• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

kikaru

Smash Ace
Some small and insignificant country town, WA.
3DS FC
0705-2807-1422
Man, I remember about two years back I asked you guys what you thought of my first potential roster. And while it did have some ****ty choices the idea of Rosalina being playable got shut down amongst the Toad vs. Jr. vs. Waluigi debates. Makes me glad to finally see her in action.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
What do you mean "tasteful"? Rosalina is ********, that's the only word to describe her. Also, for those who haven't gotten my name yet: U-Throw is Mewtwo's most powerful throw.
I mean not throwing around the word ******** like its completely trivial.

D

Deleted member

In the Japanese version of Brawl, the announcer referred to them as Pikmin and Olimar. But in the NTSC version, he was just Olimar.

So I think it'll probably be "Rosalina and Luma" in Japan, but just Rosalina in NTSC and PAL.
Don't you mean "Rosetta and Luma" in Japan?

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
I'll never get over her inclusion. Mewtwo not being included is the ONLY thing that could possibly provoke a larger reaction. Believe me, you WOULD NOT want to see me then. You wouldn't like me when I'm TRULY ticked off. And I'll go on childish rants whenever I want, thank you very much.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
You know whats "retarted"? You using that word at least a gazillion times in a negative context.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
None of you talking down to him are too smart in the first place if you're seriously acknowledging the fact that a 12-year old is using profanity.
I'm surprised he hasn't used the word "gay" over a dozen times.
I don't care if it offends people, I'm thick-skinned; I just associate the use the word as an insult with immaturity.

-----

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Give it a rest, U-throw. There is NOTHING you can do about Rosalina's inclusion, so better stop being butthurt about it.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
It just upsets me that kids these days say such ridiculous things. I blame parents not playing proper roles in their children's lives, and the "role models" such as Kanye West, who does nothing but produce garbage for our younger generations. I feel as if exposure to such things stunts the academic/ intellectual growth of children, and overall, it just really upsets me.

Maybe it's because I want to become a great teacher, but I mean come on now people. It's getting bad.

And i'm only 20 years old.

?????????????

Smash Master
There's always going to be people who complain about every character. Just as many people argued against Toon Link's re-inclusion. Rosalina is a Nintendo character, so she is including exactly what the game advertises; a crossover fighting game of Nintendo characters.

You can agree or disagree with the choices, but you're not the one calling the shots or making the game. You're the player. Just play the ****ing game.

...That's not to say there aren't certain characters I'd like to see, but I'm not going to "penalize" Nintendo/Sakurai for including different characters.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Come now people. Even though Rosalina is in, there are plenty of spots left to be taken. Who knows what is in store for us?!

There is no way to tell, but it's been fun so far. Can't wait to speculate further with you guys!
I know! I'm much more excited now than I was last night. (Stupid ****ing rumors.) Honestly Horsetail, what's the deal? Just because Rosalina got confirmed, all hope is lost? It could've been MII'S for **** sake. That would've killed any and all hype. But this? This gives me hope for the future.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I'll never get over her inclusion. Mewtwo not being included is the ONLY thing that could possibly provoke a larger reaction. Believe me, you WOULD NOT want to see me then. You wouldn't like me when I'm TRULY ticked off. And I'll go on childish rants whenever I want, thank you very much.
Then you risk getting warnings and infractions. You are entitled to your opinions but your offensive use of "retarted" is straying close to becoming a problem. When a moderator suggests you behave yourself, it's generally accepted that you take what they said to heart. Especially if they are just trying to help.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
******** is NOT profanity, and I will not "deal with it":glare:. Besides, I can already tell that none of you want Mewtwo in, since you all LOVE Rosalina:love:. You guys make me sick.:laugh:

Fine, I'll go cool off somewhere. I'm sorry if I made you feel bad about Rosalina.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
So we can't have both Mewtwo AND Rosalina? Some logic.

At this point, after this post, I am beginning to think U-Throw is a troll.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
******** is NOT profanity, and I will not "deal with it":glare:. Besides, I can already tell that none of you want Mewtwo in, since you all LOVE Rosalina:love:. You guys make me sick.:laugh:
Personally, I didn't support nor oppose Rosalina. I just thought she wasn't likely, and I'm a bit shocked by this.

I'm dissapointed that Toad is pretty much going to stay a meat-shield, though.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
We knew that based on Mario and Bowser jumping into the ring in the first trailer.

Also, I'm rewatching the trailer...I hope Rosalina gets some "refreshing" before the final game, because looking at a few of her moves, it looks to be almost mod-quality. That Up Special where it's just a linear air dash and the gliding dash attack in particular look amateur IMO.

Also, looking at Luma, the Luma appears to be mirroring Rosalina's attacks as a disjointed hitbox. She essentially has access to a duplicate, a more controllable Nana, so to speak. That could be where the 3DS difficulties are emerging.
Oh wow.
>Characters like the Ice Climbers
>like
Should have saw a character like this coming. Really happy to see Rosalina was chosen to be unique though, like the other three were. Might have to rethink my roster with that in mind now.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Ugh. Kids these days.

"I'll never get over get inclusion! Waaaah!" Just the same thing everyone thinks about not getting over a girl/guy who dumped them. Plus, unlike that, this is a ****ing game. Calm down and grow up, or leave. You can be disappointed, but don't be an obnoxious whining **** about it.

?????????????

Smash Master
******** is NOT profanity.
You REALLY want to go into this topic?

It's demeaning. It's attributing a certain type of person to an insult. It's dehumanizing to people who have mental disabilities. It's like saying that people with disabilities are less human or less of people than other people are, since you are so willing to use it as an insult.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Fine, I'll go cool off somewhere.

Good.

@Everyone else: Drop it, and move on. Discuss Rosalina and how it relates to further predictions, rather than discussing one person's reaction to their inclusion.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Rosalina means that any character can be made unique.

I'm open to any newcomer now, did not expect her to be using the lumas.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
This is pretty common for a newcomer reveal, all the different reactions of the rainbow: anger, confusion, elation, mild interest, sadness, and apathy. :troll:

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Wow, I would think more people would be happy about Rosalina considering how much gameplay potential she has shown. Look, Rosalina wasn't exactly my cup of tea coming into this Direct, but man does she look fun to play as, and that is what is important at the end of the day. She isn't an unimportant character, so this isn't comparable to Sakurai pulling some one-shot from a random game.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Well the character for me is Meh... but her moveset screams awesome and different so in the end is what matters because we play with those moves and you can include the most awesome character but with a bland moveset it becomes boring, instead if you include a no so high profile character but with a great gameplay with time it will get more fans and be requested for the next game.
.n_n.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
OK, so I cooled off, but just cause I'm gone doesn't mean you guys can bad-mouth me... I forgive you. I'm sorry about my over-reaction. We can have Rosalina and Mewtwo. It's just I was still really mad and... oh, IDK. I was just really upset. Anyway, now that I've seen the trailer, I'm cool with it. She could be interesting.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Let's drop it and move on. Report any violations, trolling, or flaming to the mods. Let's get back to discussing Rosalina and Smash.

OK, so I cooled off, but just cause I'm gone doesn't mean you guys can bad-mouth me... I forgive you. I'm sorry about my over-reaction. We can have Rosalina and Mewtwo. It's just I was still really mad and... oh, IDK. I was just really upset. Anyway, now that I've seen the trailer, I'm cool with it. She could be interesting.
Dude. It's cool

The past is in the past The BRoom version of this post is much better

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
OK, so yes Rosalina is showing potential. Did anyone else notice that she seemed to control Luma from outside that Wrestling Stadium arena? That could be interesting....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom