• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I usually expect nothing, but this time I expect... something?

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
image.jpg

What if I told you,
I am actually not an idiot or a troller, and I was deceiving everyone on this website as a social experiment on the human mind, and to see how it reacts to someone who is not a threat at all, going against their beliefs in a source of entertainment

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
What if I told you,
I am actually not an idiot or a troller, and I was deceiving everyone on this website as a social experiment on the human mind, and to see how it reacts to someone who is not a threat at all, going against their beliefs in a source of entertainment
Nothing will change,really.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
View attachment 5139

What if I told you,
I'd say two things.

1. There are better places to do that.
2. You kind of made yourself a threat to Saturn, as you insulted him.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
View attachment 5139

What if I told you,
I'd ask why you're not getting on with Project Bidoof instead.

Also I actually feel like Diddy made some good points in his post. Maybe the propaganda is annoying to most, but he's got a point that Sheik and Zelda need some sort of retooling. Also Impa isn't actually the worst character choice in the world.

Although that said I have one concern on Impa that I'd like to bring up to Diddy: Like Link and Zelda there are many versions of Impa, and let's say for the sake of argument she's brought into SSB4 as SS Impa here.
What if by the next Smash game there's been four new Zelda games but none include a young ninja-esque Impa and instead are all either old crone Impa or large handmaid Impa? Obviously neither of these could fight the same as the Sheikah warrior Impa so wouldn't they need to make up a new design for her in that scenario similar to Sheik or would they instead have to alter Impa's moveset for one of these different Impa?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'd ask why you're not getting on with Project Bidoof instead.

Also I actually feel like Diddy made some good points in his post. Maybe the propaganda is annoying to most, but he's got a point that Sheik and Zelda need some sort of retooling. Also Impa isn't actually the worst character choice in the world.

Although that said I have one concern on Impa that I'd like to bring up to Diddy: Like Link and Zelda there are many versions of Impa, and let's say for the sake of argument she's brought into SSB4 as SS Impa here.
What if by the next Smash game there's been four new Zelda games but none include a young ninja-esque Impa and instead are all either old crone Impa or large handmaid Impa? Obviously neither of these could fight the same as the Sheikah warrior Impa so wouldn't they need to make up a new design for her in that scenario similar to Sheik or would they instead have to alter Impa's moveset for one of these different Impa?
I'd think that with SS Impa's inclusion in Smash, they'd be more prompt to promote young, warrior-like Impa in the main Zelda games.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I have no clue what's going on, so I guess I'll just leave.

I'll be on Twitter, spamming Justin Bieber's account with requests to do music for Limbs.

QUICK SINGYORMAQIAN! AWAAAAYYYY!!!!

image.jpg

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
No body cares what happen in skyward sword, we dont even have SS link in smash 4, why would impa be over sheik? why over one of the only fan favorite of smash and the main reason of why people use zelda? it doesnt have any sense at all.

I see the logic, but damn, is so stupid and unnecessary...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
No body cares what happen in skyward sword, we dont even have SS link in smash 4, why would impa be over sheik? why over one of the only fan favorite of smash and the main reason of why people use zelda? it doesnt have any sense at all.

I see the logic, but damn, is so stupid and unnecessary...
Because she is the main reason people use Zelda, and Zelda is by far more important than Sheik? And Sheik is only a 'fan favorite' cause of her being so good in Melee. Who do you hear talk about how awesome Sheik is in Brawl? None. Her popularity waned, which was her only reason to stay anyway.

Link might not be 100% SS inspired, but he's not strictly TP Link either. He's more of a mixed Link, he's by far the least specific Link in all Smash games yet, and an updated SS Impa wouldn't look weird next to him at all.

Skyward Sword was the biggest, most hyped Zelda game during the time when characters might've been considered to be added. Why wouldn't they take a look at this game? In fact, they did: Skyloft is a stage, Link is in his SS color pallete, and has blue lines after his sword slashes as in SS.

Keeping Sheik around just 'because' is in my opinion far more stupid and unnecessary.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Wario on his bike should be shown if Mariokart is also revealed during the Nintendo Direct. I predict Wario as the next returning veteran.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The dude Shin has on ignore said..." post: 16100716 said:
SHINPICHU IS THE SMASHBOARDS EQUIVALENT TO TINGLE!!!
Hey Shin! Look at this!

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
- Because she is the main reason people use Zelda, and Zelda is by far more important than Sheik? And Sheik is only a 'fan favorite' cause of her being so good in Melee. Who do you hear talk about how awesome Sheik is in Brawl? None. Her popularity waned, which was her only reason to stay anyway.

- Link might not be 100% SS inspired, but he's not strictly TP Link either. He's more of a mixed Link, he's by far the least specific Link in all Smash games yet, and an updated SS Impa wouldn't look weird next to him at all.
Skyward Sword was the biggest, most hyped Zelda game during the time when characters might've been considered to be added. Why wouldn't they take a look at this game? In fact, they did: Skyloft is a stage, Link is in his SS color pallete, and has blue lines after his sword slashes as in SS.

- Keeping Sheik around just 'because' is in my opinion far more stupid and unnecessary.

- People love the character and is not only because of melee, ocarina of time memories are also stocked in people heads, also the fact that she is a "badass women", for them, she is freaking awesome.

- Nobody is talking about girahim anymore, so? is zelda last installment, of course it will have some representation. I dont see how this change anything though.

- Veterans FTW never mess with the classics :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom