• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
That short consumed me with an imminent fear for humanity. The sadistic nature of a persistent torture inflicted on Pete was met with laughter, it is honestly repugnant. Frozen was great, but the audience disturbed me. There was no reaction when the child ate Sven's used carrot, but everyone thought it was grotesque when he did it after a lifelong friendship. That movie taught me things about the general populace.

It was also great in the box office, I cannot believe that it almost overtook "Smaug" in its 6th week. It was certainly one of my favorite Disney movies. Powerful females roles that weren't forced, relevant morals applicable to a modern era. It was spectacular. Just wanted to share my thoughts on it.
Hearing everyone else talk about Frozen frustrates me as I have yet to see it. Also, hi, MorbidAltruism!

Morbi

Scavenger
Hearing everyone else talk about Frozen frustrates me as I have yet to see it. Also, hi, MorbidAltruism!
Hi, it feels weird to be back. The new format is kind of trippy. I guess I didn't miss much though as Sakurai is taking his break. I did miss members asserting that Phantom was an assist trophy, that is my greatest regret. I wanted to stay and laugh... tragic.

I would apologize about talking about Frozen, but it has been out for 6 weeks now. So you'll get no sympathy from me :ike:!

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
That short consumed me with an imminent fear for humanity. The sadistic nature of a persistent torture inflicted on Pete was met with laughter, it is honestly repugnant. Frozen was great, but the audience disturbed me. There was no reaction when the child ate Sven's used carrot, but everyone thought it was grotesque when he did it after a lifelong friendship. That movie taught me things about the general populace.

It was also great in the box office, I cannot believe that it almost overtook "Smaug" in its 6th week. It was certainly one of my favorite Disney movies. Powerful females roles that weren't forced, relevant morals applicable to a modern era. It was spectacular. Just wanted to share my thoughts on it.
Hey Morbid. Didn't notice that it was you. I'm used to the Vin Diesel avatar of yours.

Anyone has a good topic? Maybe something about Metroid. Or what changes Olimar could have.

Morbi

Scavenger
Hey Morbid. Didn't notice that it was you. I'm used to the Vin Diesel avatar of yours.
Yes, I really miss the Diesel, I got into the controversial spirit, after that I got in the Christmas spirit, and after that ... the Kate Beckinsale spirit. I should probably change it back soon.

Anyways, Smash talk... Smash talk... well Mewtwo is going to return. :awesome:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I won't spoil anything for you.

*Pssst... Mufasa dies*
NO! Simba was my favorite character!

Hi, it feels weird to be back. The new format is kind of trippy. I guess I didn't miss much though as Sakurai is taking his break. I did miss members asserting that Phantom was an assist trophy, that is my greatest regret. I wanted to stay and laugh... tragic.

I would apologize about talking about Frozen, but it has been out for 6 weeks now. So you'll get no sympathy from me :ike:!
Actually, I'm new here. I was just pointing out that l've never been on the same thread as you.

Okay, back to Smash 4!

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Yes, I really miss the Diesel, I got into the controversial spirit, after that I got in the Christmas spirit, and after that ... the Kate Beckinsale spirit. I should probably change it back soon.

Anyways, Smash talk... Smash talk... well Mewtwo is going to return. :awesome:
Heh. I know what you mean. I might go back to a Spider-Man avatar. But for now, I'm going for a Gohan one.

Mewtwo? What should his Final Smash be? Psycho Cut?

Morbi

Scavenger
Heh. I know what you mean. I might go back to a Spider-Man avatar. But for now, I'm going for a Gohan one.

Mewtwo? What should his Final Smash be? Psycho Cut?
His final smash would entail that he comes out of the closet to admit that he is a female, after that, he would become Mega Femtwo Y.

In all seriousness, I want him to hurl a herd of Tauros at the other players.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
This is a random question I want to share, what would be your reaction to a Baby Mario + Yoshi duo?
Some serious surprise.

I don't think Sakurai would change one of the original SSB characters so drastically.

The Stork's a cool idea if he wants to incorporate the babies somehow, but I'm not sure if Sakurai has thought about it.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I know I'm late on this, but:

No Mii: HELL YEAH!

No Takamaru: Meh.

No Ridley: I'd be upset and disappointed. I wouldn't be seriously angry though. I'd probably get over it pretty quickly, though I'd still be upset because a countless toobiggers/toobigots will become total ***holes and continue to insist they were right no matter what.

No Pac-Man: Couldn't care less about him not being in.

No K. Rool: I'd be rather upset, though less so if we at least get Dixie.

No Palutena: Ah well.

No Isaac: Don't know enough about his franchise to care very much about him missing out.

No Little Mac: Upsetting. Everything I know is a lie.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
This is a random question I want to share, what would be your reaction to a Baby Mario + Yoshi duo?
Hold on. Here we go, I found it.

I made sure to get the 10 minute version to get the point across.

Seriously, Yoshi just needs tweaks. But his moveset is good.

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
As in just having Baby Mario incorporated in to Yoshi's moveset? Because if that's what you're saying, then I'd be pretty happy with it, as long as the Baby's don't become an overly essential part of his moveset like Olimar's pikmin, or Rosalina's Luma.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
What's with all the negative responses? I'll admit Yoshi isn't bad, but BM is probably the most important thing in the Yoshi's Island series. Incorporating him into a moveset wouldn't be too hard, and Yoshi would barely have to change.

Morbi

Scavenger
I know I'm late on this, but:

No Mii: HELL YEAH!

No Takamaru: Meh.

No Ridley: I'd be upset and disappointed. I wouldn't be seriously angry though. I'd probably get over it pretty quickly, though I'd still be upset because a countless toobiggers/toobigots will become total ***holes and continue to insist they were right no matter what.

No Pac-Man: Couldn't care less about him not being in.

No K. Rool: I'd be rather upset, though less so if we at least get Dixie.

No Palutena: Ah well.

No Isaac: Don't know enough about his franchise to care very much about him missing out.

No Little Mac: Upsetting. Everything I know is a lie.
Sorry, I am just responding to you to reference the options.

No Mii: This would be a delightful surprise, I have come to accept the notion of Miis in Smash. I do not think that it will be inherently bad as many insinuate. What would be more fun than having an epic duel between Hitler and Jesus? Nothing. The roster would maintain a more professional tone without them though, that is much more ideal.

No Takamaru: I have no problem with this, he doesn't pertain to my interests and I prefer to keep exclusive characters out of the game as much as possible. There are better choices that are popular in more than one region.

No Ridly: Doesn't matter, I am not necessarily expecting him.

No K. Rool: Same as Ridley.

No Palutena: This would be a detriment to the roster in my opinion. Hopefully a suitable Kid Icarus representative would still make it in the game if she didn't. I feel as though the series has a great chance to introduce a new character. Palutena is actually one of my personal requests.

No Isaac: I do not know much about him either.

No Little Mac: I would probably commit suicide (not really though).

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I'd not really like it, considering it restricts Yoshi to a representative of the Island games when his character is so much more than that. Granted, because I don't play Yoshi, I wouldn't hate it like I would if Diddy turned into a duo character...unless, of course, Baby Mario's shrill crying accompanied him into the game.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Hello, everyone! There is something I'd like to bring up today!

Keep in mind Roy and Mewtwo technically count as new additions while I present this:

Okay, so Brawl had a total of 18 New Characters (this includes Toon Link, ZS Samus, Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard). Assuming there are no more characters with others within them (EX: Sheik, Pokemon Trainer) A 45 character roster would feature 10 new characters total. A 48 character roster would feature 13 new characters total, and a 50 character roster would feature 15 new characters Total. And finally a 53 Character Roster would match Brawl as 18 new characters total.

Which roster amount is more likely and why?

Morbi

Scavenger

Keep in mind Roy and Mewtwo technically count as new additions while I present this:

Okay, so Brawl had a total of 18 New Characters (this includes Toon Link, ZS Samus, Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard). Assuming there are no more characters with others within them (EX: Sheik, Pokemon Trainer) A 45 character roster would feature 10 new characters total. A 48 character roster would feature 13 new characters total, and a 50 character roster would feature 15 new characters Total. And finally a 53 Character Roster would match Brawl as 18 new characters total.

I will always speculate on the least possible amount of new additions as Sakurai introduced us to the notion that the roster is feasible at 40.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team

48, because we are getting a few less newcomers this time around.

Morbi

Scavenger
So 5 newcomers? Then there would only be one left.
That isn't taking cuts into account; however, I see your point. Despite Sakurai actually stating that the roster was feasible at 40, he would be foolish to not include more characters. So that is what he is going to do. Out of your options, the 48 one seems plausible. I believe that we are going to get "capped" at 50. So anything under that (50) is a rational opinion from my perspective.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
That isn't taking cuts into account; however, I see your point. Despite Sakurai actually stating that the roster was feasible at 40, he would be foolish to not include more characters. So that is what he is going to do. Out of your options, the 48 one seems plausible. I believe that we are going to get "capped" at 50. So anything under that (50) is a rational opinion from my perspective.
What about exactly at 50?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom