• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Well, since you ruined the loophole, I'll pick Lucas.
Make him an alt to Ness. :troll:

NEW LOOPHOLE

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Kid Icarus. Speaking of...

And I've been reminded that no search engine is safe anymore.

How about Viridi?
Depends what how you look at newcomers I suppose.
I tend to look at possible character inclusions in an "importance in their series" kind of way. This is where I think that Viridi falls flat and is why I personally don't want her in the game if I were to choose between her and Pale Tuna.
From a gameplay perspective, well, this is what she has going for her. Since she's pretty much a blank slate. Sure, she has a general theme, but specific attacks and playstyle is more-so what I'm talking about. A semi-clone of Palutena? I say nay! And her final smash will involve her nails that can apparently "eviscerate the entire core of the earth!" :awesome:
Though she is one of my favorite characters from anything so maybe I'm just being biased!
Course, those are just reasons to want/not want her included. Is she likely? Eeeeh, I'll let other people handle that.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Those characters were fan favorites? Funny, all of the people claiming Sakurai doesn't care about what the fans want had me convinced otherwise.
Between Melee and Brawl's selection (ignoring Melee's last minute clones), around half of the newcomers were fan wanted characters.

Hopefully that happens this time as well.

D

Deleted member

Pichu's got some BIG competition....that is ironically smaller than it.

Richard Nixon

Smash Apprentice
uh. . . must get this thread back on track . . .uhh . . .um . . .so . . . anybody thinking about pichu's fate? (ya i have nothing)
Pray for DLC.

If Porky were to be added in the game and had to replace a Mother character, who would you replace? Ness or Lucas?
Realistically, it'd be Lucas. There's no way they'd cut out Earthbound representation in favor of Japan-only Mother 3... If it were up to me, though, it'd be Ness I guess. As much as I love the guy, Lucas is my main and Porky's my most wanted newcomer.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
It really is, it's balanced real nice, except for Giga Bowser, but that is understandable. You can have Mewtwo and Roy fight against the Brawl Newcomers, Alt. Costumes, Melee Stages, what more is there to love.

Danial

Smash Rookie
Hey guys check out my Top 5 list for smash bros 4: <removed link>

Last edited by a moderator:

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
Let's get back to the topics at hand before this gets worse and all.
I'm proposing we talk about the importance of Retros now.

Personally, I really don't see Retros as too important: Keeping ROB and G+W while adding one or two like Takamaru is what I'll have. I don't like to see rosters plagued with Retros when a lot of them don't make sense.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Let's get back to the topics at hand before this gets worse and o

Personally, I really don't see Retros as too important: Keeping ROB and G+W while adding one or two like Takamaru is what I'll have. I don't like to see rosters plagued with Retros when a lot of them don't make sense.
Agreed, Takamaru is all were gonna get.

Inb4 Bluepikmin says nope nope nope.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Let's get back to the topics at hand before this gets worse and all.

Those two were their games' shock characters, not retros. Pit and the Ice Climbers are more comparable to Takamaru. Though I agree with what you're saying in principle.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer

Honestly, Many people end up complaining about not enough Retros. They are old members of an old series. It shouldn't have the insane dominance over a big series like Kirby or DK for slots.
Does Little Mac count as a retro or no? Since there is Punch Out for the Wii.
Little Mac was Retro Pre-Brawl: The Reboot makes him a modern character now.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

You never know how many old franchises he'll revive through character representation (or by AT means or stages) as he is doing his best to revive them, so the roster may have more retros than we think. Honestly with not much important characters left from veteran franchises, they could have 1/5 of the newcomers contain retros.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
You never know how many old franchises he'll revive through character representation (or by AT means or stages) as he is doing his best to revive them, so the roster may have more retros than we think. Honestly with not much important characters left from veteran franchises, they could have 1/5 of the newcomers contain retros.
The problem is that some franchises still have some giant voids to fill. Donkey Kong is a key example, as is Fire Emblem (That series just grows and grows.) Kirby is a debatable one, I argue yes. By Smash 5, the way it's going Bandana Dee is becoming a rather important character. He's different from Blue Toad in the manner that he's got more differences than a different color palette.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
I think.... he'll just revive one, just like he did with pit. Retros are not more important than boneafied star characters. People would prefer King K Rool over a sable, and would provide more hype than a retro. I mean discovering that the king of kremlins is back is a promotion, and would have many people interested in the DK franchise again (if they weren't already).

I liked your blue anna better btw, the sable creeps me out.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I'd get Project M, but Homebrew ****s up my Wii U. Maybe I'll buy a Wii someday just for Homebrewing.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
I think.... he'll just revive one, just like he did with pit. Retros are not more important than boneafied star characters. People would prefer King K Rool over a sable, and would provide more hype than a retro. I mean discovering that the king of kremlins is back is a promotion, and would have many people interested in the DK franchise again (if they weren't already).
...Wait, K Rool is a Retro now?!

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'd get Project M, but Homebrew ****s up my Wii U. Maybe I'll buy a Wii someday just for Homebrewing.
Or you could just use the hackless version.

No need for homebrew.

So... Let's talk about Ray Mk III! Thoughts?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I don't know much about most possible retro newcomers, but from what I do know Takamaru has a better chance that most others.

And yeah, there is no way in all of hell most of the newcomers will be retros.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

I liked your blue anna better btw, the sable creeps me out.
But the people won't really affect Sakurai's decisions on the roster. If you give these kinds of characters the chance, you might find yourself liking the characters like with Wii Fit Trainer, who would have gotten backlash back at pre-E3.
I'm with this avatar for now because of a certain rivalry with a muddy mole.

The problem is that some franchises still have some giant voids to fill. Donkey Kong is a key example, as is Fire Emblem (That series just grows and grows.) Kirby is a debatable one, I argue yes. By Smash 5, the way it's going Bandana Dee is becoming a rather important character. He's different from Blue Toad in the manner that he's got more differences than a different color palette.
Not all holes will be filled in the roster, it may not even be the goal for the roster.

I don't know much about most possible retro newcomers, but from what I do know Takamaru has a better chance that most others.

Who said that the roster will be filled with retros? I only expect 1-4.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
...watchoo talkin' bout!?
PM doesn't require hacking.

All you need is a 2gb SD card.

Kirby.

There i'm on topic.

But the people won't really affect Sakurai's decisions on the roster. If you give these kinds of characters the chance, you might find yourself liking the characters like with Wii Fit Trainer, who would have gotten backlash back at pre-E3.
I'm with this avatar for now because of a certain rivalry with a muddy mole.

Not all holes will be filled in the roster, it may not even be the goal for the roster.
Why would sakurai pick 7 retro characters? over all stars?

D

Deleted member

On the topic of "Retros" Sakurai seems to consider Dr. Mario among them, if Brawl's music data is to be taken at face value.
If what cednym said about Melee's development holds true, that adds fuel to that fire.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
What do you guys think about the chances of getting 2 retros?

Also, has anybody tested PM on Wii U?
I still think it'll be 1, there are still all star characters left to pick, smash 6 however.....

Yes people tested it and it works, check out the PM threads, venture out of your comfort zone lol, you'll need an adapter if you want GC controllers though, but classic pro is an option.

Sorry blue I misquoted you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom