• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I think Waluigi has loads of move set potential. A lot more than Daisy. Besides swimming in the air, sports thing, or the WAA but he could throw bombs, use piranha plants, or useany other despicable/zany means for fighting. Daisy could be too much like Peach and lack the personality that Waluigi would bring. This is of course subjective but my take on the two. Waluigi, despite my dislike of the character, has a lot of personality and potential.
I actually second this, even though I couldn't possibly care less for said character. I designed a moveset for Waluigi some months ago that follow a unique kind of game mechanic called "Cheater", which basically is a completely unique ability that does well against certain characters when using certain move. For example, moves that are good at stopping opponents in their tracks, like large hit-stun moves, do more damage against faster characters, Trip-up moves do more damage to heavier characters, and moves that hold opponents in place will hold weaker opponents easier than stronger ones.

Here's the video for an example.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
By saying this, you are only calling them back to bite us. :crazy:
Perhaps I am, but am not expecting too many peole popping up in Zelda discussions claiming 'Toon Zelda or bust' anymore. Which is great. Cause Toon Zelda was easily the most boring, likely character I could think of.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
That's okay. Let's not have a new topic for once about Lyn. Let's talk about reveal dates, Impa, and other stupid Zelda predictions that will never happen........again!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Lyn is cool. Especially if she gets a moveset similar to what ManlySpirit suggested. Still like her best out of all potential Fire Emblem newcomers, but like Ike more than everyone. Marth comes next. So am cool with whatever. Even Chrom.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
That's okay. Let's not have a new topic for once about Lyn. Let's talk about reveal dates, Impa, and other stupid Zelda predictions that will never happen........again!
Reveal Dates: January 10th.
Impa: Ehh, didn't we do this 20 other times already? I support Impa, yes, but I'm ready to put it aside for another day.
I was going to suggest Fire Emblem, but that's old news again.
Hm...
How about Kid Icarus? And whether it's getting a newcomer and who that could be?

?????????????

Smash Master
Another comment from my subscriber that hates Mewtwo:

"Still he was cut he will be cut Forever. First gen is way long past Mewtwo is not going to be in ssb4 unless they have a FireRed2 and a LeafGreen2 which will most likely never happen it doesn't matter if he is popular because he was already cut so it will be a staple that he was cut. I would be pointless to have a character in 2 games but not the one between and he is losing relevance actually because 1st gen is way long past again. Having both Mewtwo and Lucario is like having more clones. It doesn't matter if Hawlucha and Pangoro are popular or relevant because Rosalina is not popular. You also seem to be major over representation the mega evolutions which is way too new unless they are really planning a future out of mega evolutions. You have 4 1st gen reps and 1 4th gen rep but no 6th gen rep"

DJVictor

Smash Cadet
NNID
VictorLarbi
i bet falcon is gonna come back with ness, lucas, Zero SuitSamus, gameandwatch, olimar,..

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Another comment from my subscriber that hates Mewtwo:

"Still he was cut he will be cut Forever. First gen is way long past Mewtwo is not going to be in ssb4 unless they have a FireRed2 and a LeafGreen2 which will most likely never happen it doesn't matter if he is popular because he was already cut so it will be a staple that he was cut. I would be pointless to have a character in 2 games but not the one between and he is losing relevance actually because 1st gen is way long past again. Having both Mewtwo and Lucario is like having more clones. It doesn't matter if Hawlucha and Pangoro are popular or relevant because Rosalina is not popular. You also seem to be major over representation the mega evolutions which is way too new unless they are really planning a future out of mega evolutions. You have 4 1st gen reps and 1 4th gen rep but no 6th gen rep"
Hates Mewtwo? Can those words actually be put together in a sentence?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Toon Zelda would be boring. Tingle is the most likely, even if I don't like it. Vaati would be my personal choice, since he's been in more than one game as an important villain. Don't care about Impa personally.

Reveal Dates: January 10th.
Impa: Ehh, didn't we do this 20 other times already? I support Impa, yes, but I'm ready to put it aside for another day.
I was going to suggest Fire Emblem, but that's old news again.
Hm...
How about Kid Icarus? And whether it's getting a newcomer and who that could be?
Palutena seems to be the most likely. Sort of like the Zelda of the series. Medusa is right behind her too. Other than that I won't complain if Hades is playable. Nor would I complain about Magnus.

Dark Pit should stay a recolor. Anything else? Maybe Pyhrron as an Assist Trophy. Phosphora would be a good choice too. Sorry if I spelled the name wrong, but spell check isn't helping me here:p.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Hey guys! Remember Lyn! Remember how Sakurai picks highly requested Fire Emblem characters and is looking for more unique characters this time around? Why don't we discuss that for once.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
Must we recycle the same crap everyday? We talk about a frikin Sheik clone 24/7. Why not Lyn?
We talk about Fire Emblem and Zelda now constantly. When someone puts something interesting, some random yahoo just decides it's a great time to go back to these subjects. I'm up in the air with Fire Emblem Reps: I don't want to get involved other than to say that Awakening isn't represenative of the entire franchise and people like Owain have as much chances as Chancellor Cole. I'll take anyone, as long as it isn't a clone.
Hey guys! Remember Lyn! Remember how Sakurai picks highly requested Fire Emblem characters and is looking for more unique characters this time around? Why don't we discuss that for once.
I'm going to abstain for once.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Hates Mewtwo? Can those words actually be put together in a sentence?
He's probably some kid who grew up with Gen 3, AKA not really worth anyone's time.

I have a question,if Dixie is confirmed,do you think that will change K.Rool's chances?
If Dixie got in over K.Rool first, I'd be questioning the whole "Uniqueness is King" mentality Sakurai has this time around.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
He's probably some kid who grew up with Gen 3, AKA not really worth anyone's time.
I grew up with Gen II and III, and Mewtwo is my 2nd favorite pokemon behind Scizor. I think that Gen III and IV were slight slumps in design (Luvdisc? Burmy?)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I talked about Lyn, now what more you expect? To even do what you say goes far beyond my principles. :rolleyes: Just happen to like to discuss Lyn to.

Tomorrow I'll be gone all day though, so no Impa discussions. Happy?

Am thinking you guys will talk about Impa anyway. My absence doesn't mean that Impa won't be discussed. People are just ****ing losing their mind whenever they see the name Impa, and that's not my fault. Blame your own lack of acceptance.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Meh, I think Intelligent Systems will most likely recommend an Awakening character to Sakurai, I doubt Lyndis will be the one IS chooses.
That still has to get past Sakurai. IS only suggests characters, Sakurai picks them and he certainly doesn't do it blindly. If Sakurai was going to choose Roy and IS suggested Leif, Roy still would have gotten in. Chrom seems to be in the same situation as Leif. Only worse.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I have a question,if Dixie is confirmed,do you think that will change K.Rool's chances?
Not sure. We did get both Mario and Luigi in Smash 64. Bowser and Peach as well as Zelda and Ganon in Melee. Even DeDeDe and Meta Knight in Brawl. So two characters being added from a single series has happened before in this series. Which is why I think both showing up isn't out of the question. Even more so since Dixie could end up like a semi clone.

I like Ike. Do you like Ike?
Everyone likes Ike. It's just that Roy isn't everyone's boy.

Must we recycle the same crap everyday? We talk about a frikin Sheik clone 24/7. Why not Lyn?
Ask the monkey, not me. I don't know much of Fire Emblem. So as far as I know Lyn could be an outstanding choice. Or she could be crap.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
I talked about Lyn, now what more you expect? To even do what you say goes far beyond my principles. :rolleyes: Just happen to like to discuss Lyn to.

Tomorrow I'll be gone all day though, so no Impa discussions. Happy?

Am thinking you guys will talk about Impa anyway. My absence doesn't mean that Impa won't be discussed. People are just ****ing losing their mind whenever they see the name Impa, and that's not my fault. Blame your own lack of acceptance.
You know, I could always bring it back up. But my thoughts is that we happen to... ahem, dwell upon it too much. I will agree though that people could be a bit better overall (That includes all of us) of not slamming down what others think unless you've got a good reason. And no, bias is not a reason. I want to discuss franchises that are rather up in the air that are not as common, like KI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom