• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
Why do people even give a damn about making sure The Legend of Zelda, Pokemon, and Super Mario Bros. are on par each other?
stupid made up BS where ppl think there needs to be some sort of uniformity with the roster. a concept that frankly didnt exist till Brawl and can be debated really.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Same thing on my end. That alone gave me one less character to be concerned about, especially after all the bashing that I've received for supporting her.
It's a great feeling when your wanted character everyone bash and moan about how they are "so unlikely" actually end up making it into the game after all. It was great when I got the last laugh when everyone bashed Toon Link and how he couldn't make it into Brawl because "he is too cartoony for Smash" or with Smash 4 and "Muh Spirit Train Stage" and all that trash talk only for them to be completely wrong in the end. =p Loving Rosalina too, can't wait to try her out. :)

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
I think the releases of the anniversary edition and 3DS ambassador only makes the option more open to Sakurai.
That's what I think makes him more likely, and the people who work with Zelda seem to like him if they did this to those two games.

Why do people even give a damn about making sure The Legend of Zelda, Pokemon, and Super Mario Bros. are on par each other?
I think it's because Zelda and Pokemon having more slots than Mario seems a little unrealistic, although I wouldn't mind having 10 Zelda characters, 8 Pokemon, and 6 Mario.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I think it's because Zelda and Pokemon having more slots than Mario seems a little unrealistic, although I wouldn't mind having 10 Zelda characters, 8 Pokemon, and 6 Mario.
Well too bad for people that Pokemon inherently has a lot of possibilities to choose from by default, due to the series being inherently an extremely healthy series for character choices, and as such it shows. Pokemon will always be the dominate series in terms of numbers no matter what because of that factor.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Zelda will either stay at Link, Zelda/Sheik, Ganondorf, and Toon Link, or it will get a newcomer without Sheik getting removed. There is no reason Sheik and Impa can't co-exist. Impa probably has the highest shot of getting in, followed by Toon Zelda and then misc character (Vaati, Debbie, Tingle, the Salesman).

Vaati also isn't as important as people think, he was the villain of handheld titles that weren't even developed by Nintendo (Capcom made them).

Too many Sheikahs?
Then cut Sheik. Her body is more male than female anyway, so it isn't fun to look at.
Speak for yourself.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
100% agreed, except on Wonder Red. no new Zelda, using the time to make more interesting and requested characters is the better option.
Wonder Red arguably is in the top 5 most unique potential newcomers. But to each his own. It's just my opinion on the matter.
4 Zeldas is NOT okay in my book, and if Rosalina can make it in, Impa can and should. Especially if there's gonna be a 6th Mario character, whoever it may be.

And I really don't think the 3DS ambassador game has much to do with chances for Smash Bros.
Except Rosalina offers something nobody else does while Impa is essentially represented by Sheik. I fail to see how Impa can be made different enough to differ from the cast, especially when Sheik covers the "ninja" thing quite well.

The way I see it, swordsmen have to have something that strikes Sakurai's fancy. Impa, imo, would be abysmally represented if she is given a sword, and I see no reason to give her attacks with deku nuts, etc... when she should be able to have a moveset without dipping into misc. items.

D

Deleted member

As if Luma didn't already signify it, Starfy is now disconfirmed. Little sucker's an Assist again.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Oh man, if Isaac is confirmed for an Assist Trophy again, I know several people here that are going to be really upset and confused. You know, kind of like 2008.

D

Deleted member

Oh booooooooy, Assist Trophies are going to be kind of painful for some.
Young Horsetail's reaction is not going to be good...

Seriously, I really hope he gets someone he wants. It would suck to have none of your choices get in.

D

Deleted member

Speak for yourself; only one of my choices doesn't have something against them, and it's merely a returning Melee character that a majority wants.

I still suck it up and move on. Horse should do the same.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Wait, people actually believed Isaac had a strong chance?
Apparently.

I keep warning people that the whole Assist Trophy thing is more of a stigma then an honor, but people ignore it and continue to press on. Which I have a strong feeling it's going to really sting when their hopes are defied again, similar to 2008.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Oh crap... SaturnGamer64 actually got his predictions wrong? Merry Christmas!!! Now if Sakurai would deconfirm Diskun... :troll:

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Well it looks like the first major character de-confirmation happened. My condolences to any Starfy fans out there.

D

Deleted member

Well it looks like the first major character de-confirmation happened. My condolences to any Starfy fans out there.
The first major disconfirmation was Toad. Starfy would be the second.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Now Saturn and I are equal with Nintendog and Starfy being ATs at least.
Then again, Starfy had a lot more potential and chance of making the roster comparing to Nintendogs. I dunno how or why you even thought Nintendogs would even make the Smash roster to begin with.

Sucks that Starfy made AT, but at least he made the game.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Speak for yourself; only one of my choices doesn't have something against them, and it's merely a returning Melee character that a majority wants.

I still suck it up and move on. Horse should do the same.
Well first he'll have to deal with being 'trolled' by his own avatar...

Same here though pretty much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom