• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I thought the Galaxy games were big games Bidoof, they seem significant enough for Rosalina to be a character.
Where as Waluigi has ALOT of uniqueness and potential.
The potential only comes from his personality really.

I know what you are trying to say,but by that logic characters like Young Link are possible.
Young Link can be upgraded to Masked Link.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I know what you are trying to say,but by that logic characters like Young Link are possible.
While this notion is true, Young Link is a bad example, as we already have Toon Link, who flat out replaced Young Link in Brawl.
So technically, Young Link is possible, but has a basically 1% chance.

Dude, he's a skinny purple Wario created to help Wario in doubles. He's not that unique.
Kart, Sports, Party, and every other Mario spin-off in the world.
That's pretty unique.

Last edited by a moderator:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Waluigi is far from disconfirmed.
It is very unlikely that we get another Mario character, but it's not impossible.
Waluigi is far from disconfirmed, but it's very unlikely we'll get another Mario character?

Sounds to me you also don't find him too likely. :smirk:

Am thinking the only likely Mario newcomers at this point are clones like Dr.Mario, or semi-clones, as Bowser Jr.

Would like Paper Mario to, but it likely won't happen this time.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
If importance mattered in Smash 4, Toad or Bowser Jr, would have gotten in before Rosalina & Luma.
It's uniqueness that matters.
Even if Rosalina got in die to importance, Luma wouldn't have, because Rosalina was never seen fighting with a Luma, this it not being important to Rosalina's character.
Daisy has almost NO move set potential as far as I know, and would have to be at least a semi-Peach clone.
Yeeeeah suuure,Waluigi has a looot of moveset poteeential :rolleyes:
The only thing that he can do is swim in the air,use sport things and scream like an idiot.
Daisy can use sport attacks and like Waluigi ,she can use the special attacks of the spin-offs Mario games like flowers and that things.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Daisy has almost NO move set potential as far as I know, and would have to be at least a semi-Peach clone.

I'm interested to know what makes Waluigi more unique then Daisy, both are primarily Spin-off characters that can bring those items and incorporate them into their movesets and while there's definite body type differences, that doesn't completely make one more unique then the other as both have the same opportunities to make use of that difference to differentiate themselves from the current cast.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I'm interested to know what exactly does Waluigi bring to the table that Daisy can't, both are primarily Spin-off characters that can bring those items and incorporate them into their movesets and while there's definite body type differences, that doesn't completely make one more unique then the other as both have the same opportunities to make use of that difference to differentiate themselves from the current cast.
The only thing he offers is his mischievous personality in the game, but I don't think it adds much.

TopTierPichu

Smash Ace
how does Daisy not have any potential compared to waluigi? they have been in all the games and have no major differences. if anything Daisy is more likely to get in because she is female

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Sooooooo........
What about the idea of Fawful?
Anybody like it?

Personally, he would be my first newcomer choice as a Mario newcomer, just because I like him.
I swear, if I ever get a job at Nintendo, I will do everything in my power to make Fawful a mainline Mario character, right next to Rosalina.
Not a fan of Fawful. I find him annoying. But I do think someone from the Mario RPG's should be playable. I'm mostly hoping for Paper Mario myself.

Kart, Sports, Party, and every other Mario spin-off in the world.
That's pretty unique.
If that's the case, you could just add Daisy to Smash. Both are primarily spin-off centered.

Hell, you could even slap a bunch of power-ups from Mario Land on Daisy. It would at least reference the game she came from. Not that I would want either in Smash to begin with.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Yeeeeah suuure,Waluigi has a looot of moveset poteeential :rolleyes:
The only thing that he can do is [/SIZE=6]swim in the air,use sport things and scream like an idiot.[/SIZE]
Daisy can use sport attacks and like Waluigi ,she can use the special attacks of the spin-offs Mario games like flowers and that things.
No one in Smash has ever done that before, so therefore it is unique.

Daisy is not known for being in spin-offs and is not a character made remotely for spin-offs, and is from Super Mario Land.
While Waluigi is known for spin-offs and was made for them, which isn't a bad thing at all as the spin-offs are a big part of the Mario franchise, so he could represent them better then Daisy could.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Daisy being a spin off character in games won't stop her from being a clone of Peach. Just like different items won't stop Toon Link from being a clone of Link.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Daisy is not known for being in spin-offs and is not a character made remotely for spin-offs, and is from Super Mario Land.
While Waluigi is known for spin-offs and was made for them, which isn't a bad thing at all as the spin-offs are a big part of the Mario franchise, so he could represent them better then Daisy could.
I'd say both are known for the spin-offs, no doubt. But you are right in that Waluigi was created solely for them.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Banjo first appeared in Diddy Kong Racing and thus is not known for being the star of the popular and successful Banjo-Kazooie games.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

While Daisy started as a main game character, she's been ported to the spin-offs and is used to the point where she is integral to them now moreso then that game. She may've not been made for them, but as a character she serves the same purpose as a filler character to round out the cast.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain

Peach uses Sport things,good luck if you want to make a moveset only with "air swimming"

Daisy appears in more spin-offs than Waluigi...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Ya damn right I do.
Daisy's Special Moveset:

Neutral B: HAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISY
Side B: HAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISY
Down B: HAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISY
Up B: HAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISY

Final Smash: HAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISY

Am I doing this right?

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Banjo first appeared in Diddy Kong Racing and thus is not known for being the star of the popular and successful Banjo-Kazooie games.
This doesn't relate to the topic at all.

First off, DKR is a completely different series then BK.
It's like Wario.
He started as a small Mario character then made his own series, which he is now known for.

I'm not really sure how to word his, but I'll try.
The Mario spin-offs are composed of characters from main series Mario games.
Daisy is a character made for a main series Mario game, and went to the spin-offs, just like Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Bowser.

Waluigi was made specifically for these spin-offs, thus him being a better character to represent them.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Daisy's Special Moveset:

Neutral B: HAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISY
Side B: HAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISY
Down B: HAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISY
Up B: HAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISY

Final Smash: HAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISYHAII'MDAISY

Am I doing this right?
LOL,now Waluigi's screams are not unique.

And yes,is enough,I don't want to talk about characters with no chances.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I think I know what would make everyone happy. Daisy and Waluigi duo. Clearly their moveset can be based on doubles in the Mario Tennis games. And they both are mostly in spin-off games. Neither could get in on their own right. So they would likely need each other to be playable. Right? Yeah, right! :troll:

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
This doesn't relate to the topic at all.

First off, DKR is a completely different series then BK.
It's like Wario.
He started as a small Mario character then made his own series, which he is now known for.
You just said Wario started off in Mario, but is known for the spin off series he is in. Why isn't Daisy when she appears in nothing, but them?

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
You just said Wario started off in Mario, but is known for the spin off series he is in. Why isn't Daisy when she appears in nothing, but them?
Sorry for wording this badly and not pointing this out, but when I say Mario spin-off, I mean MarioKart, Mario Tennis, Mario Strikers, etc.

I consider the Wario series it's own series, as that is what it is in smash.

Anyway, I do agree that Daisy is known for the Mario spin-offs, but I feel that Waluigi would better represent them as that is what he originated from.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I think it is a WARIO series discussion, as he could be a Wario series character.
Which he never appeared in. Sakurai already declared Waluigi as a Mario character. So he's just as much a Wario character as Birdo is a Yoshi character.

But, yeah. Why is this even a discussion?

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Lyn is actually a character I think we should talk about. She has a pretty big chance of getting in this time.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Birdo and Wart aren't their lands most famous common soldiers, and aren't loyal to their princess and king either.
GUYS GUYS sorry it took so long, but I've finished my third roster...if anyone's still here...

View attachment 5557

I'd say there's a lot of improvements. ;)
I'd put Isaac over Shulk.
Impa over Ghirahim.
Dixie or Cranky Kong instead of Ridley to.

But I like your choices for Pokémon and Fire Emblem.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
GUYS GUYS sorry it took so long, but I've finished my third roster...if anyone's still here...

View attachment 5557

I'd say there's a lot of improvements. ;)
Well, I guess if you want a fifth Zelda slot, you'd be better off with Tingle. Since he's appeared in multiple games. With a mostly consistent look too. Not too sure of a third Fire Emblem character myself. But Lyn isn't a bad choice per say. So I have nothing against that. Bring back Snake too.

Other than those things, good roster. 8/10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom