• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace
Waddle's only obstacle towards inclusion (other than competition between other newcomers) is whether or not Sakurai would be willing enough to implement a fourth Kirby character.

Personally, I really wouldn't mind Waddle Dee, and in fact I would be highly content. Basically, it would 1) add in a character weaponry archetype we haven't really witnessed yet (a long-ranging spear-user), and 2) complete the Kirby series as a whole.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Let's also not forget that we already have plenty of RPG genre characters in Smash Brothers while there seems to be a lacking of Puzzle genre characters in Brawl. ;]
Dr. Mario wasn't enough?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
From a series balance perspective, Waddle Dee is a bad idea, since all important Kirby characters are already in Smash.
From a gameplay perspective, Waddle Dee could offer something unique with the spear.

My personal opinion is: I don't care if he gets in or not.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Bandana Dee has some (rather surprisingly) decent popularity, around here at least, (and IIRC, he is also popular in Japan) so that helps. Though it all really depends on whether Sakurai feels if the Bandana Dee could complete the Kirby series as of now, and whether he is willing to ignore his modesty to give a total of four characters to the Kirby franchise in Smash.

Personally I'd love for him to be in Smash, but since I'm well aware his chance is rather low, I will not mind if he is not in.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
From a series balance perspective, Waddle Dee is a bad idea, since all important Kirby characters are already in Smash.
I'd disagree in this case, mainly because Bandanna provides something interesting to talk about, which in this case is some fancy spear combat.

Gameplay is a very prime subject, and every opportunity I'll buy into it.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I don't exactly give too much of a **** about Bandana Dee; don't support him nor oppose him.

I have noticed though that he's been being pushed as a new mainstay character in the Kirby series ever since Super Star Ultra.
As far as a fourth Kirby character goes, he's pretty likely to get that spot.

I suppose his competition consists of Gooey, Adeleine, Dark Matter, and Galactica Knight? Those four aren't as recurring as Bandana Dee or the Waddle Dees as a whole.

Not expecting a fourth Kirby character in SSB4, though.

-----

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I don't exactly give too much of a **** about Bandana Dee; don't support him nor oppose him.

I have noticed though that he's been being pushed as a new mainstay character in the Kirby series ever since Super Star Ultra.
As far as a fourth Kirby character goes, he's pretty likely to get that spot.

I suppose his competition is Gooey, Adeleine, Dark Matter, and Galactica Knight? Those four aren't as recurring as Bandana Dee or the Waddle Dees as a whole.

Not expecting a fourth Kirby character in SSB4, though.

-----
actually I think his main competition is either Gooey or Knuckle Joe. you never mentioned Joe.

although I'm pretty sure they don't stand a chance in regards to kirby.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I'd disagree in this case, mainly because Bandanna provides something interesting to talk about, which in this case is some fancy spear combat.

Gameplay is a very prime subject, and every opportunity I'll buy into it.
Then let's talk about how unique Shulk's Monado can be in a game like Smash Bros as a level activation character, like Frank West in Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3.

as for Bandana Dee overall...Eeeeeeeehhh...meh.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
While I can sort of see why Bandana Dee is a popular choice, I still really want Gooey as a fourth Kirby character (even if this thread seems to have convinced me that's impossible).

The only support I can find for him is his popularity in these pre Melee polls:
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n01/n64/software/nus_p_nalj/smash/PostResult2.html
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n01/n64/software/nus_p_nalj/smash/PostResult3.html
In these polls Gooey was the second most requested Kirby character, beating Meta Knight but behind Dedede. The only problem is these polls are old and Gooey's popularity has probably dropped due to a lack of recent appearences outside of rereleases.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I don't think a 4th Kirby character is that unlikely however. It's more likely than a 4th StarFox character. But not as much as a 4th DKC character.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
While I can sort of see why Bandana Dee is a popular choice, I still really want Gooey as a fourth Kirby character (even if this thread seems to have convinced me that's impossible).

The only support I can find for him is his popularity in these pre Melee polls:
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n01/n64/software/nus_p_nalj/smash/PostResult2.html
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n01/n64/software/nus_p_nalj/smash/PostResult3.html
In these polls Gooey was the second most requested Kirby character, beating Meta Knight but behind Dedede. The only problem is these polls are old and Gooey's popularity has probably dropped due to a lack of recent appearences outside of rereleases.
Check it out, Prince Richard is third. :cool:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
(Inb4 he doesn't like fighting game characters)
Lip is ahead, Prince Richard is behind. I'm pretty hopeful that this will be the series he will revive.
From what it sounds like down the bottom, the one vote that puts Peach ahead of Wario is Sakurai's vote.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Also why is there Winnie the Pooh in the Mother category. O-o
You're using Google Translate, aren't you?

Fortunately, I know enough Japanese to know that プー is read as "Pū", which, considering the context of the Mother/EarthBound series, means no one else but this guy:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
He voted on that poll too. O-o
That's weird.
The translated quote.
By the way, Wario and Peach, to the end from the beginning aggregation
was each other violently took a seat at the 2-position.
(1 vote difference in the end!)

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529

Designing Shulk as a character is a difficult task, and this was my latest take, basically leveling up through KOs. However, since KOs may be hard to come by, I've changed it to this setting.

Start: Monado de-activated, unable to use special moves
20% damage done to opponents: Upgrade to Level 1, Monado activate, gains level 1 attacks
150% damage done to opponents: Upgrade to Level 2, initiates Level 2 attacks
300% damage done to opponents: Upgrade to Level 3, initiates Level 3 attacks, max power level

Being KOd resets the counter to Start/Level 0. With levels, Shulk's attacks increase in power, but overall range is decreased, meaning that at max level, Shulk needs to play close to be effective, meaning that he's at risk since he will most likely be at high damage, so maybe staying at level 2 is a safer bet for the player, but again, high risk high return. Also, level-ups are automatic, so going in guns blazing will get you higher leveled quicker, but put you at risk later in the match. However, in a one-on-one, this problem is almost non-existant, meaning that Shulk excells at one-on-one fights as opposed to four player brawls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom