• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I hate the way my computer won't let me post, I check, nothing appears, I won't be posting til tomorrow.
It's happening to the site overall, it's been happening to me too.

What's going on? Talking about Starfy? I guess he'd be ok. Nothing too bad about him at all.
Can't we just say it's the norm and hide in the nearest bomb shelter?

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
@ hotfeet444If this is happening with the site, I wonder if it's affecting Alphazealot they did switch to new servers, which I guess are glitchy. But what do I know about the servers.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I'm tired, and I don't have a lot to do at the moment, so I'm going to do this the right way.

Ridley- To be honest... Indifferent. Metroid could use another character, but I'm not THAT into Ridley.

King K.Rool- Indifferent as well. I don't get excited about having too many villains around, I rather see new IPs. But K.Rool likes boxing...

Dixie Kong- I expect her. Can't say I'm excited, but I guess she's my 2nd favorite Kong, after Donkey.

Little Mac- WANT!!! EXPECT!!! And long overdue. Just want this clean boxer, with no flashy moves, just raw physical power.

Palutena- Indifferent. I don't see why one revival makes K.I. worthy of having a 2nd character. Punch Out should have 3 then.

Mii- To be honest... I've had enough "Avatarness" with Villager.

Pac-Man- I'd be mildly excited about it, even if I don't use him a lot.

Chrom- Boring...A completely redundant addition.

Roy- Eh... Cool if he's back. But I'm good with P:M Roy.

Mewtwo- Would be great to have back, if he somehow turns into Mega Mewtwo.

Isaac- WANT! But I don't quite expect him..

Shulk- Don't know much about him. Will probably see him, or see him as an AT. But I rather see heroes with more experience first.

Saki- WANT!!! And expect. :) Sakurai likes him, there was a lot of demand for him. And the Rail-shooter genre is still unrepped.

Starfy- .... Not interested. But when I read he has water powers... I got mildly interested.

Krystal- There are far better choices, a 4th Star Fox character is pushing it... But for the heck of tradition, I'd give her a chance.

Tingle- I'm completely indifferent. But at least this doesn't mean I dislike him. I just don't know how to feel about Tingle. :p

Toad- Happy because if another Mario character was definitely getting in, then I believe TOAD was the rightful choice.

Bowser Jr.- I can see him happening and taking over OLD Bowser's moveset, but turned light-weight. But not interested in a 2nd Mario villain.

Paper Mario- No more alternate characters from me. Toon Link is enough.

Waluigi- I see a scenario where he can actually make it in for the "casuals' support". So I wouldn't rage if he was in.

D

Deleted member

*Looks at Swamp's post*
Nope, no Impa.

But I'll give my response anyway.

-If Impa is merely the 5th Zelda character: Meh.
-If Sakurai gets high and has Impa take Shiekah Zelda's role for the sake of "relevancy":

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
@ hotfeet444If this is happening with the site, I wonder if it's affecting Alphazealot they did switch to new servers, which I guess are glitchy. But what do I know about the servers.
Probably is, but I have no idea to be honest.

*Looks at Swamp's post*
Nope, no Impa.

But I'll give my response anyway.

-If Impa is merely the 5th Zelda character: Meh.
-If Sakurai gets high and has Impa take Shiekah Zelda's role for the sake of "relevancy":
You'll use the power of the unknown's illusions to summon a fireball to try and take out the most overrated pokemon of all time? That doesn't sound like an accomplishment aside from smartening up the people stupid enough to use a Charizard online. :p

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
I'll bite:
Ridley :love:
King K.Rool :love:
Dixie Kong :)
Little Mac :)
Palutena :urg:
Mii :ohwell:
Pac-Man :sick:
Chrom :ohwell:
Roy :sick:
Mewtwo :love:
Isaac :love:
Shulk :urg:
Saki :ohwell:
Starfy :)
Krystal :sick:
Tingle :ohwell:
Toad :)
Bowser Jr. :)
Paper Mario :love:
Waluigi :sick:
Geno :sick:
Bandanna Dee :love:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
You'll use the power of the unknown's illusions to summon a fireball to try and take out the most overrated pokemon of all time? That doesn't sound like an accomplishment aside from smartening up the people stupid enough to use a Charizard online. :p

D

Deleted member

@Hotfeet: That's clearly Sakurai in a Charizard costume. :troll:
I would have met him at a Pokémon cosplay party, which being an Entei would not cause suspicion.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Your Reaction:
Ridley - F*** YEAH, SUCK IT HATERS!
King K.Rool - Cool.
Dixie Kong - Cool, I guess.
Little Mac - Cool.
Palutena - Meh
Mii - *grumble, grumble*
Pac-Man - *grumble, grumble*
Chrom - *grumble, grumble*
Roy -

Mewtwo - See Roy.
Isaac - Neat.
Shulk - Neat.
Saki - F*** YEAH!
Starfy - Neat, I guess.
Krystal - meh.
Tingle - Don't care, but the butthurt will be delicious.
Toad - meh
Bowser Jr. - meh
Paper Mario - meh
Waluigi - Don't care, but the butthurt will be delicious.
Geno - *grumble, grumble* Good for you Geno fans, though....
WADDLE DEE! :

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Snipped and fixed. Wow (I am so mean, and I am seriously gonna get it)Embarrass
2edgy4me

In all seriousness, I joined before him. He's my junior. :cool:
But if anyone wants him they can have him.
I say this because you fail to acknowledge his abilities and many idiots fail to acknowledge that Starfy had an international release.
Noah, I appreciate the help.

But seriously.

Please stop helping. :urg:
And I'm fine with all of that. I realize that's your opinion that you aren't interested in Starfy and I respect that. Again, my goal here isn't to say that Starfy will be added this time around and will be worth loads of hype. I just wanted to defend the basis that Starfy does have a place in Smash Bros. and that his addition would be a lot more alike the Villager than Wii Fit Trainer or Mega Man in terms of shock versus hype.

As for why Starfy as a playable character himself would be notable, while we do have characters with spinning moves, nobody would have a moveset almost entirely consistent of spinning. Flat-belly spins, horizontal spins, vertical spins, cartwheel spins, drill spins, ball spins... Everything's better with spinning. That could certainly make his playstyle unique, being an extremely combo-worthy light-weight fighter with the maneuverability of Jigglypuff and the gradual damage of Sheik. I just find that to be more appealing than yet another dude with a sword in Smash Bros., personally speaking.

But yeah, not looking for propaganda here. Just saying Starfy is up there with Isaac, Andy, Chibi-Robo, Waddle Dee, and other underdog candidates. Characters that weren't really expected, but fit in with the cast perfectly nonetheless.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
@Hotfeet: That's clearly Sakurai in a Charizard costume. :troll:
I would have met him at a Pokémon cosplay party, which being an Entei would not cause suspicion.
Off topic, but I've recently noticed that the red and yellow parts of Entei's face resemble Staryu/Starmie's arms... A common ancestor?
Hard to unsee.

As for Starfy...
Eh, wouldn't mind. Lots of games in the series. Hopefully he would be able to glide like in the games and use other moves from his games than spinning.

An idiot am I?
Untitled-1.png

----

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
Ridley : YES
King K.Rool : Cool
Dixie Kong : Meh
Little Mac : Cool
Palutena : Cool
Mii : ****
Pac-Man : ****
Chrom : **** **** ****ITY **** ****
Roy : YES
Mewtwo : YES
Isaac : Cool
Shulk : Cool
Saki : Cool
Starfy : Cool
Krystal : ok
Tingle : ****
Toad : cool
Bowser Jr. : cool
Paper Mario : cool
Waluigi : ****
Geno : wtf is going on
Waddle Dee: meh.

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
Oh, cool, I want to try one of these:

Ridley: I love metroid and all but meh, I'm ok if he makes it but if he doesn't I wouldn't really care.
King K.Rool: I'm ok with him, more like what happens with Ridley.
Dixie Kong: No.
Little Mac: Boring character.
Palutena: Yes plsplsplspls<3
Mii: Ah hell no.
Pac-Man: Worst than miis
Chrom: Meh
Roy: **** yeah, my boy.
Mewtwo: One of the most badass pokémon returned, cool!
Isaac: :cool:
Shulk: Haven't played his game yet but he looks fun to play as.
Saki: Da **** are you?
Starfy: Dissapointed, he's/she's more as an AT than as a playable character.
Krystal: Get the **** out.
Tingle: No, not you :urg:
Toad: No more Mario characters
Bowser Jr.: No more Mario characters
Paper Mario: No more Mario characters
Waluigi: You're not even relevant to Mario itself, go out.
Geno: No.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
So...

Here's something interesting...

Your Reaction:
Smashboard's Reaction:

For...

Ridley- :)
King K.Rool-:)
Dixie Kong-:ohwell:
Little Mac-:colorful:
Palutena-:colorful:
Mii-:ohwell::ohwell::ohwell:
Pac-Man-:ohwell:
Chrom-:ohwell:
Roy-:colorful:
Mewtwo-:happysheep:
Isaac-:)
Shulk-:colorful:
Saki-:surprised:
Starfy-:dizzy:
Krystal-:sadsheep:
Tingle-:ohwell:
Toad-:502:
Bowser Jr.-;)
Paper Mario-:ohwell:
Waluigi-:??:
Geno- :b:
Waddle Dee-

And any other characters you wish...

Get to it!
My Responses are in Emoticons.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
No. You don't command me and rant on me for doing exactly what you or other people are doing. Also call me that again and I'll come up with a special name for you.
Are you gonna call him Robert?

:troll:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So...

Let's talk about Saki.

Thoughts on him?

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
No. You don't command me and rant on me for doing exactly what you or other people are doing. Also call me that again and I'll come up with a special name for you.
I said "please"! Sheesh, always with the saucy responses!

And I always call people by the first username I know them as, like calling Xenoblaze "Habanero" or "Hab". Same for calling you "Noah J. Linderer" or "Noah". If you really need to spite me with a nickname simply because I'm not making a special exception for you, go ahead I guess, budd.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
So...

Let's talk about Saki.

Thoughts on him?

If I had more time, I'd go more in-depth on him..
But Sin & Punishment is an extremely fun (and challenging) 1st party rail shooter. Developed with the help of Treasure Games who are responsible for a lot of masterpieces.

But Saki... His design is a bit controversial, but his moveset could be EASILY "PORTED" from his own game. Sakurai has an interest in him, and apparently people in Japan do so as well.

I really like him as a character, gives me an Android 17 vibe, plus he uses a Lightsaber fused with a plasma machine gun.
The coolness doesn't stop there for me. As a final smash, he turns into this gigantic organic-mecha with impressive powers.

As far as moveset goes, it would be ideal if holding B would spawn a crosshair on the screen where the player can point Saki's gun and shoot repeatedly wherever it's aimed at.
This would be a good way to reference the rail-shooter genre which Sin & Punishment is all about.

He's also a half-human half-ruffian (aka... mutant monster).

Sin & Punishment has 2 games in the series, both released world-wide. (Formerly S&P1 had released in Japan alone, but that's not the case anymore thanks to the VC).

And that's all for now.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
I said "please"! Sheesh, always with the saucy responses!

And I always call people by the first username I know them as, like calling Xenoblaze "Habanero" or "Hab". Same for calling you "Noah J. Linderer" or "Noah". If you really need to spite me with a nickname simply because I'm not making a special exception for you, go ahead I guess, budd.
I'll call you Cousin Robert's God :troll:

D

Deleted member

You do realize Misty's a dude, right?

Confirmed in episode 2.

EDIT: So I guess that makes the Saki comparison very apt....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom