• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Jigglypuff was almost cut out from Brawl, so I think she has a good chance of leaving if someone from Pokemon has to leave.
Yeah but being in for three games in a row kind of makes cutting Jigglypuff seem like a bad idea.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Care to explain?
I would agree, but PT is so important to Pokémon as a whole that I feel it would be ridiculous to cut him.
Although I don't think that Pokémon Trainer and Charizard is impossible.
Pokemon Trainer will not be cut,BUT ,a change for his Pokemon or making him Solo Charizard is pretty likely IMO.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
PT is the most expendable, TBH.
The best representation of pokemon overall is the most expendable? It is you, the playable character, you don't play as pokemon, you play the trainer.
Jigglypuff was almost cut out from Brawl, so I think she has a good chance of leaving if someone from Pokemon has to leave.
Are we even sure on this? Sure, she was added in late, but who's to say that wasn't deliberate? Just like Mewtwo not getting in because he was possibly one of the last planned unlockable characters, as, for the most part, the unlockable characters were added into the game in the order they were available to unlock.

The only Pokémon character who is going to be cut is Lucario, and Lucario is very likely to get in so...
Fixed a major error.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Sakurai is not going to add Charizard if it means destroying a veteran. What reason would Pokemon Trainer even be cut? I hear ridiculous reasons like, "Oh, it's a lot of characters! Must cut!" or Squirtler and Ivyasaur aren't important on their own. Well, guess what together as one character they are the most important after Pikachu. If you think Mewtwo is going to get in over them you're crazy. Especially since he's not even being as heavily advertised as those 3 Pokemon are along with Red.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Sakurai is not going to add Charizard if it means destroying a veteran. What reason would Pokemon Trainer even be cut? I hear ridiculous reasons like, "Oh, it's a lot of characters! Must cut!" or Squirtler and Ivyasaur aren't important on their own. Well, guess what together as one character they are the most important after Pikachu. If you think Mewtwo is going to get in over them you're crazy. Especially since he's not even being as heavily advertised as those 3 Pokemon are along with Red.
I agree with you, but I think that Mewtwo is more important than Squirtle and Ivysaur.
Charizard is more important than Mewtwo though. Only slightly.

Rouge

Smash Journeyman
Pokemon Trainer is definitely staying. They may change his appearance and Pokemon though, it doesn't have to be Red again.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Care to explain?
I would agree, but PT is so important to Pokémon as a whole that I feel it would be ridiculous to cut him.
Although I don't think that Pokémon Trainer and Charizard is impossible.
Takes the longest time to develop. Besides, take a look at the others: Lucario and Mewtwo are promoted just as much, possibly even more so than Charizard or any of PT's Pokémon. And Jiggs is fairly quick to build, thanks to her shape.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I agree with you, but I think that Mewtwo is more important than Squirtle and Ivysaur.
Considering Charizard's only real importance stems from the anime and Mewtwo, while also having big importance from movies, also has plot importance to the original games and the Gen 3 remakes, I highly concur.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Considering Charizard's only real importance stems from the anime and Mewtwo, while also having big importance from movies, also has plot importance to the original games and the Gen 3 remakes, I highly concur.
I think that Mewtwo is more important overall.
But according to fans Charizard is most important. Do you know what I mean?
Even if only slightly, Charizard is more popular in the long run. I don't necessarily agree with it, but it's the truth.
He should really get the same attention as all the other starters, but along with Mewtwo he is the only Pokémon to receive 2 Mega Evos.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I am now obsessed with Paper Mario.
Dimentio for Smash Bros.
He could be a rep for Paper Mario as a series and would flat like Mr. Game and Watch. He could play like Mewtwo with a lots more teleporting to troll people.
His rival could be Lord Crump from Paper Mario ttyd as they both are the minions of the main villains :)

Forcerounds

Smash Journeyman
If Pokemon Trainer is going to change, I'd prefer Squirtle and Ivysaur to be replaced with Blastoise and Venusaur. Then Charizard could be the fastest of the three and Blastoise, the slowest.

I also kind of want a Kalos Pokemon Trainer with Greninja, Braixen, and Chespin, but I wouldn't go so far as to put him/her on a prediction roster.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I think that Mewtwo is more important overall.
But according to fans Charizard is most important. Do you know what I mean?
Even if only slightly, Charizard is more popular in the long run. I don't necessarily agree with it, but it's the truth.
Well Charizard is overrated as sin, so of course it's going to be thought of as important, but in the initial series overall, Mewtwo is actually the most important Pokemon character in the Smash Bros series, if you don't count the fact that Pokemon trainer is in fact Red, who has the biggest game-wise importance for a pokemon character. Then again, you really need to know the full story of the original pokemon games to understand why Mewtwo is so important.

I am now obsessed with Paper Mario.
Really? Because it looks like you want to show us some magic oh pleaser of crowds and master of dimensions.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
Well, I wouldn't look too deeply into what characters are likely.
I remembered the one issue we have with Pokemon: Some people think that someone's going to get cut. They never really give a superbly powerful explanation. I'm not debunking or attacking anyone here, but it happens. And then a vile arguement starts.

My Thoughts
-Pikachu is confirmed already.
-Jigglypuff is part of the OG. Some people can say things, but Sakurai will likely hold his bias and has kept her.
-PT can either be Red or a new Trainer. Having a new one is not necessarily cutting it.
-Lucario is still popular, I don't see this cut happening.
-Mewtwo is likely going to return.
-Less fighting about new reps, moreso about them SLOTS.

Now, I'm just going to sit back and watch.

Louie G, care to pass the popcorn? :troll:

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
In Brawl's data, Jigglypuff is one of the last characters in there, being along side Wolf, Toon Link, and the cut Melee veterans.
How is that almost being cut?

Yeah, no. He's not. Especially not according to Sakurai. Red is getting his own Anime too and Pokemon Trainer and his Pokemon are heavily promoted in X & Y. Combining that with him already being THE most important after Pikachu, nothing has changed.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Thank you BigAxle, for summing that up very nicely.
Well Charizard is overrated as sin, so of course it's going to be thought of as important, but in the initial series overall, Mewtwo is actually the most important Pokemon character in the Smash Bros series, if you don't count the fact that Pokemon trainer is in fact Red, who has the biggest game-wise importance for a pokemon character. Then again, you really need to know the full story of the original pokemon games to understand why Mewtwo is so important.
Eh...
I mean, saying that Mewtwo is more important than Pikachu...
That's pushing it. Story wise, yes, but in the long run, there is nobody that even touches Pikachu's importance.
And I mean, Pokémon Trainer is who you control, so he'd be the only character I put above Pikachu.
I would say that Mewtwo is an easy 3rd though.
Yeah, no. He's not. Especially not according to Sakurai. Red is getting his own Anime too and Pokemon Trainer and his Pokemon are heavily promoted in X & Y. Combining that with him already being THE most important after Pikachu, nothing has changed.
Is that implying that Mewtwo ISN'T heavily promoted? And he got a movie. So I mean, I see where you're coming from, but Mewtwo is definitely up there in importance.

Now onto something else. Who has the best shot of being the next Pokémon reveal?
If it's out of the blue I say Jigglypuff, but if it's Pokémon Bank that's a tougher call.

SuperBrawler

Smash Master
I remembered the one issue we have with Pokemon: Some people think that someone's going to get cut. They never really give a superbly powerful explanation. I'm not debunking or attacking anyone here, but it happens. And then a vile arguement starts.

My Thoughts
-Jigglypuff is part of the OG. Some people can say things, but Sakurai will likely hold his bias and has kept her.
-PT can either be Red or a new Trainer. Having a new one is not necessarily cutting it.

What about Pichu?

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Meh, never really understood the appeal of PT, you play Pokémon for the Pokémon, not the trainer character, who has little personality.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Pokemon Trainer is definitely staying. They may change his appearance and Pokemon though, it doesn't have to be Red again.
I wouldn't mind seeing Totodile and Grovyle taking Squirtle and Ivy's spots. By doing that, it can easily give us three generations to represent (which might not happen).

My Thoughts

Give this man a cookie! Summed up every damn thought about each character

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom