• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CalumG

Smash Lord
Well that was disappointing

BUT

hey at least the Mario newcomer is Rosalina and not Waluigi, could be worse I guess

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
i just sawed rosalina confirmed
i guess there was a mario newcomer.
oh well congratulations rosalina supporters.
also i'll be right back. my brother is going to S*** when he hears this!

Manny Toons

Smash Journeyman
Rosalina? Uhh... ok. Not the most expected of choices... but she looks pretty interesting. :D

Happy that stupid Mario/Zelda/Pokemon are equal and will stay at four "theory" can go die now. :rolleyes:

M&SG must be over the moon. :laugh:
Totally, heh.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
She looks awesome and I am really liking how she uses the Luma with her attacks. They really did well with her. Plus, it's good to see a newcomer revealed.

I bet M&SG is ****ting bricks right about now.

I wonder when they will update the website.....I bet her color is turquoise.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
So can we say firmly that Toad, or for that matter any Mario newcomer is dead in Chandelure's graveyard?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Rosalina being confirmed playable really made my day. That's one less character down, and I can now focus on thinking about Bowser Jr. next.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
So can we say firmly that Toad, or for that matter any Mario newcomer is dead in Chandelure's graveyard?
Firmly? No, there's still a chance, even if small, that the Mario series isn't done. Obv none of the others are especially likely after this, but I don't think this can indirectly deconfirm them.

Though people should've stopped expecting Toad a long time ago.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Really the best part of that entire trailer was the false hope for Kirby Air Ride 2.

But Rosalina looks like a very interesting character to play as.

?????????????

Smash Master
I am in favor of this. I expected Bowser Jr. more and I wished for Paper Mario more, but I'm happy with this. Totally expecting 5 Pokemon characters now.

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
Told ya ^^

Kirby x Lumba could be hinting Starfy, just a thought.
Anyways, Toad still have a chance people xD

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I think that a Rainbow Road stage is all but confirmed Ad her Uair looks pretty sick and powerful. I am liking her a lot.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I'm not going to sit here and pretend to be excited or happy with Rosalina in Smash just because "Oooh, shiny trailer! Functional moveset!" That being said, congrats to those who supported her, I'm sure you're over the moon at the moment.

Once the dust has settled a bit, we'll be able to sit down and reflect on what her inclusion potentially means for the rest of the roster.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Yeeeaaah. She doesn't really hype me much per say. Not only didn't I want a Mario newcomer, but if any I thought it should at least be Bowser Jr or Toad. Never really found the appeal in Rosalina in the Mario games either.

But I'm not going to be the party pooper around here, because she does look like a very unique addition, and we finally got a newcomer too. So congrats to her supporters!

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I know I saw somebody mention recency, but I don't know that that is entirely the case. I just don't think it had anything to do with her, and more with the fact that she IS being pushed as a major Mario character.

Also, she is linked go Super Mario 3D world, so characters can share a link to a site.

Also, how about that Hyrule Warriors?! ****ing sweet!

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I officially DESPISE the Mario franchise.
Really, I've had it up to HERE. Two E3s ago I got literally SICK due to the saturation of MARIO in the show.

Bear in mind I have nothing against Rosalina. Her moveset seems intriguing, kind of "Marvel-esque" too.
But Rosalina could have easily been one of the last Newcomers to be revealed, or a hidden character at that.

It's been six absolutely boring months, barring the Sonic reveal, just to get another MARIO character. If fortune smiles upon me, she's hopefully the last. (But oh wait... there's still the Yoshi and Wario "franchises")

I need another Crunch bar right now...:mad:

All this said... At least she's a pretty cool/unique pick to be the 5th Mario character.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
I knew there would be a fifth Mario character!

I know there's a lot of people who think that she's undeserving of the character slot, but look at how innovative those Lumas are. That's something no one else can do, and I think she helps maintain the high quality of the newcomers that we're getting.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Personally I doubt she would've been included if not for her role in 3D World. Because she was popular before, and she was important before... but not that popular, and not that important, at least compared to other Mario characters.

Also yeah, Hyrule Warriors looks like its exploding with fanservice, which I much appreciate. :awesome:
And Sonic pretty much seems to be a Nintendo character now. :troll:

And goddam Baby Daisy is back again in MK goddamit. Blah. :mad:

In any case, the wait, at least for me, gets significantly harder after each character. Especially newcomers. Especially newcomers that look cool and interesting and shiny. :D

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Anybody still dare to say that Pokémon Trainer and Ice Climbers are on the edge because of the 3DS?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I still think Paper Mario and Dr. Mario are possible. Paper Mario as a rep possibly for his own series, and Dr. Mario as a quick last minute clone.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
^^lol wut

tencharacters

@Chrono (because **** Windows 8. Doesn't let me quote)

I honestly would think of another Mario character as overkill. They really don't need another one. If there are going to be last minute semi clones, they should be Dixie, Chrom/Roy, or some other character from another series.

Mario is fine if you ask me.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
This actually says a lot about the character selection on the roster.. I think a large amount of people would've said it's about time for a new Mario character. How I didn't see this coming is beyond me. Didn't Sakurai say that he's looking for uniqueness this time? Think about it. The characters from Mario we suggest commonly. Waluigi, Toad, Bowser Jr. -- these are so much more similar to existing characters than Rosalina. Plus, Rosalina has been up and coming for a while with inclusions as playable in a bunch of different places, with the most significant being SM3DW.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Personally I doubt she would've been included if not for her role in 3D World. Because she was popular before, and she was important before... but not that popular, and not that important, at least compared to other Mario characters.

Also yeah, Hyrule Warriors looks like its exploding with fanservice, which I much appreciate. :awesome:
And Sonic pretty much seems to be a Nintendo character now. :troll:

And goddam Baby Daisy is back again in MK goddamit. Blah. :mad:

In any case, the wait, at least for me, gets significantly harder after each character. Especially newcomers. Especially newcomers that look cool and interesting and shiny. :D
I'm just happy she made it in the game, as you can tell. ;)

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Seriously? I'm perfectly content with this character reveal. It's much better than "Mii", which I was almost convinced we were going to get. She looks glorious, and even though it isn't Little Mac, yet, I'm pretty god damn happy.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I don't think people should expect another Mario character, but I'd hardly say they're outside the realm of possibility.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
This actually says a lot about the character selection on the roster.. I think a large amount of people would've said it's about time for a new Mario character. How I didn't see this coming is beyond me. Didn't Sakurai say that he's looking for uniqueness this time? Think about it. The characters from Mario we suggest commonly. Waluigi, Toad, Bowser Jr. -- these are so much more similar to existing characters than Rosalina. Plus, Rosalina has been up and coming for a while with inclusions as playable in a bunch of different places, with the most significant being SM3DW.
And yet people kept insisting she'd be a clone of Peach. :rolleyes: Which was pretty silly by the way.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Considering that virtually every Mario contender was in a massive ratrace with no clear frontrunner, it's reasonable enough to believe her Super Mario 3D World appearance may have helped grant her the spot. Even then, though, nothing she does in that trailer resembles what she does in 3D World; it's all Galaxy-centered, which may indicate that Sakurai favored her as an addition based on those games alone.

Also, anyone wanting to come in and claim "Rosalina is in, we can now no longer predict anything!!!", here's a preemptive 'shut up.' Plenty of people figured there would be a new Mario character, just not the right one, thanks to the Sakurai variable.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
The only way I see another Mario character happening is a last minute Dr. Mario clone or if Paper Mario is repping his own games.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Look, Rosalina is cool, but the thing is, I don't think she'll ever be a major Mario character. She needs to stay a supporting character in the Galaxy franchise, along with Lubba. Now, I don't think she deserved a spot in SM3DW. Daisy would have been a far better choice. When was the last time she was in a major game? Waluigi would have been off the charts awesome, since he has NEVER been in a major game. At least daisy has Super Mario Land. Wario would have been cool, too. Rosaline getting a spot in the next game would fell a little awkward to me, if not a little ********, but she would still be fun to play as. I'd rather have Daisy, but the way things are going, Rosalina might have a spot before Ridley or even Waluigi. Rosalina is going to be one of those WTF characters that are in every game:

SSB64: Ness, Jigglypuff, C. Falcon (Franchise was still small at the time, not massive like it is now)
SSBM: Jigglypuff, Pichu (Joke at the time, needs a comeback now), Lucas (Almost replaced Ness, which would have been stupid, cause you gotta honor the original 12, not 8, 12
SSBB:R.O.B. (He's just under-appreciated, but I love him), Jigglypuff, Snake (He was just... weird), Sonic (In a good way), Mii (Why wasn't he in, oh, that's right: NO REASON)
SSB4:Wii Fit Trainer (Cool, but weird, like Snake), Rosalina (Gonna happen, gonna be ********), NOT Mega Man (Everyone saw it coming), Jigglypuff (Bound to happen)

Notice how Jigglypuff is in every one of those lists, but I actually nominate her inclusion, since she's one of the original 12, so she's always gonna be a WTF character.

Now that that's outta the way, who thinks Raichu may become a playable character? I think it's plausible, since he could replace/be in the game with Pichu, completing the Pikachu evolutionary line.
Anyone else wonder why the heck Pikachu didn't get a Megalution, considering he's the flagship character. I thought he should get at least 1, if not 2. I was surprised when Pikachu didn't get one. At least give it to Raichu. Maybe he'll come in later, but whatever.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
People suggesting Rosalina could've been a Peach clone aren't stupid - she obviously has enough for her own moveset, but so did Ganondorf, so did Lucas, so did Toon Link. Rosalina never seemed like a priority addition, so it makes sense people might've pegged her as a potential clone if that's where they saw her having her best chances. Like Bowser Jr or Dixie or Chrom, they could be original (yeah, even Chrom), but they also could be semi-clones.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Even then I think another Mario character would be overkill at this point. Let the other series have some time to shine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom