• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Sakurai is non canon, therefore logic is invalid when speculating. :p

I'm just messing with you. Anyway, if Phantom Zelda is part of Zelda's move set then Toon Zelda is not happening. We're not going to have a Toon part of a character in Adult Zelda's move set if there was a Toon Zelda.
Yay somebody gets my nonsense for once!!!

D

Deleted member

Yeah, it's the exact same pose in both pics.
But....said pose appears to be brand new.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Before the inevitable Toon Zelda argument, just something I want to point out:

She has the same exact pose in this picture as in the one with the knight thing. Except in this one there's no knight.

I'm calling AT until we get further confirmation.
Unless the attack is a counter, or has animation frames before the phantom is summoned or disappears. There's no reason for it not to be an attack given the context of the screenshots, the only question is how it all works.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Sure it's not just that one taunt? The one from brawl?

EDIT: never mind I'm just really tired to see things. Its clearly not it.

D

Deleted member

Unless Toon Zelda is a clone.
A very low priority clone is the only way I see her getting in at this point. I don't see her getting in ahead of Mewtwo + Brawl veterans (minus likely Snake) I would probably expect Roy and Dixie Kong before Toon Zelda as well.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
There are two different Toon Zeldas, just like there are two different Toon Links.

Don't forget when Wind Waker Toon Link's chance was hurt by how the Toon Link from Spirit Tracks was shown on the Spirit Train stage. Yet, Toon Link returned. They are two seperate individuals, the same goes for the two Toon Zeldas.

I personally don't think Toon Zelda's chance has been affect much by this. Toon Zelda still has a chance, with Tetra as a transformation, or perhaps just one of them. The fact that the other Toon Zelda is present in the game as Phantom Zelda, most likely as an Assist Trophy does not harm her chances much.

EDIT: Somehow Toon Zelda as a clone is unlikely to Saturn. How Toon Zelda is unlikely to get in as a Zelda clone I have no freaking clue.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
A very low priority clone is the only way I see her getting in at this point. I don't see her getting in ahead of Mewtwo, Brawl veterans (minus likely Snake), Dixie Kong. I would probably expect Roy before Toon Zelda as well.
Yeah I'm not saying her chances are great, I'm just saying this reveal doesn't push her off the table like some are claiming.

Solid rebuttal Saturn. :rolleyes:

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Don't forget when Wind Waker Toon Link's chance was hurt by how the Toon Link from Spirit Tracks was shown on the Spirit Train stage. Yet, Toon Link returned. They are two seperate individuals, the same goes for the two Toon Zeldas.
This only matters if that's an Assist Trophy.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
If it's a move, it harms her chances really bad.

If it's an assist, not so much.

That's pretty much my entire opinion there.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Here's a slightly strange thought.

The Phantom performs her Smash attacks. Zelda uses that pose in the charge up phase, but it can also be a taunt to act as a fake out.

It'd be really weird, but it'd fit with Zelda being a magical genius.

idk how it would fit into her moveset personally. Getting rid of one of Nayru, Din and Farore would be really odd, especially when you keep the other two. Sheik helped to make Zelda unique so I don't see transforming being erased (it'd be like hitting the undo button, especially on a game focusing on unique characters).

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
While I still prefer her SS design, I like that Sakurai went with updating her animations when choosing her TP design. It's great to see Zelda have some personality rather than having the expressionless, but somewhat elegant, poker face she had in Melee/Brawl.

Sure it's not just that one taunt? The one from brawl?
Pretty much what I'd bet it is.

Unless it's some sort of lighting effect that makes the Dark Nut's armor look pinkish, I'm in the boat in betting that Toon Zelda is an Assist Trophy.

D

Deleted member

Yeah I'm not saying her chances are great, I'm just saying this reveal doesn't push her off the table like some are claiming.
I think at this point if we were to get Toon Zelda, I would be expecting fifty-five or more characters for the final roster (transformation included). I am doubting we will see more than fifty-three for the final roster, which is why I don't expect her. But I do see where you're coming from.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
It's not her taunt, at all. You can even look at the expression on her face and see that they are not the same. If anything, her pose is more in line with her standard A move attack.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Why assume all these crazy counter move and semi-taunt-smash-attacks ideas? The simplest logical conclusion is that the knight is unrelated until we have further proof.

And no, it has no effect on Toon Zelda. If anything, given that all the mario characters being revealed led to Rosalina, I'd wager Zelda and Toon Link both appearing boosts the chances that we get a Toon Zelda trailer.

?????????????

Smash Master
It'll be interesting to see what it all means. Unrelated? New combo? New special? Sheik replacement? Toon Zelda deconfirmation? Toon Zelda clone? Who knows.

...I kinda doubt it's completely unrelated though, since it was revealed alongside Zelda as opposed to being revealed as a separate entity. Could be, though.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Why assume all these crazy counter move and semi-taunt-smash-attacks ideas? The simplest logical conclusion is that the knight is unrelated until we have further proof.

And no, it has no effect on Toon Zelda. If anything, given that all the mario characters being revealed led to Rosalina, I'd wager Zelda and Toon Link both appearing boosts the chances that we get a Toon Zelda trailer.
Or just tetra. That could happen.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
What we have to keep in mind is that Sakurai probably really just does all of this with the thought in mind "gee, that's a mighty nice picture we took. Let's add it to the website!", without ever really expecting so many people to go nuts over it.

There's no secret message about Toon Zelda's fate here, it's really just him showing off cool images with Zelda in them.
If anything, him being ok with posting the knight picture implies it means NOTHING, since if it did, he would have kept it to himself for the future.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Toon Zelda was clearly implemented in Brawl for no other reason, but last minute filler. What other reason would Sakurai invent Toon Sheik who doesn't even exist? Anyway, to assume Toon Zelda is still likely is to assume Sakurai decides to start by taking a concept he had only to fill a slot at the last minute, coming up with the idea to edit that concept by adding a brand new character to it, and still thinking a second Toon incarnation from the same franchise warrants a slot over other characters so long as it has Tetra, which we are assuming he sees fit as a concept to what we are assuming is a character he sees reason to revive...

Basically, the concept of Toon Zelda returning relies on Tetra. Seems rather odd that he would add a second incarnation clone to the same franchise just as an excuse to have Tetra, who doesn't even seem to be all that important to Zelda.

Starbound

I don't see why he would confirm an AT with a character. If it is, it'd be all kinda of misleading.

Starfy, Nintendog and Skull Kid were each confirmed for AT status in their own pic of the day. Why would Phantom/Toon/Potato Zelda be any different?

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Can we please stop assuming that because we feel trolled that Sakurai actually takes the effort to troll people. :facepalm:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
IIRC, it wasn't directly said that Starfy was an AT, even though it's obvious he is.

Phantom Zelda has yet to be confirmed as an AT or attack, but to jump to the conclusion that this version of Toon Zelda is either just seems silly to me.

?????????????

Smash Master
Can we please stop assuming that because we feel trolled that Sakurai actually takes the effort to troll people. :facepalm:
I dunno...that opening to the Wii Fit Trainer reveal was pretty much trolly.

I don't think it's trolling, I think Sakurai just has a damn good sense of humor.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Having trailers open by looking like another game is a deliberate act of trolling, even if Sakurai is unfamiliar with the term. He knows exactly what he's doing. :smirk:

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Toon Zelda is such a waste I really doubt she is coming in, her chances are almost as low as plusle and minun... I definitely think that pose is a new attack (possibly b down) where she sends that knight to attack or something.

D

Deleted member

Since Toon Zelda was actually planned for Brawl and not Plusle and Minun, I'd say that she's at least miles above them.

I'm thinking this is a replacement to Din's Fire more than anything else.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
if they replace dins, they replace nayru's and farore's.

they cant just scrap one and not the other two, no matter how bad the scrapped one is

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I'd say tetra's the third most important Zelda character not in smash, after impa and tingle.

But not really anyone, or at least not many are fond of them

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Since Toon Zelda was actually planned for Brawl and not Plusle and Minun, I'd say that she's at least miles above them.

I'm thinking this is a replacement to Din's Fire more than anything else.
I thought there was a line of code for plus and min, lets see toonzelda, toon sheik, dixie, roy, mewtwo, plus/min, and dr. mario right? The forbidden 7?(I may be misinformed.)

Edit: I just looked it up and am totally spot on.

Starbound

So I was just thinking that the year ends in 5 days.

And just look at all the info we got about this game, especially considering that all we knew in January was that the games existed.

Here's all we've got:
-20 characters, 4 of which are newcomers
-22 stages
-10 items, 2 are new
-3 assist trophy characters, 1 of which is new

Compare this to Brawl, and how this year has been so much better thus far than Brawl's development cycle. Within 6 months of the E3 trailer, we had:
- 6 veteran confirmations (Mario, Pikachu, Link, Kirby, Samus and Fox) and 5 newcomer confirmations (Meta Knight, Pit, Zero Suit Samus, Wario and Snake), which is just over half of what we have now
- 3 stages (Battlefield, Castle Seige and Halberd)
- 1 new item (Smash Ball)

Here's to another great year for Smash 4! (especially because it's release year, assuming all things work out)

D

Deleted member

"pra_mai" isn't Plusle and Minun.
No one knows what in the Hell it is, but it ain't the two rats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom