• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
What if they give DK the Tropical Freeze crew for 4 characters?
If they give some other franchises 4 slots, then Kirby has a strong shot of getting 4 slots at the least in Smash 5. Once certain characters show up in that game (Which is what, several years off?) Things will be much different. People will likely still be clawing for which Mario Rep hasn't appeared and some franchises will get newcomers that people were dumbfounded weren't in 4.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Honestly, bring back Ike and add Robin. Done.
I second this, it's, in my honest opinion, the best possible choice. Not to mention there's so much to work with.

So, what exactly are we discussing at the point? I never got to talk about my roster before I was Anti-Debbie-dogpiled.
It's just a bunch of random jibber-jabber, nothing to really worry about. Just sit back and relax as it goes on, seeing as it usually goes on for a while.

Muh slots!
We have the main three characters, we don't need an extra.

?????????????

Smash Master
Ugh, Cranky Kong. Why do people think this is a good idea? First people started advocating for Dixie because of TF, then she's pushed aside when Cranky was shown... Really? (Not directing it at you, just in general)
I'd be much more excited about Cranky Kong; sure, he's a Scrooge McDuck rip-off, but it's something new. What can Dixie do that Diddy can't? In Tropical Freeze, it looks like she helps by flying with her hair. That'd be cool and all, but Diddy has a jetpack.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
And I agree with Saturn, let's talk Lyn.
After seeing a popular and unique character like Rosalina replace Dr. Mario, I wouldn't be surrpised if Lyn replaced Roy. But, then again Roy is the only character besides Marth to have an ancestor or character based off of him expanding his own story. So he's definitely more important. But, then again Leif was more important than Roy and Toad was more important than Rosalina.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Expect the Smash 4 sub-forums to explode.

I personally won't be too unhappy. Cranky Kong is awesome.
I personally don't think she really has a chance, though Rosalina has given me some hope that she might just make it in from the uniqueness standpoint.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
My favorite KI character is Palutena by a long shot.

Nope. It's about Bandana Dee now. I really don't know much about Lyn myself, but I know she reps the first NA Fire Emblem, she's a female lead, and she's really popular, and she deserves to be in SSB4 more than any Awakening character.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I'd be much more excited about Cranky Kong; sure, he's a Scrooge McDuck rip-off, but it's something new. What can Dixie do that Diddy can't? In Tropical Freeze, it looks like she helps by flying with her hair. That'd be cool and all, but Diddy has a jetpack.
At least Cranky would have an entirely original moveset than Dixie.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I'd love for Cranky in the game, don't get me wrong, but people are lobbying behind him for the wrong reason. At least that's what I've been seeing.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
My thoughts on Fire Emblem:
As long as not all of them have blue hair, I'll be cool with anything.
(Just seriously, I don't want to see Chrom replace Ike.)

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
What can Dixie do that Diddy can't? In Tropical Freeze, it looks like she helps by flying with her hair. That'd be cool and all, but Diddy has a jetpack.
You basically contradicted yourself.

What exactly makes Dixie flying with hair remotely comparable to Diddy's jetpack? Not to mention Dixie probably wouldn't even share any Smash attacks with Diddy as she would use her hair for them. Her Bubble Gum would replace, but function similar to Diddy's peanut popgun. Still explodes if charged too long, but can also be fired. Probably using a "Medusa Head" pattern like Mewtwo's Shadow Ball. Then of course her hair would replace the Jetpack entirely and function nothing like it, but instead probably function like it does in TF, while her final smash would be a guitar.

So she'd be even less of a semi-clone than Lucas, sharing a total of 3 moves with Diddy.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I'd again question the talk of all newcomers being unique. I can see Cranky being unique, but Dixie...eh...not so much. Especially since there's so much that K.Rool can do that not only the DK Crew can't, but the entire roster can't.

I dunno. If we're talking about a "uniqueness standpoint," I think Robin's got Lyn beat.
Oh yes, easily.

Let's talk Robin... :troll:
I love Nico Robin, she's one of my favorite anime charac- OOOOHHH, wait, that Robin. :p

?????????????

Smash Master

What exactly makes Dixie flying with hair remotely comparable to Diddy's jetpack? Not to mention Dixie probably wouldn't even share any Smash attacks with Diddy as she would use her hair for them. Her Bubble Gum would replace, but function similar to Diddy's peanut popgun. Still explodes if charged too long, but can also be fired. Probably using a "Medusa Head" pattern like Mewtwo's Shadow Ball. Then of course her hair would replace the Jetpack entirely and function nothing like it, but instead probably function like it does in TF, while her final smash would be a guitar.

So she'd be even less of a semi-clone than Lucas, sharing a total of 3 moves with Diddy.
That's all true, and if Dixie IS in I'd hope for something like this, but I still think it means Cranky would be even more distinct.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

What is this? I agree fully!

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
No it's not the reason of "Durr Rosalina"
That's what I'm saying. Now, I see people (not on here, though I have seen it here sometimes) with two reasons for Cranky: A.) He's in the new game (not a bad reason, but it's not even ****ing out yet, and he was shown like, less than a month ago), and B.) WFT and Rosalina are in, so he can get in.

It's pretty dumb logic. He should get in for being consistent, relevant, and recurring in the series, not because of those reasons. And Rosalina has so much more than being "recent".

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Everyone sure hates the Villager.
Yeah, but Villager can single-handedly represent his series with a completely unique kitchen sink-style moveset.
Robin can rep Awakening, and has...
Magic. Whoopee.
Yes, bland as being able to use magic AND swords, something Roy and Chrom can't. Also, is this even a real comment?
What do you mean? Of course it's a real comment.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
No it's not the reason of "Durr Rosalina"
It's his moveset potential.
No, it's pretty much just Rosalina and recency that everyone has him on their rosters. Otherwise you're suggesting that a stick (which he's always had) is considered "Potential".

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Characters are often looked down for being clones/semi-clones, but it is actually an advantage for a character. Dixie can make it in as a Diddy clone, but she does have plenty to things to separate her from Diddy, which will likely happen given how Sakurai is taking time to flesh out newcomers.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So do we hate Luigi now too?
To be fair, I never said I hated Roy. But there's not doubt that some won't miss him due to clone status.

No. We don't hate on Luigi. For a few reasons too. One being that Luigi is iconic, Roy isn't near his level. Two, we have more differences between Mario and Luigi than Marth and Roy. These differences help Luigi stand out enough from his older brother.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Every Fire Emblem character can be made as unique as each of their competitors are, because every Fire Emblem character is literally just a handful of animations. Beyond that, they're a blank slate.

Given that IS has recommended both Ike and Roy to Sakurai, I think whoever IS suggests is what we get.

And I still maintain the stance that Lucina > Chrom > Roy > everyone else

?????????????

Smash Master
Yeah, bland avatar characters sure are interesting.
Like seriously. Have you played Awakening? The Avatar is pretty much as set of a character as any other in the game, with distinct, unchanging dialogue and abilities, like EVERY Fire Emblem character. The only thing that changes are looks and name. The Villager is WORLDS more of a "bland avatar" than Robin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom