• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace
Well, if I may offer my own opinionated take on perceived priority of the Pokemon series in Super Smash Brothers:

Pikachu
Pokemon Trainer
Mewtwo/Lucario
Jigglypuff
Other
Pichu

Don't wound me now, Morbid.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Meh, never really understood the appeal of PT, you play Pokémon for the Pokémon, not the trainer character, who has little personality.
The problem with Pokemon Trainer is two things.

1. Stamina.
2. Elemental weakness/strength, especially for Ivysaur.

You could also throw in movesets, since they are pretty lackluster.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Meh, never really understood the appeal of PT, you play Pokémon for the Pokémon, not the trainer character, who has little personality.
Well you get to play as Charizard and Squirtle. And their evolution lines are my favorites in all of Pokemon Red and Blue. Ivysaur is cool too. Get rid of the stamina and weakness thing though.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Im pretty sure that the only intentional cuts were YL, replaced by TL, and Pichu, who was literally a joke. :D

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
The problem with Pokemon Trainer is two things.

1. Stamina.
2. Elemental weakness/strength, especially for Ivysaur.

You could also throw in movesets, since they are pretty lackluster.
-I honestly hate Ivysaur's moveset really bad. Bullet Seed, to me, is one of the worst moves in Brawl itself in terms of usability.
-Why do we have moves that do no damage and push people back (LOOKING AT YOU, SQUIRTLE AND MARIO)-That literally requires lots of planning for that to work effectively. It slows them down for a quick second, and by the time you are done with ending frames, the opposition just is right back where they were.
-Don't get me started on Rock Smash with Charizard.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Im pretty sure that the only intentional cuts were YL, replaced by TL, and Pichu, who was literally a joke. :D
Yep. But I'm not too sure of Dr. Mario(read: Smash Bros.'s Akuma)coming back. I kind of liked him. Though I would hope he gets tweaked a little if he's ever added to Smash 4.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
-I honestly hate Ivysaur's moveset really bad. Bullet Seed, to me, is one of the worst moves in Brawl itself in terms of usability.
-Why do we have moves that do no damage and push people back? That literally requires lots of planning for that to work. It slows them down, and by the time you are done with ending frames, the opposition just is right back where they were.
Team up with a friend, both of you using Charizard, go to Boss Battles, spam Rock Smash.

You'll hate the move a lot less ;)

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Roy would then instantly have the advantage over Ivysaur. :troll:
Not in Project M, considering the type effectiveness and stamina mechanics were removed.

Thank god too, poor Ivysaur got the short end of stick. Weak to fire, which is a highly recurring type of attack that many characters have, while having a resistance to water, which pretty much only applies to Mario and Squirtle.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
By almost not making it? Sounds pretty close to almost being cut to me.
How is that almost not making it? Somebody has to be at the bottom. Just because you were the least priority of the most prioritized characters doesn't mean you were close to not making it. How do you know Jigglypuff was lower priority than say the event matches, or some of the stages? How do you know those stages didn't come after her because if they did she clearly was nowhere near close to being cut.

Here's the truth. Don't take it too hard, but here it is.
Pichu has absolutely no merits aside from being a clone.
upload_2013-12-30_18-36-17.jpeg

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Yep. But I'm not too sure of Dr. Mario(read: Smash Bros.'s Akuma)coming back. I kind of liked him. Though I would hope he gets tweaked a little if he's ever added to Smash 4.
Ya I hope if he comes back hes bumped to a semi clone, otherwise its perfect alt costume material.

-Why do we have moves that do no damage and push people back (LOOKING AT YOU, SQUIRTLE AND MARIO)-That literally requires lots of planning for that to work effectively. It slows them down for a quick second, and by the time you are done with ending frames, the opposition just is right back where they were.
Edgeguarding. Causes pushback without an opportunity for a up-b reset.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
You don't know how happy I would be if FLUDD did damage. Like, I would tap dance to Delfino Plaza's theme. But not really. Still would be happy as hell.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
How is that almost not making it? Somebody has to be at the bottom. Just because you were the least priority of the most prioritized characters doesn't mean you were close to not making it. How do you know Jigglypuff was lower priority than say the event matches, or some of the stages? How do you know those stages didn't come after her because if they did she clearly was nowhere near close to being cut.

View attachment 5590
COMING FROM a guy that says Ghirahim, Midna, Impa, Vaati ain't happening.
379ch.gif

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
..Wait, when did Dr. Mario become a Shoto?

Oh wait.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
As much as I love Jiggs, she was dangerously close to not making the cut.
She was added after Sonic, which was after the game was delayed.
If the game had gone as planned, Jiggs, Toon Link, and Wolf may have not made the final roster.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Not in Project M, considering the type effectiveness and stamina mechanics were removed.

Thank god too, poor Ivysaur got the short end of stick. Weak to fire, which is a highly recurring type of attack that many characters have, while having a resistance to water, which pretty much only applies to Mario and Squirtle.
Yeah Xenoblaze,we all know you love Project M.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Is it time for BRIGHTLY COLORED PILLS????
Yes? Yes! Anyway, You think his pills should have different properties depending on their colors? Like Red burn, Blue freeze, Yellow shock. Maybe multi-colors can explode? Should he have a Tornado? If so, should it be like Doc's Melee version or Mario's Melee version.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
hey guys, I have decided that I want to stick around here, ^_^
and in doing so for spite of it, I made my first roster:bee:
Empty Roster.png

explanation:
Rosalina: confirmed ^_^
Dixie: seems popular plus in tropical freeze
Tetra: seems to be one of the likeliest Zelda reps, so I just choose her
Ridley: massive popularity
little mac: seems to be a guarantee, along with having his stage in game too
Palutena: popular and seems a shoein for a second Icarus rep
hades: sounds like a good idea, plus villain
mewtwo: massive outcry for this guy
lyn: seems to be one of the unique sword fighter lords form fire emblem, so she seems likely
shulk: new very popular IP
Isaac: very popular character, so seems like a good idea
mii: customization
cutted wolf: I mainly did this just to tick off a certain specific person:smirk::smash:
what do you guys think, hmm?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom