• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
U-Throw can't handle the Luma.

Also, who else got fooled by the trailer thinking it was either Kirby Air Ride 2 or Kirby appearing in Mario Kart 8?

Gune

Smash Lord
Well it'd be cool if we got more but idk. There was no pokemon vet during x and y, so my hopes are low for zelda during LBW release. At least we knew something would happen in this direct. We don't necessarily know if we'll get something later in the month or not.

U-throw is so totally banned or warned.... Lol
X and Y didn't get a reveal because game freak was being dinky they said not too. Long story short gamefreak needs to let sakurai reveal some pokemans no need to be so secretive.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Alrighty now.

Gonna pack up things, filter anything related to SSB(4) and just not follow this game until it comes out. And then I shall decide if to buy it.

Following this game now is not clearly for me. I've stated it now and I won't be coming back until it's released.
I won't though regret if I miss out anythign because to be honest, there's nothing I have to wait for.

And lastly, this game won't change anything from last games in means of character inclusions and items from last game. So don't expect Assists to become playable all of a sudden and definitely don't wait for Ridley (or other prime characters for that matter).

I might take a big big responsibility of some sort by doing this but I think I just need to stay away from this game for a while because I need to reconstruct what it has become.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
@Peachy

Pretty much. But once I noticed Donkey Kong was the same model as the one in the initial Smash trailer, I figured it was Smash. But I wasn't sure what we were getting.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Really now Palutena is deconfirmed because omg rosalina.

Guess we shouldn't be expecting zelda then and just shiek, because ya know.... she uses magic too. :rolleyes:

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero

Also, who else got fooled by the trailer thinking it was either Kirby Air Ride 2 or Kirby appearing in Mario Kart 8?
I actually thought it was gonna be Smash Bros when I saw Kirby flying in.

Iwata said that "there would be one last game to show" or something along those lines right before, and seeing how there was no Smash yet...

LOL
All the butthurt about the Rosalina reveal.
"But she is not relevant!"
"She was just a playable character in Mario 3D World for the sake of having another playable character!"
"But muh Bowser Jr.,Toad and Waluigi!"
Nobody cares,Rosalina is confirmed and that will not change.
You know, It's times like this where I actually want to see Bandana Dee "deconfirmed" just to spite you.

-----

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Alrighty now.

Gonna pack up things, filter anything related to SSB(4) and just not follow this game until it comes out. And then I shall decide if to buy it.

Following this game now is not clearly for me. I've stated it now and I won't be coming back until it's released.
I won't though regret if I miss out anythign because to be honest, there's nothing I have to wait for.

And lastly, this game won't change anything from last games in means of character inclusions and items from last game. So don't expect Assists to become playable all of a sudden and definitely don't wait for Ridley (or other prime characters for that matter).

I might take a big big responsibility of some sort by doing this but I think I just need to stay away from this game for a while because I need to reconstruct what it has become.
Cool story bro.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
LOOK, I JUST CHECKED THE SMASH WEBSITE AND REALIZED ROSALINA WAS CONFIRMED. I COOMPLETLEY IT!!!!!! ROSALINA IS ******** FREAK WHO DOES NOT DESERVE TO BE IN SMASH!!!! WHEN I PUT GONNA HAPPEN, GONNA BE ********, I DIDN'T KNOW SHE WAS CONFIRMED. CRAP THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HARDLY WANT THE GAME ANYMORE. SIRE, SHE'S COOL!!! BUT DAISY, WALUIGI, EVEN BIRDO WOUD HAVE BEEN MORE APPROPRIATE. I WOULD HAVE RATHER HAD SHIGERU MIYAMOTO PLAYABLE!!!! I NEED TO GO LYE DOWN SOMEHWERE AND COOL OFF!!!! THIS IS FREAKIN' ********. WHY WOULD ANYONE ON THIS EARTH BE HAPPY ABOUT ROSALINA?????? SHE IS NOT AS GOOD. DAISY AND WALUIGI NEVER GET ANY LOVE!!!!!!! THIS STUPID!! THIS IS THE SECOND MADDEST I'VE EVER BEEN AT NINTENDO (THE FIRST WAS WHEN THEY REMOVED MEWTWO FROM SSBB). I SWEAR SHE DOSN'T DESERVE A SPOT!! DOCTOR MARIO IS A MORE APPROPRIATE OPTION. NURSE TOADSTOOL, DR. LUGIGI, WHAT THE HECK, EVEN DOCTOR WARIO!!! ANYONE, ANYONE, ANNNYYYYYYOOOOONNNNEEE WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER THAN THIS ******** IDIOT. LUMA SHOULD BE A SEPERATE PLAYABLE CHARACTER!! THAT'S RIGHT!!!! YOU HEARD ME!!! LUMA ALONE IS BETTER!! SHE'S BOUND TO BE AN OLIMAR CLONE!!!! THE ONLY COOL THING IS THAT SHE CAN GRAB ITEMS FROM AFAR!!! THIS IS BY FAR THE BIGGEST WTF CHARACTER IN THE HISTORY OF SMASH!!! IT BEATS SONIC, EVEN JIGGLYPUFF!! JIGGLYPUFF IS BETTER THAN HER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ALL SHE'S USING IS ELEMENTS FROM OLIMAR AND BETA ELEMENTS FOR ZSS!!!! THIS IS BEYOND CRAPPY!! I AM BEYOND ENFURIATED AT THE SHEER STUPIDITY AT OF NINTENDO!! THAT IS THE SECOND TIME I HAVE CALLED NINTENDO STUPID!!! YA KNOW WHAT????? I'D RATHER HAVE LUCARIO RETURN THAN ADD THIS IMBECILE!!!!!!!!! THE ONLY THING THAT COULD POSSIBLY IN THE ENITIRE UNIVERSE MAKE ME MADDER I IF MEWTWO IS NOT RETURNING!!!!! GAAAAAAAAAAHHAHAHAHYUDZGFKJHARLBKVRGHRARHIGASFHFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT THE HECK!!!! ICAN'T EVEN STOP TYPING I'M SO MAD!! THIS IS THE LONGEST POST I'VE EVER MADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH, MY GOSH, THIS IS ********!! AASGAKJSDGF GAHHH!!!! SO......FREAKIN'..... ********!! AHFGJDSHGFHKJDSFGHKJSDFGAW!!!!!!!! OKOKOOKKO!!! I VILL NEVER GET OVER THIS PURE RAGE!!! NEVER!!!!! TALK TO ME OF ROSALINA, AND YOU'LL GET ANOTHER POST LIKE THIS!!! UNDERSTAND????? SHE IS THE STUPIDEST INCLUSION EVER!!!!!! GASHJGFJH!!!! REPLY AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!!!!
I'm sorry but this is ****ing hilarious. I might save this. :laugh:

I feel I should clarify - it's not Rosalina herself that I'm disappointed by, but rather, the fact that they chose Rosalina of all people to show off after a 6 month lack of newcomers. Villager, Megaman and Wii Fit Trainer were all hype builders in their own way. Villager was repping a franchise that didn't previously have a character, Megaman was a third-party and a fan-favourite, and Wii Fit Trainer was completely out of left field.

Rosalina by contrast seems the type of character that is kinda cool but not particularly hype-building. If you told a random person (a gamer but not necessarily a 'hardcore' one) that Rosalina was going to be playable in Smash, how hyped would they be? Probably not much more than they already were. If Rosalina were announced at any other time it'd be less of a disappointment, but waiting through 6 months of nothing and then the half-an-hour Mario advertisement that is Nintendo Direct only to get another Mario character was a big anti-climax.

inb4 "just be grateful we got another newcomer at all"
This I can agree with though. While I have absolutely nothing against Rosalina, I think another character might've been a bit better for hype purposes. That said, we can't underestimate the incredibly large faction of supporters that really only care about Mario, Pokemon, Zelda, and stupid third-party suggestions, who are probably very happy about this. Though they were the same group that largely expected Skull Kid to be playable. :rolleyes:

And Japan. Japan likes Rosalina.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Come now people. Even though Rosalina is in, there are plenty of spots left to be taken. Who knows what is in store for us?!

There is no way to tell, but it's been fun so far. Can't wait to speculate further with you guys!

kikaru

Smash Ace
Some small and insignificant country town, WA.
3DS FC
0705-2807-1422

Guilty. The second Kirby's body touched the ground I figured it was Smash, though I still think it might be possible for Kirby to appear as a guest in Mario Kart.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
So the reason Mario didn't get the luma spin added to his moveset was because Rosalina will use the attack instead. :awesome:
When I said this I was half serious.
I don't see Toad happening and I don't see any Mario character outside of the main series happening, so I personally think that Bowser Jr. and Rosalina are the only Mario newcomers that have a shot.
Yup!

A friend from Mario's past may appear at any second... :troll:
You know what this means don't you? RIDLEY CONFIRMED! :troll: In all seriousness though I'm happy to see Rosalina in Smash, she's one of my favorite Mario characters, if not my favorite. I never really suported her though because I didn't think she'd fit in that well, but man was I proven wrong. I need to stop doubting Sakurai's character making abilities.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
-Snipped-
Cool down, skippy. It's just a game. Rosalina isn't a WTF character. People knew a Mario character would most likely be included and Rosalina was a possible candidate. Ms. fit is a WTF character, not Rosalina. As well, calling her a clone of Olimar is beyond idiotic. No where in the video does it suggest she is one. She's not even a semi-clone. Oh, and Lucario is likely to return. I'm not sure if its an attempt to look cool or funny but it comes off as immature.

Xhampi

Smash Lord
So Rosalina :
-Is a girl,
-Is Blonde,
-Wear Blue,
-Come from space,
-As a ship,
-Is friend with a little flying being who also come from space.

Zero Suit Samus Deconfirmed.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Do you guys think the character will be referred to as "ROSALINA AND LUMA" in-game, or will it be another case like Olimar, where the website lists him as "PIKMIN AND OLIMAR," but the announcer says differently?

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Scoliosis, for your information, I am 12, and a very mature 12 year old at that!! I'm dead serious, I swear to God, cross my heart I'm 12. Rosalina is just an idiot who deserves no place in Smash.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Do you guys think the character will be referred to as "ROSALINA AND LUMA" in-game, or will it be another case like Olimar, where the website lists him as "PIKMIN AND OLIMAR," but the announcer says differently?
Most likely just "Rosalina"

It's interesting how Sakurai seems to give the Lumas and Pikmin credit for fighting by including their names.

Scoliosis, for your information, I am 12, and a very mature 12 year old at that!! I'm dead serious, I swear to God, cross my heart I'm 12. Rosalina is just an idiot who deserves no place in Smash.
You don't wanna argue with Old Man Jones. :awesome:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Lol you're mature?

You used the word "********" several times in your childish rant to the point where no one can take you seriously. Clearly, ThatWasPeachy means that you simply can't handle Rosalina's inclusion.

You're funny.

Gune

Smash Lord
That's a bit harsh if they made into smash they must have a pretty damn good reason to be it isnt called "Nintendo all stars" for nothing.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I feel I should clarify - it's not Rosalina herself that I'm disappointed by, but rather, the fact that they chose Rosalina of all people to show off after a 6 month lack of newcomers. Villager, Megaman and Wii Fit Trainer were all hype builders in their own way. Villager was repping a franchise that didn't previously have a character, Megaman was a third-party and a fan-favourite, and Wii Fit Trainer was completely out of left field.

Rosalina by contrast seems the type of character that is kinda cool but not particularly hype-building. If you told a random person (a gamer but not necessarily a 'hardcore' one) that Rosalina was going to be playable in Smash, how hyped would they be? Probably not much more than they already were. If Rosalina were announced at any other time it'd be less of a disappointment, but waiting through 6 months of nothing and then the half-an-hour Mario advertisement that is Nintendo Direct only to get another Mario character was a big anti-climax.

inb4 "just be grateful we got another newcomer at all"
Maybe gravity provided something new. I suspect more newcomers. :cool:

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
In the Japanese version of Brawl, the announcer referred to them as Pikmin and Olimar. But in the NTSC version, he was just Olimar.

So I think it'll probably be "Rosalina and Luma" in Japan, but just Rosalina in NTSC and PAL.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
I am NOT funny. Rosalina is simply frickin' ********. She deserves not place. IDC what you think of me, but Rosalina is still ********.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
To all, I'd suggest not escalating this situation. Everyone is entitled to their opinions.

Perhaps a bit more tasteful language next time though U-throw, hmm?

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Why does everyone think that I react to harshly? Seriously, Zero, don't tell me you don't feel the same way!!!
Your werid bro, either your trolling or your just too young.

If you stayed up and your 12, get some rest, maybe that's what's making you loopy. In other words....

Please be civil or leave and come back when your ready to fight :metaknight:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Go ahead and be unfunny. But please, don't use such incessant childish rant language.

Rosalina is in the game. It's better that you get over it now rather than drag it out longer.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
What do you mean "tasteful"? Rosalina is ********, that's the only word to describe her. Also, for those who haven't gotten my name yet: U-Throw is Mewtwo's most powerful throw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom