• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Also, I've been less and less confident on Palutena. Is she really a shoo-in?
Nope. I've really been doubting Palutena as of late, but I'm not taking her off my rosters until I see a full confirmation or deconfirmation. So.... a Palutena reveal or Pit's Final Smash returning.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Needs more Isaac. That's about it. Totally not being biased.

Also, I've been less and less confident on Palutena. Is she really a shoo-in?
I don't know why you guys are losing faith she has already gained noticable popularity to Sakurai and she is indeed a unique character, using the power of light as a goddess to knock down opponents, it's just a matter of yes or no for Sakurai.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I'm gonna post my roster again...

Now someone find one little nitpick so we can start a huge argument.
I think you should point out specific characters before demanding chaos. That's actually an awesome roster, dude.

I really feel like the odd man out when talking about Fire Emblem. All I know is that we like Ike. Does the series have anyone that kicks the crap out of everyone?
I struggled with deciding on FE characters at first. Originally, I had Marth and Chrom. Then it was Marth, Ike, and Lucina. Then I realized: You know what? Screw Awakening. It's not important. Chrom's too similar to Ike, and Lucina to Marth. Lyn, Micaiah, or anyone else is a better fit.

TopTierPichu

Smash Ace
Has sakurai ever actually mentioned the back lash of Roy, and the other characters that were cut I mean, I don't think Sakurai actually cared for the backlash about Roy, he really seemed to take the backlash of how Brawl seemingly takes place in outer space with the physics and all

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I must me the only one who understood the reference you clearly made. all these people clearly need to watch jontron.
I watch JonTron, but I didn't find the reference funny, although the video itself is hilarious.
I'm gonna post my roster again...

Now someone find one little nitpick so we can start a huge argument.
The fact that Kid Icarus has two characters while Metroid has one is REALLY irksome. And Dixie over K.Rool again would make question Sakurai's uniqueness mentality, as there's no way in hell that she'd ever be as unique as K.Rool.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Has sakurai ever actually mentioned the back lash of Roy, and the other characters that were cut I mean, I don't think Sakurai actually cared for the backlash about Roy, he really seemed to take the backlash of how Brawl seemingly takes place in outer space with the physics and all
Are you implying that Sakurai cares about the little amount of backlash that occurred when Pichu was cut? :troll:
I don't even think Roy's going to happen, but you have no evidence to prove it.
I guess Mewtwo's not getting in. Sakurai never talked about that.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
Done some Field Evidence:
Most rosters and what people complain about:
-Lack of Palutena or some 2nd KI Rep
-5th Zelda Rep, or lack thereof, or why it shouldn't be Ghirahim
-Lack of Bandana Dee (Me and Chandelure)
-DK- It doesn't even matter, people just end up getting angry here, someone does.
-Not having enough Retros (Not including Saturn and I)
-Lacking Pac-Man or Mii
-Cutting Snake (I don't think he's going to be cut, but to each his own, eh?)
-Fire Emblem is like DK- People always get pissed about what you do.
-Cuts in general- People think cutting anyone is madness.
-Not having enough WTF characters
-No Mewtwo (The majority of us, from what I observe)

-Lack of Ridley
-Impa

Anyone care to add to this list?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Samson is majestic enough. We'll have to see about that.
I'll admit, he's fresh. Dare I say Funky Fresh. But he can't be the OG unfortunately.

One word: Rosalina.
She's climbing up the ladder though, gotta give her credit there.

-DK- It doesn't even matter, people just end up getting angry here, someone does.
-Lacking Pac-Man or Mii
Don't forget whenever someone doesn't add Ridley.

TopTierPichu

Smash Ace
Are you implying that Sakurai cares about the little amount of backlash that occurred when Pichu was cut? :troll:
I don't even think Roy's going to happen, but you have no evidence to prove it.
I guess Mewtwo's not getting in. Sakurai never talked about that.
thats not really what I meant, i was joking about the deconfirmation. but if Sakurai doesnt care about the backlash all melee vets that were cut will probably not return save for mewtwo maybe because of X and Y and the new movie

Louie G.

Smash Hero
-Lacking Pac-Man or Mii
Awesome, I don't complain about any of this.
What I do complain about is any of the Original 12 being cut. Specifically Jigglypuff. Aw, I remember me and Saturn's first Jigglypuff argument.
Good times, good times.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
-Lacking Pac-Man or Mii
Here's my small list that I could think of from the top of my head.
-Cranky Kong instead of K. Rool.
-Impa
-No Ridley

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
The fact that Kid Icarus has two characters while Metroid has one is REALLY irksome.
Samus + Zero Suit Samus = 2

Sakurai considers Brawl to have 39 characters. Therefore, he considers Zero Suit Samus to be her own character, putting Metroid at 2.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
One word: Rosalina.
This is Kirby, not Mario. Besides, at least Rosalina has had more importance in a game than being a mid-boss and a character in a mini-game, she a main part of Super Mario Galaxy, and while not playable, she's very important to the plot and the game itself wouldn't be possible without her. Also, why the hell are we comparing a cosmic entity to a a monkey wearing a bandana?

Sakurai considers Brawl to have 39 characters. Therefore, he considers Zero Suit Samus to be her own character, putting Metroid at 2.
Zero Suit Samus is is still Samus, and does not qualify as the second Metroid character. Also, this topic is a joke.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
The fact that Kid Icarus has two characters while Metroid has one is REALLY irksome. And Dixie over K.Rool again would make question Sakurai's uniqueness mentality, as there's no way in hell that she'd ever be as unique as K.Rool.
Technically, Metroid has two reps. :troll:

But seriously, it's Ridley or no Metroid newcomer, and frankly I don't find him as likely as everyone believes he is. Then again, there are people who would say the same for any character... but I still believe that he's a background character on Pyrosphere. Looking at that picture alone, I feel it hints more toward him being a background character on the stage than anything (or Sakurai is ****ing with me). But it's my opinion. Ridley is wholly wanted, and has a gargantuan (pun intended) moveset pool, so he can get in on those merits. I'm just not sure if Sakurai would go all out and make him a character... just my opinions on him, though. :p

?????????????

Smash Master
I've never thought a second KI rep was that likely. I think Ridley is worth it, and still has no hard evidence against it.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I've never thought a second KI rep was that likely. I think Ridley is worth it, and still has no hard evidence against it.
Eh, I would have to agree. Ridley not being on my roster is the same reason I have Dixie: I can just see it happen. There's no reason not to add him, but I can see him not being playable.

Then again, y'all better respect my opinion. I'd be thrilled if he makes it in, and if he's deconfirmed, bet your asses I would never rub salt on the wound by saying "I told you so".

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
This is Kirby, not Mario. Besides, at least Rosalina has had more importance in a game than being a mid-boss and a character in a mini-game, she a main part of Super Mario Galaxy, and while not playable, she's very important to the plot and the game itself wouldn't be possible without her. Also, why the hell are we comparing a cosmic entity to a a monkey wearing a bandana?
LOL...monkey, that doesn't make sense.
Because both of them are not "main characters" ,but now are an important part of their series.
Also I know Mario is more important than Kirby,but Kirby is one of the most popular Nintendo franchises,just look at the intro of all the games,Kirby is with Mario,Pokemon and Zelda.
Also Mario is bigger and that's why it will have FIVE characters,more than FOUR

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
So... Hotfeet just hates Kirby as a series?
I play Kirby games all the time, but again, Bandana Dee just sucks as a possible newcomer, it's so underwhelming.

Technically, Metroid has two reps. :troll:

But seriously, it's Ridley or no Metroid newcomer, and frankly I don't find him as likely as everyone believes he is. Then again, there are people who would say the same for any character... but I still believe that he's a background character on Pyrosphere. Looking at that picture alone, I feel it hints more toward him being a background character on the stage than anything (or Sakurai is ****ing with me). But it's my opinion. Ridley is wholly wanted, and has a gargantuan (pun intended) moveset pool, so he can get in on those merits. I'm just not sure if Sakurai would go all out and make him a character... just my opinions on him, though. :p
It's been over four months, every stage hazard (Yellow Devil, Dark Emperor, etc.) Are shown off right away with the stage, Ridley wasn't there, Ridley's NOT a stage hazard. And again, that topic of Metroid having 2 characters is a joke.

LOL...monkey, that doesn't make sense.
Because both of them are not "main characters" ,but now are an important part of their series and are unique
Also I know Mario is more important than Kirby,but Kirby is one of the most popular Nintendo franchises,just look at the intro of all the games,Kirby is with Mario,Pokemon and Zelda.
Also Mario is bigger and that's why it will have FIVE characters,more than FOUR
Kirby is at the front with Mario Pikachu and Link because his creator is the creator of Smash Bros. I mean c'mon, did you see how much screen time and importance Kirby characters had in the Subspace Emissary? To be honest, the four way at the beginning of the games should have been Mario, Donkey Kong, Link and Pikachu, since DK is arguably a bigger icon of a character than Kirby. Also, Bandana Dee is not that important to the franchise as a whole, as I said, being a mid-boss, a mini-game character, and a last resort playable character doesn't make you important.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Yep. But I wished that both versions of Samus had their own character slots.

Zero Suit Samus is is still Samus, and does not qualify as the second Metroid character. Also, this topic is a joke.
Bandanna Dee was playable in Return to Dreamland. He has a role(though somewhat minor)in Triple Deluxe. He's slowly climbing the ladder in a sense. The reason that the two are being compared is that they are both Nintendo characters, obviously. Also, plots in Mario games don't matter. You can have Mario meet Lubba instead and leave it at that.

Also, Link and Toon Link are technically both Link. At least the two versions of Samus have different fighting styles. They just need to be separated, if you ask me.

JPW

Smash Ace
Fire Emblem Awakening is the highest selling FE game to date. Chrom or Lucina have a much bigger chance than Roy right now. Roy's game didn't even get an international release.

Also Chrom and Ike are nothing alike. If you look at their animations they have very different attacks especially with Aether. Chrom does a strike thru move where as Ike jumps up in the air with his sword and comes down. Ike is more of a power player. Ragnell is also a strong weapon, infact it made Ike so overpowered by the end he got muscles lol.(compare POR to RD look)

Chrom's moveset doesn't have to be a clone of Marth's. When Chrom advances to Great Lord he gets the ability to use Lances. You could make a few lance moves. Chrom also gets a Shield, you can add things like reflect and block. He also has a different dancing blade style. His is a lot slower but it's also very clea in style. You could even make him more unique by giving him a partner such as Lucina, you can do combo moves, start one move and finish it with the other.

also speaking of Roy, i wonder if before he got cut was he really that popular? Seems his popularity only got bigger because he was cut. And if Roy was really so important why didn't Sakurai delay the game even more? After all he did for Sonic and he wasn't even Nintendo.

Forcerounds

Smash Journeyman
4 DK and 4 Fire Emblem reps would really solve some problems around here. Furthermore, these series have so much history that they are worthy of that many characters.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
It's been over four months, every stage hazard (Yellow Devil, Dark Emperor, etc.) Are shown off right away with the stage, Ridley wasn't there, Ridley's NOT a stage hazard. And again, that topic of Metroid having 2 characters is a joke.
I never said stage hazard, first of all. I just said part of the background, like in 64. I just discussed how I felt in reply to pizzadudeman, so it's just a hunch I have, nothing more.

Second, as much as I agree with you that Metroid truly only has one rep, it's Sakurai's word. There are two reps in his eyes, which means there are two reps in the game, so saying otherwise is a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom