• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I grew up with Gen II and III, and Mewtwo is my 2nd favorite pokemon behind Scizor. I think that Gen III and IV were slight slumps in design (Luvdisc? Burmy?)
I think every Pokemon generation has had both good and bad designs. I see a lot of newer fans hate on the old school Gen 1 pokemon. Even ones like Charizard and Blastoise, who honestly have really solid designs. I get that the Voltorb and Grimer lines were stupid/uncreative to some.

While some of my favorites are from Gen 2, Gen 3, and Gen 5. I really like the starters of those gens, and others like Eelecktross, Stoutland, Salamence, and Heracross.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Oh... Sapphire was my first game. My four favorite Pokemon are Gardevoir, Milotic, Blaziken, and Walrein.

After that though is definitely Mewtwo.
I started with Crystal, didn't care much for Sapphire, Got FireRed the day it released and loved it, thought Emerald would at least be half decent as was disappointed, and then went on to get every pokemon game that released up until now. Keep this up, this is actually an entertaining discussion.

?????????????

Smash Master
I started with Pokemon Blue and Red. I was a little late to the party, so I only got Crystal for second gen, then got obsessed and collected Ruby, Sapphire, FireRed, LeafGreen, AND Emerald. I have Pearl, SoulSilver, Black, and X, and that's it.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Between Roy and Chrom, I can't really make a good choice. Both have their pros and cons.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I started with Pearl, which fueled my love for Lucario, then I didn't play again until Black 2, where I found a wild Riolu within an hour of gameplay. X on release day, and mained Mega Lucario over everyone. So Lucario and me are pretty much bound by destiny.

Then I played Skyward Sword, where I met...

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I started with Pokemon Blue and Red. I was a little late to the party, so I only got Crystal for second gen, then got obsessed and collected Ruby, Sapphire, FireRed, LeafGreen, AND Emerald. I have Pearl, SoulSilver, Black, and X, and that's it.
Finally! Someone else who started with Red and Blue. I played Pokemon XD as my Gen 3 game though. I should try and find Emerald one day. And Mega Man Battle Network.....And Dragon Ball Advanced Adventure.

Between Roy and Chrom, I can't really make a good choice. Both have their pros and cons.
Roy has red hair and fire. Chrom has.....a lance? Not sure what other tricks or visual differences he can offer.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I asked this in the Bandana Dee thread but I will ask it here too.
If Bandana Dee doesn't appear with the confirmation of Dedede,do you think that will increase his chances?

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
*Proceeds to look at Miiverse*

...There goes my faith in Miiverse today!
Give me 15 minutes, I'll have something up that's faith restoring!

Aww, you missed Platinum. That kinda sucks, I think it's one of the best pokemon games out there, my favorite after Y. It took a majority of problems Diamond and Pearl had and fixed them to make it a really enjoyable experience. Not to mention they made the art direction much better. Unlike Emerald, it really felt like an update to the previous games.

Favorite Pokémon? Squirtle, Pikachu, Herracross, Lucario, and Mewtwo. :3
My favorite pokemon are Giratina, Weavile, Mewtwo, Zoroark, Lopunny, Vaporeon and Houndoom. Yes, I love Dark Types mostly.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
If Bandana Dee doesn't appear with the confirmation of Dedede,do you think that will increase his chances?
Eh... I would say so.

Please just tell me... IF Dedede's Side-B is shown on the site, promise me you won't turn into a post-Peach Toad supporter?

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
Eh... I would say so.

Please just tell me... IF Dedede's Side-B is shown on the site, promise me you won't turn into a post-Peach Toad supporter?
Depends. Does it show Bandana, or does it show a random Waddle Dee? :skull:

?????????????

Smash Master
If I'm perfectly honest, if it DOESN'T show Bandana Dee, I don't think that will change anything. I think most would expect that he'll stick to normal Waddle Dees for the Waddle Dee toss. However, on the flipside, if they DO show Bandana Dee with King Dedede, that pretty much deconfirms him.

That's what I think anyway.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Finally! Someone else who started with Red and Blue. I played Pokemon XD as my Gen 3 game though. I should try and find Emerald one day. And Mega Man Battle Network.....And Dragon Ball Advanced Adventure.

Roy has red hair and fire. Chrom has.....a lance? Not sure what other tricks or visual differences he can offer.
Roy, or Chrom. Leif, Ephraim. None of them matter. We.
Like.
Ike.
And Lyn. But mostly Ike.

EDIT: This is my stupidest post please ignore.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
You people give Sakurai too much credit to think he's this open minded.
I don't think he's open minded: That's why I'm kind of dumbfounded as to why people act like retros are some holy, complacent standard.
I make special cases for Bandana. Having it be DDD's Side B helps and hurts, especially when there's enough of a distinction between him and his regular Waddle Dee Peers. It's a gray area. that I'd love to NOT talk about! Why don't we talk about KI or Pokemon? :)

Granted, I'm not going to turn into an all out madman like other supporters have done. If he winds up being unplayable, I will concede defeat, support my other characters I desire and await the next Smash.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
No, not at all. Kirby doesn't need more representation.

Also, why're we wasting time talking about Roy, Chrom and other assorted FE Characters? There's no better and unique choice than the Tactician.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
If I'm perfectly honest, if it DOESN'T show Bandana Dee, I don't think that will change anything. I think most would expect that he'll stick to normal Waddle Dees for the Waddle Dee toss. However, on the flipside, if they DO show Bandana Dee with King Dedede, that pretty much deconfirms him.

That's what I think anyway.
This is what I think.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
It would be a Toad-like situation, imo.

It will be hard to count him out completely unless we see the specifically see the Bandana wearing spear using dee.

?????????????

Smash Master
It would be a Toad-like situation, imo.

It will be hard to count him out completely unless we see the specifically see the Bandana wearing spear using dee.
Especially since we do see Bandana Dee alongside normal Waddle Dees in Kirby's Return to Dreamland.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I do think were getting a retro anyways, Sakurai has stated before he's doing his best to bring back old franchises, so at the very least we could get 1 to 3 retros.

So, what exactly are we discussing at the point? I never got to talk about my roster before I was Anti-Debbie-dogpiled.
Waddle Dee and how easy he is to be deconfirmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom