• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Is this some sort of stealth date question?
Nah, it's for Super Smashboards, don't worry. :p
I'm taking a little poll and then giving the results to Scoliosis. Then we will decide if the victor is worthy enough.
It doesn't guarantee inclusion, but it sure helps.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Since it's christmas, and South Park is always snowing. Who would be your top 5 most wanted South Park Characters:

5.George R.R. Martin
4.Mintberry Crunch
3.Mr. Hankey
2.Ike
1.Chef

Also Sakurai does the perfect impression of George R.R. Martin: "Don't worry! They're still coming! Newcomers are on their way! They're gonna be AMAZING!"

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Since it's christmas, and South Park is always snowing. Who would be your top 5 most wanted South Park Characters:

5.George R.R. Martin
4.Mintberry Crunch
3.Mr. Hankey
2.Ike
1.Chef

Also Sakurai does the perfect impression of George R.R. Martin: "Don't worry! They're still coming! Newcomers are on their way! They're gonna be AMAZING!"
...Mr. Slave.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Hey guys, just a question, I'm taking a poll for Smashboards Brawl.
Who is your most wanted user besides yourself for Smashboards Brawl?
The character who wins has a boosted shot of appearing in the final roster.
Be sure not to waste your vote on a likely newcomer, since that'd be kind of a waste.
:p

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Very off topic, I'm watching the Iron Giant right now (remember that movie?) and I forgot how sad it was. Oh my God I'm bawling right now with Eggnog in my lap.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
I don't see any problem. He's an Iconic Zelda character from an iconic Zelda spin off series with recurrence. I mean his role is the most important out of the other contestents. With the exception of recency he's the only one who doesn't have any issues with his inclusion such as excessiveness, unoriginality, or just plain unimportant role-wise.

To say he's not likely AT ALL is closed minded and will result in embarrassment if it actually happens.
He's got some recentness too, after all his anniversary edition and 3DS ambassador were both in 2011

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Problem with Tetra / Toon Zelda is : too many Zeldas.

Problem with Tingle is : hatebase, and Villager's Up B.

Problem with Vaati is : Ganondorf, and not being the major side-villain to the series anyway with appearances of Yuga, Ghirahim and Zant after his creation.

Problem with Impa is : Y'all hate her.

I SEE NO PROBLEM IN ADDING IMPA AT ALL! :cool:

Autumn ♫

Problem with Vaati is : Ganondorf, and not being the major side-villain to the series anyway with appearances of Yuga, Ghirahim and Zant after his creation.
I guess Bowser Jr. will never be in Smash because of Bowser, sorry Bowser Jr. fans.
He's a major side villain in 4 Swords Adventures and is the main villain in Minish Cap and 4 Swords, making him more important than the likes of Yuga, Zant, and Ghirihim.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Problem with Tetra / Toon Zelda is : too many Zeldas. Too many incarnations of the same type from one franchise.

Problem with Impa is: Too many Sheikahs
Fix'd. I don't think anyone here hates Impa at all. I mean just because we constantly talk about how Shadow isn't getting doesn't mean we hate HIM.

Ganondorf, and not being the major side-villain to the series anyway with appearances of Yuga, Ghirahim and Zant after his creation.
How do those characters have anything to do with Vaati? Also Since when was Vaati ever a side villian? He was the main villian in both GBA games, and in Four Swords Adventures he served more importance than Ganon who was only at the end. And what does Ganondorf's appearance in Smash have to do with Vaati? That's an ironic issue you have with him considering you see no problem with Impa while Sheik is in the game.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Very off topic, I'm watching the Iron Giant right now (remember that movie?) and I forgot how sad it was. Oh my God I'm bawling right now with Eggnog in my lap.
That was one of my favorite movies when I was much younger, I haven't seen it in a good few years though. I'll have to watch again sometime when I get a good chance.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I guess Bowser Jr. will never be in Smash because of Bowser, sorry Bowser Jr. fans.
He's a major side villain in 4 Swords Adventures and is the main villain in Minish Cap and 4 Swords, making him more important than the likes of Yuga, Zant, and Ghirihim.
It's probably true though. With Rosalina getting in, and the likes of Paper Mario and Toad still to be added (though Toad has no chance now) Bowser Jr.'s chances seem extremely slim. A secondary villain in general isn't that likely for a series, unless your name happens to be Kirby (MK and DDD are more anti-heroes though anyway). Fact remains that Vaati is pretty much only the boss of the game if it's a Four Swords Zelda, and Minish Cap was an exception I guess. Still, after his appearance in MC, Nintendo didn't bother using him for all the upcoming games aside from Four Sword, while they had all the chance to do so.
How do those characters have anything to do with Vaati? Also Since when was Vaati ever a side villian? He was the main villian in both GBA games, and in Four Swords Adventures he served more importance than Ganon who was only at the end. And what does Ganondorf's appearance in Smash have to do with Vaati? That's an ironic issue you have with him considering you see no problem with Impa while Sheik is in the game.
He's a side villain cause he isn't Ganon, who's easily the series' main villain. Simple like that. Saying Vaati is important because of Four Swords Adventures is like saying Zant and Ghirahim are more important to, because up till the end, you only fight them, not Ganondorf / Demise.

What Ganondorf's appearance means? There already is a villain. And he's irreplacable, unlike Sheik. Impa can get in in favor for Sheik cause she's more important, can't say that the other way around with Vaati and Ganondorf. Not at all! Besides that, Impa has a personal connection with Zelda, so it makes far more sence for her to be in.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Problem with Tetra / Toon Zelda is : too many Zeldas.

Problem with Impa is : Y'all hate her.

I SEE NO PROBLEM IN ADDING IMPA AT ALL! :cool:
The problem is you wanting to cut a beloved Smash staple FOR Impa.
It's unnecessary. You can preach all that "Sheik isn't relevant" stuff, but in the long run I can just rebut with Roy.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
He's a side villain cause he isn't Ganon
OH! OKAY THEN! :rolleyes:

Saying Vaati is important because of Four Swords Adventures is like saying Zant and Ghirahim are more important to, because up till the end, you only fight them, not Ganondorf / Demise.
How exactly is it like that again? Aren't those two completely unrelatable interpretations of importance? :laugh:

What Ganondorf's appearance means? There already is a villain.
There is already a Sheikah. There is already a hero and a Link.
Also: :metaknight: :dedede:

And he's irreplacable, unlike Sheik.
Sheik is confirmed to return. Sakurai already said he isn't replacing anyone. Get that through your head.

Besides that, Impa has a personal connection with Zelda, so it makes far more sence for her to be in.
So it makes more sense to have Zelda transform into a friend of Zelda instead of another form of Zelda. "Diddy Kong Logic" you guys :rolleyes:

Also explain how a two time veteran is replaceable. Also Sheik is irrelevant?

MY ASS

Just give it up already. Nobody's gonna think any less of you if you just admit it.

Autumn ♫

It's probably true though. With Rosalina getting in, and the likes of Paper Mario and Toad still to be added (though Toad has no chance now) Bowser Jr.'s chances seem extremely slim. A secondary villain in general isn't that likely for a series, unless your name happens to be Kirby (MK and DDD are more anti-heroes though anyway). Fact remains that Vaati is pretty much only the boss of the game if it's a Four Swords Zelda, and Minish Cap was an exception I guess. Still, after his appearance in MC, Nintendo didn't bother using him for all the upcoming games aside from Four Sword, while they had all the chance to do so.
There weren't too many places to add him earlier, he doesn't seem to fit right with OoT3D or LBW and WWHD was a remake, so I don't think I would see Vaati there either. My point is, just because you're a secondary villain doesn't mean you can't be in Smash. Impa is pretty much a secondary character in all her appearences.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom