• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
Nintendo want to use rosalina more, thats about it.
3D World is just the begining of what this character will have, Smash is confirming how important she will be tomorrow.

Definitely mario galaxy 3 at a moment.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
At least doesn't this deconfirm that ridiculous Mii December rumor? Where Rosalina was supposed to be an AT?

It also confirms that characters can stand outside the boxing ring.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Look, Rosalina is cool, but the thing is, I don't think she'll ever be a major Mario character.
She will now. Playable role in 3D Mario + consistent role in Mario spin-offs (and main series games for that matter) + playable in Smash + effects of being playable in Smash = major character.

The age of Rosalina is just starting. :smirk:

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
So I wonder what Rosalina's reveal potentially brings in all of this. Just from Rosalina and Luma alone, the following characters could be seen as all that much more unlikely to practically deconfirmed now:

-Starfy: Has a very similar body shape and color to the Luma, would possibly create confusion
-Palutena: "Cosmic womanly figure that makes use of magic" taken by Rosalina
-Paper Mario: 5th Mario character slot taken up, any more would become over-excessive
-Toad: See above
-Bowser Jr.: "
-Waluigi: "
-Daisy: ", in addition to "secondary Mario princess" being taken up

Not saying they're deconfirmed, but with Rosalina, support for those characters is looking shoddy at best now.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
I like how when Rosalina was confirmed for Mario Kart Wii back in 2008, everyone thought she'd basically be a blue Daisy who'd only be appearing in spinoffs for the rest of her existance.

Boy were they wrong. :p

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Well, on another note, good that we didn't get Zelda today. We might get her on ALBW's Japanese release after all.

Also, rewatching the trailer, should we say that Rainbow Road is a confirmed stage now?

Her moveset sure is interesting, I can't wait to try it out. She does seem to have a bit higher difficulty curve.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
It also confirms that characters can stand outside the boxing ring.
We knew that based on Mario and Bowser jumping into the ring in the first trailer.

Also, I'm rewatching the trailer...I hope Rosalina gets some "refreshing" before the final game, because looking at a few of her moves, it looks to be almost mod-quality. That Up Special where it's just a linear air dash and the gliding dash attack in particular look amateur IMO.

Also, looking at Luma, the Luma appears to be mirroring Rosalina's attacks as a disjointed hitbox. She essentially has access to a duplicate, a more controllable Nana, so to speak. That could be where the 3DS difficulties are emerging.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
LOL
All the butthurt about the Rosalina reveal.
"But she is not relevant!"
"She was just a playable character in Mario 3D World for the sake of having another playable character!"
"But muh Bowser Jr.,Toad and Waluigi!"
Nobody cares,Rosalina is confirmed and that will not change.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Yeah. I'm extremely hype and really interesting in maining or seconding her, but I was terrible at Carl Clover in Blazblue, and that's who I'm reminded of.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
So I wonder what Rosalina's reveal potentially brings in all of this. Just from Rosalina and Luma alone, the following characters could be seen as all that much more unlikely to practically deconfirmed now:
imo while all those characters did take a hit, I'd still put Palutena in a higher place than the other six.

Also, rewatching the trailer, should we say that Rainbow Road is a confirmed stage now?

Yes please. But idk I think this month is done, seeing that we got our first newcomer since e3.
Not if Nintendo still wants to take advantage of ALBW promotion.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
To be honest, as much as I wouldn't have minded Toad, Waluigi and Bowser jr and all. Rosalina was actually the Mario character I secretly supported the most. So I'm actually really excited for her. I might end up maining her instead of the Villager if none of my other wanted newcomers make it in. :)

*Goes to edit sig*

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain

-Starfy: Has a very similar body shape and color to the Luma, would possibly create confusion
-Paper Mario: 5th Mario character slot taken up, any more would become over-excessive

Not saying they're deconfirmed, but with Rosalina, support for those characters is looking shoddy at best now.
And maybe Toon Zelda because the same reason of Palutena, too many magic girls! XD

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Great now Mario is complete with some extra now move the hell on to pokemon sakurai.
Okay.
"We're excited to show off Pokeballs for the first time! And here's a Pokeball Pokemon: Lucario!"
:troll:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
My only beef with the reveal is... why couldn't it wait until it was another 3-character reveal like in E3?

Eh, whatever.... I won't get my hype level SO high to the imminent reveals of Cranky, Birdo, and Warioware Waluigi.

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord

People was using a lot the "confusion" argument when wario was using the wario ware outfit instead of the classic one, and then we end having the 3 plumbers with similar color shapes.

Someone else note how luma change colors in the trailer? could this mean its change depending on the damage he has? thats enough difference from starfy in my eyes.
Palutena is very different in look and moveset potential, i dont see how it damage her chances.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I'm fairly certain this closes the way for any additional Mario characters. Sakurai has said in an interview that while picking characters for the roster he has to be careful to not just overflow it with characters from Mario just because it's popular. This made me think that we wouldn't get a new Mario character, but we apparently still did, so I'm fairly certain that the way is closed now. The only franchise I see getting two newcomers is Donkey Kong anyways.

D

Deleted member

A little weird to see her and not Jr., but eh.
Gives me some hope about Cranky Kong, though. :troll:

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
I think that the color affects the specials of the Lumas. The Yellow one went out much farther than the red one (as seen on Wily's Castle), but perhaps it's stronger.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
LOOK, I JUST CHECKED THE SMASH WEBSITE AND REALIZED ROSALINA WAS CONFIRMED. I COOMPLETLEY IT!!!!!! ROSALINA IS ******** FREAK WHO DOES NOT DESERVE TO BE IN SMASH!!!! WHEN I PUT GONNA HAPPEN, GONNA BE ********, I DIDN'T KNOW SHE WAS CONFIRMED. CRAP THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HARDLY WANT THE GAME ANYMORE. SIRE, SHE'S COOL!!! BUT DAISY, WALUIGI, EVEN BIRDO WOUD HAVE BEEN MORE APPROPRIATE. I WOULD HAVE RATHER HAD SHIGERU MIYAMOTO PLAYABLE!!!! I NEED TO GO LYE DOWN SOMEHWERE AND COOL OFF!!!! THIS IS FREAKIN' ********. WHY WOULD ANYONE ON THIS EARTH BE HAPPY ABOUT ROSALINA?????? SHE IS NOT AS GOOD. DAISY AND WALUIGI NEVER GET ANY LOVE!!!!!!! THIS STUPID!! THIS IS THE SECOND MADDEST I'VE EVER BEEN AT NINTENDO (THE FIRST WAS WHEN THEY REMOVED MEWTWO FROM SSBB). I SWEAR SHE DOSN'T DESERVE A SPOT!! DOCTOR MARIO IS A MORE APPROPRIATE OPTION. NURSE TOADSTOOL, DR. LUGIGI, WHAT THE HECK, EVEN DOCTOR WARIO!!! ANYONE, ANYONE, ANNNYYYYYYOOOOONNNNEEE WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER THAN THIS ******** IDIOT. LUMA SHOULD BE A SEPERATE PLAYABLE CHARACTER!! THAT'S RIGHT!!!! YOU HEARD ME!!! LUMA ALONE IS BETTER!! SHE'S BOUND TO BE AN OLIMAR CLONE!!!! THE ONLY COOL THING IS THAT SHE CAN GRAB ITEMS FROM AFAR!!! THIS IS BY FAR THE BIGGEST WTF CHARACTER IN THE HISTORY OF SMASH!!! IT BEATS SONIC, EVEN JIGGLYPUFF!! JIGGLYPUFF IS BETTER THAN HER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ALL SHE'S USING IS ELEMENTS FROM OLIMAR AND BETA ELEMENTS FOR ZSS!!!! THIS IS BEYOND CRAPPY!! I AM BEYOND ENFURIATED AT THE SHEER STUPIDITY AT OF NINTENDO!! THAT IS THE SECOND TIME I HAVE CALLED NINTENDO STUPID!!! YA KNOW WHAT????? I'D RATHER HAVE LUCARIO RETURN THAN ADD THIS IMBECILE!!!!!!!!! THE ONLY THING THAT COULD POSSIBLY IN THE ENITIRE UNIVERSE MAKE ME MADDER I IF MEWTWO IS NOT RETURNING!!!!! GAAAAAAAAAAHHAHAHAHYUDZGFKJHARLBKVRGHRARHIGASFHFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT THE HECK!!!! ICAN'T EVEN STOP TYPING I'M SO MAD!! THIS IS THE LONGEST POST I'VE EVER MADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH, MY GOSH, THIS IS ********!! AASGAKJSDGF GAHHH!!!! SO......FREAKIN'..... ********!! AHFGJDSHGFHKJDSFGHKJSDFGAW!!!!!!!! OKOKOOKKO!!! I VILL NEVER GET OVER THIS PURE RAGE!!! NEVER!!!!! TALK TO ME OF ROSALINA, AND YOU'LL GET ANOTHER POST LIKE THIS!!! UNDERSTAND????? SHE IS THE STUPIDEST INCLUSION EVER!!!!!! GASHJGFJH!!!! REPLY AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!!!!

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Well first, he didn't make Palutena. So his modesty towards his own product doesn't necessarily apply.

Rosalina's unique playstyle is more because of the Luma if you ask me. Palutena can still be in, and be unique.

Gune

Smash Lord
Lucario veteran reveal on the 26th?

Yes please. But idk I think this month is done, seeing that we got our first newcomer since e3.
I want something perferrably Lucario but anything would satisfy I mean even the zelda franchise got a reveal pokemon needs something.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Is "Too many Magic Girls" the new "Too many Sword Users" now?
As it stands now we still have more sword-wielders than characters representing the other half of the population, so I don't think it's that critical yet. :smirk:

Maybe if we get Palutena and Dixie and Toon Zelda. :troll:

CalumG

Smash Lord
I feel I should clarify - it's not Rosalina herself that I'm disappointed by, but rather, the fact that they chose Rosalina of all people to show off after a 6 month lack of newcomers. Villager, Megaman and Wii Fit Trainer were all hype builders in their own way. Villager was repping a franchise that didn't previously have a character, Megaman was a third-party and a fan-favourite, and Wii Fit Trainer was completely out of left field.

Rosalina by contrast seems the type of character that is kinda cool but not particularly hype-building. If you told a random person (a gamer but not necessarily a 'hardcore' one) that Rosalina was going to be playable in Smash, how hyped would they be? Probably not much more than they already were. If Rosalina were announced at any other time it'd be less of a disappointment, but waiting through 6 months of nothing and then the half-an-hour Mario advertisement that is Nintendo Direct only to get another Mario character was a big anti-climax.

inb4 "just be grateful we got another newcomer at all"

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
HOLY **** HOLY **** HOLY **** HOLY **** HOLY **** HOLY **** HOLY **** HOLY **** HOLY **** HOLY **** HOLY ****
ROSALINA ROSALINA ROSALINA ROSALINA ROSALINA ROSALINA ROSALINA ROSALINA ROSALINA ....

I DID NOT SEE THIS COMING!!!!!!

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
LOOK, I JUST CHECKED THE SMASH WEBSITE AND REALIZED ROSALINA WAS CONFIRMED. I COOMPLETLEY IT!!!!!! ROSALINA IS ******** FREAK WHO DOES NOT DESERVE TO BE IN SMASH!!!! WHEN I PUT GONNA HAPPEN, GONNA BE ********, I DIDN'T KNOW SHE WAS CONFIRMED. CRAP THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HARDLY WANT THE GAME ANYMORE. SIRE, SHE'S COOL!!! BUT DAISY, WALUIGI, EVEN BIRDO WOUD HAVE BEEN MORE APPROPRIATE. I WOULD HAVE RATHER HAD SHIGERU MIYAMOTO PLAYABLE!!!! I NEED TO GO LYE DOWN SOMEHWERE AND COOL OFF!!!! THIS IS FREAKIN' ********. WHY WOULD ANYONE ON THIS EARTH BE HAPPY ABOUT ROSALINA?????? SHE IS NOT AS GOOD. DAISY AND WALUIGI NEVER GET ANY LOVE!!!!!!! THIS STUPID!! THIS IS THE SECOND MADDEST I'VE EVER BEEN AT NINTENDO (THE FIRST WAS WHEN THEY REMOVED MEWTWO FROM SSBB). I SWEAR SHE DOSN'T DESERVE A SPOT!! DOCTOR MARIO IS A MORE APPROPRIATE OPTION. NURSE TOADSTOOL, DR. LUGIGI, WHAT THE HECK, EVEN DOCTOR WARIO!!! ANYONE, ANYONE, ANNNYYYYYYOOOOONNNNEEE WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER THAN THIS ******** IDIOT. LUMA SHOULD BE A SEPERATE PLAYABLE CHARACTER!! THAT'S RIGHT!!!! YOU HEARD ME!!! LUMA ALONE IS BETTER!! SHE'S BOUND TO BE AN OLIMAR CLONE!!!! THE ONLY COOL THING IS THAT SHE CAN GRAB ITEMS FROM AFAR!!! THIS IS BY FAR THE BIGGEST WTF CHARACTER IN THE HISTORY OF SMASH!!! IT BEATS SONIC, EVEN JIGGLYPUFF!! JIGGLYPUFF IS BETTER THAN HER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ALL SHE'S USING IS ELEMENTS FROM OLIMAR AND BETA ELEMENTS FOR ZSS!!!! THIS IS BEYOND CRAPPY!! I AM BEYOND ENFURIATED AT THE SHEER STUPIDITY AT OF NINTENDO!! THAT IS THE SECOND TIME I HAVE CALLED NINTENDO STUPID!!! YA KNOW WHAT????? I'D RATHER HAVE LUCARIO RETURN THAN ADD THIS IMBECILE!!!!!!!!! THE ONLY THING THAT COULD POSSIBLY IN THE ENITIRE UNIVERSE MAKE ME MADDER I IF MEWTWO IS NOT RETURNING!!!!! GAAAAAAAAAAHHAHAHAHYUDZGFKJHARLBKVRGHRARHIGASFHFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT THE HECK!!!! ICAN'T EVEN STOP TYPING I'M SO MAD!! THIS IS THE LONGEST POST I'VE EVER MADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH, MY GOSH, THIS IS ********!! AASGAKJSDGF GAHHH!!!! SO......FREAKIN'..... ********!! AHFGJDSHGFHKJDSFGHKJSDFGAW!!!!!!!! OKOKOOKKO!!! I VILL NEVER GET OVER THIS PURE RAGE!!! NEVER!!!!! TALK TO ME OF ROSALINA, AND YOU'LL GET ANOTHER POST LIKE THIS!!! UNDERSTAND????? SHE IS THE STUPIDEST INCLUSION EVER!!!!!! GASHJGFJH!!!! REPLY AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!!!!
What are you, 12?

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
I want something perferrably Lucario but anything would satisfy I mean even the zelda franchise got a reveal pokemon needs something.

Well it'd be cool if we got more but idk. There was no pokemon vet during x and y, so my hopes are low for zelda during LBW release. At least we knew something would happen in this direct. We don't necessarily know if we'll get something later in the month or not.

U-throw is so totally banned or warned.... Lol

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Rosalina looks soooo cool and flashy. I'm totally maining..,.

my hype is officially dead.
(>人<; )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom