• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I'm extremely upset at the lack of Yellow Pikmin in today's update. Merry Christmas.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
And, here I got corrected.

Also, we got to talk about Impa yesterday and someone said that with Sheik around, another Sheikah would be redundant. I disagree fully. Another Mario princess was also seen as redundant before, yet we got Rosalina.

Impa and Sheik would probably be the Zelda variant of Peach and Rosalina.

If Sheik returns of course. :)

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Diddy, stop talking about Sheik and Impa. The horse is dead.

Starfy disconfirmed!...don't hate me, but I told you so.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
I'm sad, because Starfy always struck me as a good fighter, but whatevs. Also, on Impa (again), she's old in her most recent appearance, LBW, she's old again. So that's 3 old appearances, 2 young-ish. Bleh. Enjoying my LBW, but the Wii U was for charity, so :c

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I can beat this horse alive, and I will!

Saturn loves saying 'Sakurai aaid no cuts' but he never said that at all. He said 'up till now, I haven't had to cut any character yet', which doesn't say anything at all since we don't know how far he ismwith development.

He hasn't showed Zelda yet. And I doubt she was even ready at the time he said that.

Sakurai could've decided the cuts already at this point. Which means, anything can still happen. Only will say that the extremely likely chars as: Ness, C.Falcon, Diddy, Wario, MK, DDD and Yoshi should be considered 100% safe. Others are also still highly likely of course, but wouldn't call the more obscure characters 100% safe yet, cause they aren't.
I'm sad, because Starfy always struck me as a good fighter, but whatevs. Also, on Impa (again), she's old in her most recent appearance, LBW, she's old again. So that's 3 old appearances, 2 young-ish. Bleh. Enjoying my LBW, but the Wii U was for charity, so :c
Hyrule Warriors has Young Impa. And playable, most likely.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Because Sakurai will base Impa off a game that won't be out, probably? Goodbye, got a Christmas party to go to.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Because Sakurai will base Impa off a game that won't be out, probably? Goodbye, got a Christmas party to go to.
He based Ganondorf's appearance on a demo that never got released. He also has the exact same sword (which could once be considered to be used by him). So yes.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I got my first iPhone, although I didn't ask for one. =P

I got a huge "something"-Terabyte (can't remember exactly how many, but it's way more space than my actual computer has o_o) external hard drive last Christmas, which is the only thing I asked for.

I want a cooling fan for my laptop this time, but it might only come in January.

Got money, like I usually do at Christmas time, which I like.

I'm just...mostly content with what I have right now, so I can't really think of anything that I currently want at the moment.

that's enough for a 3ds...

:urg:

I'm jealous
I believe the correct word is "envious", my good Beedrill.

----

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
The Spirit of Christmas™ sure runs deep here!

Spend some time with your family to you ********!

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Some people are sleeping in right now. Tends to happen on the Holidays. And it's too cold to go for a walk or anything. So, yeah. I'm biding my time here.

M23-X0

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, I was reading that Japan's and west's demand are really different concerning characters.

I know that West's most wanted characters are (from what I saw) :

• Ridley
  • K Rool
  • Little Mac
  • Mewtwo
  • Palutena
  • Chrom
  • Isaac
  • Shulk
  • Krystal
So who are the characters that japanese wants the most, different from ours ? In my opinion, only Ridley and/or K. Rool must be west's exclusives, am I right ?

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I noticed at some japanese site, the most popular characters were:
Shulk
Little Mac
Dixie Kong
Chrom

And I can't remember the others much, as they were ranked in probability (which might have been determined by popularity) but after these four, there was a lot of even competition.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Hey guys, I was reading that Japan's and west's demand are really different concerning characters.

I know that West's most wanted characters are (from what I saw) :

• Ridley
  • K Rool
  • Little Mac
  • Mewtwo
  • Palutena
  • Chrom
  • Isaac
  • Shulk
  • Krystal
So who are the characters that japanese wants the most, different from ours ? In my opinion, only Ridley and/or K. Rool must be west's exclusives, am I right ?
I wouldn't say that they are exclusively popular in the west. But indeed most of the demand is found in the west rather than Japan. Ridley at least has some kind of following, but it does pale compared to the US/UK as far as I know. The thing is Metroid isn't super popular in Japan. I don't know why though. I think the same might be for Donkey Kong too.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I noticed at some japanese site, the most popular characters were:
Shulk
Little Mac
Dixie Kong
Chrom

And I can't remember the others much, as they were ranked in probability (which might have been determined by popularity) but after these four, there was a lot of even competition.
Mewtwo, Palutena, and K. Rool are up there too.
Not Little Mac actually. He is often mentioned because of "western popularity."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom