• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
The first major disconfirmation was Toad. Starfy would be the second.
People have finally come to terms with Toad now? I stand corrected then.

It's kinda funny, but so far neither of these characters have equaled the amount of hurt the hole in the Pyrosphere stage has generated, and that wasn't even a de-confirmation. God help us if Ridley gets de-confirmed. :laugh:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I thought Balloon Fighter was the first major disconfirmation.
He didn't really have a notable amount of support.

Toad had a lot of support.

Skull Kid had a little.

Starfy had more than Skull Kid.

But Ballon Fighter was barely a blip on the radar.

D

Deleted member

I thought Skull Kid was the second?
Toad and Starfy are major disconfirmation because there were reasons to believe that they had a shot of getting in this game, but failed to do so. There really wasn't any reason to think Skull Kid would be added (unless you were to count that horribly rigged poll). Plus, I remember many being pleased that Skull Kid appeared as a Assist Trophy since people accepted he was never getting in.
People have finally come to terms with Toad now? I stand corrected then.

It's kinda funny, but so far neither of these characters have equaled the amount of hurt the hole in the Pyrosphere stage has generated, and that wasn't even a de-confirmation. God help us if Ridley gets de-confirmed. :laugh:
I have to imagine that a large amount of posts on Toad's thread came from Toad's potential pseudo-disconfirmation onward. I don't remember it generating nearly as much activity as it once did.

I'll admit, some of the butthurt in regards to Ridley was hilarious. Yet this is only a taste of what a potential Ridley's disconfirmation would look like.

...we'll need a shelter for a week since Smashboards will be going down that day.

D

Deleted member

A week? It will last till SSB5 is announced...
The butthurt over Ridley's disconfirmation this week would definitely not go away by the time SSB6 is announced.

And I say a week because that's when the major drama will be. The forum will have moved on afterwards.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I wonder if we can get Starfy in Project M...

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik

Skull Kid had a little.

Well, at least Balloon Fighter is playable... we just call him the Villager.

It would be pretty cool if the female Villager alternate costume was based on Alice the Balloon Kid... similar hairstyle, similar dress, complete with the hair bow accessory!

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
New (crappy) sig. You like?
lol.

I wonder if we can get Starfy is Project M...
Now were just crossing the bars. :9

Well, at least Balloon Fighter is playable... we just him the Villager.

It would be pretty cool if the female Villager alternate costume was based on Alice the Balloon Kid... similar hairstyle, similar dress, complete with the hair bow accessory!
That ould be real neat actually.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
I can't help but roll my eyes at people even considering the thought of a P:M version of these deconfirmed characters.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I'll admit, some of the butthurt in regards to Ridley was hilarious. Yet this is only a taste of what a potential Ridley's disconfirmation would look like.

...we'll need a shelter for a week since Smashboards will be going down that day.
It'll mostly come down to Chrono and those arguing with or slandering him like it kinda did before... Count on it. Seeing some of the detractors from gamefaqs and the like showing themselves and being asshats again over the deconfirmation will be one of the more annoying parts too, I'm sure. With how long it's been since Pyrosphere's reveal though, the possibility/likelihood of Ridley being a hazard has sunk in more for plenty by now. There will still be a lot of butthurt over it of course, yeah, but the deconfirmation itself wouldn't really be much a surprise, especially the more we see updates like Starfy's here.

Even though I wasn't really a Starfy supporter, still a major buzzkill for a Christmas update. :\

D

Deleted member

It'll mostly come down to Chrono and those arguing with or slandering him like it kinda did before... Count on it. Seeing some of the detractors from gamefaqs and the like show themselves and being ******s again over the deconfirmation will be one of the more annoying parts too, I'm sure. With how long it's been since Pyrosphere's reveal though, the possibility/likelihood of Ridley being a hazard has sunk in more for plenty by now. There will still be a lot of butthurt over it of course, yeah, but it won't really be that much a surprise, especially the more we see updates like Starfy's here.

Even though I wasn't really a Starfy supporter, still a major buzzkill for a Christmas update.
Keep in mind that it has been over four months since the Pyrosphere reveal and since then, people have become more optimistic about Ridley (at least on Smashboards). Rarely will you see a prediction roster without Ridley on here and supporters shoot down mostly any argument against Ridley. While people still think of Stage Hazardley as a possibility, it is seen as a less of a possibility as the day go by.

So yeah, I'm still expecting mass butthurt that wouldn't be replicated by anyone other potential newcomer (barring Mewtwo, but I'm more than confident in his inclusion).

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Oh yeah, there is that. With the amount of Pyrosphere material shown with no Ridley in sight and how long it's been I can see why some would be less worried about it by now, not that I would rule Stage Hazardley out still. But yeah... For those being very optimistic about it now, they'll have shot themselves pretty bad/will have dealt a major blow once he gets deconfirmed (if he does), while for pretty much everyone else it won't be so much a surprise.

?????????????

Smash Master
Oh, damn, for a second, when I saw the Starfy picture and the CHALLENGER APPROACHING sign below it, I thought Starfy was confirmed!

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704

Skull Kid had a little.

Skull Kid had more than any character so far. I think he's just one of those characters you don't talk about wanting because we all knew it wasn't happening.

Kon

Smash Journeyman
On the Zelda topic I see Sakurai trolling all the people expecting 5 characters as he will just give Zelda and Shiek individual spots. Then, you will have your five characters you wanted ;)

Another question as I see many people ask your opinions on different characters. What's your opinion on the inclusion of Dillon? Does he seem somehow likely or doesn't he? If Dillon gets in, would you like the inclusion or say that it's an unimportant character people don't need?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I hope Little Mac is not still an Assist Trophy... they just added a stage that looked suspiciously like it's from Punch-Out!!... but I can see Sakurai giving false hope to Isaac/Saki supporters if he deconfirms Matthew/Isa as Assist Trophies when in reality, they replaced Isaac/Saki.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I hope Little Mac is not still an Assist Trophy... they just added a stage that looked suspiciously like it's from Punch-Out!!... but I can see Sakurai giving false hope to Isaac/Saki supporters if he deconfirms Matthew/Isa as Assist Trophies when in reality, they replaced Isaac/Saki.
This could easily happen. And I'd be upset by it.
View attachment 5420
starfy deconfirmed,
sorry Saturn, and starfy fans, right on Christmas day too. . .
Also, I forgot the obligationary:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Pichu evolved into Pikachu before Brawl.

Also, take heed, I liked Starfy to. But the Skull Kid takes who he wants. It's obligationary Skull Kid greets anyone who got lost in his woods on the way to Smash World. A terrible fate indeed...

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Sucks for Starfy fans. Not a huge fan of his, but I don't hate the dude. He could have been interesting I suppose. But at least he's still an assist. That should be better than nothing, right?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Fine, we'll just hatch another. :troll:
One with a better nature perhaps? And an ability that doesn't involve hurting itself? The horrors that would happen once it evolves though.... N64 Pikachu would be back. And it would MURDER.
On the Zelda topic I see Sakurai trolling all the people expecting 5 characters as he will just give Zelda and Shiek individual spots. Then, you will have your five characters ;)
No. Sheik won't ever get her own spot. So we need Impa.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
One with a better nature perhaps? And an ability that doesn't involve hurting itself?
Yup. Them newer Pichu's that have been hatched from the best sort of Pikachu's out there who never had a live of pain and depression. They are absolutely the best kinds out there and they definitely won't hurt themselves. Their truly the top percentage Pichu's of all!

And no, they are not owned by a trainer called Joey. :upsidedown:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I always sort of wanted a Pichu / Pikachu / Raichu character with evolution mechanics.

For the Pokémon Trainer this could also work.

Start with Bulbasaur, Charmander or Squirtle, evolve by gaining 'experience' aka, getting kills. Press B to stay in current evolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom