• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm waiting for diddy to say that's her down-B and impa is confirmed

:troll:

Could happen. Can't rule that out y'know. Wonder what would happen if Shiek was a separate character from Zelda. I can only imagine the reactions.

Also, character confirmations are the best kind of Kwanzaa gifts. :p

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Well i gotta say her character model looks gorgeous. I wanted the changes SS Zelda would bring, but seeing at least the phantom as a new move puts me a little at ease that she will at least get some new changes.

Shes ready to take on the negaverse haha

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Or it could be Side-B and Zelda's getting revamped ala Pit.
Or it's just Phantom Toon Zelda as an Assist Trophy. The eyes may not be there, but the armor color is.

Also is it just me or does she have like the best player model now or something. The characters in this game look amazing.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I said it a million times. SS designs aren't happening. Twilight Princess depicts the overall design. Anyway, if that Phantom is part of Zelda's move set somehow (don't understand how it could be) then it's safer to say no Toon Zelda.

Forcerounds

Smash Journeyman
Unless the Phantom is an AT or Din's Fire is gone, I think Sheik has been removed from Zelda's arsenal!

D

Deleted member

Wait a minute.
That pose.
That mysterious second ponytail.
Is she.....transforming?!?

EDIT: Never mind, that's one of her braids.
But still, this is her Transform pose, is it not?

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Guess there's less need for Toon Zelda now. :troll:

I like these changes being made. I don't know what's up with Zelda's new attack, but if this is her new Down+B, I wouldn't be ruling out Impa just yet...
However, looks more like a new B+Tilt than anything.

BTW, updating my Hype-o-graph, now with Zelda.

I wouldn't have been too hyped about Zelda if it weren't due to some of those changes.
I like how she looks now, although it would've been ideal to me if she were a tad more SS-ish.

I guess this is a +1 for the "Advertise-reveal" theory?

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I'm waiting for diddy to say that's her down-B and impa is confirmed

:troll:
Or better yet: His reaction when Sheik is confirmed. Not only will he shut up about how Sheik is old news, but he can also shut up about Impa too. Oh, wait I forgot. Impa has that innovating Deku Nut. So she's unique enough for Sakurai to make her a separate character. :troll:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Ok. I'm gonna take a shot in the dark. What about Wario next? I don't know. I can see it happening.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Holy crap is it just me or is sakuri like 3 hours early today. I'm not complaining mind you.

Also I think toon Zelda is pretty much deconfirmed. Tetra isn' though. It is looking likely tingle will be the new Zelda rep. Ugh.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Unless the Phantom is an AT or Din's Fire is gone, I think Sheik has been removed from Zelda's arsenal!
Don't see why she would have the powers of Nayru, Farore, but not Din. That doesn't make sense. Also Sheik just hasn't been shown off yet. Just like Zero Suit Samus.

D

Deleted member

For the same exact ****ing reason TP Zelda uses OOT Link's magic and OOT Zelda's Sheikah Mode.

D

Deleted member

Zelda's in now. Still looking fancy as hell with that Twilight Princess look. Now I wanna see some Ganondorf next. http://www.smashbros.com/us/characters/zelda.html
And let's hope this time that Ganondorf gets some alteration. I have some hope here, considering that Sakurai seems to be revamping weaker characters like Bowser and Zelda.

Quick, let's discuss Ganondorf before Diddy Kong brings up Impa "replacing" Sheik (which won't happen).

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
For the same exact ****ing reason TP Zelda uses OOT Link's magic and OOT Zelda's Sheikah Mode.
Sorry I'm on mobile, let me explain better.

Wouldn't something that was TOON Zelda specific be better off as an exclusive move for toon Zelda? However, if Telda wasn't in it would make a lot more sense for regular Zelda to have that move.

My point is I don't think sakuri would give Zelda that move if telda was also in.

But its also sakuri so whatever.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
What if Sheik is separate to match Mario and Pokemon and ZS Samus is separate to have two Metroid characters while Ridley is a stage hazard?

Anyway, I still wonder how Zelda activates that Phantom. Maybe she...

...oh no...

NOW DIDDY'S GONNA THINK PHANTOM ZELDA IS HER DOWN B SO IMPA IS A SEPARATE CHARACTER!......actually that wouldn't be too crazy, but isn't there a source quoting that Sakurai isn't replacing characters?

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
I think DDD will be revealed next too.
Well with Kirby triple deluxe hitting Japan on the 11th he and metaknight could be next.
---
Anyway back to Zelda, I see many thinking the phantom is an AT, its possible sure but would sakurai throw one in there like that without taking the chance to explain it in a pic of the day? The only thing weve gotten close to that is yellow devil being explained way later I guess.

D

Deleted member

@Legend:
Who's to say Toon Zelda wouldn't use a more cartoonish version (a.k.a. more natural) of the Phantom armor to attack as well?

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Seriously though, is there a source of Sakurai saying characters aren't getting replaced by others this time?

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
@Legend:
Who's to say Toon Zelda wouldn't use a more cartoonish version (a.k.a. more natural) of the Phantom armor to attack as well?
True, but it would be really silly and odd choice. I really don't see that happening. Why make something more of a clone like that? Doesn't make much sense since Zelda had an existing move anyways.

D

Deleted member

Seriously though, is there a source of Sakurai saying characters aren't getting replaced by others this time?
All Sakurai has said is that characters that are planned for this game haven't been cut. However, I still expect all Nintendo veterans to return simply because there's not really a good reason to cut any Nintendo veterans at this point outside of time constraints. And if time constraints happens to get in the way, Sheik will still be in.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
@Legend:
I was just about to say this as well, it could be seen in favor of toon Zelda as well since odds are good that they would probably share a moveset (I shudder at the thought but it makes sense)

D

Deleted member

So if Sakurai were to give Ganondorf some major alterations, what would you like to see?

Personally, I would like to see Ganondorf get his lightning ball as a B move.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Before the inevitable Toon Zelda argument, just something I want to point out:

She has the same exact pose in this picture as in the one with the knight thing. Except in this one there's no knight.

I'm calling AT until we get further confirmation.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
But its also sakuri so whatever.
Sakurai is non canon, therefore logic is unneeded when speculating. :p

I'm just messing with you. Anyway, if Phantom Zelda is part of Zelda's move set then Toon Zelda is not happening. We're not going to have a Toon part of a character in Adult Zelda's move set if there was a Toon Zelda.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
If the phantom is apart of her moveset (which I think it is) it maybe replacing the b down which was sheiks spot which might be replaced by impa with a similar moveset but revamped, this doesnt seem that farfetched to me due to sheik not being a recurring or overall important character to the series at all while impa is and has had her most interesting addition in skyward sword, I actually would like this since I find transform completely useless, although if that is the case that doesnt bode to well for my bowser jr./shadow mario hopes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom