• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Chrom's moveset doesn't have to be a clone of Marth's. When Chrom advances to Great Lord he gets the ability to use Lances. You could make a few lance moves. Chrom also gets a Shield, you can add things like reflect and block. He also has a different dancing blade style. His is a lot slower but it's also very clea in style. You could even make him more unique by giving him a partner such as Lucina, you can do combo moves, start one move and finish it with the other.
I think Chrom will end up staying as a regular lord seeing how Ike in Brawl is using the ranger class, the first class Ike is in.

?????????????

Smash Master
Ghirahim just reminds me way too much of Zant back in Brawl speculation days. What makes Ghirahim any more significant than Zant or any other non-Ganon villain?

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
4 DK and 4 Fire Emblem reps would really solve some problems around here. Furthermore, these series have so much history that they are worthy of that many characters.
I like the idea of 4 Fire Emblem slots, but would it be necessary for this Smash?

TopTierPichu

Smash Ace
This is Kirby, not Mario. Besides, at least Rosalina has had more importance in a game than being a mid-boss and a character in a mini-game, she a main part of Super Mario Galaxy, and while not playable, she's very important to the plot and the game itself wouldn't be possible without her. Also, why the hell are we comparing a cosmic entity to a a monkey wearing a bandana?

Zero Suit Samus is is still Samus, and does not qualify as the second Metroid character. Also, this topic is a joke.
but bandanna dee was playable and a main character of return to dreamland

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I dunno. I just came to like Impa and Vaati more.
...For shame!

Yeah, I'm kidding, but seriously those two are like the basis of every anti-Ghirahim argument ever. But I don't care. As my status currently says, I wont budge until he is de/confirmed, for better or worse.
This character is all I have to talk about right now as I don't have an opinion on Fire Emblem or Donkey Kong characters.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Ghirahim just reminds me way too much of Zant back in Brawl speculation days. What makes Ghirahim any more significant than Zant or any other non-Ganon villain?
As far as I'm concered, nothing. Both him and Zant can be fun to play in a fighting game though. But they aren't important to Nintendo as a whole. Hell, no Zelda character really needed other than Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, and to Sakurai, a Younger Link.

Even if I like Vaati, he ain't that important. More of a pipe dream if you ask me.

I guess in the lore of Zelda, Ghirahim is important, more so than Zant anyway. But that has nothing to do in Smash.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I never said stage hazard, first of all. I just said part of the background, like in 64. I just discussed how I felt in reply to pizzadudeman, so it's just a hunch I have, nothing more.

Second, as much as I agree with you that Metroid truly only has one rep, it's Sakurai's word. There are two reps in his eyes, which means there are two reps in the game, so saying otherwise is a joke.
So you think he'll be demoted to just a background character, even after his roles have only improved with each title? That's just insulting.

Bandanna Dee sucks how...? And yet Shulk is a great choice...?
Are these really questions?

?????????????

Smash Master
On Fire Emblem getting more reps, I do believe that Awakening in itself was a big enough game and milestone to the franchise (by far) to warrant a character from it, very deserving in my opinion, and very sensical.

On Bandana Dee, at this point, I do believe it is something akin to Rosalina; unnecessary in the grand scheme, but rising as a staple character to the franchise that offers new material to SSB.

I do not particularly advocate for Bandana Dee, but I do think it makes sense as Kirby's 4th Smash character, should it receive one.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Marth
Roy
Ike
Fire Emblem Awakening rep

It's beautiful.
Wait, ROY?!?! Allow me to go throw up in the corner.
So you think he'll be demoted to just a background character, even after his roles have only improved with each title? That's just insulting.

Are these really questions?
Yes, they are. Now answer them.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I don't understand why anyone is even putting the DK series in the same sentence as Fire Emblem. Right away, you have way more people hoping for "Donkey Kong Rep" to be the series' newcomer, whereas a handful have started actively hoping for nothing new from Fire Emblem out of sheer disgust for its stigma.

What's more, S. Jones mentioned this, but we need to be looking at the newcomer candidates in terms of what their status was in early to mid-2012, not now. With that in mind, K. Rool sticks way further out as the popular choice; he monopolized fan support within the DK series at the time, with only the occasional mention of "don't forget Dixie exists also," and not a (serious) one of Cranky. Had Tropical Freeze been an earlier release, this would all have been entirely different, and the "Meta Knight and Dedede" comparison might have been appropriate.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
but bandanna dee was playable and a main character of return to dreamland
He was a playable character so there could be four player multiplayer.

Says the guy who put Isabelle in his rosters.
Again, people ask for unique choices, get called out for picking something people didn't think made sense, the mentality of people these days are so flip-flopped it's hard to take seriously. Besides, mine was a joke, what say your choices?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So here's a new topic, who would you rather have for a newcomer, a spear user or a trident user?
They'll do the same thing more or less. A really long weapon focused on pokes. If we're talking specific characters. Bandanna Dee, Krystal, Beast Ganon or Chrom with a lance are probably the popular choices. Mostly the former two. Anyone else from Nintendo that uses a spear, and is worth using?

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I don't know, maybe. Maybe he'll be a background and a boss fight, who knows? All I'm saying is that I (myself, first-person, me) believe that it is leaning towards background character than playable. But Sakurai has done this before with that Galaxy picture in September, so I don't know. Ridley's plausible, but I'm lowering my expectations, and will prepare myself for the worst, because frnakly that's all we can really do for this game or else we'll be disappointed with the final product since it doesn't match our preconceived visions and ideals of a perfect roster.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Another comment from my subscriber that hates Mewtwo:

"Still he was cut he will be cut Forever. First gen is way long past Mewtwo is not going to be in ssb4 unless they have a FireRed2 and a LeafGreen2 which will most likely never happen it doesn't matter if he is popular because he was already cut so it will be a staple that he was cut. I would be pointless to have a character in 2 games but not the one between and he is losing relevance actually because 1st gen is way long past again. Having both Mewtwo and Lucario is like having more clones. It doesn't matter if Hawlucha and Pangoro are popular or relevant because Rosalina is not popular. You also seem to be major over representation the mega evolutions which is way too new unless they are really planning a future out of mega evolutions. You have 4 1st gen reps and 1 4th gen rep but no 6th gen rep"
Did you smack this guy? He deserves to be smacked on so many levels.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
While I do agree that Ganon is the most important Zelda character yet to be added, he's already Ganondorf's Final Smash.

Impa is still more likely to happen.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
As far as I'm concered, nothing. Both him and Zant can be fun to play in a fighting game though. But they aren't important to Nintendo as a whole. Hell, no Zelda character really needed other than Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, and to Sakurai, a Younger Link.

Even if I like Vaati, he ain't that important. More of a pipe dream if you ask me.

I guess in the lore of Zelda, Ghirahim is important, more so than Zant anyway. But that has nothing to do in Smash.
Ghirahim, indeed, is not important to the franchise. But he's more comparable to Midna than Zant. And like I said before, just because Sakurai chose mainstays for one game doesn't mean he'll do it again. I could get lucky, and get my character. I want to clarify why I think he could make it using Rosalina as an example:

Rosalina was originally purposed for just Super Mario Galaxy. But she was well received, and soon she got into Mario Kart, then Super Mario 3D World, and eventually Smash Bros. I loved Rosalina ever since SMG, so naturally, all of this thrilled me.

Why do I think Debbie could get the same treatment? Because he has potential. There could be a prequel to Skyward Sword. Ghirahim could be in the new Hyrule Warriors game. Are those good reasons to include him in Smash Bros? No, probably not. But I think it would be a waste of a character, just like Midna.

Okay, I'm done. I'll shut up now >.<

Edit: Sorry, too late

Forcerounds

Smash Journeyman
Wait, ROY?!?! Allow me to go throw up in the corner.
I don't totally get why Roy is supported either, but he's popular for some reason. In addition, I think he can be de-cloned based on his battle animations in FE6. So I included him in the list to make people happy.

?????????????

Smash Master
No character is a shoe-in. Mewtwo was already removed before. Ridley's had opportunities to be playable, and was instead made a boss. Little Mac was already an assist trophy, and we have yet to see an assist trophy character become playable.

I won't worry about what's a shoe-in or not for my own roster, because anything could or could not happen.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
While I do agree that Ganon is the most important Zelda character yet to be added, he's already Ganondorf's Final Smash.

Impa is still more likely to happen.
...We're on Ridley, Kirby, DK, and Fire Emblem.

Quite honestly, I don't even want to think about the Zelda cast right now.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
He was a playable character so there could be four player multiplayer.

Again, people ask for unique choices, get called out for picking something people didn't think, the mentality of people these days are so flip-flopped it's hard to take seriously. Besides, mine was a joke, what say your choices?
Nothing too wrong with that. You could have brought back a few Kirby characters, like Gooey. But they didn't. He showed up a few times before, so it's not like Blue/Yellow Toad, who showed up from a lack of creativity.

?????????????

Smash Master
What is there against another KI rep?
Mother is a small series as well, and got 2 reps.
Honestly I think that KI has more merits than Mother at this point.
In my opinion, the difference between MOTHER and Kid Icarus as far as character representation goes is representation for the games themselves. Between Melee and Brawl, MOTHER 3 was released, which was a big game, so it makes sense to add Lucas since Ness isn't a part of MOTHER 3. However, Kid Icarus Uprising still focuses on Pit, so it isn't as necessary to add a new KI character. Yes, there's characters to add; it doesn't have anything to do with either being small. But it isn't as comparable to MOTHER's situation. This is also why I think something from Awakening is more likely than Roy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom