• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Anyway Dedede will be revealed soon, I always thought it would be with a game promotion just like toon link and sonic. But because the bell pepper has spoken, were gonna get dedede randomly. Yep expect dedede on monday guys.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Yes. Considering Vaati got literally nothing in Brawl when he was hot off his two last appearances and still had a large fanbase
This matters because?

and since then has done nothing
Again, why does this matter? And didn't we get a Four Swords Re-release on DSi?

I'd put many characters before him in terms of likelihood
Including a character who has done literally nothing, but be a recent villain. Well, okay then.

Why exactly would he get in at this point?
Oh, right. I forgot this was Super Recency Brothers. Probably because Vaati has the most important role out of all of these characters. I mean you have the main character, the young main character, the damsel who is in the name of the title, the most important villian, I think Sakurai would then add the second most recurring and important villian. Not Zelda's pure clone butler, and Ghiriham who I am still perplexed as to why he's considered an option when he hasn't done anything to deserve more than a trophy. That's like adding Zant.

Other characters are more popular
Muh populaRosalina.

other characters have as much potential
Toon Zelda, Tingle, and Impa?

other characters were actually planned
Like Toon Zelda and nobody else. We didn't get Dr. Mario. Why Toon Zelda?

other characters are more important to the series.
Like Rosalina?

Vaati is cool, but he's not likely. Like at all.
Well, I know you don't like to change your stance, so I might as well not argue it. But, I have to say that last comment was rather...."no".

Anyway. Agree to disagree.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Likeliness: Vaati > Tingle > Toon Zelda
Toon Zelda/Tingle > Tingle/Toon Zelda > Impa > Everybody Else.

These three are the most likely IF we get a Zelda newcomer. And that's a big if. But I would say it'd be these three or bust. I believe, in terms of importance, Tingle and Toon Zelda and/or Tetra are pretty even in terms of relevance. But it's gotta be one of these three. I guess Vaati is much more important than being "everyone else", but I don't think he has reached the prominence of these three. I mean, he's nothing more than a sidestory to Ganondorf.

Even through all of this, a Zelda newcomer is not as strong a possibility as a the long-awaited fifth Mario rep, so I would be fine having what he had in Brawl.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Might as well wish you all a early merry christmas, the only way I know how.

Looking foward to all of you's acting like jerks on the 26th :p

Wait a minute.
December 26th is Boxing Day.
BOXING day!
BOXING!!!!

LITTLE MAC REVEAL!!!!

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I mean, he's nothing more than a sidestory to Ganondorf.
so we're being bias? Lemme try!

*ahem*

Impa is nothing more than a bodyguard. Tingle is nothing more than a hated fairyboy wannabe. Toon Zelda is nothing, but an unnecessary second incarnation from the same franchise.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
so we're being bias? Lemme try!

*ahem*

Impa is nothing more than a bodyguard. Tingle is nothing more than a hated fairyboy wannabe. Toon Zelda is nothing, but an unnecessary second incarnation from the same franchise.
Very mature.

You're right. All they are are stupid side characters. Everyone beyond the ones we originally had in Brawl are side characters. But I think side characters who actually are beneficial to the aid of the main character are more important than a pawn to the main villain. Just my personal bias, though, it can be interpreted by Sakurai in any ways. Speculating and coming up with hypotheses is pretty useless altogether.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
You know Mario, Link, Fox and Wolf, Pikachu, Bowser, Sonic and Ganondorf. But do you recall, the most famous Smasher of all?
Impa the Engimatic Sheikah, had a very awesome Deku Nut. And if you ever saw it, she would rip open your gut!
All of the other Smashers, wouldn't her let in any tournaments.
Then one foggy Christmas Eve, Santa came to say: Impa, with your awesomeness, won't you destroy Meta Knight's OPness?
Then all the Smashers loved her, as they shouted out with glee, Impa the Engimatic Sheikah, you'll go down in history!!!

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
You know Mario, Link, Fox and Wolf, Pikachu, Bowser, Sonic and Ganondorf. But do you recall, the most famous Smasher of all?
Impa the Sheikah, had a very awesome Deku Nut. And if you ever saw it, she would rip open your gut!
All of the other Smashers, wouldn't let in any tournaments.
Then one foggy Christmas Eve, Santa came to say: Impa, with your awesomeness, won't you destroy Meta Knight's OPness?
Then all the Smashers loved her, as they shouted out with glee, Impa the Sheikah, you'll go down in history!!!
Edit it to Impa the Enigmatic Sheikah and I think the song will work better.

Dammit! Change your avatar to something not Diddy! I keep thinking you're Diddy.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Sometimes I wonder if Saturn just gets in to arguments because he thinks they're fun.

Then I remember its almost Christmas.

Then I don't care. :awesome:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Wait a minute.
December 26th is Boxing Day.
BOXING day!
BOXING!!!!

LITTLE MAC REVEAL!!!!

Heh, you beat me to it.

Although Japanese love their puns, I don't see Sakurai doing this. :/
But I had a very faint glimmer of hope that he'd reveal Little Mac on Boxing Day, lol.

On the other hand, LM is probably one of the last few hype-building characters left, so he might be his trump card for later. (Next E3)

D

Deleted member

Path of Radiance came before the Diamond and Pearl versions, so Lucario was the youngest fighter at that time.
You're forgetting that Lucario's movie came out years before D/P, and Lucario first appeared in a game in Mystery Dungeon Red/Blue.

Lucario may be the youngest, but he's not that young when compared to Ike. And technically Lucas is the youngest since Mother 3 was in 2006. *In before Earthbound 64 is brought up*

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Impa the Engimatic Sheikah, had a very awesome Deku Nut. And if you ever saw it, she would rip open your gut!
All of the other Smashers, wouldn't her let in any tournaments.
Then all the Smashers loved her, as they shouted out with glee, Impa the Engimatic Sheikah, you'll go down in history!!!
Am I the only one that chuckled at "OPness?"
Say it outloud.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
@Noah
It matters because when he was at his most likely, Sakurai didn't even give him the time of day. And while that would've been a good chance for him to be included, you're right, it wouldn't be the only one. However, he hasn't done anything since then to increase his chances, increase his likelihood, or increase his merit. Sure, the bar does get lower with each iteration of Smash, but from what angle would Sakurai have to be looking to find Vaati the top candidate? Because according to you we should get the second most important and recurring villain next? Then where's Bowser Jr? Potential wise while he offers a unique moveset, so do other Zelda characters. Yes, even Toon Zelda, Tingle, and Impa could offer unique movesets (not saying they will - well Tingle probably would). You seem quick to dismiss popularity, but just because Rosalina didn't have as much as other Mario characters (though she did in Japan) doesn't mean popularity can be dismissed. Sakurai has given it as a reason for inclusion in every game since Melee, and in Melee that's why half the initial batch of newcomers were added in the first place.

And yeah, a character being planned last time can't be dismissed either. Sure it might not pan out, but Sakurai does have a history of implementing characters planned previously, we can't just throw that away because not every single planned character is going to make it in. I'm not saying Toon Zelda will make it in, I'm not saying she's the only or ever best choice, but her role in the series hasn't exactly diminished since she was planned, we can't ignore that possibility. Yeah, she might end up a clone, but despite what people think, getting new semi-clones is still a possibility. We've gotten them in every installment so far.

What does Vaati have above the other candidates? He has potential, so do they. He has relative importance, he has multiple appearances... so do they. Some of them have more importance. Some of them have more appearances. A good handful have more popularity. What exactly would convince Sakurai to add him at this point? Because he's the "second villain"?

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
But people should be acting like its Christmas every day, being kind and courteous to one another, having civil discussions and helping each other out.

Ah who am I kidding, people won't do that....

though I wish they did but its probably not happening...

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
People imitating other users to mock them has got to stop. It's not funny and it's immature.

The only thing that made KingShadow's attempt funny was that Diddy took him under his wing and they collaborated from there.

Ib4someonehasIvysauravi

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
...Ugh, somethings up with my internet today. 100+ Messages went by without it giving me one notification, :glare:

But people should be acting like its Christmas every day, being kind and courteous to one another, having civil discussions and helping each other out.

Ah who am I kidding, people won't do that....

though I wish they did but its probably not happening...
Could be worse, could be a Fire Emblem Discussion Pre- Rosalina.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Because it's the new craze. Like the Cinnamon Challenge or the Harlem Shake.

You know, everyone likes it at first, but in reality it's immature, dangerous, and no one really likes to be around people doing it.
Agreed on all regards.

(though I have reason to suspect Bidoof isn't going to stop even still)

SuperBrawler

Smash Master
Pichu the Tiny Mouse Pokemon

You know Mario, Link, Fox and Samus, Pikachu, Kirby, Ness and Captain Falcon. But do you recall, the most epic character of all?
Pichu, the Tiny Mouse Pokemon, was a Pikachu clone, nobody ever played him, they never left him alone.
All of the other Smashers, used to never play him in Melee, they never played poor Pichu, in any of their Smash Bros. games.
Then one Smash anniversary, Sakurai came to say, Pichu you ar in Smash 4, you won't be made fun of anymore.
Then all the Smashers loved him, they played him every day with glee, Pichu, the Tiny Mouse Pokemon, you'll go down in history!

majora_787

Smash Hero
A wall. Also, I didn't see it before but I like Kon's roster too. Even though I feel it goes a little on the optimistic side with the roster size, and I dunno about all of the Wario Ware. But generally speaking I'd be very satisfied with that roster. :p

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Pichu the Tiny Mouse Pokemon

You know Mario, Link, Fox and Samus, Pikachu, Kirby, Ness and Captain Falcon. But do you recall, the most epic character of all?
Pichu, the Tiny Mouse Pokemon, was a Pikachu clone, nobody ever played him, they never left him alone.
All of the other Smashers, used to never play him in Melee, they never played poor Pichu, in any of their Smash Bros. games.
Then one Smash anniversary, Sakurai came to say, Pichu you ar in Smash 4, you won't be made fun of anymore.
Then all the Smashers loved him, they played him every day with glee, Pichu, the Tiny Mouse Pokemon, you'll go down in history!

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I am me.
10chars
The creator of GentlemanBoards™ everyone. :rolleyes:

Why don't you go back to trying to convince everyone you were a proper intellectual like yesterday? That was slightly more bearable.
Aw, don't be like that.
It's amusing. Immature, but amusing.
I kinda wanna see how this will turn out...

-----

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom