• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Roy: Intelligent Systems may want someone else (more relevant, more popular, more unique, etc) Heck, they may even want someone NOT from F.E. this time.
*crosses fingers for Advance Wars character* I would love to see Commanding Officer with playable Infantry units. :)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
It would even be more of an insult if Starfy again was the only AT who can be knocked around.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704

A ton of detail was put into this character, from the shape of his hair to the items that he carries, and even his eyesight. One can see an unparalleled love for Tingle
-Hyrule Historia

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
New (crappy) sig. You like?
I like it's crappiness, yes. :troll:

I wonder if we can get Starfy is Project M...
If we ever get a character that was not planed to be in Brawl for Project M, it's going to be Pichu and no one else.

Now, where's Saturn's post that show his slow descent into insanity and demoralization? :upsidedown:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Didn't even know Starfy had this many fans actually.
A character gets much more supposed supporters when they're either deconfirmed or confirmed. :smirk:

That said, there's a lot of support for characters that isn't exactly excessively vocal. Probably a foreign concept for you. :troll:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
@Shortie: That comment is exactly the reason why we should never see Tingle in full HD if it isn't in a Toon Zelda game. The sight of that would scare people of the Zelda series forever.

N3ON got me though... BADLY :p

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Starfy's disconfirmed. Poor fella, Assist Trophy reveals are gonna prove to be hard for many people. Myself possibily included if some characters I really want end up as ATs.

Starfy's disconfirmation aside, Merry Christmas everyone!

I've had a good one so far, had a good breakfast which we ate while watching How the Grinch Stole Christmas (the original animated one that is), and among my more notable gifts Are:

A new computer (the one I'm currently using have is scary slow, takes rather long to load some pages, and can't play Minecraft, among other online games well at all) a new desk, a new desk chair, (my desk isn't that great either. And the current chair I'm using is an old wooden temporary replacment for another chair I had that got too old, busted it's legs) the book "Killing Jesus" by Bill O'Reily, Pokemon X, Disney Infinity, Super Mario 3D World and the Wind Waker HD.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
D'hey guys! Check out my new roster!
Prediction Roster Roster.png

Reasons for newcomers are:
Dixie and King K. Rool: DK series needs new reps, so take the two most important characters to complete it. K. Rool would be a heavy-weight and Dixie would be a tag-team, with the down special switching the leader of the group.
Toon Zelda/Tetra: TZ would be a good, easy semi-clone for Sakurai to input and Tetra is important to the Zelda series and would have an interesting moveset revolving around the unused equipment from Wind Waker.
Ridley: Metroid needs it's main villain, and who better than Ridley. He's been in the dark too long, but his popularity sky-rocketed after he was a boss in Brawl, and he is one of the most requested character for Smash 4.
Little Mac: Representing Punch-Out, this boxer would fight using a clean boxing style to fight with. He'd be fast and powerful, but with no projectiles, he would be more like Marth and Captain Falcon. His series is one of Nintendo's most popular, and he's also extremely popular himself.
Waddle Dee: A way for Sakurai to represent the most populous species in the Kirby series, Bandana Dee is slowly becoming a series staple, and his spear would make him a unique character.
Samurai Goroh: Captain Falcon's main rival and series mainstay, he would be the perfect second rep for F-Zero. He uses a katana, a thin, but powerful sword. He could be a heavy, powerful, but surprisingly fast and agile character.
Medusa: The main villain of the Kid Icarus series, she was considered for Brawl but replaced by Pit. She could use a combination of her staff and magic powers. Not much to say, really.
Saki: Rep for the third-person shooter series Sin and Punishment, he would be extremely fast and agile, and use a combination of his laser sword and blaster. He deserves this, but isn't popular to fans, but Sakurai knows who he is because he was an AT in Brawl.
Pac-Man: A classic character, he has a history with Nintendo with the Mario Kart GP series and Namco making Smash 4. He could use a plethora of moves and is probably the most popular video game character around.

Like always, rate and review!

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Why in the wide world of all logic would Medusa not only be considered for Brawl, but be replaced by Pit? Medusa, who at the time was nothing but a villain in a retro game, would never be considered before Pit, that'd be like adding in Ridley before Samus or K. Rool before Donkey Kong. I can assure you things didn't go down that way.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Medusa? Planned for Brawl? Over Pit? That's just simply not true.

Other than that Cobalsh, I'd replace Saki with Shulk or Isaac. I really don't think he's anywhere as likely as one of those two.

And I'd cut Bandana Dee or Goroh in favour of a retro. Because we're going to get one.
EDIT: Or you could just add a retro without cutting anyone.

Kon

Smash Journeyman
Little Mac: Representing Punch-Out, this boxer would fight using a clean boxing style to fight with. He'd be fast and powerful, but with no projectiles, he would be more like Marth and Captain Falcon. His series is one of Nintendo's most popular, and he's also extremely popular himself.
Well, I highly doubt this one looking at the sold copies of Punch-Out! for Wii. http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=Punch-Out&publisher=&platform=&genre=&minSales=0&results=200
If Little Mac and his franchise were still as popular, why do they only have around 0,24 million sold copies of the latest game for Wii?
Pit from Kid Icarus can be considered popular after a good comeback with Kid Icarus:Uprising having sold already 1,08 million copies. So after all, the comeback from Pit was way better than the comeback of Little Mac back in 2007.
Little Mac however can be considered popular because of his appearance in Brawl as an assist trophy making him with many rumours one of the most expected newcomers for SSB4.

About the roster itself:
I like that you consider Medusa over Palutena. No newcomer for the Yoshi series or the Wario series is however a bit disappointing. You consider an F-Zero newcomer while the series hasn't the same importance nowadays. However the Yoshi series and Wario series sell pretty well and there are even two Yoshi games on the way to come in 2014. These are just my two points on this one as I don't expect an F-Zero newcomer anymore and as I think a Yoshi or Wario newcomer could be more likely. It's pretty easy referring to sell numbers to explain why these two series could get a 2nd rep before F-Zero. Also the Yoshi series is in the roster since SSB64, same as for F-Zero.
I'm also surprised you expect the return of Roy and consider even Ike to stay. Beside that, you seem to pretty ignore the worldwide well received game Fire Emblem: Awakening.

I also don't see Tetra/ToonZelda coming. I feel like Impa may have a better chance if there were ever anyone of the development team considering a 5th representant.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I'm not him, but I guess it's because of the implications that Sakurai himself was aware of how many requests Saki got during the Brawl speculation days but since development was too far ahead he instead wanted the character to put in as an Assist Trophy as compensation. So, I guess there is always a possibility of him being promoted because of a past factor.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Shulk is definitely the most likely imo.
He represents a new Nintendo IP and he's most popular out of the 3 (I believe, especially in Japan).
Plus, Sakurai's twitter don't lie. :p

Zage

Smash Journeyman
I honestly don't see Saki, Shulk or whoever getting in. They don't fit in imo when you place them among the other playable Nntendo characters. They are also pretty obscure.

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
Tetra = Rosalina, i should considered earlier but damn, it was starfy ;_;
First and Last Update to my roster.

Im kinda relaxed without starfy, all the obvious choices are now in and absolutely no love for the characters involved.
I dont like to change my predictions so this is the last one, if im wrong then im wrong, i want ridley playable and snake getting back anyways so yeah :B

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Tetra = Rosalina, i should considered earlier but damn, it was starfy ;_;
First and Last Update to my roster.

Im kinda relaxed without starfy, all the obvious choices are now in and absolutely no love for the characters involved.
I dont like to change my predictions so this is the last one, if im wrong then im wrong, i want ridley playable and snake getting back anyways so yeah :B
I would be okay with this roster. Add Robin or Anna or Chrom/Lucina instead of Chrom.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'm not him, but I guess it's because of the implications that Sakurai himself was aware of how many requests Saki got during the Brawl speculation days but since development was too far ahead he instead wanted the character to put in as an Assist Trophy as compensation. So, I guess there is always a possibility of him being promoted because of a past factor.
Right, but all Sakurai said was that he did what he could to have him included. There was no actual indication he was planned for more than he ended up as. For all we know the requests are what got Saki his AT position, and that's as much as Sakurai thought he merited, and did what he could to include him. Attributing more to that comment is likely reading too much into it, if Saki really were that popular his popularity would've existed back when Sakurai was first seeking popularity, it would've showed up on the Brawl poll. It's not like he was a new character. And tbh, Saki wasn't nearly as popular as many other characters. He didn't start getting requested regularly until he actually showed up in Smash.

Really we have to take the DOJO comments with a grain of salt anyway, I'm sure the "popular so I did what I could" reasoning could apply to many other characters as well. And what's said on there is merely a fraction of the information from development, most of which we'll never know about. If it's even the truth in the first place.

Zage

Smash Journeyman
No, they are. What I am saying is that even if a character is obscure, they can be added into Smash. Other examples are Roy, whom nobody had ever heard of, and Snake, who absolutely nobody saw coming, and is from an M rated game.
They aren't obscure. Even then, this is a game for Nintendo's All-stars. Obscurity definitely plays a part. They wouldn't add a playable character if no one knew who they are, especially considering this entire game is a love letter to Nintendo fans. You're confusing "Unlikely random character that no one saw coming" for obscurity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom