• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
No, it's pretty much just Rosalina and recency. Otherwise you're suggesting that a stick (which he's always had) is considered "Potential".

POTENTIAL...
Like seriously. Have you played Awakening? The Avatar is pretty much as set of a character as any other in the game, with distinct, unchanging dialogue and abilities, like EVERY Fire Emblem character. The only thing that changes are looks and name. The Villager is WORLDS more of a "bland avatar" than Robin.
You know what? You're right. I have not completed Awakening nor am I very far into the game at all.
Although the idea still doesn't interest me.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
Characters are often looked down for being clones/semi-clones, but it is actually an advantage for a character. Dixie can make it in as a Diddy clone, but she does have plenty to things to separate her from Diddy, which will likely happen given how Sakurai is taking time to flesh out newcomers.
I have problems with straight up clones. Semi-Clones are all good in my book, however. :chuckle:

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Characters are often looked down for being clones/semi-clones, but it is actually an advantage for a character. Dixie can make it in as a Diddy clone, but she does have plenty to things to separate her from Diddy, which will likely happen given how Sakurai is taking time to flesh out newcomers.
Honestly, when it comes to K. Rool and Dixie, I want K. Rool more, but find Dixie more likely, just from a hunch. However, if one does take that "uniqueness" thing to heart, K. Rool can easily beat out Dixie. We'd just have to wait and see (though I think Dixie's hair can be made into a workable and unique moveset).

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Like seriously. Have you played Awakening? The Avatar is pretty much as set of a character as any other in the game, with distinct, unchanging dialogue and abilities, like EVERY Fire Emblem character. The only thing that changes are looks and name. The Villager is WORLDS more of a "bland avatar" than Robin.
Yeah he did play the game, and he supports Anna and Lyn instead.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
5 DKC characters or bust.

Yes, I've been suggesting 4 DKC characters before, but **** that, let's have Cranky to.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Every Fire Emblem character can be made as unique as each of their competitors are, because every Fire Emblem character is literally just a handful of animations. Beyond that, they're a blank slate.

Given that IS has recommended both Ike and Roy to Sakurai, I think whoever IS suggests is what we get.

And I still maintain the stance that Lucina > Chrom > Roy > everyone else
You should post more often. You seem insightful; then again, maybe that's why don't post that much :)

Since we've clearly gone back to old topics, can I spread Ghirahim propaganda?

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Honestly, when it comes to K. Rool and Dixie, I want K. Rool more, but find Dixie more likely, just from a hunch. However, if one does take that "uniqueness" thing to heart, K. Rool can easily beat out Dixie. We'd just have to wait and see (though I think Dixie's hair can be made into a workable and unique moveset).
I just have a gut feeling that Dixie is what we're getting. I can't really explain it much. But, she is a semi-clone which is something Sakurai likes to add, and she does often appear as a trio with Donkey and Diddy. I mean, I wouldn't add Dr. Robotnick before Knuckles. More technical importance or no.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I don't really see why DK can't get 4 reps.
Give me a good reason that isn't "DK is a spin-off of Mario" why DK can't get DK, Diddy, K. Rool, AND Dixie.
Give it a shot.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
unless I'm misunderstanding things about FE I think Robin is more unique than Anna.

unless we also have Issac, then Anna would be a lot more unique.

(all of this regarding if Robin has a sword but mostly magic, and if Anna is a shopkeeper or whatever

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Wait, did I miss a conversation where ROY was compared to LUIGI in terms of importance?
We're comparing them in terms of similarity to their Smash counterparts and how similarity makes greedy ass Smash fans hate loveable characters.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
Give me a good reason that isn't "DK is a spin-off of Mario" why DK can't get DK, Diddy, K. Rool, AND Dixie.
Give it a shot.
DK=You jump on enemies' heads to kill them=Mario=Spin Off :troll:
In all seriousness, though, I'm for 4 DK Slots.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
What do you mean? Of course it's a real comment.
Complete Awakening, then tell me if you think the same.

(though I think Dixie's hair can be made into a workable and unique moveset).
That hair can only work uniquely for so long, she isn't Fillia from Skullgirls after all.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Give it a shot.
Other franchises getting representation? But, now that I think about it, it's not all that unplausible if Kirby got Meta Knight and Dedede in one game. At least if Mario Zelda and Pokemon get 5 characters it wouldn't be.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
We're comparing them in terms of similarity to their Smash counterparts and how similarity makes greedy *** Smash fans hate loveable characters.
Like Ganondorf?
I don't think it's similarity in general, I think it's people trying to push said characters on each other to make them sound unique. Like it or not, Roy, Lucas, and Ganondorf are not unique characters. We can all like them nonetheless, and hope that they get revamped, but at the moment they are not unique.
At least that's my opinion.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Give it a shot.
There's no reason why there can't be four DKC characters. But...something tells me it won't happen. I dunno.

I just have a gut feeling that Dixie is what we're getting. I can't really explain it much. But, she is a semi-clone which is something Sakurai likes to add, and she does often appear as a trio with Donkey and Diddy. I mean, I wouldn't add Dr. Robotnick before Knuckles. More technical importance or no.
I feel like King K. Rool will be the newcomer. It's not a gut feeling, though.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I really feel like the odd man out when talking about Fire Emblem. All I know is that we like Ike. Does the series have anyone that kicks the crap out of everyone?

Give it a shot.
We really should get these four together in Smash one day.

Complete Awakening, then tell me if you think the same.

That hair can only work uniquely for so long, she isn't Fillia from Skullgirls after all.
Her guitar solo of doom. There, that's something worth using. Also, Sindel is the OG hair fighter in Fighting Games, best to recognize.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Other franchises getting representation? But, now that I think about it, it's not all that unplausible if Kirby got Meta Knight and Dedede in one game. At least if Mario Zelda and Pokemon get 5 characters it wouldn't be. I think 4 Donkey Kong may be plausible as long as Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon have 5
"Sure, I get it.
Although I don't find it very farfetch'd for only Mario and Pokémon to get 5 and Zelda and DK to get 4.
Zelda has sold around 68 million games, and DK has sold around 54 million.
Mario has sold 447 million and Pokémon has sold 245 million.
Mario and Pokémon are in a similar ballpark, and Zelda and DK are in another ballpark.
If that makes any sense."

I fished this out of our PM again.
I just think everyone should see this.
I don't know if sales make a difference, but it might bring DK's importance to some people's attention.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Like Ganondorf?
I don't think it's similarity in general, I think it's people trying to push said characters on each other to make them sound unique. Like it or not, Roy, Lucas, and Ganondorf are not unique characters. We can all like them nonetheless, and hope that they get revamped, but at the moment they are not unique.
At least that's my opinion.
I'd rather play as non unique versions of the characters I love than not at all. I don't give a **** how unique King K. Rool is. I want to play as Toon Link. Hell, if it weren't for clones we wouldn't have the amount of characters we do now.

TopTierPichu

Smash Ace
if we get a 4th DK character i don't think it will be King K. Rool, it will probably end up being Cranky with the new game and all

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Fire Emblem doesn't need a 3rd rep, Ike and Marth represents the series just fine. Yet, if I had to rank the possible newcomers it would go I'll count Roy as one, since it's a slot.-

Lucina > Roy > Chrom > Lyn > Robin > Anna > Everyone else.

Lucina being first since she is the most popular unit in Awakening by polls. Plus, is used to promote the game, even more than Chrom and merchandise surrounding it a lot.

Roy is obvious why he is 2nd, being popular, and the back lash from Brawl.

Chrom, I'm not a big fan of, but he does have a chance of beng a easy semi-clone of either Marth or Ike

Lyn is the first Internation lord and etc, many people already explained why she's deserving.

Robin has a lot going for him/her, but might have a little trouble to implement, plus isn't as popular as Chrom and Lucina, but still popular.

Anna, While the unlikeliest from the others, she has a niche of being in every FE game, and also can be the easiest to make unique from other characters, even outside the series.

I tried to be as unbias as possible.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'm gonna post my roster again...

Now someone find one little nitpick so we can start a huge argument.
Needs more Isaac. That's about it. Totally not being biased.

Also, I've been less and less confident on Palutena. Is she really a shoo-in?

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Time constraints.
I feel like time constraints would go specifically for Dixie Kong.
While K. Rool is an original character that would need a lot of work to begin with, they would probably get him out of the way pretty early.
Dixie is probably one of those characters that will be put off until the last minute.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
It's so easy to add 2 DKC newcomers. K.Rool and Dixie Kong are easily some of the most requested characters, world wide.

This is exactly the situation with MetaKnight and King Dedede during pre-Brawl. :rolleyes:

Mario got 3 new characters in Melee. Zelda got 4! Pokémon also 2. And this was only the second game.

Why in the 4th game, we can't have 2 newcomers from a seriously underpresented franchise?

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
Also, I've been less and less confident on Palutena. Is she really a shoo-in?
I don't think she is, but she has a very strong shot. Many people are expecting a KI newcomer, myself included. I think it's not limited to Palutena, but most people call her the most likely.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm gonna post my roster again...

Now someone find one little nitpick so we can start a huge argument.
You lack Ridley the angry Space Dragon. Where's King K. Rool? Use a better pic for Palutena. Now let's argue for three pages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom