• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
- People love the character and is not only because of melee, ocarina of time memories are also stocked in people heads, also the fact that she is a "badass women", for them, she is freaking awesome.

- Nobody is talking about girahim anymore, so? is zelda last installment, of course it will have som representation. I dont see how this change anything though.

- Veterans FTW never mess with the classics :cool:

1) Impa was also in Ocarina of TIme
2) Impa isn't a 'badass woman' then? If anything, her protecting Zelda makes her automatically more badass.
3) Said nothing about Ghirahim. Everybody mostly agrees Impa is more likely than him anyway.
4) Never mess with the classics? So Dr.Mario should make it to over the likes of Paper Mario or Bowser Jr.?

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
2) Impa isn't a 'badass woman' then? If anything, her protecting Zelda makes her automatically more badass.
3) Said nothing about Ghirahim. Everybody mostly agrees Impa is more likely than him anyway.
4) Never mess with the classics? So Dr.Mario should make it to over the likes of Paper Mario or Bowser Jr.?

1. Impa didnt touch young people hearts.
2. She is not a princess, is different.
3. I also do, im talking about this whole "impa over sheik" thing, after zelda wii u no body will remember it, or is wolf link having strong support these days?
4. I was thinking in the FLUDD actually.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yes.
Dr. Mario is more of an all-star than those two anyways.
Umm wat?
1. Impa didnt touch young people hearts.
2. She is not a princess, is different.
3. I also do, im talking about this whole "impa over sheik" thing, after zelda wii u no body will remember it, or is wolf link having strong support these days?
4. I was thinking in the FLUDD actually.
1.Who said she didn't? Skyward Sword was played by young people to. Unless you only care about your generation of young people, which is typical.
2.No it's not different. Samus also ain't a princess. Impa actually is a Goddess PERSONAL CHOSEN WARRIOR. Don't know what one could do to be more badass than that.
3.Impa will continue to appear in games.
4.F.L.U.D.D. sucks, and Mario Galaxy is far more classic anyway than Mario Sunshine.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Hey you lovely people, I heard some rumblings that there's a Nintendo direct tomorrow? Is that true? I'd like someone to tell me first, before I go check myself.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
The Dr. Mario series has been around longer than the Paper Mario series and the character Bowser Jr. :p
Let's not forget that the Dr. Mario series is the best selling Nintendo Puzzle franchise (Not sure if you can count Brain Age as a puzzle franchise).
Which makes him an ideal last-minute semi-clone.
I'd prefer an original moveset but if he was changed more like Falco was in Brawl, I'd be really happy.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I wasn't arguing or anything, just saying that I actually think that should happen.

Dr. Mario for fifth Mario character or bust.
Paper planes > Pills.

Let's also not forget that the Mario RPG series are the best selling Nintendo RPG games outside of Pokémon ;)

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Well I checked my self since nobody answered :sonic: , there IS gonna be a direct tomorrow and its gonna focus on spring 2014 titles..... looks like something smash will be in this one. I'm starting to get hyped for tomorrow!

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
1.Who said she didn't? Skyward Sword was played by young people to. Unless you only care about your generation of young people, which is typical.
2.No it's not different. Samus also ain't a princess. Impa actually is a Goddess PERSONAL CHOSEN WARRIOR. Don't know what one could do to be more badass than that.
3.Impa will continue to appear in games.
4.F.L.U.D.D. sucks, and Mario Galaxy is far more classic anyway than Mario Sunshine.
1. Sheik is also touching peoples hearts in 3DS, and just saying, SS wasnt a big succes or anything, as i said, people will forget it.
My first zelda was WW btw, i was playing SNES over N64 those days. Stay on topic pls, no need to judge anybody.
2. Impa = Toad, is just a guardian, something considered "badass" is someone who do the right/cool thing because they want, not because is their destiny or something.
3. Again, im talking about Impa over Sheik.
4. You are agree with me then.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
But they're brightly colored!

And they cure all your ills! :awesome:
**** being ill, laughing is good for your health. And throwing paper planes is fun. Fun = laughs. Paper Mario is therefore better for your health than Dr.Mario, who makes me want to overdose on anti-depressants.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Let's not forget that the Dr. Mario series is the best selling Nintendo Puzzle franchise (Not sure if you can count Brain Age as a puzzle franchise).
Dr. Mario indeed is one of the best selling puzzle franchises indeed, ranked as one of the top puzzle games by many critics.

@On Brain Age It does say in Wikipedia that it's a puzzle genre for some reason. Though I think it's more of a edutainment genre.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
In all seriousness I wouldn't really mind Doc returning, but I'd much prefer Paper Mario, Waluigi or Bowser Jr. for a Mario newcomer. (Bowser Jr. is my personal favorite of all possible Mario newcomerS)

Would've liked Toad as well, didn't list him with the above since his chances have plummeted so drastically. (but let's not get into THAT discussion....)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
1. Sheik is also touching peoples hearts in 3DS, and just saying, SS wasnt a big succes or anything, as i said, people will forget it.
My first zelda was WW btw, i was playing SNES over N64 those days. Stay on topic pls, no need to judge anybody.
2. Impa = Toad, is just a guardian, something considered "badass" is someone who do the right/cool thing because they want, not because is their destiny or something.
4. You are agree with me then.
1. How is she touching hearts if her role is so bad? It might've been good by 1998's standards, but not nowadays. And who cares about succes? Sakurai chose to model Samus after her Other M look. How many people have killed themselves over this yet?
2. Except Zelda is far more reliant on Impa than Peach is on Toad. This doesn't mean it's a crime against humanity that Toad yet hasn't become playable either this time, mind you. And by those reasonings, Link is automatically also not cool anymore. Better cut him! Marth, Ike, all other 'warriors of destiny'? Time to leave!
3. Sheik won't appear in the upcoming Zelda games, that's a given. Impa however is extremely likely to appear.
4. Not fully obviously. :)

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
The drought has been so long, so i'm kinda hoping that there is Something tomorrow.

We'll see though...
Well since it's about Spring 2014 titles, and Sakurai just specifically said Smash 4 WILL NOT come out in the Spring, I'm not sure.

Though it could just be Sakurai playing mind games and there will be a reveal tomorrow.

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
1. How is she touching hearts if her role is so bad? It might've been good by 1998's standards, but not nowadays. And who cares about succes? Sakurai chose to model Samus after her Other M look. How many people have killed themselves over this yet?
2. Except Zelda is far more reliant on Impa than Peach is on Toad. This doesn't mean it's a crime against humanity that Toad yet hasn't become playable either this time, mind you. And by those reasonings, Link is automatically also not cool anymore. Better cut him! Marth, Ike, all other 'warriors of destiny'? Time to leave!
3. Sheik won't appear in the upcoming Zelda games, that's a given. Impa however is extremely likely to appear.
4. Not fully obviously. :)
1. I dont know, sheik didnt touch me at all. SS succes means that no many people was aware of impa, thats what im saying, other M and design looks have nothing to do here.
2. Of course, im talking about roles. I use the word "badass" not "cool", and link is actually very badass in skywards manga ;D

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Well since it's about Spring 2014 titles, and Sakurai just specifically said Smash 4 WILL NOT come out in the Spring, I'm not sure.

Though it could just be Sakurai playing mind games and there will be a reveal tomorrow.
A Nintendo Direct focusing on something doesn't necessarily mean that's all we are going to get. We have gotten Wii U information in 3DS directs and vice versa.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Good evening all, hope you're all doing well as my nasal cavities feel as if they're on fire.

Also, I just heard about a Nintendo Direct tomorrow (Yeah, I know I'm slow, but I'm also sick) and I can say it will probably be our long awaited pokemon character, or maybe even Snake's reveal as a big third party reveal in the form of another small trailer.

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace
Impa replacing Sheik, just for the sake of promoting a recently introduced, critically acclaimed game, is absurd. It's basically the "Lucina replacing Marth" argumentation in its most fallacious form - the persuasion of recency and relevance. What would a relatively unknown newcomer replacing the role of a popular, well-known veteran accomplish, anyway? Besides, if Twilight Princess didn't get rid of Sheik, then Skyward Sword certainly won't, either.

Whether you are willing to admit it or not, Sheik's popularity will always be enduring to the Super Smash Brothers fan-base, especially for the Melee-era players who witnessed the character in her prime. You seem to be the only one who believes otherwise.

I could have sworn I posted this 10 minutes ago... Smashboards!

1) Yet in a far less important role to the overall plot-structure of the story-line. Yes, Impa is a Sage whose importance lies within the Shadow Temple, yet it is Sheik who is the director to these particular temple locations (as well as the more iconic of characters in Zelda history).
2) There really isn't anything I have to say here.
3) And by that, you mean from extremely unlikely to somewhat-less extremely unlikely.
4) This is a non-sequitur, because you are comparing a character who was cut to a character who wasn't - at any rate, Dr. Mario certainly wouldn't even be considered anything more than an alternate costume at this point. Even then, cuts for characters especially as popular as Sheik will never result in anything more than harsh criticism and negative reception. I guarantee you if Sheik were to be cut from Super Smash Brothers 4, she would become the next Mewtwo/Roy for Super Smash Brothers 5.

1. Why is it you ignore the existence Ocarina of Time 3D as favoring Sheik, and yet give full attention to Skyward Sword favoring Impa? Sakurai could just as easily represent Skyward Sword as he did with Twilight Princess - stages, trophies, stickers, and aesthetic changes to Zelda character appearances.
2. Ironic you mentioned Marth, considering you are advocating the removal of a popular character in place of far less popular ones (going back to my Marth/Lucina comparison).
3. Except her roles have never been expansive enough to have Sakurai even consider such a character. I don't see that changing.

Again, you are arguing on the basis of recency and relevance (as well as your perceptive biases). In fact, considering Ocarina of Time 3D's release, if we were to go by your logic, Sheik would have even more of a reason to stay on the roster (recency and relevance) then she did back in Brawl.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
1. I dont know, sheik didnt touch me at all. SS succes means that no many people was aware of impa, thats what im saying, other M and design looks have nothing to do here.
2. Of course, im talking about roles. I use the word "badass" not "cool", and link is actually very badass in skywards manga ;D
1. Sheik didn't touch me either ;) Jokes aside, if you meant Impa, play Skyward Sword till the ending. If you don't at least feel bad for Impa, you lack some empathy.
2. Skyward Sword manga? Can I get a link to this? :eek:
3. Am not following you at all with this.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
..So, there's another "leak/rumor" that's been seen, that just misplaced my eye and we just started talking about.
http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/1qs3py/a_little_birdie_told_me/

Oh, the ND is for Spring. So news is not likely, don't hype it up like VGX.

I just read this one. This to me has been the worst rumor I think I have ever seen. I read this before and it sounded more reasonable, but now the additional junk makes it sound like bogus.

-Bursts are things that should stay in Blazblue and Guilty Gear, I don't want my characters playing like my BB mains UNLESS they are my BB mains.

-I doubt Little Mac would be an assist trophy at this point. He's became an incredibly likely character. There's even a boxing arena stage too.

-I can see Rosalina beng an assist, possibly... not really so keen on Shulk being one. I think it's all or nothing.

-So one rumor DEBUNKS another rumor? Okay, just no. I believe that rumors are false until they are deconfirmed or have an actual credible source. Having one rumor smack down another rumor is a big sign that this is not very legit. And LPM wasn't superbly credible in the first place.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Care to explain what that may be? I'm not being a sarcastic prick either, I'm seriously wondering. All I see is an actual female version of Marth who uses the same sword as both Marth and Chrom. Basically having the same skills as Chrom unless i'm not remembering correctly as far as weapon usage.
It's mainly from more of the character then gameplay. I think Lucina is generally the more developed and interesting character, and she's more of an effective unit mainly because she doesn't suffer from Crutch Character Syndrome like Chrom does. This kind of translates into the Fire Emblem fanbase where Lucina is either on par or more popular then Chrom.
This doesn't apply to you Xenoblaze as I know what you look for in a character, but I just love when people shoot Chrom down because he's too similar to Marth and Ike, yet fully support Lucina. Hypocrites I tell you.
I don't care too dearly about Lucina for the same reasons as Chrom, little to provide in terms of diversity. But I would pick still Lucina over Chrom, mainly because she's the character people seem to like better. If there is one thing I always appreciate, is genuine support.

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
1. Sheik didn't touch me either ;) Jokes aside, if you meant Impa, play Skyward Sword till the ending. If you don't at least feel bad for Impa, you lack some empathy.
2. Skyward Sword manga? Can I get a link to this? :eek:
3. Am not following you at all with this.
1. Im not saying the contrary xD sheik touch more people and in a crucial moment for the franchise, thats all.
2. Im sure you can ;) https://www.google.com/search?q=google skyward sword manga
3. I never said impa wasnt important, im just saying that she over sheik is dumb and unnecesary. You want her to be just a B move like toad, and unlike toad, thats not cool, because toad is not replacing an alter ego of the character.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Paper planes > Pills.

Let's also not forget that the Mario RPG series are the best selling Nintendo RPG games outside of Pokémon ;)
Let's also not forget that we already have plenty of RPG genre characters in Smash Brothers while there seems to be a lacking of Puzzle genre characters in Brawl. ;]

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
..So, there's another "leak/rumor" that's been seen, that just misplaced my eye and we just started talking about.
http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/1qs3py/a_little_birdie_told_me/

Oh, the ND is for Spring. So news is not likely, don't hype it up like VGX.

I just read this one. This to me has been the worst rumor I think I have ever seen. I read this before and it sounded more reasonable, but now the additional junk makes it sound like bogus.

-Bursts are things that should stay in Blazblue and Guilty Gear, I don't want my characters playing like my BB mains UNLESS they are my BB mains.

-I doubt Little Mac would be an assist trophy at this point. He's became an incredibly likely character. There's even a boxing arena stage too.

-I can see Rosalina beng an assist, possibly... not really so keen on Shulk being one. I think it's all or nothing.

-So one rumor DEBUNKS another rumor? Okay, just no. I believe that rumors are false until they are deconfirmed or have an actual credible source. Having one rumor smack down another rumor is a big sign that this is not very legit. And LPM wasn't superbly credible in the first place.
WELL GEE IF RIDLEY TOLD HIM THAT THEN THEY MUST BE TRUE.

I remember people talking about Rosalina being an assist in Brawl but I think they confused her with Gardevoir.

People still arguing about Impa?

Talk about beating a dead horse, indeed...
You're right, people should argue about Chrom and Roy again.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Impa replacing Sheik, just for the sake of promoting a recently introduced, critically acclaimed game, is absurd. It's basically the "Lucina replacing Marth" argumentation in its most fallacious form - the persuasion of recency and relevance. What would a relatively unknown newcomer replacing the role of a popular, well-known veteran accomplish, anyway? Besides, if Twilight Princess didn't get rid of Sheik, then Skyward Sword certainly won't, either.

Major difference: Sheik was planned for Twilight Princess and Impa wasn't around to effectively replace her.

How the hell can you compare this to Lucina if in all actuality, Impa appeared as much as Marth did in Fire Emblem while Sheik appeared as much as Lucina? You cut yourself with that one. Impa is not only more recent, and more important, she's been around since the beginning of the series.

Skyward Sword might not've been an awesome succes, doesn't mean it flopped either. Don't go around saying Twilight Princess is superiour either, while it had just as many complaints and probably only sold better cause it was overhyped with trailers from content not even in the game, realistic graphics and looking like Ocarina of Time just after Wind Waker. It was an oppertunistic move of Nintendo to make mad cash. While Skyward Sword is Miyamoto's prefered work and mark of a new 'era' for Zelda as said by Miyamoto himself. It's the first game in the 'timeline' to, so definitely far more important than Twilight Princess.

Twilight Princess also offered not too many potential characters who where not one-offs. So why should they get a newcomer from Twilight Princess if Sheik was to appear in it anyway? She might appear in the next major release of Zelda right? Oops, guess not, that was Impa instead.

1) Yet in a far less important role to the overall plot-structure of the story-line. Yes, Impa is a Sage whose importance lies within the Shadow Temple, yet it is Sheik who is the director to these particular temple locations (as well as the more iconic of characters in Zelda history).
2) There really isn't anything I have to say here.
3) And by that, you mean from extremely unlikely to somewhat-less extremely unlikely.
4) This is a non-sequitur, because you are comparing a character who was cut to a character who wasn't - at any rate, Dr. Mario certainly wouldn't even be considered anything more than an alternate costume at this point. Even then, cuts for characters especially as popular as Sheik will never result in anything more than harsh criticism and negative reception. I guarantee you if Sheik were to be cut from Super Smash Brothers 4, she would become the next Mewtwo/Roy for Super Smash Brothers 5.

1. Whatever, Ocarina of Time isn't the game Impa is gonna be inspired by anyway, unless they give her a Deku Nut projectile. If anything, Impa is still around more than Sheik. She's there since Link is Young Link till the final battle. Again, I won't bother too much discussing OoT Impa. It's just the fact that she's also there, and also has a strong role, while it's Sheik's ONLY appearance. It's like argueing Ghirahim over Impa here, same damn blased thing.

2. Good.
3. According to your opinion? Fact: Sakurai likes to surprise people. Who would've ever guessed these characters ever becoming playable before their reveal: Captain Falcon, Ness, Sheik, Mr.Game & Watch, Ice Climbers, R.O.B., Pokémon Trainer, Wii Fit Trainer? Can't always expect the masses to be right. Especially if there's more logic on this side, and the masses are massively confused about the matter and prefer to 'just not hear it'
4. I honestly doubt it. Sheik was only popular for her moveset anyway.

1. Why is it you ignore the existence Ocarina of Time 3D as favoring Sheik, and yet give full attention to Skyward Sword favoring Impa? Sakurai could just as easily represent Skyward Sword as he did with Twilight Princess - stages, trophies, stickers, and aesthetic changes to Zelda character appearances.
2. Ironic you mentioned Marth, considering you are advocating the removal of a popular character in place of far less popular ones (going back to my Marth/Lucina comparison).
3. Except her roles have never been expansive enough to have Sakurai even consider such a character. I don't see that changing.

1. Design me a SS-inspired Sheik without ripping off from Impa and while making it look believable. It's just a big spit in the face to keep Sheik in and piss on people wanting Impa. It's actually really going out of the way to add Sheik in, in which case I believe she should just be dropped. Ocarina of Time 3D can also be repped by stages, trophies and stickers. Or Ganondorf. Ganondorf is far more important than Sheik anyway.
2. How is this ironic at all? Impa has been around longer than Sheik, appeared more and is more important. And also fixes balance issues with Zelda / Sheik. Argue all you want, with Toon Link confirmed which of these 3 Zelda characters is the least popular you think out of Zelda, Sheik and Ganondorf? Take a good guess.
3. And that's cause Skyward Sword was released after Brawl :smirk: Good try though.

Again, you are arguing on the basis of recency and relevance (as well as your perceptive biases). In fact, considering Ocarina of Time 3D's release, if we were to go by your logic, Sheik would have even more of a reason to stay on the roster (recency and relevance) then she did back in Brawl.
Am not argueing relevance at all, am argueing overall roles and that Impa actually can fight herself and not be based on some damn made up moveset. Ocarina of Time remains Ocarina of Time, it's a remake. And it has Impa in it. That's 2 recent appearances for Impa vs 1 for Sheik. It's still making sence, and don't expect a Ocarina of Time remake for every console or handheld either. This might as well be the last we've seen from Sheik in a Zelda game cause you think they seriously gonna remake Ocarina of Time forever? Even if, Impa will continue to appear in recent and newer games. It'll make less and less sence as far as Smash progresses and am sure if Impa is in Zelda Wii U, more people will rise up and voice their opinion about her. Am just moving ahead of time here, and am hoping Sakurai shares this vision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom