• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
You're mincing words as well as scenarios. Your analogy isn't quite applicable because it implies that Mewtwo was scrapped from the beginning which we know is not true, rather, he was scrapped during development due to Sonic's inclusion. As for your Sound Designer/Programmer analogy, neither Lucario or PT serve the same role as their psychic counterpart, being designed with completely different mechanics in mind, so even in that aspect they didn't replace him.

Also, how did my fellow co-worker replace me if I was working alongside him up until my sacking? He didn't do anything to cause it nor did he take over my position when I was sacked, he was just there when it happened.

Regardless, it looks like we won't see eye to eye on this, so lets agree to disagree.
My scenario doesn't imply that anyone was scrapped from the beginning. Every one of the characters in each Smash Bros. game is made from scratch. That is a known fact. The new broken pots were made from scratch, nothing about parts of the old pot being used inside the new ones. Is that much understood? Okay.

Lucario serves as the movie Pokemon representative to have gotten in through vast amounts of requests, meaning that once again, from a presentation standpoint, they functioned the same as one another. Not through technical aspects. I don't understand why I need to say that more than once. Four Pokemon characters existed in Melee and four existed in Brawl, meaning unless we're doing some type of made-up math, there's is definitely substitution going on in keeping the number the same yet the components different. Or, in short, there was definite character replacement. Notice how I'm saying 4 in Brawl, as in how Pokemon Trainer is referred to as one character in presentation. This is because I'm not talking about the technical aspect of this. Those arise entirely different arguments if we focus on that while I'm focusing on something else. It'd be a lot like arguing about the emotional disadvantages to having a sibling when the subject at hand is the financial issues to having a sibling--entirely different aspects of the same subject. I'm asking we don't do that.

To say Lucario and Mewtwo share no similarities is false, which is why the extreme being taken as "they have absolutely nothing to do with each other" annoys me when it doesn't even focus on what I'm saying in the first place--presentation and roster placement, not empty character folders and .PACs.

The analogy you went into didn't mention him as having been there from the start alongside you. I recall you having mentioned that you were a part of the project at first, kicked, and then later at the last leg of the project, the other guy joined. If I read incorrectly, then I'm sorry. It's otherwise very much indeed being replaced if something does not appear until something else's absence, in this case, the new partner after you or Lucario after Mewtwo.

Agreeing to disagree solves nothing, but I guess it's the better idea if I keep missing something you're saying over and over in regards to roster presentation. Nothing is solved regardless! We can do just that.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Alright, we gotta get this ship back on course. Smash. Rosalina. That stuff.

But one more...
What? After you just spent like 3 pages-

Forget it, I'm not even gonna try. I quit!!! Here's my gun! Here's my badge! Here's the hermaphrodite I keep in my left shoe. I hope my replacement does a better job.
Right, those trolls that say "can't expand my image, site won't let me" and then proceed to condescend are the worst. :smirk:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Ya know, for the record, I only have one warning, and it is a minor first offense. HA
What a minute. I never got a warning.
HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE!
EVEN AFTER THAT TIME I MADE A SUGAR PLUMPS THREAD!

Though I did get a warning once when I posted a fake picture of a fake Mega jigglypuff before X and Y's release and Mario_and_Sonic_Guy thought it was legit and I was leaking stuff.

Morbi

Scavenger
It's just it'd be nice if he didn't talk in caps all the time and talking about his maturity, he's totally random in an annoying way. Otherwise i'm cool with him.

As for the other thing.... its cute when they go back and forth, fills the hotfeet void. :p
Better him than me. Saves me the headaches. :awesome:

Ya know, for the record, I only have one warning, and it is a minor first offense. HA
If you do plan to stay; you might want to tone it down. Tactful trolling in moderation is allowed; spamming the thread with useless irrelevant posts is not going to make anyone like you. It is a good idea to get people to like you so that they will be more lenient. Everyone is calling you out; thus the mods have a greater obligation to punish you. Divine Deity (another user) was very similar, he was just so persistent... he is now gone. In any event, welcome to the forums.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
GameXplain has a Rosalina video up, and they brought up a bit of an explanation of the puppetmaster archetype, which is what they believe Rosalina to be like. Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Suu1204Jz-I

I will say it's hilarious that everyone speculated "Lets get rid of FLUDD for Galaxy spin to represent Mario Galaxy". Sakurai is all like "Naah, let's go with a whole character from Mario Galaxy instead".

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
So will rosalina be a floaty character or a heavy character? i'm leaning towards heavy but she's got that floaty jump so i dunno.

It's your nickname, deal with it :cool:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
OK, close as I can get, oh well, you can still tell it's Mewtwo, so yah.
Edit: Hold on, ALLMOSSSSTT got it
Edit Again: K, close as I can possibly get, and you can tell it's Mewtwo. I'm happy

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Mhmm, like SSBF said, I'd suggest ignoring those you don't wish to deal with, perhaps the guy who admitted he was a troll.

With that said, let's try and stay on topic for at least a little while. It's not like there's nothing new to talk about.

Thanks.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
guys like WTF there's a yoshi's island DLC pack for a SONIC game. like, what? really? it's amazing! sonic lost yoshi's island lol

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
So no one wants to continue the rosalina stuff?

So morbid..... what's with the gigyas-esque avi?

I always wonder.... do people put me on ignore.... hmm.

But seriously tho will she be floaty or heavy? I think this'll be our first heavy type puppet master female.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Rosalina was VERY unexpected.......

I'll give her a try when I unlock her, (I'll eat several of my hats if she isn't a locked character) she might very well end up as one of my mains. No way to be sure yet of course.

Morbi

Scavenger
So no one wants to continue the rosalina stuff?

So morbid..... what's with the gigyas-esque avi?

I always wonder.... do people put me on ignore.... hmm.
I thought the Christmas avatar was too controversial; so naturally I decided to change it to a H.R. Giger piece. It is a wall of fetuses.

Jubileus57

Smash Ace
I agree with Gune. I may be stating the obvious but Rosalina seems to have an insane combo ability thanks to the Luma, and she also seems to be a rather hard character to master, making her even more interesting ^^.

@legendofrob1
Iwata also teased a second DLC pack for Sonic Lost World. It wil be a "Legendary" level or something similar (I only remember the french translation of the said announcement)

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Anyway I think that the luma isn't olimar esque, I think its more of a nana imo, since it can be knocked out. And once it's out it can't come back until rosalina is ringed out. Idk if the colors are just colors, or if they represent different properties.... for now i'm guessing their just colors.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
My guess is Rosalina will be fairly floaty, and heavier than average, but not an actual heavy character. Just... above average.

I don't think you understand.

IT'S YOSHI'S ISLAND DLC IN A SONIC GAME! like WTF?
Didn't you hear? Sonic is pretty much a Nintendo character now. :troll:

It is a wall of fetuses.
Yeah, those never arouse controversy, good choice. ;)

Iwata also teased a second DLC pack for Sonic Lost World. It wil be a "Legendary" level or something similar (I only remember the french translation of the said announcement)
It's going to be Zelda. Iwata painfully emphasized the word "link" when talking about how you'll download it once it arrives.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
My comment on Rosie's weight: She will probably be like Samus, a heavy, floaty character. It makes sense, considering she's like, taller than Waluigi.

Yeah, my hope is that soon, Sega runs out of business and gives their rights of Sonic and Ai-Ai Monkey Ball and Alex Kid and stuff like that to Nintendo, that way we can have more than 1 Sonic character. His games will be good because Nintendo practically made Lost World, so yeah.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
I like Mega, he's funny in a juvenile way. Even if he is a troll.

Rosalina? My best friend wanted him, so I'm obligated to like her. I just... don't think she earned it, is all. She does look interesting.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Hey if your bidoof i'll tell you what you told my alt yesterday.

You sicken me.

You are not funny.

Get out.

^don't read this if your not bidoof.
Yeah, so that guy is not me.
I swear. If I ever made an alt account, it would b named Not Mega Bidoof and have Bidoof with Groucho glasses as my avatar.

So I decided to read that thing, just to see what it was.
And for te record, I didn't know it was you. I thought it was some moron with the arrogance to plot onto a random thread and say "sup b******." So I said your kind sicken me.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
also guys wtf is up with the new zelda?
Well Iwata said that's not the next-gen Zelda mentioned in the January direct way back then.
This is a brand-new SPIN-OFF title. It takes place in the world of Zelda (which I have to note looks almost identical to the way it looked in Ocarina of Time) but is like the series "Dynasty Warriors" and is being developed by the company that makes those games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom