• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Vaati isn't a bad idea, but Saturn seems to only be adding Vaati to make Zelda even with Mario and Pokemon. This doesn't have to happen, the series is fine with the Triforce Trio and a younger Link. Another character is not necessary at the moment.
Not that I agree with Impa either.
I'm one of those guys that actually thinks that Tingle has a shot.
But I am not expecting another Zelda character myself.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Vaati isn't a bad idea, but Saturn seems to only be adding Vaati to make Zelda even with Mario and Pokemon. This doesn't have to happen, the series is fine with the Triforce Trio and a younger Link. Another character is not necessary at the moment.
Not that I agree with Impa either.
I'm one of those guys that actually thinks that Tingle has a shot.
But I am not expecting another Zelda character myself.
Yeah, unless Sakurai finds it "necessary" to have Zelda "keep up" with Pokemon and Mario, but I doubt we will get a Zelda newcomer (though I REALLY WANT Toon Zelda, I would be thrilled for Vaati as well, actually).

Just, new characters will make me happy.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I absolutely agree. But, you have to remember that Sakurai is not as rational as you think. He IS bias. I mean nobody thought Mario needed a fifth. So I was dumb enough to have a roster with just 4. But, what I didn't take into consideration was Sakurai's bias. Maybe Sakurai DOES feel Zelda should match Mario if Pokemon does. Brawl suggests he does. Just because we don't need it doesn't mean Sakurai's not gonna do it.

While we think "Oh, well technically Pokemon has 6 characters" Sakurai still sees it as 4 slots, while not 4 characters. We may not, but he clearly does.

I do actually think that while Vaati is unneeded, having the other recurring major villain would complete it.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I feel like Vaati is only slightly more important than Skull Kid, Zant, and Ghirahim in the past.
Sure, Vaati appeared in TWO games compared to the others' one, but he is still quite insignificant in the long run. Ganondorf is the only "necessary" villain.
Wait, so that WASN'T just from American Dad?
Huh.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Sure, Vaati appeared in THREE games compared to the others' one, but he is still quite insignificant in the long run. Ganondorf is the only "necessary" villain.
Fixed.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Vaati isn't really all that important (he is, but not nearly as much as Link, Zelda and Ganondorf) to the Zelda franchise.

I'm pretty sure the only reason he has a reasonable amount of want in Smash is because of the Minish Cap, which gained him a decent fannbase. His best chance was in Brawl, and Sakurai didn't give him the time of the day. He also considered and worked on Toon Zelda (and either a Toon Sheik or Tetra) during Brawl's development, but she was unable to make the final cut. We have no way of telling whether Sakurai deemed her unnecessary before the game's release or time constraints got in her way, but I'd still say Toon Zelda is more likely seeing as how she was at least considered and worked on at some point. That's just my opinion, I'm not saying she is certainly the most likely Zelda newcomer. It also depends on what Sakurai wants for the Zelda series, he may want another semi-clone, or he may want someone unique. Neither Toon Zelda/Tetra nor Vaati are necessarily the most likely Zelda newcomers.

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
how many people do you think would be butthurt to see Zelda and Sheik separated this time around? to be honest, id be all for it. I hated that Sheik was still tacked on to Zelda in brawl. I just feel they would be better off broken up....it was never meant to be...ya know?

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Problem with Tetra / Toon Zelda is : too many Zeldas.

Problem with Tingle is : hatebase, and Villager's Up B.

Problem with Vaati is : Ganondorf, and not being the major side-villain to the series anyway with appearances of Yuga, Ghirahim and Zant after his creation.

Problem with Impa is : Y'all hate her.

I SEE NO PROBLEM IN ADDING IMPA AT ALL! :cool:
problem with tetra without toon zelda NONE OF THE ABOVE!

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
I actually really hope if they add Tetra they dont attach Toon Zelda to her, it seems rather redundant, on top of it being a 4th incarnation of the Zelda character....

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
1. Maybe because Kirby is one of the most popular and important Nintendo franchises.

2. He is plausible because is important to his series,is popular and is an unique character,maybe the reasons why Rosalina is in the game.

He is not "needed" or 100% likely ,but is a real possibility.

I agree that the Kirby series is one Nintendo's more popular series, I just don't see that as warranting another spot. And I don't see the comparison of Bandana Dee with Rosalina at all. Still thanks for the response, I thought direct answer would clear some personal question but I just may be too stubborn for my own good I guess.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Two Links, three Zeldas, two Ganon/dorf's. I'd rather have somebody that isn't just another version of the main three characters. Which is why I'd rather Vaati, Impa or even Tingle over Telda, Tetra, Phantelda, Masked Link, or Ganon if it came down to adding a nother Zelda character.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Sheik. Isn't. Getting. Cut.

There will likely be the same 5 Zelda characters. Sakurai views the roster as 39, not 35 characters, so I disagree with the notion that he views it as equivalent amounts of characters.

Merry Christmas friends!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I personally doubt Tetra would be able to make it in on her own. She'd most likely have Toon Zelda come along with her imo. =/
Yeah but 4 Zeldas? COME ON! If they go for a tagteam system with Toon Zelda / Tetra, doubt they'd cut Sheik. 4 different Zeldas is just too much, I don't see why anyone else doesn't see this!

Impa, best option.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Yeah but 4 Zeldas? COME ON! If they go for a tagteam system with Toon Zelda / Tetra, doubt they'd cut Sheik. 4 different Zeldas is just too much, I don't see why anyone else doesn't see this!
Well technically its two Zelda's and Two Tetra's but yeah. But I think that's more of a nitpick than something that would cause Sakurai to only include Tetra on her own, really... =/ Also sorry for the replyless quote, Internet is acting a bit buggy for some reason...

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
The best option is to not add anybody from Zelda. Better yet, use that slot on someone actually interesting. Ridley, K.Rool, Mewtwo, Palutena, Shulk, Wonder Red...all characters that are far more interesting than Impa if you ask me.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
The best option is to not add anybody from Zelda. Better yet, use that slot on someone actually interesting. Ridley, K.Rool, Mewtwo, Palutena, Shulk, Wonder Red...all characters that are far more interesting than Impa if you ask me.

Yes to Mewtwo and K.Rool.

The others...?

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077

Impa, best option.
I don't classify tetra and zelda the same character (even if they are). they are just too different.

I will be upset if it comes with Telda though, thats just utterly pointless and stupid

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
100% agreed, except on Wonder Red. no new Zelda, using the time to make more interesting and requested characters is the better option.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Sheik. Isn't. Getting. Cut.

There will likely be the same 5 Zelda characters. Sakurai views the roster as 39, not 35 characters, so I disagree with the notion that he views it as equivalent amounts of characters.

Merry Christmas friends!
When looking at individual movesets, Sakurai see's it as 39 character, but I think in terms of representation, Sakurai see's the number of slots.

Vaati isn't really all that important (he is, but not nearly as much as Link, Zelda and Ganondorf) to the Zelda franchise.

I'm pretty sure the only reason he has a reasonable amount of want in Smash is because of the Minish Cap, which gained him a decent fannbase. His best chance was in Brawl, and Sakurai didn't give him the time of the day. He also considered and worked on Toon Zelda (and either a Toon Sheik or Tetra) during Brawl's development, but she was unable to make the final cut. We have no way of telling whether Sakurai deemed her unnecessary before the game's release or time constraints got in her way, but I'd still say Toon Zelda is more likely seeing as how she was at least considered and worked on at some point. That's just my opinion, I'm not saying she is certainly the most likely Zelda newcomer. It also depends on what Sakurai wants for the Zelda series, he may want another semi-clone, or he may want someone unique. Neither Toon Zelda/Tetra nor Vaati are necessarily the most likely Zelda newcomers.
He's also got a good chance now too, seeing his anniversary edition and 3DS ambassador were both in 2011, and I'm not arguing that he's more important than the big 3. He's also got that uniquness in him too.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
4 Zeldas is NOT okay in my book, and if Rosalina can make it in, Impa can and should. Especially if there's gonna be a 6th Mario character, whoever it may be.

And I really don't think the 3DS ambassador game has much to do with chances for Smash Bros.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
He's also got a good chance now too, seeing his anniversary edition and 3DS ambassador were both in 2011, and I'm not arguing that he's more important than the big 3. He's also got that uniquness in him too.
I think the releases of the anniversary edition and 3DS ambassador only makes the option more open to Sakurai.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Just got Xenoblade, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Link Between Worlds, and Animal Crossing New Leaf.
This is turning out to be a great Christmas.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
What is your favorite Smash moment of all time?
Rosalina's reveal
Same thing on my end. That alone gave me one less character to be concerned about, especially after all the bashing that I've received for supporting her.

Just got Xenoblade, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Link Between Worlds, and Animal Crossing New Leaf.
I'm looking forward to getting Super Mario 3D World. I'll probably get Sonic: Lost World on New Year's though.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
nice, this month ive gotten Link Between Worlds, Fire Emblem Awakening, Animal Crossing and the WW Wii U bundle with Pikmin 3. HIGH FIVE FOR A GOOD CHRISTMAS!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom