• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
It is pertinent to keep in mind that, just because a character with resemblances to another has the potential to use some weapon or attack, doesn't mean they will.

:wolf: :toonlink: :lucas: :ganondorf: :luigi2: :falcomelee: all say hello.

Personally, independent of likelihood, "I don't know what Sakurai will do with this generic character to make him unique, but he'll definitely make him unique" isn't a particularly effective way to sell a character as a worthy inclusion, especially when 'unique' is often synonymous with 'these two veterans from the same series, combined.'

'It's a pleasure to join the ranks of Super Smash Bros. mr. Sakurai. I won't dissapoint you.'

:awesome:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Micaiah comes from Ike's game and Eirikah comes from Lyn's.
Eirika is from FE: Sacred Stones and Lyn is from FE: Blazing Sword (just FE outside of Japan). Blazing Sword and Sacred Stones have no connection, storyline-wise.

Ike is from FE: Path of Radiance and also appears in the sequel, FE: Radiant Dawn, and Micaiah is from FE: Radiant Dawn.

Zage

Smash Journeyman
My only issue with your argument Diddy, is that basically every character brought up on the boards has moveset potential. So when people tell me that, it doesn't make me think of them any differently.

I don't think anyone can deny that what Starfy lacks is appeal. I mean really, think about it. Most gamers will NOT be in the mindset, "SWEET. A STARFISH WITH WATER POWERS" and go buy the game. Ridley, K.Rool, Mewtwo...those are the characters that will draw the hype.
I actually had similar sentiments regarding Starfy ever since he was revealed s a Brawl AT up until I actually played his game. At first sight, yeah he does seem pretty boring, but you can say that for everyone I guess if you haven't played their respective game.

Starfy had the ability to change costumes in his game that allowed him a large arsenal of attack.Like creating large blades of ice and utilizing flames for a multitude of attacks.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
FINALLY.

A Nintendo Direct tomorrow. T-T
6am PT}

It's going to be Wii U and 3DS based, so it's only NATURAL to expect an SSB announcement... About bloody time.

Source: NoA's Twitter account.

EDIT:
We will share information focusing on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS software launching through spring 2014.
*Recalls Sakurai saying SSB4 is not a Spring title*
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUU****************!!!!

Nintendo uses SSB indifference:
But shinhed-echi's Hype can't go any lower!

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
FINALLY.

A Nintendo Direct tomorrow. T-T
6am PT}

It's going to be Wii U and 3DS based, so it's only NATURAL to expect an SSB announcement... About bloody time.

Source: NoA's Twitter account.

Nintendo uses SSB indifference:
But shinhed-echi's Hype can't go any lower!

Its as the prophets spoke! Soon the scripture will be fulfilled and we will have our moment!

No Reveals :troll:

In all seriousness, I hope they talk about some game features, that would excite me just as much as a character reveal at this point

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
It's about ****ing time we get a Nintendo Direct. My god.

We better get something substantial. Otherwise the internet will rage.
Actually Lucina has more going for her then Chrom, and no it's not because of vagina.
Care to explain what that may be? I'm not being a sarcastic prick either, I'm seriously wondering. All I see is an actual female version of Marth who uses the same sword as both Marth and Chrom. Basically having the same skills as Chrom unless i'm not remembering correctly as far as weapon usage.

This doesn't apply to you Xenoblaze as I know what you look for in a character, but I just love when people shoot Chrom down because he's too similar to Marth and Ike, yet fully support Lucina. Hypocrites I tell you.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Well I mean really. Saying Chrom isn't different enough but saying Lucina is fine is a crock. She looks EXACTLY like Marth, unless you take into account Marth's costume change for SSB4. But regardless, they still look incredibly similar.

Chrom looks like Marth and Ike? Well...maybe his hair? Other than that he looks nothing like Marth, and shares one arm with Ike. That's it.

Additionally, Roy has just as much chance as Chrom to be semi-clonish. Denying that as a possibility is just as bad as a Chrom supporter such as myself denying the possibility that that can be Chrom's fate as well.

(DISCLAIMER: As I continue to type, understand that I know why Sakurai picked Roy and Ike, so STFU for a second.)

Assuming Sakurai goes to Intelligent Systems again like he has for the last two Smash titles, who do you think they're going to suggest to him? Remember, when he asked them before, they showed him Roy, then Ike, who were both at their respective times the newest lord in the Fire Emblem series. (not saying that's why SAKURAI picked them, but that it's probably why Intelligent Systems suggests them)

Chrom (and Lucina) are a big thing for Intelligent Systems right now, getting spots in Monster Hunter (huge in Japan) as alternate costumes. But why not some other lord? Oh wait. Awakening is the newest title. This is marketing at its finest.

I have no issues with Roy getting in. I would be fine with either Roy or Chrom, because gameplay wise they essentially offer the same, they're the most likely, and overall I like them both. But I truly feel that Chrom is going to get in whether some of us like it or not.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Marth and Ike are the coolest Smash Lords. Roy is also ok, but not on the level of the previous two. I'd be content with just Marth and Ike. And if Ike isn't in for some reason, I'd be pretty upset. Almost Mewtwo-like upset.

Also, both Roy and Chrom can become semi-clones indeed. Or even full clones. I still prefer Roy slightly. Then again, am one of those guys who hasn't played Awakening.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So if there's a character reveal tommorrow, it'll be someone from Donkey Kong, Zelda, Kirby or on the off chance, the Ice Climbers.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
@Diddy

I completely agree. I never played Path of Radiance but I'm super excited because I found a copy on ebay that my mom will be getting me for Christmas (lol). So now I'll be able to experience Ike in his glory.

I wouldn't want Ike to be cut either. Especially for Roy or Chrom. If anything, I wouldn't expect Roy back if Ike is cut.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
@Diddy

I completely agree. I never played Path of Radiance but I'm super excited because I found a copy on ebay that my mom will be getting me for Christmas (lol). So now I'll be able to experience Ike in his glory.

I wouldn't want Ike to be cut either. Especially for Roy or Chrom. If anything, I wouldn't expect Roy back if Ike is cut.
FE9 is best Fire Emblem. You'll notice soon enough. Don't skip any base converstations btw!

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
If that rumor is true, then expect to see an epidemic of ruptured colons.

D

Deleted member

Oh, an older rumor that's bogus is going to be proven undeniably bogus tomorrow? I'm liking tomorrow already.

Knowwuh

Smash Cadet

Seeing as how tomorrow’s Nintendo Direct will focus on Spring releases, I doubt we’ll get much as far as Smash 4 details; however, it is possible we could get a character confirmation. Every main bimonthly Nintendo Direct since E3 has had a veteran reveal. Luigi was revealed during the August 7th Direct, and we got Sonic during the October 1st Direct. (Albeit two occurrences isn’t much of a pattern…)

Maybe the December Direct will reveal a Kong alongside some Tropical Freeze footage. Or perhaps Yoshi will finally be confirmed during some news about Yoshi’s New Island/Yarn Yoshi.

…and I supposed the dreaded Mii could be revealed during a Wii Sports Club announcement…but I doubt it...

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
If it's just ZELDA as a character, I'm gonna be ripping out some organs...
Give me a Zelda+SHEIK reveal at least, and I'll settle for just ripping out some skin.

Then again... at least that would beat a Mii reveal that deconfirms Little Mac. >:(

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Wait, Mii disconfirms Little Mac all of a sudden? Weren't they part of this "Leaked newcomers" rumor thing (No I'm not calling it Leaky three because that's a stupid name)
There's a different rumor that says that Miis will be revealed in the next Direct along with Little Mac, Shulk and Roselina being ATs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom