• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I am no man's god. God is but a mere cousinly name, you fool!

Cousin God's Robert is fine. The Cousin God must have a proper Robert to function, after all.

God damn, this is a weird conversation.
Whenever I see your name, I think of this guy...

But then your avy shocks my senses and I start seeing a pairing of Sakurai and Robert Baratheon

....and then all **** breaks lose.

Onto Saki, I support him fully, I was sad to see him not playable and has the chance for a very unique move set. As well, not to mention that Sakurai acknowledges the character and how he would fit into Smash Bros. While he is very unique and would do well in Smash Bros., he isn't extremely popular and is often referred to as "that blonde haired sword chick" in other circles. I find it strange everyone think he's a girl. I just don't see it.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
What's so bad about weird discussions being weird? If a weird discussion isn't weird, than what is it? Weird discussions are supposed to be weird, so if it isn't weird, then that'd just be weird!

.......................................weird.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Think about the word weird. "I before E, except after C", as the rhyme goes. But Weird doesn't make any sense, because it's incorrect grammar. It's strange, it's nonconforming, it's ... weird.

:upsidedown:

How did we get on this topic, haha?

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
What's so bad about weird discussions being weird? If a weird discussion isn't weird, than what is it? Weird discussions are supposed to be weird, so if it isn't weird, then that'd just be weird!

.......................................weird.

Weird...

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Think about the word weird. "I before E, except after C", as the rhyme goes. But Weird doesn't make any sense, because it's incorrect grammar. It's strange, it's nonconforming, it's ... weird.

:upsidedown:

How did we get on this topic, haha?
Speaking of which, when discussing Zelda characters, I think:
"I before E, except when it's Sheik."

I used to get confused on the letter order.

----

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Heh, you guys can say all you want about Saki's "dubious" manhood, but I don't see a lot of Nintendo heroes who become FATHERS.

Isaac, Saki, ... ??? And I guess Link to an extent since descendant Links have to come out from somewhere (unless they come out of the triforce's *** or something).

Too late, Pit already has his moveset complete.
Saki still stands as the rail-shooter representative bringer. (Because Fox (and company) doesn't cut it)

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Heh, you guys can say all you want about Saki's "dubious" manhood, but I don't see a lot of Nintendo heroes who become FATHERS.

Isaac, Saki, ... ??? And I guess Link to an extent since descendant Links have to come out from somewhere (unless they come out of the triforce's *** or something).
Flint for next Mother character. He's the Smash King. :awesome:
Lucas better not misbehave when daddy joins the fight.

Kid Icarus wasn't original designed as a rail-shooter, so ha!

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Get to it!
[collapse="Los geht's!"]Ridley:

A character truly deserving of being added to this roster of Nintendo all-stars. While I myself am not a Metroid fan (Still need to play Fusion and the original game fully), but I understand why Ridley is very important to Metroid and why he is the best possible choice for a second Metroid character. I wouldn't be getting overly excited about him, but I'd be happy.
King K.Rool:

Here's another character I can't say I'd be really disappointed about, but I think he makes sense.
Dixie Kong:

Like with K. Rool, I feel the same with Dixie. But I feel like K. Rool has more pizazz to him, he seems like he'd be more fun to play with to me.
Little Mac:

I have to say that Little Mac is one of the several characters I kinda want to see, maybe not as much as others. But still one I'd like to see be implemented in a Smash Brothers game.
Palutena:

I'll also have to say that Palutena is character I really want to be in Smash Bros., so there is your first for sure wanted character.
Mii:

Well it makes sense I guess... My Mii would probably end up being some character I wanted to be playable in the game or Reggie if it got in, assuming you could pick your own Mii. Nothing I really want to play as, but I would if it's there.
Pac-Man:

Same with Pac-Man, but it seems like I kinda want him and kinda don't. Might mostly be because of the other third-party choices out there. Layton comes to mind.
Chrom:

I'd rather not have a third blue-haired sword user, thank you.
Roy:

Despite my discontent towards Chrom, I feel like having Roy back would be nice if he was changed up a little. Sort of like his Project M counterpart.
Mewtwo:

yesyesyesyesyesyesyes
Isaac:

Sure, sounds like a nice enough addition. Not big on Golden Sun, but I've been told to give it a try. So I can't really say I'd be disappointed.
Shulk:

Yes please! One of the newer ips that really stands out. I've been enjoying Xenoblade, and Shulk has got a lot to offer.
Saki:

I don't really know what to say here... Unexpected maybe? I mean I don't even really understand what makes Saki so popular anyways.
Starfy:

...Really???
Krystal:

I CAN'T HANDLE ALL OF THESE STAR FOX CHARACTERS. PLEASE STOP.
Tingle:

Wait what? That would be an interesting turn of events. Would've hoped more Tetra though.
Toad:

Toad is cool and all, but when it comes to the Mario universe I'm mostly undecided due to how bland most of the choices seem. Wouldn't be really hyped, but I do appreciate the thought. Next please!
Bowser Jr.:

Same with Toad, Junior would be a bit better though. Moving on...
Paper Mario:

Paper Mario is nice, but I don't think he fits in very well. I just don't see him as worthy as other people see him. If he got in, so be it. I'd be a lot more disappointed if he was basically Dr. Mario 2.0 or with mostly stickers.
Waluigi:

I don't care if he isn't in any of the main games waluigi pls
Geno:

I think Geno is actually kind of a cool character, but I'd really wonder why he even got in in the first place. He'd seem like a waste of a third-party character slot more than a great Mario character choice to me...
WADDLE DEE!:

I don't care about what anybody says when it comes to this, but Waddle Dee is literally one of the main franchise characters I actually really want in Smash. Even though I don't see his chances raising until Smash 5, I think Waddle Dee really would be a perfect fit and would probably be one of my more played characters.[/collapse]

So there's my thoughts and Athena gifs for the list Swamp put up. I'd add more characters but I have this thing called finals and i should probably be doing things for that instead of posting gifs and responses to what my reaction would be to fictional characters being added into a multiplayer nintendo party / fighting game.

goodbye friends i am gone

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332

Too late, Pit already has his moveset complete.
Saki still stands as the rail-shooter representative bringer. (Because Fox (and company) doesn't cut it)
I heard a theory that destined people inherit the triforce, but then again why only Links, Ganondorfs and Zeldas?

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
My reactions would be these:
Ridley : :cool:

King K.Rool : :grin:
Dixie Kong : :)
Little Mac : ;)
Palutena : :ohwell:
Mii : :ohwell:
Pac-Man : ;)
Chrom : :ohwell:
Roy : :ohwell:
Mewtwo : :)
Isaac : ;)
Shulk : :grin:
Saki : :)
Starfy : :(
Krystal : :(
Tingle : :(
Toad : :skull:
Bowser Jr. : ;)
Paper Mario : :)
Waluigi : :(
Geno : :rotfl:
Waddle Dee : :(
.n_n.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Just saying this to say it. But if you insult somebody over something so stupid as a video game over the internet, then you are either a coward or have an issue in which you feel the need to feel superior to others.

So would you kindly take your bull**** somewhere else and leave the discussion to those of us who can have a mature and constructive conversation? Please do.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Paper Mario: 3
Bowser Jr.: 7
Waluigi: 2
Toad: 2

Results of that little experiment on Miiverse.

Jr. had the overwhelming majority.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Just saying this to say it. But if you insult somebody over something so stupid as a video game over the internet, then you are either a coward or have an issue in which you feel the need to feel superior to others.

So would you kindly take your bull**** somewhere else and leave the discussion to those of us who can have a mature and constructive conversation? Please do.
I agree. I'm curious, though, as to who/what you were responding to, because I don't see anything that that could be meant towards.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero

You smell like poo.

Yes, I'm bored. When are there going to be funny arguments?
I liked the rounds of Saturn vs. Diddy.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Hm, I'm curious how they'd handle this movie if she's coming back. Right now, we know Xerneas and Yveltal definitely will appear and Diancle probably will as well considering past trends and all three would probably have first billing over her so how would they balance her with that? Especially if they try to push X as well.

Either way, this pretty much cements their continued presence.

Gune

Smash Lord
I guess this is more indication that Lucario and the Pokemon Trainer should stay and Mewtwo should come back.
Cocoon of destruction hmm? This will be interesting.
Again, anything going on now means jack squat.
True but game freak most likely had this planned out a while ago and probably told sakurai about it already, this may actually be the reason why gamefreak didn't permit sakurai to reveal anything big for pokemon.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
how do you make a spoiler tag, I have got a large post for the character reactions...
[ collapse ]

[ /collapse ]
Without the spaces, obviously.

Again, anything going on now means jack squat.
Eh, I'd count Zelda U as the last one, as it was supposed to be shown off at E3 and at one of the cons, so I'd give that as the only exception.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Not sure if Sakurai picked Roy partially because of recency.

I know he picked him because the fire made him stand out more than Leif, but if Leif had the Sword of Seals, would he have been picked instead, despite not being the most recent lord anymore?

Can't remember if Roy was partially picked (by IS?) in order to promote FE6 or not.
Roy was picked to promote the new upcoming FE game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom