• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
By the way, what stage is that in the Rosalina reveal trailer at 2:18? It doesn't look like anything we have seen before.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I honestly think she got in because she's new. And thank god! I knew Sakurai had to have at least on new character post brawl and I was afraid it was gonna be Chrom just for that reason.
She isn't really new though, she debuted in 2007, that would assume Wii Fit Trainer was new. (Who also debuted in 2007 in Japan)

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I honestly think she got in because she's new. And thank god! I knew Sakurai had to have at least on new character post brawl and I was afraid it was gonna be Chrom just for that reason.
No, I'm pretty sure it was to introduce a new gameplay concept, again the concept of controlling the main character and a pseudo second character like Zato-1 and Eddie from Guilty Gear. If she was solely added for the sake of being new, she wouldn't be nearly as interesting.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Hmm....

I just thought of something...

You think this is the IC esque character that was giving the 3DS problems?

Morbi

Scavenger
Ah I got my timing wrong. I meant 2:20. It is where the Villager is trying to catch the Luma.

It kind of looks like an Animal Crossing stage but I can't really tell.
Oh; I have no idea, it might be a new one. Haha.

Welp Ice Climbers are back.. there's nothing that can stop them now.
You never know, I wouldn't necessarily confirm them just yet.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Yeah I thought it was Skyloft as well. The portion under the bridge. Interesting that it moves around like that

Bajef8

Smash Ace
Honestly, the fact that Rosalina made it in should really make people think about expanding the possibilities of which characters have shots now. As I said earlier, we've got 3/4 of our newcomers being unexpected characters.

Really though, I think Rosalina made the most sense as a newcomer from Mario after Bowser Jr. If they both make it in, I won't complain in the least bit.

On a side note, I bet Daisy really hates Rosalina hahaha. Can someone make a drawing of her being spiteful for Rosalina's inclusion?

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Honestly, the fact that Rosalina made it in should really make people think about expanding the possibilities of which characters have shots now. As I said earlier, we've got 3/4 of our newcomers being unexpected characters.
it's funny how so far my most expected newcomer was the 3rd party guest.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]

Really though, I think Rosalina made the most sense as a newcomer from Mario after Bowser Jr. If they both make it in, I won't complain in the least bit.

On a side note, I bet Daisy really hates Rosalina hahaha. Can someone make a drawing of her being spiteful for Rosalina's inclusion?
check the wii u social thread, there's a nice photoshop moon monkey made.

Pg 1801 to be exact.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Never thought there'd be a debate over what biased reason Rosalina got in for. And I don't think it was solely because she was unique.
Really now? What other things besides a unique playstyle does she have going for her other than that she's being pushed as the new mainstream Mario character these days?

I mean, Toad and Bowser Jr. have been in the series for longer.

----

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Really now? What other things besides a unique playstyle does she have going for her other than that she's being pushed as the new mainstream Mario character these days?
That she's being pushed as the new mainstream Mario character these days. Why can't it be that? Did you also consider that we're short on characters that are new post Brawl? Our only real options were Shulk, Chrom, Rosalina, Matthew, Alph, and Genesect. And a lot of these characters are either not too popular or simply problematic in terms of implementing and representing.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
That she's being pushed as the new mainstream Mario character these days. Why can't it be that? Did you also consider that we're short on characters that are new post Brawl? Our only real options were Shulk, Chrom, Rosalina, Matthew, Alph, and Genesect. And a lot of these characters are either not too popular or simply problematic in terms of implementing and representing.
And Dark Pit too. :shades:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
What do you think about the combos in the Sonic and Rosalina trailers?
Do you think they are combos or just that the character is hitting a level 1 CPU? XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom