• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Dat face. I want masked salesman more than tingle now, he can actually use different masks since there's not gonna be 3 links..... lol (unless there is)

Roster 10/10
You should give my support thread a visit, I have a fully detailed moveset, even a stage! It could also use some posts to save it from obscurity...

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
If that is what you wish.

I asked this a few days ago, but nobody cared.

Your reaction if Arceus was a playable character in Smash?

-----

Probably that. Generally speaking I don't feel like any legendary outside of Mewtwo should be given playable status.

He may be the god of Pokemon but there's still better choices out there; Blaziken, Meowth, Grovyle, Eevee, etc IMO at least are all superior choices. Even Genesect (and I really don't want Genesect) would be easier to implement I feel.

Aside from all that it'd mean we get that dub voice, and no one wants that. No one.

So...who is more likely,K.Rool or Ridley?
K. Rool is overall more popular worldwide, so I'd give it to him. But Dixie still seems more likely than him to me for some reason. He's got a better shot than Ridley I'd say though.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Marth spent 8 years between his latest game (FE3) and Melee.

Recency is a really bad argument to use against any character.
He was still the most re-occuring, and FE3 is the most popular Fire Emblem in Japan to. Besides, Roy was added for recent character.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
He was still the most re-occuring, and FE3 is the most popular Fire Emblem in Japan to. Besides, Roy was added for recent character.
At least you admit it.
Seriously, based on past knowledge of character selection, we should all know by now that relevance helps a whole lot with Fire Emblem.
So since Lyn has a DLC in Awakening, I feel that she is very relevant.
I know Roy is a DLC too, just leave me alone.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
At least you admit it.
Seriously, based on past knowledge of character selection, we should all know by now that relevance helps a whole lot with Fire Emblem.
So since Lyn has a DLC in Awakening, I feel that she is very relevant.
I know Roy is a DLC too, just leave me alone.
Oh DLC counts? Then clearly the best Fire Emblem newcomer is:

Palla! Or **** it, all Pegasus Sisters in one character because Chrom / Lucina tagteam is ******** as ****.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Oh DLC counts? Then clearly the best Fire Emblem newcomer is:

Palla! Or **** it, all Pegasus Sisters in one character because Chrom / Lucina tagteam is ******** as ****.
Yet no assist trophy, or the first international lord etc.

that's picture is sexy though.

At least until the Lyn DLC is downloaded.

I wish the DLC characters were marriable (that's not a word but w/e) oh and she's my waifu, manly has already moved on to someone else :troll:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I really want Ridley to be confirmed so everyone except people on Smashboards will cry there eyes out.

Actually, that is also mostly why I can't wait for the whole roster is confirmed.
We'll be crying, but happy tears.
Come on, you know it. I tear up when I watch the reveal of Melee at E3 2001. Big Smash news makes me so happy because it makes everyone else happy (including me of course).

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

that's picture is sexy though.

I wish the DLC characters were marriable (that's not a word but w/e) oh and she's my waifu, manly has already moved on to someone else :troll:
Anna is being suggested to right?

Pegasus Sisters appeared playable in most games yet.

**** the system, Palla for Smash!

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Anna is being suggested to right?

Pegasus Sisters appeared playable in most games yet.

**** the system, Palla for Smash!
Anna's only being suggested becaues bluepikmin :troll:

Because of her many minor appearances and because awakening. She's still a dumb gold digger who would just feel like another villager with her pulling out random weapons that she clearly stole :troll: (because she's a trickster you see), that's right blue.... .come at me bro.

PS: I'm sorry that you saw this Monk4, (if you do see it)

Louie G.

Smash Hero
He was added because he was the FE character who could stand out the most within the constraints Sakurai had on him(being a clone of Marth).
He was added because he was a brand new FE character that looked cooler than the others.
He had nothing at all to warrant an inclusion except a game coming up and looking cool.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Her sisters are the most recurring playable characters in Fire Emblem though, appearing in: FE1, FE2, FE3, BSFE, FE11, FE12 and FE13. Even not couting BSFE, the trio still the most recurring playable characters in the franchise.

Catria and Est for SSB4!

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
He was added because he was a brand new FE character that looked cooler than the others.
He had nothing at all to warrant an inclusion except a game coming up and looking cool.
Also fire swords>>>plain old normal swords, which was the majority of the other Lord options at that point in time.

Maybe a lack of better options was the main circumstance, but Roy got in, and as a result is popular to this day.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Her sisters are the most recurring playable characters in Fire Emblem though, appearing in: FE1, FE2, FE3, BSFE, FE11, FE12 and FE13. Even not couting BSFE, the trio still the most recurring playable characters in the franchise.

Catria and Est for SSB4!

PALLA IS BEST LORD PEGASUS SISTER!

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]

Catria and Est for SSB4!

Yeah I know my secondary franchise is FE. *Looks at pics* I'm not complaining. :awesome: It's just that..... I don't think they'll come across sakurai's mind is all. Just whatever IS tells him/ what he knows about FE already.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Do you have any source that confirms that this is the reason Sakurai added him?
And the fact that he was the FE character who could stand out the most while still being a clone.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Might as well wish you all a early merry christmas, the only way I know how.

Looking foward to all of you's acting like jerks on the 26th :p

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
He was added because Sakurai wanted a Marth clone, he was gonna use Leif, but IS showed him FE6 and decided on Roy because teh ph1r3 made him stand out more.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238

And nobody mentions that the biggest difference is that Marth is a MAIN character while K.Rool is the villain.
The ratio between HERO vs Sidekick/Villain has never been 50/50. If anything, for every sidekick/villain that gets included, we get TWO Heroes in SSB.

HEROES (27) (not even counting 3rd parties, which would add the numbers to 30 so far)
Mario/Luigi/Dr.Mario
Link/Toon Link/Young Link
Samus/ZSS
Pika/PT
DK/Diddy
Yoshi
Marth/Ike/Roy
WFT
Villager
Mr.G&W
Ness/Lucas
Olimar
Captain Falcon
Fox
Kirby
Ice Climbers
Pit

SIDEKICKS+ANTIHEROES+VILLAINS (14)
Bowser/Peach/Rosalina
Sheilda/Ganondorf
Jiggs/Pichu/Mewtwo/Lucario
Falco/Wolf
ROB (Real life sidekick?)
Metaknight/Dedede

CHAOTIC (1)
Wario

Just by this factor alone, I consider Dixie a MUCH more probable candidate than K.Rool.
And just in case I need to say it, I'm indifferent on DKC. Donkey is my favorite DK character, so I'm eager awaiting new franchises now.

(P.D. Some may consider Diddy a sidekick, but he has actually SHARED the spotlight with Donkey, and has starred a few games of his own. Or at least 2 come to mind, which is why I consider him a main character, or at least as much as Luigi).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom