• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcusjll

Smash Cadet
So happy Zelda is confirmed!! Mained her in Melee and Brawl. Love her design! Not too bothered whether Sheik is back or not (although I think she will), as I never really used her anyway.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
Too late, he already did. >_>

:sadsheep: Whyyyy...... Remember that Sheik and Zelda have almost always been confirmed seperately. So we can't really make any conclusions till this Phantom issue is resolved.

And I'm a huge Impa supporter here, I don't want to make any dangerous accusations or start another Fire Emblem level forum war.

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
I think more things points toward Phantom being a part of zelda's moveset, than against.
So untill something is confirmed I'll believe that.
On the other hand she's one of my most wanted characters so I might be biased.

D

Deleted member

This image is showing Zelda about to transform into Sheik, Please everyone stop with the Sheik de-confirmed.

I don't see how that proves anything, especially since Zelda's transformation never looked like that, and second, the pose Sheik took was just that, a pose for the game art, when have any of the characters taken the game art poses?

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Are people really having a debate about Sheik getting cut? Really? We might as well have a debate about whether Mr. Game and Watch and R.O.B may get cut whilst we're at it.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
Are people really having a debate about Sheik getting cut? Really? We might as well have a debate about whether Mr. Game and Watch and R.O.B may get cut whilst we're at it.
Its a valid question.
Sheik has not appeared in a zelda game since her debut in OoT. Shes a great character, but not very prominent. Its possible that she could be replaced with a reoccurring character like Impa (though, on the other hand many of her appearances shes not very suitable for being a fighter). And now zelda has a new and interesting move, that could very well be a down b attack.

ROB and Mr. Game and Watch have had nothing to warrant questioning.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Its a valid question.
Sheik has not appeared in a zelda game since her debut in OoT. Shes a great character, but not very prominent. Its possible that she could be replaced with a reoccurring character like Impa (on the other hand many appearances shes not a suitable fighter). And now zelda has a new and interesting move, that could very well be a down b attack.

ROB and Mr. Game and Watch have had nothing to warrant questioning.
Yet, OoT is still relevant with the 3DS game and even a stage in the game. So she's still relevant, but not recurrant in other zelda games (non-remakes). That Phantom could be anything, though. Plus, Sheik is a two time veteran, that is very popular with players.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
There is simply no concrete evidence of Sheik being cut/having her own slot yet. We don't even know what role the Phantom plays! If anything, there is just as much evidence that the Phantom is a new move as it isn't. Zelda makes the same pose as in that picture in a different one later down in the slides.

Secondly, we won't know about Sheik yet at all, just like Brawl. Sheik was the last veteran revealed. So to just jump to conclusions with no evidence to back it up is foolish.

Zelda needs a bodyguard? This isn't Skyward Sword Zelda. Zelda can transform into Sheik to defend herself.

I find it highly unlikely that Sakurai would spend the time, to give a Newcomer a moveset that a veteran would already have. That doesn't make any sense. That wouldn't get anybody besides like 3 people excited to play as Impa. If that is what Impa would get, then she would likely be more hated than Chrom getting in with a bland moveset.

So far, we see that Link and Zelda share a similar design. With this in mind, and the fact that this is how it was in Brawl, it hints that Ganondorf would share a similar design. So, why would a Skyward Sword designed Impa: 1) Take Sheik's spot as bodyguard in a TP designed moveset or 2) Remove Sheik and add Impa when her design goes against the others when it comes to the general design of the Holders of the Triforce.

I could understand jumping to conclusions if Link and Zelda were VERY much based on SS. But they aren't.

Moral of the story is, that you can't make any assumptions with the information we have.

NOW STOP ****ING TALKING ABOUT IMPA FOR THE 5TH DAY IN A ROW. TALK ABOUT ZELDA AND HOW NICE SHE LOOKS!

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
Yet, OoT is still relevant with the 3DS game and even a stage in the game. So she's still relevant, but not recurrant in other zelda games (non-remakes). That Phantom could be anything, though. Plus, Sheik is a two time veteran, that is very popular with players.
That still doesn't make her prominent in the series.
And yes, everything you said is true, but you would still be wrong to say there's no reason to think or suspect Sheik may not make the cut.

I don't know why but a part of me really won't give a **** if Sheik's gonna be cut after seeing the Phantom.

But screw it, let's talk about crap that won't implode this thread

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Can we go back to talking about Fire Emblem?
Ok, let's talk about Ike, how he would look in the game if confirmed? Would he use bright colors like most of the cast so far? Would he use his PoR or RD design? These are some good questions to ask, without making it a corn and rye debate.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
if ike is confirmed i think he'll look like this. And yes it would probably be brightly colored because that's the style of this smashbros game.

Though he would obviously have Ragnell.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I want Ike to be revealed sooooo badly. Especially because I just got Path of Radiance for Christmas. I haven't played it yet, but I can't wait to.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Ok, let's talk about Ike, how he would look in the game if confirmed? Would he use bright colors like most of the cast so far? Would he use his PoR or RD design? These are some good questions to ask, without making it a corn and rye debate.
I would believe and hope for it being RD design, I like that one a lot. I think his colors would be darker, more toned and matured reds and blues. But here's hoping!

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I just knew this thread would spiral out of control by morning. The results came from a combination of the possibility that Toon Zelda's chance is hurt, as well as Sheik's chances and of course, Diddy Kong's Impa crap once again.

Anyway Zelda looks great, and there is no reason to jump to the conclusion of anything just yet. Just wait until we get further information on Zelda, be it what role the Phantom plays or the fate of Sheik, we don't know either of those things, just wait until we get actual information on them, THEN there will be a good reason to discuss such matters.

Also, even if Sheik IS (by what I think is a very slender chance) cut, that doesn't automatically mean Impa is a shoo-in. (Diddy will continue to say otherwise until we get further info, I'm sure)

EDIT: I see I'm rather late on the topic, which I find is a good thing.

Anyway, I still can't wait for Ike's confirmation, the one who fights for his friends will look great in HD.

And, since I don't know much about Fire Emblem, I honestly don't care who we get for a 3rd Fire Emblem character.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
I just knew this thread would spiral out of control by morning. The results came from a combination of the possibility that Toon Zelda's chance is hurt, as well as Sheik's chances and of course, Diddy Kong's Impa crap once again.

Anyway Zelda looks great, and there is no reason to jump to the conclusion of anything just yet. Just wait until we get further information on Zelda, be it what role the Phantom plays or the fate of Sheik, we don't know either of those things, just wait until we get actual information on them, THEN there will be a good reason to discuss such matters.

Also, even if Sheik IS (by what I think is a very slender chance) cut, that doesn't automatically mean Impa is a shoo-in. (Diddy will continue to say otherwise until we get further info, I'm sure)

EDIT: I see I'm rather late on the topic, which I find is a good thing.

Anyway, I still can't wait for Ike's confirmation, the one who fights for his friends will look great in HD.

And, since I don't know much about Fire Emblem, I honestly don't care who we get for a 3rd Fire Emblem character.
Lyn it is then :awesome:

I want Ike to be revealed sooooo badly. Especially because I just got Path of Radiance for Christmas. I haven't played it yet, but I can't wait to.
You'll soon find out why Ike is a beast. aka broken:awesome:

D

Deleted member

OoT is hardly relevant anymore, a remake 2 years ago doesn't make it relevant. Right now, the Zelda series focus seems to be on LttP and WW, with some MM references coming up for some reasons.

A two time veteran, but that doesn't mean she cant go, Jiggs almost didn't make the Brawl roster, and she was a two time vet too.

Also, if Zelda got some new moves, who's to say the Sheik concept didn't either? Replacing Sheik with Impa opens the door to more interesting canon abilities.

There is simply no concrete evidence of Sheik being cut/having her own slot yet. We don't even know what role the Phantom plays! If anything, there is just as much evidence that the Phantom is a new move as it isn't. Zelda makes the same pose as in that picture in a different one later down in the slides.

Secondly, we won't know about Sheik yet at all, just like Brawl. Sheik was the last veteran revealed. So to just jump to conclusions with no evidence to back it up is foolish.

Zelda needs a bodyguard? This isn't Skyward Sword Zelda. Zelda can transform into Sheik to defend herself.

I find it highly unlikely that Sakurai would spend the time, to give a Newcomer a moveset that a veteran would already have. That doesn't make any sense. That wouldn't get anybody besides like 3 people excited to play as Impa. If that is what Impa would get, then she would likely be more hated than Chrom getting in with a bland moveset.

So far, we see that Link and Zelda share a similar design. With this in mind, and the fact that this is how it was in Brawl, it hints that Ganondorf would share a similar design. So, why would a Skyward Sword designed Impa: 1) Take Sheik's spot as bodyguard in a TP designed moveset or 2) Remove Sheik and add Impa when her design goes against the others when it comes to the general design of the Holders of the Triforce.

I could understand jumping to conclusions if Link and Zelda were VERY much based on SS. But they aren't.

Moral of the story is, that you can't make any assumptions with the information we have.

NOW STOP ****ING TALKING ABOUT IMPA FOR THE 5TH DAY IN A ROW. TALK ABOUT ZELDA AND HOW NICE SHE LOOKS!
NO!!

I WANNA TALK ABOUT IMPA!

Seriously though, Sakurai has done a lot of 'unlikely' things already, so you need to check your biad dude, there's nothing to say he won't, dude is toying with our expectations.

And who's to say people would hate Impa? She's a recurring character in the series, and is very similar to Sheik in concept, again, I disagree.

She could also get a mix-in original design like Zelda and Link seem to have gotten, Link doesn't look entirely like TP Link, his pants are baggy, and he has some SS references in his look. If Impa gets in, I'd say expect a middle-ground look, like SS Impa, with some darker TP-like colors.

Can we go back to talking about Fire Emblem?
What's there to talk about in FE. I honestly don't think we'll get an FE newcomer tbh...

?????????????

Smash Master
On this hurting Toon Zelda's chances...

It hurts them about as well as the Spirit Train stage hurt Toon Link.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
NO!!

I WANNA TALK ABOUT IMPA!

Seriously though, Sakurai has done a lot of 'unlikely' things already, so you need to check your biad dude, there's nothing to say he won't, dude is toying with our expectations.

And who's to say people would hate Impa? She's a recurring character in the series, and is very similar to Sheik in concept, again, I disagree.

She could also get a mix-in original design like Zelda and Link seem to have gotten, Link doesn't look entirely like TP Link, his pants are baggy, and he has some SS references in his look. If Impa gets in, I'd say expect a middle-ground look, like SS Impa, with some darker TP-like colors.
I'm pretty sure he was just saying that there is no concrete evidence for anything yet... other than the fact that Zelda looks fabulous.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
OoT is hardly relevant anymore, a remake 2 years ago doesn't make it relevant. Right now, the Zelda series focus seems to be on LttP and WW, with some MM references coming up for some reasons.

A two time veteran, but that doesn't mean she cant go, Jiggs almost didn't make the Brawl roster, and she was a two time vet too.

Also, if Zelda got some new moves, who's to say the Sheik concept didn't either? Replacing Sheik with Impa opens the door to more interesting canon abilities.

NO!!

I WANNA TALK ABOUT IMPA!

What's there to talk about in FE. I honestly don't think we'll get an FE newcomer tbh...
We already ended the madness here, if you want to talk about Impa go to the Zelda threads.

Anyways, anyone got any other topic that doesn't involve Sheik or Impa.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Is that implying that people who don't know much about fire emblem want lyn?
No i'm saying that Lyn is my choice for an FE newcomer, since he said he doesn't care I suggested that to him

I hate that saying too btw, If anything people who want lyn are the most knowledgeable of the FE franchise since it was probably their first one and played all the rest after.

D

Deleted member

I'm pretty sure he was just saying that there is no concrete evidence for anything yet... other than the fact that Zelda looks fabulous.
Ofc there's no evidence, but aren't we here to speculate?

We finally have something interesting to discuss, and you all get salty as fuark.

?????????????

Smash Master
All this talk of Zelda and Sheik and Phantom and Impa.... good lord. My roster was washed away midst it all. Posting again for more feedback.

This is my roster, but with no Takamaru, Ridley, or Tetra, and Robin instead of Chrom, which is a change I'm planning on making. So I pretty much love it and have no complaints.

D

Deleted member

On this hurting Toon Zelda's chances...

It hurts them about as well as the Spirit Train stage hurt Toon Link.
Actually, here's an idea, you think it might be possible that Sakurai decided to integrate ideas he might have had for Toon Zelda onto the new Zelda?

It's a stretch due to ST's release, but it might be possible, perhaps the Knight isn't Zelda's only new move...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom