• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
So apparently Zelda's Phantom summoning boosts Toon Zelda's chances.. (despite Sakurai ranting about the priority of bringing original movesets).
But Villager's Balloon recovery, totally seals Balloon Fighter's fate. :rolleyes:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...

Tell me. Do you see any glowing eyes on this phantom? That always indicated that Zelda is possessing it. Not to mention that pink glow at its back in your picture which we can't see in this one unfortunately. The phantoms only look like this normally. Only when Zelda possesses them these glows show up. In other words,this doesn't disconfirm anything in regards to wether Toon Zelda will be playable or not and that this is just a dead normal phantom. :rolleyes:

Smashiny

Smash Journeyman

Tell me. Do you see any glowing eyes on this phantom? That usually indicated that Zelda is possessing it. Not to mention that pink glow at its back in your picture which we can't see in this one unfortunately. The phantoms only look like this normally. Only when Zelda possesses them these glows show up. In other words,this doesn't disconfirm anything in regards to wether Toon Zelda will be playable or not and that this is just a dead normal phantom. :rolleyes:

Phantom colour = pink ...It isn't a normal phantom because of that, it's just designed a bit differently probably because she's not really "in the suit itself" this time around, and she has her own eyes available :)
Well that's my opinion anyway...

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Phantom colour = pink ...It isn't a normal phantom because of that, it's just designed a bit differently probably because she's not really "in the suit itself" this time around, and she has her own eyes available :)
Well that's my opinion anyway...
I'm not so sure about that, it sounds pretty farfetched, the phantom still looks pretty normal to me.

Not to mention Zelda never really went inside a phantom with her whole self.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Normal dead phantoms are gray. The phantom possessed by Toon Zelda is pink. Zelda's phantom in SSB4 is pink.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I don't see the point in someone photoshoping something like that.
but there have been many other obvious signs that Sakurai is a troll from many of his daily pic comments
People have photoshopped for less, most likely someone wanted to spread false information for a laugh, drew up the picture and Kotaku jumped on it like a bunch of hungry dogs looking for scraps not minding the maggots littering it.

LordJackal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lordjackal92
Putting the phantom as Zelda's moveset doesn't make any sense to me. I really think it's separate.

I mean, if it really is part of her moveset, it would have to be there ALL THE TIME, because having her just show up for one attack would be kind of...meh. Yet it's not present in any other screens (and there's a screen with Zelda in the same pose with no Phantom)

It would also entail not just getting rid of the transformation aspect of Zelda, but reworking her moveset entirely, since they're both on screen there so the Phantom must not be a character she transforms into. I don't see Sakurai drastically overhauling Zelda that much, taking away the magic focus to put an emphasis on controlling this armor (that also isn't present in other shots). I think we'll see the Phantom revealed as an assist or something.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Looks more like the lighting doing its thing really.
The more I look at it and see the other picture with Zelda doing the same pose, its an AT.

LordJackal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lordjackal92
Also, that Kotaku article says that the account isn't Sakurai's real account and the guy is clearly a troll...the Shrek thing is a troll and Kotaku never pretended otherwise.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Well, her design is from TP, so if it wasn't obvious with Link this just further proves my assumption that the Zelda series likely aren't getting a SS newcomer, and they're kept at TP to not outrun Ganondorf and Sheik.

Either Zelda's standard-b or down-b has been replaced it seems, or it's just an AT. I honestly wouldn't mind Sheik getting her own spot on the roster, if anything I only ever play Sheik of those two characters, so yeah. I guess we won't find out soon though, since Sheik was the last character shown on the Brawl site.

Either way, she looks good, and I'm excited that we're finally trimming down on the obvious characters.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
This hurts Toon Zelda's chances significantly I'd say!

Also looks like a Down B move here ;)

Unless the attack is a counter, or has animation frames before the phantom is summoned or disappears. There's no reason for it not to be an attack given the context of the screenshots, the only question is how it all works.
She can do that pose and the Phantom Knight could still be an attack. For all we know, Down B summons the Knight and it walks freely leaving Zelda being able to do whatever. And in this case, she taunts.

ZELDA IS GETTING MAJORLY REVAMPED AND NOW LOOKS TO PRETTY TO BE DRESSED UP AS A MAN!

Hate to tell ya but...

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Something tells me that phantom is just an assist trophy and that people are looking way too much into this.... Ah well, that's speculation I guess. :rolleyes:

Also Diddy, what's with the triple post?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Her taunt is a play on her being a damsel in distress. This animation looks more like "Get that ************!", and I don't see why she would have a taunt where she gets pissed.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Toon Zelda lovers, ask yourself this: why would they make a Zelda clone before using Sheik's leftover moveset to create Impa?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Why would Twilight Princess Zelda be summoning a Spirit Tracks Phantom in the first place? Sounds more like you are jumping into conclusion's to me.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Why would Twilight Princess Zelda be summoning a Spirit Tracks Phantom in the first place? Sounds more like you are jumping into conclusion's to me.
Cause all characters on their Dojo page are attacking, aside from Zelda. Phantom Knight probably IS an attack, and not a Final Smash. It would be weird if Nayru's Love or Din's Fire is gone, but not Faore's Wind.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Cause all characters on their Dojo page are attacking, aside from Zelda. Phantom Knight probably IS an attack, and not a Final Smash. It would be weird if Nayru's Love or Din's Fire is gone, but not Faore's Wind.
Yeah, that sounds more like a theory than something that is an actual fact. Especially since Zelda is doing this same animation in another picture and yet there is no Phantom showing up anywhere. :/

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Zelda's reveal says nothing in regards to Sheik or Impa, so nobody should be jumping to any conclusions. There is no reason to assume otherwise.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yeah, that sounds more like a theory than something that is an actual fact. Especially since Zelda is doing this same animation in another picture and yet there is no Phantom showing up anywhere. :/
She can probably summon it and it'll walk freely afterward. Zelda is just being a ***** and taunts because ain't a thing Fox can do to her anyway. :cool:

Why would the Phantom Knight be one singular attack anway? Especially if it replaces Sheik as a 'move'.

Impa will replace Sheik as a character though :demon:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I'm personally banking on no Zelda newcomer, at most Sheik will get her own spot. The fact that Zelda and Link are 100% TP, probably in order for Ganondorf and Sheik to not fall behind, seems like a pretty big indication if you ask me. It's going to be a TP or a toon newcomer if anything, and I'm not counting on that.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Sheik her own spot? No, not so likely. Why would Sheik be on the roster and no transform in Zelda? This ain't Project M. :smirk:

Impa is much more likely to be a separate character.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I'm personally banking on no Zelda newcomer, at most Sheik will get her own spot. The fact that Zelda and Link are 100% TP, probably in order for Ganondorf and Sheik to not fall behind, seems like a pretty big indication if you ask me. It's going to be a TP or a toon newcomer if anything, and I'm not counting on that.
Even if there is a newcomer from the Zelda series, I don't expect us to find out anytime soon. I assume they would probably be kept hidden as an unlockable character.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Even if there is a newcomer from the Zelda series, I don't expect us to find out anytime soon. I assume they would probably be kept hidden as an unlockable character.
Sheik was always a starter. Impa would be one to most likely.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
She can probably summon it and it'll walk freely afterward. Zelda is just being a ***** and taunts because ain't a thing Fox can do to her anyway. :cool:

Why would the Phantom Knight be one singular attack anway? Especially if it replaces Sheik as a 'move'.

Impa will replace Sheik as a character though :demon:
For once, I don't mind Diddy. We've got some evidence that Sheik might be gone. But if Sheik leaves, what about other series mainstays that don't really belong? Is Falco doomed? R.O.B.? Or Snake? Does this seal their fate?

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
For once, I don't mind Diddy. We've got some evidence that Sheik might be gone. But if Sheik leaves, what about other series mainstays that don't really belong? Is Falco doomed? R.O.B.? Or Snake? Does this seal their fate?
How on earth doesn't Falco and R.O.B belong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom