• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbi

Scavenger
Why would Brawl characters be higher priority than Assist Trophies and then suddenly not be? Because they got one extra game since then? That doesn't make any sense.
Well, for instance, if you cut Snake for Little Mac, that would be reasonable. It would also tend to make sense. That is why it depends.

I am not necessarily stating that it makes sense to cut Lucas and add Isaac.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I don't think he'll specifically think of ATs when it comes to newcomer decisions.
I didn't say he would. He looked at Issac and Little Mac as characters and decided they weren't as important as the ones he chose. What has changed their priority?

Morbi

Scavenger
Why? What has changed to make that suddenly likely to happen? Metal Gear has gone way past Punch-Out since Brawl and Snake still has merits over him.
I don't know if you are aware of this notion... but Snake happens to be a 3rd party character. I know, it was a real shock when I learned that he wasn't really Nintendo.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I didn't say he would. He looked at Issac and Little Mac as characters and decided they weren't as important as the ones he chose. What has changed their priority?
Punch Out Wii.
Seriously, that's enough to make Sakurai consider Little Mac as a serious contender.
His series got a reboot. It was once dead but now it's back, alive and kicking.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I don't know if you are aware of this notion... but Snake happens to be a 3rd party character. I know, it was a real shock when I learned that he wasn't really Nintendo.
He was third party in Brawl too. So was Sonic. Again I ask you: What has changed?

Yup, it was simply Kojima's request Saturn. :troll:
Oh, great. Here comes the "It was a request that Sakurai accepted blindly so he doesn't care about Snake anymore."

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Honestly, no matter how well-received Snake was, he shouldn't be prioritized over deserving Nintendo characters.
Metal Gear has had Snake Eater 3D since Brawl. That's about it.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Honestly, no matter how well-received Snake was, he shouldn't be prioritized over deserving Nintendo characters.
Sakurai doesn't care who YOU think should be prioritized over whom. What kind of basis is that? It doesn't matter is Snake isn't Nintendo because clearly Sakurai didn't care.

Hey, cool.
I wish that game was coming out for a Nintendo console.
He didn't care in Brawl and he's not gonna care now.

Jeez, I didn't know this would turn into a stupid argument about people basing Sakurai's criteria and priority on their own personal opinions which contradict him.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
Sakurai doesn't care who YOU think should be prioritized over whom. What kind of basis is that? It doesn't matter is Snake isn't Nintendo because clearly Sakurai didn't care.

He didn't care in Brawl and he's not gonna care now.

Jeez, I didn't know this would turn into a stupid argument about people basing Sakurai's criteria and priority on their own personal opinions which contradict him.
Hide yo wants, Hide yo Shoo-Ins

Sakurai gonna b surprising errebody in da hood tonight wit dem reveals, boi!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom