right and makes sense whether you like it or not. That's why we have Toon Link. Greed and whining doesn't stop him from adding what's necessary, even if you hate enough to convince yourselves that it's anything, but necessary.

Every roster has to have 100 unique characters with no affiliation to others regardless of their importance otherwise it's considered ********. Not having a single incarnation character, let alone not having the child Link is ********.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I don't understand why people don't like Toon Link.
Toon Link is one of the most lovable video game characters there ever was.
Period.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Pac-Man is a gaming icon.
Having him in Smash Bros would complete the Big 4: Mario, Sonic, Mega Man, and Pac-Man.
Limbs or not, he's Pac-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom