• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I think she'll do well as a defensive character. Keeps people away from here, but can still chain combos.

Did you see where she fought Pit? She missed the first attack, but then threw him into the Luma and did a Smash attack afterward.

She's gonna be dirty.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
@Wario Fan, OKOK, yes, that was pretty funny, but my question is, what does that whole "3-years Teenage propaganda" thing mean?

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Oh yes...is it safe to say that unlockable newcomers are being revealed now? It could just be me, but in no way does Rosalina strike me as a starter character.

D

Deleted member

Not trying to be crude, but does Rosalina seem a bit more....busty in this game to anyone else? :ohwell:

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I watched the reveal movie again and payed more attention; it seems like you can control both Rosalina and the Luma she summons. The Luma can be knocked back as well.

So Rosalina certainly brings something new in terms of gameplay. Reminds me of Galaxy's co-op mode. That might've played a big factor in Sakurai's decision to add her.

Manny Toons

Smash Journeyman
By the way guys watching the new comers to Smash, two have been female, any thoughts on that?

.n_n.

Weeell... WFT is kinda both male and female. It's just that the female version represents the character. I guess that counts...? But yeah, I don't think it's important that we focus so much on the genders of each newcomer. All that matters is how unique they can be and what they'll add to the roster. Rosalina definitely screams unique, and I'm learning to love it.

Not trying to be crude, but does Rosalina seem a bit more....busty in this game to anyone else? :ohwell:
Duuuh. Gotta appeal to those fanboys, dude.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
The whole 2 female characters thing probably means the series is trying appeal more to girls. I'm a guy, but still, those characters are drawing me in too. They look like they have more potential than I first thought.:joyful:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
@ Golden

Nope. I have a facebook group to keep my friends updated, and when I posted the pic from the site, that was the first comment.

D

Deleted member

I'm not going to sit here and pretend to be excited or happy with Rosalina in Smash just because "Oooh, shiny trailer! Functional moveset!" That being said, congrats to those who supported her, I'm sure you're over the moon at the moment.

Once the dust has settled a bit, we'll be able to sit down and reflect on what her inclusion potentially means for the rest of the roster.
If Rosalina's inclusion has taught me anything (along with the Villager and Wii Fit Trainer), it is that we really can't predict what Sakurai is going to add in the game.

The only thing really to take from this speculation-wise is that we probably won't get another Mario character this time around and that it bodes well for existing series characters. But after Rosalina's confirmation, I am pretty much done with serious speculation.

I will say that she did turn out much better that I thought she would.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
@Wario Fan, OKOK, yes, that was pretty funny, but my question is, what does that whole "3-years Teenage propaganda" thing mean?

Drop. It.

Oh yes...is it safe to say that unlockable newcomers are being revealed now? It could just be me, but in no way does Rosalina strike me as a starter character.

Not necessarily. Look at Brawl: It had Pokemon Trainer, Ike, Dedede, Diddy, Lucas, Metaknight, Olimar, Pit, (Zamus if counts) and Wario. All new, all available from the start.

Bajef8

Smash Ace
2 things.

1. U-Throw are you really that upset by Rosalina's inclusion? I mean sure she was pretty much unexpected, but after getting over Wii Fit Trainer, I honestly don't think she's really that far out in left field. Her only hate mostly stems from the fact that Jr. (seemingly the most probable Mario newcomer) and Paper Mario (still think he is a really great fan idea, not actually very probable) fans now have lowered possibilities that their hopefuls will make it, especially since 6 Mario characters may be pushing it. Sorry Toad fans, that doesn't include you, you've seen way too many meat shield pictures by now to really think he still had a shot.

2. We have no idea how to speculate at all. Seriously, of the 4 newcomers we've gotten so far, who can say they actually predicted WFT or Rosalina as probable. Or even AC Villager for that matter. 3 out of 4 newcomers are honestly "WTF-I-didn't-expect-them" characters. But I am glad we have the newcomers we have so far.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
By the way guys watching the new comers to Smash, two have been female, any thoughts on that?

.n_n.
Same as Melee's first 4 so far. Actually Melee had two and a half. :smirk:

Personally I don't think it's safe to speculate definitively on the status of the characters at all yet.

I don't think I'm ever gonna hear the end of my 5-minute rant on Rosalina, which is a good thing, let me be clear. XD
People will forget about it by later today. Rosalina is the big news today, not you. You can help by not unnecessarily reminding people any more.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
WOW!

Excellent inclusion.

I initially thought Paper Mario would be the top choice because of the different mechanics he could offer the game. After E3, I thought with the bright colors and fun, creative direction the game was staking that Toad could be viable. When Toad's chances were cut and my opinions on another Mario changing, Rosalina jumped out as the candidate. Still I thought she would be unlikely.

So glad that she made the cut over (I am assuming) Bowser Jr. and Waluigi.

Her moveset looks amazing. Love how she curls Mario's jet stream around her.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294

I will watch this whenever I am in need of a smile.
Seriously, this is incredibly adorable.
Mario, Bowser, Peach, Luigi, and DK awkwardly staring at what's going on only makes this better.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
If Rosalina's inclusion has taught me anything (along with the Villager and Wii Fit Trainer), it is that we really can't predict what Sakurai is going to add in the game.

The only thing really to take from this speculation-wise is that we probably won't get another Mario character this time around and that it bodes well for existing series characters. But after Rosalina's confirmation, I am pretty much done with serious speculation.

I will say that she did turn out much better that I thought she would.
I gave up after E3. Just enjoying the ride now.
2. We have no idea how to speculate at all. Seriously, of the 4 newcomers we've gotten so far, who can say they actually predicted WFT or Rosalina as probable. Or even AC Villager for that matter. 3 out of 4 newcomers are honestly "WTF-I-didn't-expect-them" characters. But I am glad we have the newcomers we have so far.
Even Megaman was becoming less of a certainty for a lot of people, so really all four characters have been surprises to various degrees.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
So here is another question Final Smash for Rosalina what would it be?

.n_n.

My 3 guesses: Rain of star bits, multiple Lumas for a period that act like the single one, or something involving that Galaxy Observatory thing from SMG1

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I'm guessing something with a horde of Lumas or causing a comet to crash which then explodes into dozens of star bits which does further damages. Or possibly summons a warp star, takes control of an opponent and can steer them into the star. Upon contact, it rockets him or her into the sides for a KO.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
N3ON, what do you mean by 2 1/2 female characters? Are you referring to Zelda/Sheik or Mewtwo, cause if you're referring to Mewtwo, it's not funny. Mewtwo may be genderless, but in my mind, he's a guy.

Bajef8

Smash Ace
I gave up after E3. Just enjoying the ride now.

Even Megaman was becoming less of a certainty for a lot of people, so really all four characters have been surprises to various degrees.
Honestly, I now officially give up too.

I'm excited for this Smash because, like somebody said in the Direct thread, Sakurai is going for unique gameplay/move sets and that's really what matters in Smash. Not who gets in really, but the gameplay of the newcomers themselves. All 4 of the newcomers look extremely fun to play as.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
N3ON, what do you mean by 2 1/2 female characters? Are you referring to Zelda/Sheik or Mewtwo, cause if you're referring to Mewtwo, it's not funny. Mewtwo may be genderless, but in my mind, he's a guy.
Ice Climbers.

Why would I be referring to Mewtwo as one of Melee's first four?

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Honestly, I now officially give up too.

I'm excited for this Smash because, like somebody said in the Direct thread, Sakurai is going for unique gameplay/move sets and that's really what matters in Smash. Not who gets in really, but the gameplay of the newcomers themselves. All 4 of the newcomers look extremely fun to play as.
Johnknight and I say hi ;)

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
IDK, I didn't completely understand what you were saying I guess. I don't know. I wasn't into video games when Melee was released. I was 1-2 years old. So... yeah.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Would not even surprise me at this point if Sakurai includes another guest character none of us are expecting -- within the confines of his own standards. Anything can happen, and that is a good feeling. All I've wanted is new characters with dynamic gameplay.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
....I wanted Kirby Air Ride 2.... :urg:

Meh. Don't really care about Mario newcomers. Move on to franchises with little to no existing representation plz. Though this at least puts an end to that "4 character slots per franchise" myth.

The only thing that this reveal has me worried about is that it MIGHT give fuel to more bandwagon supporters.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Good morning all and HOOOOOLY CRAP we have a brand new character in Rosalina, and she looks freaking fantastic. The combos, the way she can work the lumas in different ways, her graceful style, it's all so amazing. And now Mario officially has 5 characters, which breaks the mold as we can now assume that Pokemon will have five characters to follow suit, so yeah, Rosalina's inclusion basically confirms Mewtwo. Anyways, congrats to Rosalina fans and I can't wait to try her out next year.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Initial thoughts: Rosalina? wat? Well i dunnno about this

After seeing the trailer: It's like Ice Climbers but the partner character isn't the same. Im not sure how this will work, but it looks pretty cool and thats probably the best way to handle including Rosalina.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom