• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I like Mega, he's funny in a juvenile way. Even if he is a troll.
This is the nicest thing anyone on this thread ever said to me! :bee:
My type of humor is "self-degration" humor, where I make myself seem stupid or like a child for a joke. That or I make a stupid reference like that He-Man one above.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Hi, everyone. I know I said I was leaving for a while, but this was WAY too good to pass up. I need to say stuff about this.

First of all, congratulations to Rosalina supporters! I always welcomed the idea of her! She is definitely a deserving and unique character, and there is a very good chance I will be maining her. Also, good news: NO MORE MARIO TALK. Goodbye Toad, Paper Mario, Bowser Jr., and Waluigi, and I guess Dr. Mario. Sure they still have a chance, but I doubt it supremely.

Second, her moveset. I'm surprised we don't have a thread in the character section right now, but I'm sure it'll be up soon. Anyway, judging by the trailer (which I've watched 20+ times already), I have a theory:

I think Rosalina will have a moveset that will be designed for just her. So, without the Luma, she will work as an ordinary character, like Zelda or Mario. Her own attacks, blah blah blah. However, I think the Luma will be, like, a Neutral-B move, like a Luma summon. Automatically bringing the Luma, whichever one is picked, out onto the field. So, whenever she does a tilt or smash, a Luma will do it as well, or for certain moves, spin around her and act all cutesy. The cursor I think will draw in items and act as a gravity effect on projectiles, shown in the Mario FLUDD move and the match against Marth.

But I think Rosalina will be her own character, but not dependent on the Lumas. She will probably be able to fight on her own. However, maybe a special will pull out a Luma and BAM. Now we have two fighters.

Wish you all the best of luck!!!! Have fun with that "REALLY MATURE 12-YEAR OLD OMIGOSH"!!!! Aaaaand, I'm out.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
This is the nicest thing anyone on this thread ever said to me! :bee:
My type of humor is "self-degration" humor, where I make myself seem stupid or like a child for a joke. That or I make a stupid reference like that He-Man one above.
I like everyone on the thread. Except MSF, but only a little less than others.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
:joyful::joyful::joyful:OMG, TumblrFamous is hysterical. I can't believe she said that about me. "REALLY MATURE 12-YEAR OLD OMIGOSH"!!!! :joyful:I feel so special!:joyful:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
The analogy you went into didn't mention him as having been there from the start alongside you. I recall you having mentioned that you were a part of the project at first, kicked, and then later at the last leg of the project, the other guy joined. If I read incorrectly, then I'm sorry. It's otherwise very much indeed being replaced if something does not appear until something else's absence, in this case, the new partner after you or Lucario after Mewtwo.
G
Agreeing to disagree solves nothing, but I guess it's the better idea if I keep missing something you're saying over and over in regards to roster presentation. Nothing is solved regardless! We can do just that.
I'm afraid you did as I did mention that both me and said co-worker were working alongside each other on my first post. Regardless, while I agree that solves nothing, we aren't getting anywhere if we continue this argument, particularly if said argument will be subject to misinterpretation. So yes, for now it's best to move on before we derail this thread any longer.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
:joyful::joyful::joyful:OMG, TumblrFamous is hysterical. I can't believe she said that about me. "REALLY MATURE 12-YEAR OLD OMIGOSH"!!!! :joyful:I feel so special!:joyful:
You've been here for, like, a week. How do you know TumblrFamous? Oh, and I see everything you type, Zero, you just don't direct questions towards me so I don't answer. Goodnight, people who are all older than me!

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
As I said with Rosalina before, I think another Mario newcomer has a chance. A small one, but still a chance.

In Melee, Sakurai added Peach and Bowser, who are Main characters in the Mario series.

Why can't he do the same for WiiU and 3DS?
Rosalina basically became a main Mario character since Brawl, so she was put in.

Bowser Jr. also became main character after Brawl, though you can say it started before Brawl, he really became recurring when he appeared in Galaxy, then almost every game to this point.

If Sakurai thinks it is about importance now, the only way I could see Paper Mario is if counts for his own series, and Waluigi if he counts as a Wario newcomer.

Thoughts?

....she?
TumblrFamous is a girl?

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
You've been here for, like, a week. How do you know TumblrFamous? Oh, and I see everything you type, Zero, you just don't direct questions towards me so I don't answer. Goodnight, people who are all older than me!
Oh so people won't talk to me unless I quote? mmkay. Nice to know you see everything I post though.

Good night.

Dream of boba fett.

Morbi

Scavenger
As I said with Rosalina before, I think another Mario newcomer has a chance. A small one, but still a chance.

In Melee, Sakurai added Peach and Bowser, who are Main characters in the Mario series.

Why can't he do the same for WiiU and 3DS?
Rosalina basically became a main Mario character since Brawl, so she was put in.

Bowser Jr. also became main character after Brawl, though you can say it started before Brawl, he really became recurring when he appeared in Galaxy, then almost every game to this point.

If Sakurai thinks it is about importance now, the only way I could see Paper Mario is if counts for his own series, and Waluigi if he counts as a Wario newcomer.

Thoughts?
If he makes it Super Mario Smash; the consumers are not going to be happy. We have enough Mario characters, one more isn't out of the question. However, I wouldn't bet for it. I have already discredited Paper Mario and Bowser Jr. so many times. I am not asserting that my evidence is feasible, I have basically decided that they are not possible anymore. So I am not going to bet for either of them. Waluigi and Dr. Mario still have a chance in my opinion. I would say that their chances have been attenuated by Rosalina though.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I wish someone would make gif of when Kirby face planted in the Rosalina video, it's totally gif worthy.

Anyways, anyone else feel Rosalina moveset is awesome, it's like a duo like Ice Climbers, with the range of Olimar's Pikmin with the use of Luma.Also, what's expected in January, all I know is in February, I expect Diddy, or a newcomer DK rep, or some Valentine's Day theme, that could work for Jigglypuff or Zelda or something.

Jubileus57

Smash Ace
@FireEmblemnier
One of the safest choices for January would be a Kirby rep, as Kirby Triple Deluxe launches that month.

Dear lord, Morbid's new avatar will haunt my nightmares forever.

Manny Toons

Smash Journeyman
DON'T..even..start...

Way to shut people down.

Also, I think it'd hardly be "Super Mario Smash" when the amount of non-Mario characters will still outnumber the Mario characters by a hefty amount, even with a second newcomer.

...No way am I getting my hopes up for that, though.

Morbi

Scavenger
@FireEmblemnier
One of the safest choices for January would be a Kirby rep, as Kirby Triple Deluxe launches that month.

Dear lord, Morbid's new avatar will haunt my nightmares forever.
The Rosalina cut-scene was more about Kirby than Rosalina in my opinion. Just throwing that out there.

Jubileus57

Smash Ace
@MorbidAltruism (this Reply button is really getting on my nerves)

I admit that not unlike some other people on here I thought more of a Kirby inclusion in Mario Kart 8.
Perhaps did Sakurai feel unnaturally prideful and decided to make his creation steal everyone's spotlight for the first half of the trailer ^^

Morbi

Scavenger
Way to shut people down.

Also, I think it'd hardly be "Super Mario Smash" when the amount of non-Mario characters will still outnumber the Mario characters by a hefty amount, even with a second newcomer.

...No way am I getting my hopes up for that, though.
I like to view Yoshi and Wario as extensions of Mario (despite Sakurai's overt attempts at diversifying the franchises). That entails a roster comprised of 8 Mario characters; that is about 1/5 of Brawl's roster. Obviously this isn't applicable to Smash 4, I am just trying to put it into perspective.

As I already stated, I do not think one more Mario representative is out of the question. I am betting against it though.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
I wish someone would make gif of when Kirby face planted in the Rosalina video, it's totally gif worthy.

Anyways, anyone else feel Rosalina moveset is awesome, it's like a duo like Ice Climbers, with the range of Olimar's Pikmin with the use of Luma.Also, what's expected in January, all I know is in February, I expect Diddy, or a newcomer DK rep, or some Valentine's Day theme, that could work for Jigglypuff or Zelda or something.
Its the best I could find, there hasn't been much.

Jubileus57

Smash Ace
@BluePikmin11
Well if this happens, I guess we Bandana Dee fans (and especially our favorite ghost-type Pokémon Chandelure) will react the same way Toad supporters rightfully did: never give up ^^!

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
@MorbidAltruism (this Reply button is really getting on my nerves)

I admit that not unlike some other people on here I thought more of a Kirby inclusion in Mario Kart 8.
Perhaps did Sakurai feel unnaturally prideful and decided to make his creation steal everyone's spotlight for the first half of the trailer ^^
Pffft that's cause kirby's awesome, I hope and bet he's in every newcomer trailer. Would be funny.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
We all have to accept that Sakurai is biased about some things. It's not inplausible to say that Sakurai will pick Dixie Kong because King K. Rool hasn't been the villian since Returns, that he picked Rosalina because she's new, or that he won't add Takamaru AND Samurai Goroh. This is the guy who said Starfy was too similar to Kirby, made Mewtwo low priority for the hot Pokemon and double smash veteran (jigglypuff) and added Rosalina over Toad, Paper Mario, and Bowser Jr.

Sakurai isn't always consistent and he doesn't always acknoledge the same criteria and merits that we do. He didn't even think to add Ike until Intelligent Systems suggested it. Ike was a requested shoo-in and Sakurai didn't even had him in mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom