• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
I'm just impressed that so many people correctly predicted this one. A lot of people suggested that Zelda would be unveiled today, and they ended up being right. So Sakurai does prove at least somewhat predictable sometimes.

D

Deleted member

Logic points to it not being P+M.
Community believes "Toon Sheik" is Tetra, but it's pretty damn clear it was a "Toon Sheik" in the long run.

?????????????

Smash Master
Well its what the community "assumed" it was, which is why I made that statement, anyways they are both terrible additions..
The main argument against that that's been pointed out is that while Plusle and Minun's names would have been abbreviated as "pra_mai," no other character was like that; for instance Zero Suit Samus was spelled out as "ZeroSuitSamus," and the Ice Climbers have two separate files labeled "Nana" and "Popo." It seems very inconsistent that Plusle and Minun would: A.) Share their file and B.) Be abbreviated. Not impossible, though.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Logic points to it not being P+M.
Community believes "Toon Sheik" is Tetra, but it's pretty damn clear it was a "Toon Sheik" in the long run.
Well does it really matter? neither of them are probably gonna make it, and the logic behind my post still stands... which was toon zelda probably stands as much a chance as pra mai or whatever which is probably notta..

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Plusle and Minun would've had to have been scrapped crazy early in development for pra_mai to be them. All other pairs had one folder for each character in the pair.

Doesn't it roughly translate to "every character" or "my character"?

?????????????

Smash Master
Every series must have a new female rep. Let's see Dixie, Tetra, Palutena, Ribbon, Krystal, Jody Summer, Female Pokemon Trainer, Robin (F), and Kumatora.

D

Deleted member

Actually, Plusle and Minun would not be "pra_mai".
They'd be:

"prasleminun" (Like their trophy)
"pra_min"
"pra_mi"

Their names are "Prasle" and "Minun" in Japan through Romaji. "Mainun" only comes from the Kana used for Minun's name. At which Plusle would be "Purasuru".
You can't mix the two different sets. Especially while Lucario and Mewtwo for example are Romaji in the data rather than the direct Kana reading "rukario" and "myuutsu".

EDIT:
"Doesn't it roughly translate to "every character" or "my character"?"

No.
While "mai" can mean "each" or "my", "pra" cannot mean "player" like some theorize (let alone "character").
If it was "prei", then yes, it could be "player", as player in katakana is プレーヤー which is "pureeyaa" and would be on the order of "Preiyah" in Romaji. But then again, why would the word be cut short like that?

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Every series must have a new female rep. Let's see Dixie, Tetra, Palutena, Ribbon, Krystal, Jody Summer, Female Pokemon Trainer, Robin (F), and Kumatora.
No, just no

Of all left, I'd like to see Dixie, Palutena, and maybe Lips make the roster

?????????????

Smash Master
I've got it. Every character on the roster has a gender swapped version.

They already did it for Wii Fit Trainer!

D

Deleted member

That's something I didn't need to see right before going to sleep. -_-

Going to effing haunt my nightmares now.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
So yeah... I'm pretty damn happy right now.

I can assure you all someday either tomorrow or in the weeks to come we will get more intel on that Phantom, because that looks super interesting. It can go both ways: a direct confirmation of what it is, like so many things before it, or Sakurai will troll us, much like what he did and is doing to the Ridley fans with Pyrosphere.

Still, we've gotta see! Love this Zelda, shaping up to be great! Merry Christmas!!!! (I guess it's a gift...)

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Every character on the roster has a gender swapped alt?

Here's Marth's female alt!

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I dunno...that opening to the Wii Fit Trainer reveal was pretty much trolly.
That's my point! YOU FEEL trolled and thus you conclude the reaction of disappointment you got was intended by him. Sakurai showed off Wii Fit Trainer to impress and surprise people with a unique character. Not to piss people off. You all think there's some stupid conspiracy behind everything like that Ridley statement. You all want something or are upset by something so you make yourselves believe that Sakurai is edging you on to it or flipping you off. He doesn't have the time to simultaneously appeal to and intentionally take time out of his day to troll a small group of fans at the same time. Sakurai doesn't read requests and is like "Oh, North Americans really want Ridley, I'm going to take the time and effort to post vague comments and develop backgrounds in stages to piss them off." Sakurai has never added Ridley and then he made him a boss. Chances are, simply announcing him as a stage hazard isn't as a big of a deal to him as you all make it. He can't do everything at once.

"Oh! I'm upset Starfy is an Assist Trophy. Sakurai probably didn't make him a character because he wanted to **** with people."

?????????????

Smash Master
That's my point! YOU FEEL trolled and thus you conclude the reaction of disappointment you got was intended by him. Sakurai showed off Wii Fit Trainer to impress and surprise people with a unique character. Not to piss people off. You all think there's some stupid conspiracy behind everything like that Ridley statement. You all want something or are upset by something so you make yourselves believe that Sakurai is edging you on to it or flipping you off. He doesn't have the time to simultaneously appeal to and intentionally take time out of his day to troll a small group of fans at the same time. Sakurai doesn't read requests and is like "Oh, North Americans really want Ridley, I'm going to take the time and effort to post vague comments and develop backgrounds in stages to piss them off." Sakurai has never added Ridley and then he made him a boss. Chances are, simply announcing him as a stage hazard isn't as a big of a deal to him as you all make it. He can't do everything at once.

"Oh! I'm upset Starfy is an Assist Trophy. Sakurai probably didn't make him a character because he wanted to **** with people."
Oh. I never thought trolling was a BAD thing. I think Sakurai's actions are incredibly amusing. In a good way.

masterluigi1

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2621-2623-2545

Sakurai has actually trolled a person on miiverse about wanting shrek in
http://kotaku.com/this-guy-really-wants-shrek-to-be-in-the-new-smash-bros-1155777006

Smashiny

Smash Journeyman
Didn't read the last couple of pages, but this deconfirms toon zelda/ tetra (toon sheik), right? I mean with the pink Phantom and all, that was her phantom design in spirit tracks :)

LordJackal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lordjackal92
I'm not sure if the Phantom is part of her moveset; there's another screenshot where she's doing a similar pose, but there's no Phantom, so the two could be unrelated.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
What would be your reaction is the Phantom is a replacement for Zelda's Down-B and Sheik is cut and substituted with the standalone Impa?

Personally, I would only care because Diddy made me like Impa, haha, but otherwise it wouldn't really affect me much considering I never really play(ed) Zelda or Sheik to any major degree.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Nice to see Zelda confirmed, and with a possible new move drawing from Spirit Tracks no less. Hopefully we'll get the specifics on that move because I'd like to know how she summons it and how it functions.

Btw, this is the third time Peach has tried to steal away another Princess' lover, she's violating my precious OTPS!

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
What would be your reaction is the Phantom is a replacement for Zelda's Down-B and Sheik is cut and substituted with the standalone Impa?

Personally, I would only care because Diddy made me like Impa, haha, but otherwise it wouldn't really affect me much considering I never really play(ed) Zelda or Sheik to any major degree.
Would rather have Impa, so I'd react favourably.

Especially when I see all the rage just spilling out of SmashBoards. :awesome:

Not so much when I realize I have to attempt to moderate it. :teeth:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
So happy with Zelda!!! I hope she gets a new Down+B... maybe the Phantom Knight from Spirit Tracks? I hope it means she is finally separate from Sheik and Sheik is ultimately replaced with Impa... and Toon Zelda isn't getting in because Zelda got the Phantom Knight.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I'm not that much of a fan of Zelda.
Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf is all I need. Anyone else is a bonus for me.

Then again, I'd kinda miss Sheik because every fighting game should have at least one ninja.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Lol at people believing a dead normal Phantom (Who isn't Toon Zelda possessing it by the way) somehow "disconfirms" Toon Zelda from making it in. You guys are funny. xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom