• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I don't see how Impa is more likely when SS is non-existant on the Zelda cast thus far. It's Sheik or no one.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I don't see how Impa is more likely when SS is non-existant on the Zelda cast thus far. It's Sheik or no one.
Impa will simply be the first Skyward Sword character. Or **** it, Hyrule Warriors character, cause TP-Zelda is in there to, with Impa appearing as a SS / OoT hybrid look.

Note that there are also no Ocarina of Time characters on the Zelda cast thus far. ;)

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I'm not talking origins. All characters from the same franchise always share the designs from the same game, even Sheik was upgraded in Brawl to make it so, so obviously it's being taken seriously. There aren't just going to suddenly appear a SS character in TP heaven.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Fox is #1, Andross is #2 and Peppy is #3. If it weren't for Peppy, the Star Fox team wouldn't have formed.
That's kind of true, but he isn't really capable of fighting. Heck, he's even retired from his Arwing position in whatever that Gamecube game was called. Oh yeah, and I forgot Fox for some reason.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Wow... Zelda looks... Young, to be honest. I don't really play Zelda, but I've always thought she was at least 20, just like Link. But now she looks 18, and Link still looks 20-ish. It's just not right. If they were BOTH younger, it'd be OK, but this just feels weird to me. Like Zelda went through a Time vortex and Link didn't.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
All I can say is that I'm glad Zelda's back. You'd have to be barking mad to assume she wouldn't be back, but it's great regardless. I mean, really, about damn time she was confirmed!

The only veterans I truly WANT to see now are ZSS, Sheik, and the Earthbound kids.

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
Right now I think the Phantom is an Assist Trophy, and Sakurai is just being Sakurai. Still think Sheik is likely to return (sorry Diddy), as Sheik and Zelda were revealed at different times during Brawl as well. Phantom probably disconfirms Phantom Toon Zelda, but regular Toon Zelda and Tetra are still possibilities,

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Right now I think the Phantom is an Assist Trophy, and Sakurai is just being Sakurai. Still think Sheik is likely to return (sorry Diddy), as Sheik and Zelda were revealed at different times during Brawl as well. Phantom probably disconfirms Phantom Toon Zelda, but regular Toon Zelda and Tetra are still possibilities,
Realistically, it's just a waiting game now. Just wait for more news, and a possible Sheik.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Yeah, this is the most realistic thing to say imo. It's just playing the waiting game now for what other Zelda characters are revealed. I hope Sheik gets revealed soon instead of another 6 month's wait... :/

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945

Bye Sheik? yes? no? Impa? Waddle Dee? I'm confused!
Well, hmm. This just raises more questions. And to think I was starting to believe that someone from Namco convinced Sakurai to add some JoJo references. We have Rosalina with Stand Luma and now this:

CalumG

Smash Lord
It's more than likely an assist trophy. Why is this even up for debate? Sakurai is notorious for ambiguously positioned photo's such as this one. For that matter, he's probably playing to the fact that people are uncertain about Sheik (just like how he did with Brawl).

Have people just erased the Dojo from their minds or something?

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
It's more than likely an assist trophy. Why is this even up for debate? Sakurai is notorious for ambiguously positioned photo's such as this one. For that matter, he's probably playing to the fact that people are uncertain about Sheik (just like how he did with Brawl).

Have people just erased the Dojo from their minds or something?
We'll have to wait and see. He'll show her off soon enough. In the meantime...

Empty Roster.png

NEW ROSTER!!!! Any questions or comments I'll be pleased to hear!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Sheik has been fired. Phantom Knight hired.

Zelda obviously needs bodyguards.

Impa.

And since WHEN where people uncertain about Sheik? :rolleyes:

CalumG

Smash Lord
We'll have to wait and see. He'll show her off soon enough. In the meantime...

View attachment 5443

NEW ROSTER!!!! Any questions or comments I'll be pleased to hear!
Great roster, and if the game ended up like this, I'd have few complaints (no Ridley :sadeyes:).

That being said, most of the newcomers lack 'hype', so to speak. Mewtwo and Mii would build hype, but K. Rool, Palutena, Robin, Little Mac and Shulk all seem like they'd only build hype within the Smash community and the more hardcore gamers (as much as I hate that term) rather than having mass appeal like all the newcomers announced so far.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Bye Sheik? yes? no? Impa? Waddle Dee? I'm confused!
Quite an astute observation, sir.

The whole everything else. . . It seems to me that it's more evident that Sakurai doesn't take popularity into as much consideration as people thought, but I don't mean that in the way you think. I think that Sakurai, while he does obviously consider polls and popularity, does not base his decisions on them in the same way; Being most wanted does not mean one is guaranteed as a playable character, but rather that he is obliged to be in the game in some way. Sakurai is then pleased to place them as an important figure (such as Assist Trophy), but not to laud them as a playable character if he doesn't think it's a good idea. I accept this reasoning mostly because I agree with every single decision he's made so far, or rather accepted if not agreed beforehand.

Also no Marth x Zelda pictures wtf Sakurai :c

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Great roster, and if the game ended up like this, I'd have few complaints (no Ridley :sadeyes:).

That being said, most of the newcomers lack 'hype', so to speak. Mewtwo and Mii would build hype, but K. Rool, Palutena, Robin, Little Mac and Shulk all seem like they'd only build hype within the Smash community and the more hardcore gamers (as much as I hate that term) rather than having mass appeal like all the newcomers announced so far.
True. I just tried to make an even amount of "newcomers" for all fans to be happy. Casuals rejoice as Rosalina, WFT, Villager, Miis, and Mewtwo (arguably a newcomer, will most likely be treated as one with a video) join the battle. "Hardcore Gamers" will be pleased with the likes of K. Rool, Palutena, Shulk, etc. With the ten newcomers I picked, it's casual to "hardcore" 4 to 6, or 5 to 6 if you count Mewtwo. I think it's pretty even, though maybe Dixie could get in over K. Rool, who knows? More popularity and relevance to the "casual gamer".

As for Ridley, I fear he's a stage hazard. I personally believe it is more likely he is a stage hazard or just a background character on Pyrosphere. I would hope I'm wrong, but it's the way I see it right now.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Sheik has been fired. Phantom Knight hired.
Zelda obviously needs bodyguards.
Impa.
And since WHEN where people uncertain about Sheik? :rolleyes:
I'm becoming more and more attracted to Impa as an alternative to Sheik.
HOWEVER. If your predictions turn out to be right, Diddy, I do not think they will turn out that way for the reasons you have pushed for so long, but rather for other confounding reasons. As per Sakurai's incredible silliness.
That is to say, you seem to be more of a Sheik naysayer than an Impa promoter. But that's only because of the conversations people direct it towards when you're in them, and your general negativity/sarcasm and willingness to go along with their schemes!
I think that Sakurai would not remove Sheik because she is old or not the hottest thing or insignificant to the series as a whole, but he would rather add Impa because he sees an opportunity to fill that role with someone who has significance, and differentiating Zelda too. The perspective, mang, it's all about the perspective. Now that I say that it becomes obvious that one positive statement implies the negative inverse. Oh. Or was that converse? Hmm. Disregard this post then.

PerfectDarkMarc

Smash Cadet
Hey all, I don't often post here but I do "lurk" from time to time and thought I'd share something I noticed with the assortment of screenshots that came with Zelda's reveal. If you look closely at this photo: http://www.eventhubs.com/images/201...super-smash-bros-wii-u-and-3ds-screen-shot-9/ you can barely see the edge of the sword Link is holding. Unless I am mistaken, that does not appear to be the Master Sword. Does this possibly mean we can "customize" or "accessorize" our characters with different weapons or items from their respective universes such as this? Is this what Sakarai meant when he referred to "customizing" our characters? I for one love the idea!

Attachments

Kon

Smash Journeyman
Some are learning here.
I never expected ToonZelda or Tetra being in the roster. I'm not even expecting Impa, however if a Zelda character, then Impa seems to be the most reasonable. Still I'm absolutely fine with the 4 character spots Legend of Zelda had in Brawl. ;)

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Hey all, I don't often post here but I do "lurk" from time to time and thought I'd share something I noticed with the assortment of screenshots that came with Zelda's reveal. If you look closely at this photo: http://www.eventhubs.com/images/201...super-smash-bros-wii-u-and-3ds-screen-shot-9/ you can barely see the edge of the sword Link is holding. Unless I am mistaken, that does not appear to be the Master Sword. Does this possibly mean we can "customize" or "accessorize" our characters with different weapons or items from their respective universes such as this? Is this what Sakarai meant when he referred to "customizing" our characters? I for one love the idea!
The Master sword is on it's side, it's just on a weird angle.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I think you're mistaken....

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
I'm considering Impa at this point. But I believe the deciding factor is Zelda Wii U which sakurai has undoubtedly been told about. If Impa is as prominent of a character in that one as skyward sword, then sure. Otherwise we might see another villian. Probably not toon zelda though, since the real like zelda has the phantom that toon zelda would use.
I think perspective is playing tricks on you. The length of the hilt is laying flat on the ground so that the circular part sticks out.
Regardless, nice job spotting that detail.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
Zelda confirmed.
I'm expecting Diddy to say this means Sheik is deconfirmed. Before the Impa talk... There's the thought that the Phantom will likely be a Special. Or, you know, they are seperate now. There's no saying that Impa is Confirmed or DCed or Sheik is DCed till the Phantom info comes out, K? We still could have all 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom