• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anderceus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Anderceus
3DS FC
0877-0236-8016
You know, if Cooking Mama wasn't third-party I think we'd be seeing her in Smash already, because cooking your opponents alive and then filleting their corpses while you simultaneously beat them with a meat tenderizer and use a rolling pin to flatten what's left, all the while stabbing them repeatedly with a sharp butter knife and cutting them open and putting hot spices inside to rack up damage while smiling the entire time could be fun.

Or I'm just a very dark person. Yeah, I'm gonna go with that.
Evil-Mama.jpg

Kon

Smash Journeyman
I like this roster a lot, then again I don't.
Your reason for cutting Snake and Ike are a tad confounding to me.
Simply saying Snake has no presence is rather strange: Konami has a good presence with the 3DS, having titles like MGS3D or Castlevania: LoS: Mirror of Fate.
You also seem to view it as that Chrom is absolutely getting in no matter the case. There's a good shot that he's not going to be added, as Ike is still very popular, he's what Marth is to Japan. (In other words, a big deal.

Other than not having a 4th Kirby Rep, which is to me, the one outlying questionable aspect of the roster, this has good additions. Props for adding Kamek and Medusa!

I need to apologize, asthis post was off topic and a tad outdated, but it didn't send for a very long time and I wasn't recieving any notifications for a while. :p
I'm not speaking in general of Konami. The series relation to Nintendo is important. Sega also publishes many titles for other consoles than Nintendo, but most of the Sonic titles find their way to Nintendo consoles. Also we have Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games showing the good relation too. Therefore, I see the relation between Sonic and Nintendo. However the Metal Gear series has about 3-4 titles for Nintendo consoles at best, most of the Metal Gear titles appear for other consoles than Nintendo consoles. I hope the point is clearer now. Megaman appears as another example with many titles with less titles on non-Nintendo consoles than title on Nintendo consoles. It's not about the company itself, otherwise we could also say because of the good relations between Sega and Nintendo some pretty unknown Sega franchises can get into the Super Smash Bros roster.

And speaking of Marth and Ike: Roy was also popular in the time of Melee and he still has some fans and supporters. Still Sakurai decided to rather remove Roy and add Ike instead of changing Roy to get him having more different moves from Marths. I like the two Fire Emblem characters constellation where one character represents the series and here we can be sure Marth is more important than Ike in the series. Fire Emblem has one problem: The lords don't stay for many titles. Most of them are only in one title or maybe two. However if Sakurai always keeps every Fire Emblem character he adds because people love the character and adds for every installment the most recent lord, then we risk getting more and more Fire Emblem characters. That's the main reason why I prefer the two characters constellation. Also: If Sakurai decides to handle it that way, we would even feel like a Fire Emblem cut and the add of another Fire Emblem character instead is normal.
The point about three bluehaired swordsmen seems pretty superficial but can you deny that it looks strange all characters being male and having blue hair? And fighting with a sword? It's as if every Kirby character was pink. It's as if you had Hammerbrother, Koopa, Lakitu(with green shell) and Bumerangbrother in the same Mario Kart game. Lakitu would be the character most easily to differ from the others but the other three would look pretty similar and therefore be a less interesting addition than I don't know a character like blooper. Might be a strange example but I hope you get the point. Marth, Roy and Ike(or Chrom) look more interesting while looking at them than Marth, Ike and Chrom. Might just be me but it's beside of the number of representative characters for me also an aesthetic aspect.
And if you mean Marth and Ike would be better than Marth and Chrom, well: SSBB was good for advertising games that otherwise would have gotten less attention. And while Ike may be popular, it's already known that Fire Emblem: Awakening is a huge success for the series, also speaking of worldwide sold copies. This also gives Chrom support as the game featuring him as a lord got that often sold.

Talking of the 4th Kirby Rep, I was also thinking about adding Waddle Dee, but then I said to me that 3 spots are okay for the series. Of course if there were a 4th character for the franchise, then it would definitely be Waddle Dee. However I feel fine with Kirby, Metaknight and King Dedede.

Thanks for your opinion on my roster. It is nice to see someone react to a roster. Especially as I spent about 2 days on research for information to be sure I could use relevant numbers, having an idea of how well the different franchises are received in general and how many games there are for the single franchises that were already in SSBB.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Has anybody tried Disney Infinity? It's really fun just to create worlds with friends and blast each other from your Dumbo carts.

Well, I'm opening presents early tonight, almost 100% certain Spirit Tracks is among them. So, with that, I ask you:

What is your favorite Smash moment of all time?

Anderceus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Anderceus
3DS FC
0877-0236-8016
Well, I'd say may favorite moment was when I made a tunnel spikes in the Brawl level editor, and the CPUs got stuck in it. :p

EDIT: My favorite would probably be beating Tabuu for the first time when I was just a wee lad. As a young'un, he was probably the scariest boss I had ever faced.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Pokemon Trainer's and Sonic's reveal.

Mine would probably be Mega Man's reveal, I came home from the last of day of school right on time for Smash. Being new to the series, and really hyped for it, I freaked out in excitement, and then joined Smashboards soon after I calmed down.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Has anybody tried Disney Infinity? It's really fun just to create worlds with friends and blast each other from your Dumbo carts.

Well, I'm opening presents early tonight, almost 100% certain Spirit Tracks is among them. So, with that, I ask you:

In Brawl:

(I feel bad for Luigi, but it's still funny, and awesome because of King Dedede)

For Smash 4, I was overjoyed to see Toon Link return, not to mention surprised that Sakurai ultimately decided to make him one of the first reveals by revealing him for WWHD's release.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
You know, if Cooking Mama wasn't third-party I think we'd be seeing her in Smash already, because cooking your opponents alive and then filleting their corpses while you simultaneously beat them with a meat tenderizer and use a rolling pin to flatten what's left, all the while stabbing them repeatedly with a sharp butter knife and cutting them open and putting hot spices inside to rack up damage while smiling the entire time could be fun.

Or I'm just a very dark person. Yeah, I'm gonna go with that.
I always knew you were cool, this just confirms it. :p

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
1) Sanic
2) Brawl trailer
3) Finally getting that last ****ing random sticker after two ****ing years of being at 699/700. ****.
4) Falling asleep in class on March 10, 2008 because I stayed up sneaking down to play Brawl all night.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]

Easy, I think this counts since it IS a smash moment. I saw it live :bee:

Kon

Smash Journeyman
I feel the same. However I'll be at least as excited for the DK series newcomer as well as for Dillon who is my most wanted newcomer.(even though he isn't the most likely, I feel like he would be absolutely right in a Smash Bros game)

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

Owning every player with Green Olimar. :shades:

Kon

Smash Journeyman
Yeah somewhere around there is probably a safe bet, i'm thinking 45 is gonna be the minimum, while 50 being the max.
That's exactly what I hope for. 50 as maximum seems good to me as my roster has 49 on it. If most of my wished and still somehow not impossible character choices come true, I'll be happy. Otherwise I will only be satisfied as it's SSB4 at least xp

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl

Rosalina.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Favorite moments ranked:

1) Diddy's reveal in Brawl, on the Dojo
2) The badass SSE scene of DK & Diddy
3) Mewtwo's reveal in Melee
4) Diddy being Top Tier
5) Ike's reveal in Brawl

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
My favorite Smash moment of all time? Well, I haven't been in the Smash speculation for very long, and I already knew about most characters in the previous Smash's, so mine is probably the 2013 E3 reveal. Although, Vaati being revealed as a playable character would easily beat that.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Nothing can ever beat Diddy's reveal for me.

Think his reveal in Smash 4 will also definitely be up there.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The only part of the SSB4 trailer that I preferred to Brawl's trailer (other than the amount of veterans shown) was the nice little montage of existing series in their natural setting right at the beginning. Really made it feel like a collection of all-stars.

But overall Brawl's trailer was just too much hype. I exploded and reformed only to explode again. I dunno what it was. The music... the characters... the epicness... it was all very well done. I dunno if it was fair trade for a horrible game intro... but nonetheless it served its purpose to overcome me with hype very well.

And I prefer Mega Man to Snake, obviously, but no one saw Snake coming, no one saw any third-parties coming, so that still resonates with me more than Mega Man's trailer (which is totally awesome in its own right, it's the one I've watched most out of the four).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom