• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrainerLITTLER

Smash Ace
NNID
TrainerLITTLER
I'm down with it because they are actually pretty important figures to Nintendo.
Personally I don't really like the Miis, just giving them customization would make them at least interesting.
With the Little-Pac-Mii "leak" in addition, I'm extremely confident we'll get the Miis as playable.
Little Mac was leaked? I know that Ness was, and it kind of looked legit.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Little Mac was leaked? I know that Ness was, and it kind of looked legit.
Someone posted on a different website forum with a guess that at E3 six characters would be revealed.

The guesses were: Megaman, Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, Pac-Man, Little Mac, and Mii.

Three of the guesses came true. Three characters were shown: Megaman, Villager, Wii Fit Trainer.

Almost no one on any other forums guessed Wii Fit Trainer.

Many people dismissed Villager because Sakurai said during the Brawl days, that the Villager would not fit in a fighting game. He changed his mind.

Guessing the Villager AND Wii Fit Trainer AND Megaman seems more than chance.

TrainerLITTLER

Smash Ace
NNID
TrainerLITTLER
Ya I just saw it. Weird. But have you seen the Ness leak? It actually looks legit, do to the same shading and close attention to details. But, I'm not sure where the leak would have possibly come from.

Could be a real leak, but maybe just a lucky guess? I can't seem to find Pac Man being included, hence Sakurai doesn't want third party characters.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
My one arguement against LPM is that it said it was to be at E3. That didn't happen, and it's likely the man who leaked it was just tipped off by a worker to generate hype, regarding WFT.

Either that or someone's godlike at guessing.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Ya I just saw it. Weird. But have you seen the Ness leak? It actually looks legit, do to the same shading and close attention to details. But, I'm not sure where the leak would have possibly come from.
You mean the highly detailed Ness?
I think it's fake (it looks real good anyways), but I'm sure we'll see Ness again in this installment.

My one arguement against LPM is that it said it was to be at E3. That didn't happen, and it's likely the man who leaked it was just tipped off by a worker to generate hype, regarding WFT.
Maybe the other half of the leak will be revealed at E3, having two 3rd parties revealed in 2013? I think it's too much.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
I think it's fake (it looks real good anyways), but I'm sure we'll see Ness again in this installment.

Maybe the other half of the leak will be revealed at E3, having two 3rd parties revealed in 2013? I think it's too much.
There's also E3 2014. Though to me that just sounds really strange, I think that we'll see more info at the Directs we recieve. The next one will likely have some info.

I'm glad that the whole thing regarding the website links have come to pass. Honestly, that was kind of ridiculous.

TrainerLITTLER

Smash Ace
NNID
TrainerLITTLER
I don't really care for Earth Bound just because of the fact the Farside replaced Saffron City (See my signature), but I think Ness will come back. I want to think the leak is real, but if so where did the info come from?

I'm aware my dislike for Earthbound is unfair as hell, for the record.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I don't really care for Earth Bound just because of the fact the Farside replaced Saffron City (See my signature), but I think Ness will come back. I want to think the leak is real, but if so where did the info come from?

I'm aware my dislike for Earthbound is unfair as hell, for the record.
It's actually part of a site called web remix, leading to the Ness being fake.
http://p.webremixes.org/czqnzqmq

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Well, who cares about the leak? Wii Fit Trainer single-handedly cancels out all of our speculation to this point. Because no one guessed her as a candidate for the shock character slot we saw coming miles away, no one can possibly guess anything else, ever, either. With that in mind, let's just clasp hands and not even bother trying to predict the roster in this roster prediction discussion thread.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Welp, if everyone is forbidden to speculate, that means there isn't a reason to continue speculating and just go back to playing Project M.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
What all happened this week? Finally done with finals to keep things going.

Little Mac will have a very light brown or some other boring colored tile if he gets in.
I'd go with a a gray-ish color. Too many blues and greens on the page so far.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
I don't want Miis in the game. Mostly because I don't want random matches online filled with Obama Miis, Hitler Miis and Mario Miis.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Well, who cares about the leak? Wii Fit Trainer single-handedly cancels out all of our speculation to this point. Because no one guessed her as a candidate for the shock character slot we saw coming miles away, no one can possibly guess anything else, ever, either. With that in mind, let's just clasp hands and not even bother trying to predict the roster in this roster prediction discussion thread.
To be fair, there wasn't really a point to speculating to begin with. Also I'd argue that the shock character spot was technically a spot for a character that no one had predicted (sorry "obscure for the sake of being obscure" fans), which was something that we did predict.

It was a godsend to see Sakurai deliver us a meaningful character that no one predicted. For a while, the thought of there being a character, let alone a meaningful one, that had gone unmentioned in any of the thousands of pages of the original Smash 4 threads was a myth that we all hoped was real.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
At this point in the year and not even saw any new comer a part from Mega Man, WFT and Villager, I hope that we get six more new comers, three in the big Nintendo Direct in january and one final Direct before the launch of Smash Bros showing three more characters.

.n_n.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
There is so little to talk about that you guys actually started talking about colors.
I just...that's so...really, nothing to talk about at all?
Though to be fair the color discussion was mildly interesting.
Umm...never done this before...so much pressure...
How many of you want another F-Zero character added to the roster? Not if you think one is likely, but would you be okay with and encourage such an inclusion?
And a follow up question to those you say yes: If giving Black Shadow Ganondorf's current moveset wasn't an option, who would you choose? Would you still choose Black Shadow, or would you not choose anyone if this wasn't an option?

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
There is so little to talk about that you guys actually started talking about colors.
I just...that's so...really, nothing to talk about at all?
Though to be fair the color discussion was mildly interesting.
Umm...never done this before...so much pressure...
How many of you want another F-Zero character added to the roster? Not if you think one is likely, but would you be okay with and encourage such an inclusion?
And a follow up question to those you say yes: If giving Black Shadow Ganondorf's current moveset wasn't an option, who would you choose? Would you still choose Black Shadow, or would you not choose anyone if this wasn't an option?
I wouldn't mind it, but I would want other characters before an another f-zero character

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
We've pretty much beaten every single discussion possible to a bloody pulp, so it's kind of worthless to talk about stuff.

Also, I just want Captain Falcon.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I don't really want another F-Zero character, but I wouldn't mind Black Shadow (whether he takes Ganondorf's old moveset or not) or perhaps Samurai Goroh being added.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
I don't think we've beaten every discussion to a pulp. Has there been a Meowth and/or Blaziken discussion yet? I'm not bringing them up to be dismissed as "oversaturation of Pokemon" (which, c'mon, you have to expect when you have like 750 pokemon to choose from), but discussed as "popular and relevant characters, Nintendo All-Stars in their own right". If Blaziken is not worthy of that, then Meowth still most definitely is.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
I think Meowth should of been in in 64 instead of Jigglypuff or in Melee instead of Pichu. To me, all hope is lost, but I do love the guy.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I remember how crazy discussion was Pre-E3, like you couldn't go in any of the social threads without it being entirely off topic, and by entirely, I mean entirely. I guess that's a reason I'm don't post as often as I used, every discussion was beaten like a dead horse, and there's little new discussions. This color thing is the best we got in terms of something different.

It's always the same.
Mario/Zelda- Has all the characters it's needs, but having another comes between like 2 or 3 people.
Pokemon/Fire Emblem- Some many characters, that we have debate on who's truly important.
Metroid/DK/Kid Icarus- This character needs to be in so the series feels more complete!
Most of the series with one character (barring Metroid and KI)- They don't need another character, but if one were to happen it would be this.
3rd party- Snake might not return(But most likely still will), Pac Man is are best shot for a 4th 3rd party character, people mostly expect him more than want him.
Newcomers- Shulk, Little Mac, Takamaru, Isaac and etc, are great choices for series unrepresented.
Forgive me if I forget anything, but the point is every discussion is always the same.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Fire Emblem was always the worst topic to discuss.

However a lot of uglyness happened in terms of Pokémon and Mario discussions to. Am glad that nowadays we can just agree on Mewtwo + Brawl cast. Mario is more difficult though. I see the most likely additions with the loss of Toad (R.I.P.) being Paper Mario or Bowser Jr. But Dr.Mario and Waluigi seem to have supporters to who think their character is likely. Which I find laughable honestly.

Pre-E3, almost everyone was 100% sure of Little Mac, Palutena, Takamaru and Ridley. And them being revealed at the trailer.

It's funny how little has changed with the whole King K.Rool & / vs Dixie Kong thing. It has never yet turned ugly! Which is a wonderful thing.

Zelda discussion pre-Toon Link reveal was quite different to. Ghirahim was first considered likely, then suddenly his fandom almost stopped excisting. Toon Zelda was sometimes brough up, but nobody was really hyped for her. Impa has quite some support still to this day however, which I find extremely ironic and satisfying. :cool: Tetra seems to have more fans than Toon Zelda to. Especially after Toon Link's reveal. Most discussed Zelda character is still often Ganondorf though. Or of course, Impa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom