• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Pichu the Tiny Mouse Pokemon

You know Mario, Link, Fox and Samus, Pikachu, Kirby, Ness and Captain Falcon. But do you recall, the most epic character of all?
Pichu, the Tiny Mouse Pokemon, was a Pikachu clone, nobody ever played him, they never left him alone.
All of the other Smashers, used to never play him in Melee, they never played poor Pichu, in any of their Smash Bros. games.
Then one Smash anniversary, Sakurai came to say, Pichu you ar in Smash 4, you won't be made fun of anymore.
Then all the Smashers loved him, they played him every day with glee, Pichu, the Tiny Mouse Pokemon, you'll go down in history!
Wow.

Xhampi

Smash Lord

You know Mario, Link, Fox and Samus, Pikachu, Kirby, Ness and Captain Falcon. But do you recall, the most epic character of all?
Pichu, the Tiny Mouse Pokemon, was a Pikachu clone, nobody ever played him, they never left him alone.
All of the other Smashers, used to never play him in Melee, they never played poor Pichu, in any of their Smash Bros. games.
Then one Smash anniversary, Sakurai came to say, Pichu you ar in Smash 4, you won't be made fun of anymore.
Then all the Smashers loved him, they played him every day with glee, Pichu, the Tiny Mouse Pokemon, you'll go down in history!
I really miss Pichu, he was my main back then.
It was fun to see the reaction of people making fun of Pichu then getting crushed by him D=
I hope that we will at least get him as an alternate costume for Pikachu.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~

:surprised: :bee:
wow superbrawler that was just plain epic :3

Anderceus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Anderceus
3DS FC
0877-0236-8016
CompleteRoster.png

EDIT: this is not a prediction, it is what I, personally, would like to see.

My ideal roster, totaling 62 characters.
(Dr. Mario, Paper Mario, Paper Luigi, Toon Link, Wolf Link, Toon Ganondorf, Retro D.K., D.K. Junior, Yarn Kirby, and Male Wii Fit Trainer are costumes, not individual characters.)
It is up for criticism.
[If there is a different thread where I should have posted this, please specify it.]

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
View attachment 5406

My ideal roster, totaling 63 characters.
(Dr. Mario, Paper Mario, Paper Luigi, Toon Link, Toon Ganondorf, Retro D.K., D.K. Junior, Yarn Kirby, and Male Wii Fit Trainer are costumes, not individual characters.)
It is up for criticism.
[If there is a different thread where I should have posted this, please specify it.]
No K.Rool.

Or Ridley....

And a butload of 3rd Party characters?

Your ideals are not the norm, good sir.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
View attachment 5406

(Dr. Mario, Paper Mario, Paper Luigi, Toon Link, Toon Ganondorf, Retro D.K., D.K. Junior, Yarn Kirby, and Male Wii Fit Trainer are costumes, not individual characters.)
It is up for criticism.
If this a prediction, or what you want to see?

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
View attachment 5406

It is up for criticism.
Not to be mean, but there's so much no just no with your roster, i'll let the others dissect it, but my question is....

Why sackboy?

majora_787

Smash Hero
I need to rearrange my ideal roster methinks. I'll work on that. Also the above roster, if it gets points for anything, is organized vertically and not horizontally. Woo.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
This is me eyeing both the Christmas presents and Smashboards at once.​
Alright, so what is one retro you guys don't want to see?​

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Aw, don't be like that.
It's amusing. Immature, but amusing.
I kinda wanna see how this will turn out...

-----
Unfortunately as a mod it is my job to ruin anything slightly amusing and make sure you all stick to rehashing topics already done to death while being very polite and preferably showing as little emotion as possible. :troll:

N3ON will take none of your ****.

View attachment 5406

My ideal roster, totaling 62 characters.
(Dr. Mario, Paper Mario, Paper Luigi, Toon Link, Wolf Link, Toon Ganondorf, Retro D.K., D.K. Junior, Yarn Kirby, and Male Wii Fit Trainer are costumes, not individual characters.)
It is up for criticism.
I'm very disappointed you didn't take the opportunity to call the Journey protagonist Wanderer as you put him above Wander. :awesome:

And don't worry, this is a fine place to post your roster (if you like harsh criticism). If not, you can also post it in the Roster Display Thread.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Retros I don't want to see? I think Little Mac is fine and Takamaru seems a bit... I dunno.

I mean it's not even bias since I have literally no experience with either series, I'm just saying Takamaru seems a bit "no-ish". Or "no-y". "Nowi" if we want to make this about Fire Emblem somehow.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
This is me eyeing both the Christmas presents and Smashboards at once.

Alright, so what is one retro you guys don't want to see?
Lip (not really sure if retro, come at me bros), Jumpman, diskun, anything along the too obscure route..... but ya know with the uniqueness train chugging along I guess I could warm up to them if a weird retro gets in. I just don't expect it.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Lip (not really sure if retro, come at me bros), Jumpman, diskun, anything along the too obscure route..... but ya know with the uniqueness train chugging along I guess I could warm up to them if a weird retro gets in. I just don't expect it.
I think Lip would be fine, I'm not too sure about Diskun.

Jumpman is definitely NO. I would love to see Duck Hunt Dog, I think that would be hilarious.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I count 18.
Geno, Sonic, Sackboy, Lloyd, Chrono, Amaterasu, Cooking Mama (WANT), Viewtiful Joe, Bomberman, Phoenix, Megaman, Layton, Banjo, Black Mage, Journey, Wander, Maxwell, Ryu.

That's... yep, 18.
How would you define "third party"?

I define that as having no relation whatsoever with Nintendo; perhaps we're not talking about the same thing?

A "third-party" is a character that would be developed by a company that is NOT Nintendo. So characters like Banjo-Kazooie, while first appearing on a Nintendo console, are third-party, since they were created by Rare.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I define that as having no relation whatsoever with Nintendo; perhaps we're not talking about the same thing?
"Third Party" refers to characters that are not owned by Nintendo. For some examples.

Sonic is owned by Sega.

Snake and Bomberman belong to Konami.

Prof. Layton belongs to Level-5.

Mega Man, Phoenix Wright, and Amaterasu belong to Capcom.

And Geno is owned by Square Enix.

Anderceus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Anderceus
3DS FC
0877-0236-8016
Geno, Sonic, Sackboy, Lloyd, Chrono, Amaterasu, Cooking Mama (WANT), Viewtiful Joe, Bomberman, Phoenix, Megaman, Layton, Banjo, Black Mage, Journey, Wander, Maxwell, Ryu.

That's... yep, 18.
Oh… I see where the problems with my roster lie. Ah well, it'll never become canon anyway.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
I like how Mega Bidoof claims that this thread isn't intelligent, and then goes off on a wild tangent like he just did. >_>

The technical definition of a third party character is a character that isn't owned by Nintendo.

First Party characters are owned by Nintendo (such as: Mario, Zelda, StarFox, Kirby and Donkey Kong characters)
Second Party characters are owned by individual developers at Nintendo (Pokemon and Fire Emblem are the big two)
Third Party characters are not owned by anyone at Nintendo (like Snake, Sonic, Mega Man, Amaterasu, Sackboy, etc)

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
So, I will be back. I need to make a new roster....

In the meantime, how about a question: Viridi in Smash. What would she bring to the table? Discuss.

Anderceus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Anderceus
3DS FC
0877-0236-8016
"Third Party" refers to characters that are not owned by Nintendo. For some examples.

Sonic is owned by Sega.

Snake and Bomberman belong to Konami.

Prof. Layton belongs to Level-5.

Mega Man, Phoenix Wright, and Amaterasu belong to Capcom.

And Geno is owned by Square Enix.
I was under the impression that if they had appeared in a Nintendo game, they weren't third party. Oops. :3 I want make that mistake again.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Fire Emblem isn't second party actually.

Intelligent Systems is wholly owned by Nintendo.

It's first party.

The only second party series that has a character in Smash is Pokemon.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
You know, if Cooking Mama wasn't third-party I think we'd be seeing her in Smash already, because cooking your opponents alive and then filleting their corpses while you simultaneously beat them with a meat tenderizer and use a rolling pin to flatten what's left, all the while stabbing them repeatedly with a sharp butter knife and cutting them open and putting hot spices inside to rack up damage while smiling the entire time could be fun.

Or I'm just a very dark person. Yeah, I'm gonna go with that.

Anderceus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Anderceus
3DS FC
0877-0236-8016
Fire Emblem isn't second party actually.

Intelligent Systems is wholly owned by Nintendo.

It's first party.

The only second party series that has a character in Smash is Pokemon.
Unless, of course, Sakurai decides to add Waluigi; he was created by Camelot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom