• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TopTierPichu

Smash Ace
He was a playable character so there could be four player multiplayer.

Again, people ask for unique choices, get called out for picking something people didn't think made sense, the mentality of people these days are so flip-flopped it's hard to take seriously. Besides, mine was a joke, what say your choices?
there have been other Kirby games with 4 multiple characters. . .in fact you can have multiple kirby's in return to dreamland. . .why have bandana dee playable in that game if he wasnt important?

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Again, people ask for unique choices, get called out for picking something people didn't think made sense, the mentality of people these days are so flip-flopped it's hard to take seriously. Besides, mine was a joke, what say your choices?
Do you want to see my roster? because I don't have one now XD

?????????????

Smash Master
So, for a second character, would you want a bad guy or good guy?
Traditionally, Smash has done good guys; Luigi over Bowser, Zelda over Ganondorf (sure, they were added simultaneously, but Zelda was a bigger priority to make unique), Diddy over K. Rool, etc...there's a good number of more examples.

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
Traditionally, Smash has done good guys; Luigi over Bowser, Zelda over Ganondorf (sure, they were added simultaneously, but Zelda was a bigger priority to make unique), Diddy over K. Rool, etc...there's a good number of more examples.
Are you trying to tell me that they're going to put anthony higgs over ridley!?!?!?!?!?

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
there have been other Kirby games with 4 multiple characters. . .in fact you can have multiple kirby's in return to dreamland. . .why have bandana dee playable in that game if he wasnt important?
Because of the recent success of Super Star Ultra before the game's development.

Nothing too wrong with that. You could have brought back a few Kirby characters, like Gooey. But they didn't. He showed up a few times before, so it's not like Blue/Yellow Toad, who showed up from a lack of creativity.
Do you think for a second, that if Return to Dreamland was a one player-only game where you can play as multiple characters, that Bandanna Dee would be playable?

Louie G.

Smash Hero
In my opinion, the difference between MOTHER and Kid Icarus as far as character representation goes is representation for the games themselves. Between Melee and Brawl, MOTHER 3 was released, which was a big game, so it makes sense to add Lucas since Ness isn't a part of MOTHER 3. However, Kid Icarus Uprising still focuses on Pit, so it isn't as necessary to add a new KI character. Yes, there's characters to add; it doesn't have anything to do with either being small. But it isn't as comparable to MOTHER's situation. This is also why I think something from Awakening is more likely than Roy.
I also agree that an Awakening rep is more likely than Roy, but I would say that Uprising did change the game a little bit.
Uprising re-invented the Kid Icarus franchise, and introduced many new and interesting personalities. I would go as far to say that without Pit and Palutena's playful banter, the game would not have been as entertaining as it was.
Sure, the game focused on Pit. But it also made it so that the Kid Icarus franchise could not be complete without Palutena. Palutena broke free from her damsel in distress role and became not only the DiD, but the secondary hero/sidekick, and even the VILLAIN at one point.
So I am sticking with my claim that Palutena is very necessary. Arguably as necessary as Lucas was.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I meant like a second character for each series. So, basically, Luigi or Bowser? K. Rool or Dixie/Cranky? Zelda or Ganondorf?
Ah I see. Well here. I even threw in third parties.

1. Mario and Luigi, Link and Zelda, Donkey Kong and Diddy, Samus and Ridley.

2. Kirby and Dedede, Pikachu and Mewtwo, Marth and Ike, Pit and Palutena

3. Ness and Lucas, Wario and Captain Syrup, Olimar and Alph(or Brittany or Charlie) Villager and Tom Nook

4. Mega Man and Zero, Sonic and Tails, Snake and Grey Fox.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Do you want to see my roster? because I don't have one now XD
Considering I can already see it outlined in my mind, no, because Kirby will have too many characters.

Are you trying to tell me that they're going to put anthony higgs over ridley!?!?!?!?!?
They already put in Zero Suit Samus, an add-on character, over Ridley. Ridley is the definitive next character. Also, Anthony Higgs? At least it's not as bad as the people asking for a Hunter or Rundas.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Zero Suit Samus is is still Samus, and does not qualify as the second Metroid character. Also, this topic is a joke.
Why is it a joke?

If the guy in charge says that Zero Suit Samus is the second Metroid character, then that's really all there is to it. You can think otherwise if you choose to, but expect to be called out every time you say Metroid has 1 character.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
http://mynintendonews.com/2013/12/3...super-smash-bros-3ds-wii-u-completed-in-2014/
So this article is on a interview with Sakurai and it seems Sakurai really wants to see this game in 2014, even making it his New Year's Resolution. Thoughts?
Hell and yes. Would love to see Smash out in Summer of 14, would really give me something to do, plus all my friends are saving up for the 3DS version so we can take out all our vented rage towards each other.
@ ????????????? ????????????? But she's sexy, not diverse.

BlueSorrow

Smash Apprentice

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Why is it a joke?

If the guy in charge says that Zero Suit Samus is the second Metroid character, then that's really all there is to it. You can think otherwise if you choose to, but expect to be called out every time you say Metroid has 1 character.
It's still Samus, they're semi-interchangable characters, they're all in the same slot, it's 1 character in definition. And to just go ahead and say "That's enough for Metroid" is again insulting.

?????????????

Smash Master
I also agree that an Awakening rep is more likely than Roy, but I would say that Uprising did change the game a little bit.
Uprising re-invented the Kid Icarus franchise, and introduced many new and interesting personalities. I would go as far to say that without Pit and Palutena's playful banter, the game would not have been as entertaining as it was.
Sure, the game focused on Pit. But it also made it so that the Kid Icarus franchise could not be complete without Palutena. Palutena broke free from her damsel in distress role and became not only the DiD, but the secondary hero/sidekick, and even the VILLAIN at one point.
So I am sticking with my claim that Palutena is very necessary. Arguably as necessary as Lucas was.
For these reasons, I DO like Palutena as the most probable choice for a second Kid Icarus character, should it receive one. However, I still hold that the situation is not the same as Lucas' addition; if Palutena were added, it would be a kind of character addition we've never seen in SSB before.

Another thing that holds me back on Palutena is her role; yes, she is Pit's secondary, and in Uprising, an integral part of his character. However, this does not necessarily correlate her to being playable in SSB, since she does not actively participate in combat, usually just sending minions to accomplish tasks. I would have said the same about Rosalina before her playable appearance in Mario 3D World.

To me, Palutena is to Pit as Doc Louis is to Mac. Yes, we know they can fight, but they're just as suited or perhaps better suited to just helping the main character. My opinion, anyway. Wouldn't mind Palutena being playable one bit, wouldn't mind Doc Louis being playable one bit.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
It is a requirement to release it in 2014 as it marks the 125th anniversary of Nintendo and the 15th anniversary of the Super Smash Bros series.
Also the fact that Nintendo desperately needs these games released ASAP so they can actually hold on to this generation of consoles.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Because of the recent success of Super Star Ultra before the game's development.

Do you think for a second, that if Return to Dreamland was a one player-only game where you can play as multiple characters, that Bandanna Dee would be playable?
If they felt that they needed four different playstyles, then yes he most likely would be in Return to Dreamland. Since Gooey lacks limbs to represent a weapon style like Meta Knight, Dedede, and now Bandanna Dee do.

Considering I can already see it outlined in my mind, no, because Kirby will have too many characters.

They already put in Zero Suit Samus, an add-on character, over Ridley. Ridley is the definitive next character. Also, Anthony Higgs? At least it's not as bad as the people asking for a Hunter or Rundas.
No, Anthony is equally as bad as asking for Rundas or the Hunters. They are cool characters. But said characters, only have one game under their belt. Only if Anthony shows up again, will I change my mind on this matter.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom