• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
What? Of course they were.

Melee: Pikachu, Jiggs, Mewtwo, Pichu
Brawl: Pikachu, Jiggs. Removed: Mewtwo, Pichu. Added: Poke Trainer, Lucario

"Replace"
verb
1. take the place of.
"Ian's smile was replaced by a frown"

He was literally, replaced.
Er, no, not at all. Considering Mewtwo was still in development and had so much as his own texture, his own victory music and assuming animations planned out, Mewtwo wasn't replaced at all, seeing as he was still intended for the game. The only character that was replaced was Young Link for Toon Link. Besides, you can't just replace a Pokemon like Mewtwo, seeing as there's no pokemon big enough to do it.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Well I can see Zelda getting a 5th rep and believe it or not I can see Ganon taking the spot (frequently appearing in the games, really important to the Zelda series and a very underated and left field of choice with a great moveset potential).

.n_n.

Manny Toons

Smash Journeyman
Well I can see Zelda getting a 5th rep and believe it or not I can see Ganon taking the spot (frequently appearing in the games, really important to the Zelda series and a very underated and left field of choice with a great moveset potential).

.n_n.

If Zelda gets a 5th rep... I want Tingle. Iconic, fun and unique. Anything else would likely not excite me as much. Well, maybe Impa...

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

.n_n.
I can fully agree with that, but Tingle is apparently the better choice here.. :/

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I don't see Ganon taking the spot, especially since his use as a Final smash in Brawl is
A) Massive
B) The most un-fighterish thing I've seen, having a realistic-ish bodyshape of a boar
C) Likely to be GDorf's F-Smash again.

I haven't played Skyward Sword or the latest 3DS title, but are there any potentials in those?

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
I still think Mic_128 has a valid point. If I broke a clay pot and took it upon myself to make a replica and my own pot on a clay pot wheel, but only had time to make my own clay pot and put that in place of the now broken pot, then it was, by the very nature of the word, replaced. Both were intended to be created, but time restraints left only one to exist for others to see, being the new one with its own design. Take the metaphor and apply it to Mewtwo and Lucario and it works exactly.

Mewtwo wasn't replaced in the technical sense people think of when we look into Brawl's files. To the official perspective, however--how we were only intended to see Brawl in its normal state and not look around inside the game's file--Mewtwo being replaced by Lucario very much matches what Mic is trying to say. The same is likewise said for Young Link, the smaller Link who instead had Toon Link reach the final product, and Roy, the popular Lord with fire who instead had Ike reach the final product.

I don't think we're being nut-jobs to look at this from a presentation standpoint for a minute. We all know Lucario and Mewtwo were both intended to be playable. In the end, however, Lucario took the place of Mewtwo in Brawl. Or hell, maybe Lucario just replaced Pichu instead? Maybe Pokemon Trainer replaced Mewtwo? The point is that 2 characters were replaced by 2 other characters instead. Is this a hard concept to grasp?

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I don't see Ganon taking the spot, especially since his use as a Final smash in Brawl is
A) Massive
B) The most un-fighterish thing I've seen, having a realistic-ish bodyshape of a boar

I haven't played Skyward Sword or the latest 3DS title, but are there any potentials in those?
Well, people talk of Ghirahim in having a really interesting fighting style, as unlikely as he truly is, and I have to agree that his fighting style is already laid out for him, but again not likely. There's also Demise, the main villain and the source of the origin of Ganondorf, but again unlikely. As for A Link Between Worlds, haven't played it but I know Ganon is most likely the final boss again.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Five characters isn't that big of a deal. Most of us were hoping for that with the Pokémon series anyways. The only series none of us were sure on is Zelda, because, let's face it, there really aren't that many characters to pick from. Of course, this completely neglects the fact that Shiek is considered a separate entity from Zelda, so there are technically five Zelda characters already. Should Sakurai choose to emphasize that more by splitting them up? I don't know.
Split up Zelda and Sheik? Won't happen. We can still have separate Zelda and...

IMPA!

Yes, mother****ing IMPA! Zelda Wii U is Skyward Sword-based! No need for her even to appear (but it's highly likely she still will ;) ).

Toon Link's reveal before Zelda / Sheik also always was odd. Now I think Impa actually is THE MOST LIKELY Zelda newcomer. She already was before, mind you. It now has become painfully obvious.

Good game haters. :cool:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
The only time he had this Lion/Boar ish design was in Twilight Princess, in all his other appearances he had a decent looking fighting design.

But eh, seeing as how we have the Brawl designs of the two Link's again, I'd suppose Ganondorf will follow suit and use that Lion/Boar Final Smash again anyway so you might as well be right... :rolleyes:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
A) Massive

Yes. Impa.

Not only is she re-occuring, she has also an extremely important role in Skyward Sword and shows combat abilities of herself.

Split up Zelda / Sheik.

Cut Sheik.

Add Impa.

This is what I've been preaching for a long time, and it looks like it's about to happen. ;)

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Now that Rosalina is playable, it is probably not a stretch to say Dixie Kong will probably show up eventually as well. Not going to go so far as others and say Cranky Kong is all but a lock, but considering Dixie Kong was already highly requested prior to this game and is now getting her share in the spotlight again, now is probably the best time for her to appear.

If Sakurai changed his mind on the Villager, he can change his mind on Slime as well.
A Jack Nicholson "Nod" GIF is appropriate here.

D

Deleted member

Five characters isn't that big of a deal. Most of us were hoping for that with the Pokémon series anyways. The only series none of us were sure on is Zelda, because, let's face it, there really aren't that many characters to pick from. Of course, this completely neglects the fact that Shiek is considered a separate entity from Zelda, so there are technically five Zelda characters already. Should Sakurai choose to emphasize that more by splitting them up? I don't know.
Technically, we already have six Pokémon characters. That said, I will be highly surprised if Pokémon doesn't get a seventh characters this time around. There's not really any reason not to have Brawl + Mewtwo in at this point. Heck, there's even an off-chance of us getting eight.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Rosalina looks fun as **** to play btw! :rosalina:

Coolest newcomer so far for sure!!

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
I dont see impa over tetra.
They both will be semi clones or at least share some moves with zelda/sheik, anyways.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
Okay, I think this is a good time to say it.

Nintendo now seems has little problems with a 5th Mario Rep, let alone any other 5th Reps from what we have seen right here. I think it's possible for us to get new reps here and there, so people finally are getting that Nintendo isn't picking the most likely, nor are they sticking to foruth reps. I was seeing this coming, to be honest...

Furthermore, Rosalina's Playstyle looks slick. It's like someone took Carl Clover, Ice Climbers, Relius Clover and some other 4th character and blended them at the right speed.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Nintendo keeps calling it the year of Luigi, but I think this trailer pretty much confirms that its not the year of Luigi.

It's the year of Rosalina!

amiright?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
With Skull Kid out of the way (who will always be my most wanted Zelda character) I'm warming up more to Impa. I still think Sheik will be the one to get in, but personally I'd like to get a character who can be included on a basis larger than just good timing.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I still think Mic_128 has a valid point. If I broke a clay pot and took it upon myself to make a replica and my own pot on a clay pot wheel, but only had time to make my own clay pot and put that in place of the now broken pot, then it was, by the very nature of the word, replaced. Both were intended to be created, but time restraints left only one to exist for others to see, being the new one with its own design. Take the metaphor and apply it to Mewtwo and Lucario and it works exactly.

Mewtwo wasn't replaced in the technical sense people think of when we look into Brawl's files. To the official perspective, however--how we were only intended to see Brawl in its normal state and not look around inside the game's file--Mewtwo being replaced by Lucario very much matches what Mic is trying to say. The same is likewise said for Young Link, the smaller Link who instead had Toon Link reach the final product, and Roy, the popular Lord with fire who instead had Ike reach the final product.
Your analogy is a bit faulty here, Mewtwo wasn't "broken" in the same sense that he needed to be replaced, he was made alongside Lucario with the exact intention of being presented with him. In a sense, it's more like the artist was making two pots and then the former broke near the end and he finished the latter. Or, to pull a previous analogy, if I were to work alongside someone with a project and then I get booted and they finish up the project, they didn't replace me, he was just there for the final leg. Same thing with Lucario, he (nor PT) didn't replace Mewtwo, he was made alongside him and just was lucky to be finished ahead of the other.

Toon Link however, was done with the intention of replacing Young Link and in every aspect fits that idea, that's more like me getting the boot and another employer comes in, unlike the previous example where my sacking had no effect on my coworker.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Maybe Luigi and Rosalina share their birthday. :troll:

Rosalina is no longer a Blue Peach clone now, as everyone might have expect a few years ago. Those days are gone. It's a good thing to see the Mario series expand its core cast.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
No more saying any character isn't important enough..

I swear to god I've seen Luma Charge suggested so many times as a move.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
Once someone makes a roster icon, I gotta go update my roster. A lot, now.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Tingle. It's your turn baby.

I bet you're just happy it's another girl.

I'm just happy Sakurai is ****ting on everyone. He's going for interesting move sets. He don't give a **** who we think is important. He's ripping us apart, and it's a good thing. I like that we've gotten Miss Fit and Rosalina istead of Dixie and Palutena.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Also, Luma is also a character (technically), and no one saw that coming! A move, maybe, but as a character with second billing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom