• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Alright, let's look at the facts:

Waluigi, over the years, has appeared in 39 games. Daisy in 41.

There are 5 games that Waluigi has appeared in without Princess Daisy:

Game & Watch Gallery 4
Mario Golf: Advance Tour
Dance Dance Revolution: Mario Mix
Mario Tennis: Power Tour
Mario Kart Arcade GP DX

There are 7 games (4 of them Japan-exclusive) that Daisy has appeared in without Waluigi:

Super Mario Land
NES Open Tournament Golf
Super Mario Fushigi no Korokoro Party
Super Mario Fushigi no Korokoro Party 2
Wi-Fi Taiou Yakuman DS
Mario Party Fushigi no Korokoro Catcher
Mario Kart 7

Every other game they appear in, they are both present. It's also worth noting that, in Mario Kart Arcade GP 2, Waluigi is playable while Daisy is a cameo, and the reverse in Mario Kart 7.

Just some evidence for anybody who needs it.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I think the next newcomer reveal will be Dixie Kong.
Diddy will be revealed in February and after that the DK series would be ready for a newcomer.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
No. None of this "Impa over Ghirahim" business.
And why not? You've only been here since Tuesday, how can you claim being 'fed up with Impa discussion' already? :rolleyes:

Ghirahim discussion has died out a long time ago. People have realised that after getting Yuga, there's no need to keep supporting all these minor villains from Zelda. Even Vaati is highly unlikely, despite appearing most as a villain after Ganondorf. How come Ghirahim has any chance you think? If you argue Skyward Sword was relevant when Sakurai made the decisions, why wouldn't he choose Impa over Ghirahim you think?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Hold up! I leave for a while and you people start bad taking Vaati. This is madness!
inb4 this is Sparta.
I think that "This is Hyrule!1!1!!" would be more accurate.

I think the next newcomer reveal will be Dixie Kong.
I kind of wish that was the case. Even more so for Ridley or Little Mac.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Well, I guess if you want a fifth Zelda slot, you'd be better off with Tingle. Since he's appeared in multiple games. With a mostly consistent look too. Not too sure of a third Fire Emblem character myself. But Lyn isn't a bad choice per say. So I have nothing against that. Bring back Snake too.

Other than those things, good roster. 8/10.
No Tingle. Everyone hates Tingle. I hate Tingle. I'm trying to keep this as realistic as possible, but...I can't replace Ghirahim.

I think Fire Emblem deserves a 3rd rep, after all, It's got thirteen main games, several of which have done well worldwide. Lyn seems like the best choice, as everyone general likes her.

So, disregarding the fact that Snake really doesn't fit in anymore, should I cut Takamaru for him?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I would say that Ridley is the 4th most popular character. He has a massive Western fan base, but barely anyone request Ridley in Japan. King K. Rool is a popular choice internationally, so I'd say he's the 3rd. 2nd would be Mega Man and 1st would be Mewtwo.
Like I said, it kind of depends if we count pre-E3 and veterans into it, which we really should. Mewtwo and Mega Man are obviously ahead of Ridley, and thanks ot Japan K. Rool does have the edge on that one. But in comparison to pre-Brawl, where he was like number 8 or something like that, he is much higher on the list this time, and the only character from that time who still has about as much support as back then (K. Rool and Mega Man both saw boosts in their popularity, while many other popular choices like Geno and Krystal have fallen off the map.)

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
No Tingle. Everyone hates Tingle. I hate Tingle. I'm trying to keep this as realistic as possible, but...I can't replace Ghirahim.

I think Fire Emblem deserves a 3rd rep, after all, It's got thirteen main games, several of which have done well worldwide. Lyn seems like the best choice, as everyone general likes her.

So, disregarding the fact that Snake really doesn't fit in anymore, should I cut Takamaru for him?
Japan isn't anyone then? I mean, I hate Ghirahim but I don't say everyone hates Ghirahim. I think Robin would be the best choice as a FE character. No, don't you ever cut Snake.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
how does Daisy not have any potential compared to waluigi? they have been in all the games and have no major differences. if anything Daisy is more likely to get in because she is female
Daisy's been in a main game, Waluigi haven't

Daisy's Special Moveset:

Neutral B: HAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISY
Side B: HAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISY
Down B: HAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISY
Up B: HAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISY

Final Smash: HAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISY

Am I doing this right?
Daisy confirmed for S-Tier

GUYS GUYS sorry it took so long, but I've finished my third roster...if anyone's still here...

View attachment 5557

I'd say there's a lot of improvements. ;)
I like this roster, but remove Ghirahim for Vaati and add Dixie, Palutena, Isaac, and character from a series that haven't debuted yet.

Overall, 9.5/10

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691

If I may ask, why wont Snake fit in anymore?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

No need to cut Takamaru for Snake. Just keep both. I think Snake will likely stay. Despite being the odd man out in the roster. He brought in a new audience to the series and he's unique, so we have no reason to doubt his inclusion. We know Sonic is coming back, so it's not like Smash doesn't re-use third parties.

As for Tingle, I don't like him either, but he is popular in Japan at least. And like I said earlier, he's somewhat prominent in the Zelda series. He's the only character to have his own games other than Link that were made by Nintendo.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
And why not? You've only been here since Tuesday, how can you claim being 'fed up with Impa discussion' already? :rolleyes:
I'm not fed up, I'm just joking around since I've seen people joking about it.

I dislike the "one-note villain" argument. How can you create a pattern based on the character choices of one game? Ghirahim was way more important than Zant was. Vaati never appeared on a real Zelda game. I compare Ghirahim to Midna. The most popular character from the most recent game. Except Midna didn't fit with Smash Bros. Ghirahim totally does. I feel it.

D

Deleted member

Ghirahim discussion has died out a long time ago. People have realised that after getting Yuga, there's no need to keep supporting all these minor villains from Zelda. Even Vaati is highly unlikely, despite appearing most as a villain after Ganondorf. How come Ghirahim has any chance you think? If you argue Skyward Sword was relevant when Sakurai made the decisions, why wouldn't he choose Impa over Ghirahim you think?
If we're going to put importance on such a high pedestal, I definitely would not be ruling out Ghirahim. Ghirahim is the character that set the chain in motion for all Zelda games to come. That makes his one appearance very important.

I'm not saying Impa is impossible (though I'm only saying this because Rosalina's inclusion shows how wide the pool of character is), but I wouldn't say that Ghirahim has no chance.
Good afternoon all, hope you're doing well, and here's a new roster:

49 characters, 13 newcomers, Blah Blah Blah yeah.
I'd be perfectly content with this.

Autumn ♫

I'm not fed up, I'm just joking around since I've seen people joking about it.

I dislike the "one-note villain" argument. How can you create a pattern based on the character choices of one game? Ghirahim was way more important than Zant was. Vaati never appeared on a real Zelda game. I compare Ghirahim to Midna. The most popular character from the most recent game. Except Midna didn't fit with Smash Bros. Ghirahim totally does. I feel it.
Vaati never appeared in a real Zelda game? I guess Four Swords, Four Swords Adventures, and Minish Cap are fake Zelda games, huh?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Daisy's been in a main game, Waluigi haven't

Daisy confirmed for S-Tier

I like this roster, but remove Ghirahim for Vaati and add Dixie, Palutena, Isaac, and character from a series that haven't debuted yet.

Overall, 9.5/10
Funny thing is, I can see Daisy having a moveset almost entirely made from Super Mario Land. Bi-Plane for a Final Smash and everything.

Vaati never appeared in a real Zelda game? I guess Four Swords, Four Swords Adventures, and Minish Cap are fake Zelda games, huh?
I was going to point that out too.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
If we're going to put importance on such a high pedestal, I definitely would not be ruling out Ghirahim. Ghirahim is the character that set the chain in motion for all Zelda games to come. That makes his one appearance very important.

I'm not saying Impa is impossible (though I'm only saying this because Rosalina's inclusion shows how wide the pool of character is), but I wouldn't say that Ghirahim has no chance.
I'd be perfectly content with this.
I'm not opposed to Ghirahim actually. In fact, Ghirahim being there, and Phantom being Zelda's Down B makes Impa all the more likely.

What I do not understand is people expecting Ghirahim, but Impa can't possibly replace Sheik.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Vaati and Tingle are kinda like a jack of all trades: Appearing in several games, important in none (well, Vaati less so)

I'm not opposed to Ghirahim actually. In fact, Ghirahim being there, and Phantom being Zelda's Down B makes Impa all the more likely.

What I do not understand is people expecting Ghirahim, but Impa can't possibly replace Sheik.
I don't expect Ghirahim. I have doubts about a fifth Zelda character (or sixth). But the series is perfectly represented as is, so a newcomer would be entirely based on fan feedback. Therefore, the best choices, sans Skull Kid, would be Ghirahim, Midna, Vaati, Impa, Tingle (in that order?)

Edit: Everyone, stop quoting me please >.<

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
character from the most recent game. Except Midna didn't fit with Smash Bros.
Midna didn't fit? I could easily think of a moveset for Midna that could be both unique and fun, she can be a real teleporting trickster.

I have nothing bad to sat about your roster, Hotfeet.
Really? Even with no Pale Tuna in Super Smush?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Vaati never appeared in a Zelda game that was highly marketed or highly advertised. Four Swords are probably the least popular Zelda games after Zelda 2 and a few other obscure titles, and Minish Cap's ambasador status shouldn't make Vaati any more likely than he was before. There are also way too many side villains in Zelda.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Vaati never appeared in a Zelda game that was highly marketed or highly advertised. Four Swords are probably the least popular Zelda games after Zelda 2 and a few other obscure titles, and Minish Cap's ambasador status shouldn't make Vaati any more likely than he was before. There are also way too many side villains in Zelda.
This is what I meant. Whereas Skyward Sword was the Zelda game at the time. That's my argument.

Sorry if I belittled any Vaati fans. I like him too, but I like the G-man more.

D

Deleted member

How does Ghirahim being in improve Impa's chances? Do remember that he is competition to Impa.

While I don't see Ghirahim as likely by any means, I do understand why some people expect Ghirahim. His strong importance to the Zelda series along with him being very unique makes him someone that could get chosen as a playable character.

Most people don't see Impa replacing Sheik because there's no logical reason to do so, especially when the best way to appeal both Sheik and Impa supporters would be to have both. You would be better off arguing Impa as the sixth Zelda character rather than as a replacement towards Sheik.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Oi, no Minish Cap hate when I around. :p
It was the first 2D Zelda game I completed.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I think Waluigi has loads of move set potential. A lot more than Daisy. Besides swimming in the air, sports thing, or the WAA but he could throw bombs, use piranha plants, or useany other despicable/zany means for fighting. Daisy could be too much like Peach and lack the personality that Waluigi would bring. This is of course subjective but my take on the two. Waluigi, despite my dislike of the character, has a lot of personality and potential.

Autumn ♫

Vaati and Tingle are kinda like a jack of all trades: Appearing in several games, important in none (well, Vaati less so)
Vaati's been important in every game he's been in, I don't know what you're talking about.
I've never heard anyone say anything bad about the 3 games, and Diddy, you keep forgetting about the anniversary edition, seems like it's pretty high marketed for not being a OoT, MM,WW,TP,orSS game, which we all know are the biggest.

D

Deleted member

I think Waluigi has loads of move set potential. A lot more than Daisy. Besides swimming in the air, sports thing, or the WAA but he could throw bombs, use piranha plants, or useany other despicable/zany means for fighting. Daisy could be too much like Peach and lack the personality that Waluigi would bring. This is of course subjective but my take on the two. Waluigi, despite my dislike of the character, has a lot of personality and potential.
I may not be a huge supporter of him, but I do believe that Waluigi could be a hilarious character and I like characters that make me laugh (see, Wario).

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
This is what I meant. Whereas Skyward Sword was the Zelda game at the time. That's my argument.

Sorry if I belittled any Vaati fans. I like him too, but I like the G-man more.
Ghirahim and Vaati are both quite cool. But Impa is the one who's most likely.

Luckily the Toon Zelda fans have finally shut up though... :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom