• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
40 Slots? Cut Brawl Veterans? Chrom over Ike? Assist Trophies suddenly higher priority? No Snake? What is this?
The future.:troll:

Off topic but what the **** happened to Smashboards' theme/layout and how do I change it back?

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
It's still Samus, they're semi-interchangable characters, they're all in the same slot, it's 1 character in definition.
Except they aren't. They're two characters according to Sakurai.
Sheik is her own character. Charizard is his own character. Squirtle is his own character. Ivysaur is her own character. Zero Suit Samus is her own character.
It may still be Samus, but Zero Suit Samus still took as much development time as any other character, which is why she is her own character and the second Metroid character.

And to just go ahead and say "That's enough for Metroid" is again insulting.
I don't think anyone is saying this.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Prepare to be dissapointed because that might end up being the case. Except Lucario, there's no reason for him not to get in.
I don't think that Lucario will be cut, but if Sakurai had to choose 4 Pokémon characters, it would be him or Mewtwo, and Mewtwo would win.
Off topic but what the **** happened to Smashboards' theme/layout and how do I change it back?
You don't. :p
Literally, you don't.
It's still Samus, they're semi-interchangable characters, they're all in the same slot, it's 1 character in definition. And to just go ahead and say "That's enough for Metroid" is again insulting.
It's also insulting to see Palutena replaced by some random character with zero chance every new roster you have.
But that's just me. :happysheep:

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Zero Suit Samus doesn't mean Metroid has enough, but it certainly makes it so that Ridley isn't 100% essential. Not that Sakurai ever considered him as such.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Who wants Slippy? Clearly he's the most popular character in the world. Not even Sonic would reach Slippy's hype levels. I think Sakurai was waiting to get his moveset just right before adding him. :troll:

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I disagree to, Jiggly would be the one to be cut.
I'd say the same if this was maybe Melee, but we're four games in now, and now that's just not realistic. Lucario can be as successful as it wants to be, but as of now it is easily the most expendable pokemon veteran, and none of them are easily expendable.

Pikachu: Definitve game mascot, most iconic pokemon of all time.

Pokemon Trainer: Icon of pokemon games, the playable character, one of best possible representations of pokemon yet, has three amazingly popular and well-known pokemon.

Jigglypuff: Hugely iconic character of Smash Bros, has had a very long history with the series, represents both old and new generations of pokemon with iconic look and new type, still very beloved by Japan.

Mewtwo: The definitive pokemon icon after Pikachu, one of the world's most famous pokemon, represents the mighty legendaries of the series, biggest icon of the new generation, biggest movie star.

Lucario: The newer generation's iconic pokemon, represents the newer ages of pokemon, but in terms of overall importance to the series overall, Lucario falls behind, and while super popular now, is still the most expendable overall.

Last edited:

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
And then it goes like:
"Who cares about the Original 12, Lucario is more important than Jiggs."
Salkurai is bias enough to prioritize Jigglypuff over Lucario and for that very reason. He's also bias enough to prioritize Lucario over Mewtwo.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Salkurai is bias enough to prioritize Jigglypuff over Lucario and for that very reason. He's also bias enough to prioritize Lucario over Mewtwo.
Why does everyone call Sakurai bias?
At one point he's so modest that he refuses to add Waddle Dee and Palutena, and then he's so bias that he makes Meta Knight top tier and prioritizes the Original 12 over all the others.
So which one is it? Really?

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Why does everyone call Sakurai bias?
At one point he's so modest that he refuses to add Waddle Dee and Palutena, and then he's so bias that he makes Meta Knight top tier and prioritizes the Original 12 over all the others.
So which one is it? Really?
Are you implying Sakurai is consistent? :laugh:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
http://mynintendonews.com/2013/12/3...super-smash-bros-3ds-wii-u-completed-in-2014/
So this article is on a interview with Sakurai and it seems Sakurai really wants to see this game in 2014, even making it his New Year's Resolution. Thoughts?
Am I the only one who wants it to be released around Christmas time next year?

I have a new roster. It has about six less characters, but I think everyone will be satisfied with it.
View attachment 5585
I disagree due to the lack of Lucario. If you don't mind me asking, why remove him and readd Mewtwo instead of both? All that will do is continue the Brawl days of Lucario being added and people think Lucario replaced Mewtwo

My roster,I'm ready.
Replace Robin with Roy/Lyn/Lucina/Chrom. While I'm somewhat mixed on Pac-Man, I'll welcome him. other than that, a 9/10

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

It's missing the most important character slot, the random option!
Random option brings unexpected choices. There are no universally unexpected choices on this roster.

What joke? I saw no joke.
The joke is that if we base our rosters on rules or probability, we get a bare-bones playable cast.

Here's my real roster:
RPOFMNX's Prediction Mk. 3 Roster.png

I still think it's great. The only wild card here is Ghirahim.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
I'd say the same if this was maybe Melee, but we're four games in now, and now that's just not realistic. Lucario can be as successful as it wants to be, but as of now it is easily the most expendable pokemon veteran, and none of them are easily expendable.
Jigglypuff was almost cut out from Brawl, so I think she has a good chance of leaving if someone from Pokemon has to leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom